Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000)

Caz's road to 1K Club

I have been writing in a blog for a while now, about mostly my workout stuff, some random other crap, but I felt that since I got on this board, I should probably start a workout log.

It should be noted, that I put on mass REALLY quickly, but I seem to lack the strength in the past.

This first post is 1/2 C/P from my blog, but it will be the start of everything.

Sooooo...after doing my workout today, I realized I am no where near ATG. I might be at 20degrees past Parallel but nowhere near how low I thought I was. I might post a video later, but since I am on a deload, I was just repping out 155.

Ab day either tomorrow or Friday, then back to HARDCORE on Monday, off deloading for hopefully a long time.

Goals for next week are 115 on Bicep Curl, 215 Bench, 365 Deadlift, and 275 Squat.

blog: http://crushingallsurmises.blogspot.com/
    Caz Smash

TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yesterday I hit the gym just for a little action during my deload. I felt that I was bored and lazy and million of other things that made me feel like crap that I wasn't doing anything so I went in for a whole body workout.

Here is a picture of me doing ATG Squats @ 155. Again its just a deload so no maxing, no trying to drop every ounce of energy into a exercise.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...BL_CAZ/ATG.jpg

Workout:

BB Decline Bench x 8 x 3 x 155lbs

BB Squat x 10 x 2 x 135lbs(1)/155lbs(1)

Back Extensions x 20 x 2 x 10lbs ball+Bodyweight

Straight Leg BB Deadlifts x 12 x 2 x 135lbs

Rear Delt Press Machine x 12 x 3 x 95 lbs

DB Preacher x 10 x 3 x 25 lbs each

EZ Bar Preacher x 8 x 3 x 65 lbs

Lat PD Machine x 10 x 3 x 96 lbs (Wide Grip, Long form, Strict Movement, focusing on Shoulder Blades)

Tricep Pulldown x 8 x 3 x 84 lbs "

Tricep Reverse Pulldown x 8 x 3 x 84 lbs "

Seated Calf Raises Too many 3 70 lbs "

PT Shoulder Routine (I will talk about this in later posts)

Ab Circuit (Usually anything I can think of, ranging from 30 different exercises, just focusing on abs for 3-5 mins straight)

Again, went into the gym with a doing anything mentality. Nothing planned besides the Big 3. I hate full body workouts, can't wait to get back to Hardcore training on monday.
    Caz Smash

Originally Posted by TheCaz View Post
    PT Shoulder Routine (I will talk about this in later posts)
    I thought I would update my log with a post regarding my Shoulder problems in the past.

I guess I will make this a long post, so I will start at the beginning. I started training (lifting) when I was 14. (Before then, I was a AAA hockey player, and even after) When I was 13 I fractured my jaw in 2 places from a slapshot and was forced to stop playing and do nothing for 6 months. So I dropped a lot of weight while recovering and bottomed out at 110lbs, 5'6", 13.8 years. Over the next year, I went on a mission to put weight on and then some. I finished my serious bulking phase at 160, 5'8" at 15.5 years. I guess it probably all started there, where I didn't do a lot of shoulder, lat, rhomboid work. Right as I turned 16 I felt the first pains of what I came to know as my messed up shoulders.

It felt like someone was stabbing Anterior muscle fibers of my shoulder. After 3 years of procrastination and pushing-through-it-ness. I called it a done deal and got into the doc to check it out. I got MRI's, and X-rays on both shoulders. At first they told me I had severe arthritis. But after getting the MRIs they told me I had a SLAP tear. Or a tear/lesion of the Labrum in my shoulder. I had the choice of surgery and 6 months out, or Physical Therapy and 2 months out (with obvious uncertainty if it would be 100%). Since I was still playing hockey (Junior A), I felt that it would be wise just to do PT and see how it went.

It went well (started in March 15 of 2011, ended in June 1 of 2011), going 3 times/week. I would say the pain went away about 50% of the time, and strength was increased by 50% in the surrounding muscles. I stopped my PT and went to my summer training camp (5 days/week of training for 12 weeks) where I didn't do any PT work. I think I learned a lot on how to apply moist heat pre-workout and ice afterwards. Which definitely has helped me manage the problems. I left my hockey team at the end of September for pressure and political reasons, at which time meant that I wanted to start my bulking phase again and my PT routine.

I started back to Hardcore bulking on October 1st, doing a 3 day on 2 day off routine of Chest/Tris - Back - Bi's/Forearms - Legs - Shoulders/Traps - Abs/Forearms. I am trying to get back to my PT Routine, but it's not easy, I usually don't want to do anything after my main workout (too drained and sore). But, I would say I have started doing the PT stuff once or twice a week.

11/17-11/20 I am still under deload so I will try and post about things that matter to my story before getting into a daily workout log mainly starting on the 21st.

Tomorrow I will post my thoughts on my nutrition plan. If I go to the gym tomorrow (it kills me to be on a deload and do nothing), I might do just Abs and rip them up, but not sure if I should just wait until monday.
    Caz Smash

With the end of my deload coming tomorrow, I am really pumped to get back to training and bulking hardcore. I will take B&A's on Monday morning before I start into cycle 2 of my workouts.

I will also be taking a Pre-Workout starting this cycle. I will be testing out Jack3d, NO Explode 2.0, Spark (advocare), and a couple others. After I find one I really like, I will pick one and use it from then onward. Unless I get picked for a couple testing opportunities on the Company Promotion forums in which case, I will take those.

Lastly, I am going to tweak my workouts a little. First and foremost, I am going to be going into every workout with a different attitude (heavier, less emphasis on form, and go HAM). Along with trying to add more Upper Back workouts and trying to hit a few different workouts that I haven't been doing previously.

I will try and upload more videos of me and my workouts as I use to do back a few months ago, but for starters, here is a video of me doing Azz To Grazz Squats a few days ago, again this was on a deload, so form was my main thought (which I still messed up on a little).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ-9CH3XARA
    Caz Smash

Bench day on Sunday, hurt my shoulder pretty bad so I am going to the Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow.

Here is the video I uploaded to the tube.

**copied from my youtube description**

This is a form check video, I will add annotations regarding my thoughts and details on all the weights.

*Notes*

Songs - Ajapai - Brain & I Need A Doctor - (asian trash boy remix)

I usually will only drop the weight to 1"-2" from my chest due to Shoulder Problems unless it is lighter weight.

In the future I plan on allowing more time between sets, I noticed by watching this video (before I edited it), that I only give myself about 45-90 seconds, I hope to increase that to 3 minutes because I feel I am getting really worn out after only one series of an exercises.

Also in terms of form, I feel that my Bench form wasn't bad, but I need to quit moving my feet and move them closer to the bench and closer to my upper body. On Decline, I feel that I did a pretty good job but I will probably try and bring my hands in a little more.

Please feel free give your serious thoughts and constructive criticism.

After taking yesterday off because I didn't want to push my shoulder, I am going to hit Bi's and Forearms tonight. It feels much better today, but no where near 100% so I could do anything shoulder orientated. Lots of Ice helped out the healing process.
    Caz Smash

EZ Bar Curl x 8 x 1 - 65lbs Warm up

EZ Bar Curl x 3 x 1 x 115lbs x PR!!!

EZ Bar Curl x 4 x 1 x 90lbs

DB Preacher x 6 x 3 x 30 lbs each

DB Hammer x 6 x 4 x 40/45/45/45 lbs each

DB Forearms x 8 x 3 x 40 lbs -- Superset -- DB Rev Forearms x 12 x 3 x 15 lbs

Pyramid, Wide Grip Cable Hammer Curl x 6-10 reps x 35/55/75/95/7/5/55/35lbs

Pyramid, Close Grip Cable Bicep Curl x 7reps x 35/55/75/55/35lbs

Forearm Superset (Reverse/Regular Forearm Curls) NO REST x 8 x 3 x (10 and 30lbs respectfully)

Might go into the gym if the shoulder is feeling up to it. I have my Orthopedic Surgeon appointment today, most likely he will just order some MRIs.
    Caz Smash

After going to the Doc for the shoulder, we concluded another look at an MRI Arthrogram would be something we'd need to get a better look at any changes that have been made. Only problem is the MRI itself is on Dec 9th, and the follow up is on Dec 16th (day after my bday). So I guess its just back to icing it ALL the time.

On Wednesday I ripped abs and core at the gym, too many workouts and sets to explain, just I was really sore yesterday and pretty sore today when I woke up to go to the BFriday deals in my area.

I took the day off the gym on Thanksgiving to just enjoy things and heal up everything including my shoulders. I might take the day off today also, or go in and kill legs. All up in the air with the shoulder thing. Its a day to day, feel it out deal.
    Caz Smash

Well, I know this may sounds dumb. But, I hit shoulders today (11/25/11)

Yes, even though my shoulders have been giving me problems as of late, I walked in the gym and thought, well I will try my Physical Therapy routine (the exercises the Therapist told me to do). Then after doing those, I was like, well that was a good warm up, how about hitting shoulders, really.

After doing my PT routine. I hit a superset of DB Shoulder Press, Bent Over Lateral Raises, and Seated Lateral Raises....shoulders felt FINE, not a single ounce of pain. Then I hit Rear Delt Machine (the opposite of the Chest Fly Machine). Then series of 4 sets of Upright Rows. Amongst a few other workouts to hit my shoulders a little more gently, I felt great afterwards.

I tried to stay away from doing something that would target my Anterior Fibers of my Delts, along with my Clavicular fibers in my Chest, which is where I think the problem is. I also never went below 6 reps/set.
    Last edited by TheCaz; 11-26-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Caz Smash

Rest day today. I got a massage at noon, so I am going to try and continue my rebuild today and drink lots of water, hit the sauna and whirlpool. Maybe some stretching and yoga moves.

Back to full on workout tomorrow. Probably legs or back.
    Caz Smash

Yesterday's relax day at the gym went really well. Deep Massage+Whirlpool+Sauna was like an orgasm. Fell asleep afterwards for 3 hours too.

Today I'm going to hit legs. Lots of Squats (going to try for a new PR) and lots of Calf Raises (among other things).
    Caz Smash

Hit legs hard yesterday....here is a video from a part of my workout.

Failed at Squat 275, back hurt mid way through

BB Squatx4x8x185 lbsx(Not Hitting Parallel, back was hurting bad)

Hack Squatx1x10x270 lbs

Hack Squatx5x9x320 lbsxVideo

Leg Curl Machinex3x8x115/125/135lbs

But/Hammy Machinex3x8x110 lbs each foot

Thinking Bi's and Forearms today...
    Caz Smash

Hit Bi's and Forearms +Abs today, very good workout, didn't break my PR though.

FAILED at 125 lbs EZ Bar Curl

EZ Bar Curl x1x1x115 lbs

EZ Bar Curl x6x3x85 lbs

DB Preacher x7x2x30 lbs each

Hammer Curls x5x4x45 lbs each

Ab Circuit
    Chin Ups

Inclined Bench DB Curls x3x7x35/25/30 lbs each

Forearm Curls x3x8x45 lbs each

Reverse Forearm Curls x3x8x15 lbs each

Forearm Superset x3x10x30/10 lbs each

Ab Circuit

JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO TEST OUT A NEW PRODUCT; MET-Rx AMPED (new formula)

I'm going to start logging it, then review it when I'm done with the tub. PUMPED to try it out!
    Last edited by TheCaz; 11-28-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    Caz Smash

Yesterdays workout 11/29/11:

BB Bench x1x3x205 lbs
    BB Bench x4x6x185 lbs
    Decline BB Bench x5x6x155 lbs -- shoulder started hurting
    Seated Calf Raises x3x10x90 lbs
    DB Bench x5x6x70(x1)/75each(x4)
    Tricep Pulldown x3x6x120/132/132lbs - SS - Tricep Reverse Pulldown x3x6x96/108/108 lbs
    Low-to-High Cable Fly x3x6x55lbs

Offday today 11/30/11, and gonna hit back tomorrow. 12/1/11 Hoping to break my deadlift PR!
    Caz Smash

peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Surprised no one has subbed to this. I'm in bro!

My deadlifts for today. Broke my PR, got to 335lbs (from 315). I didn't post an earlier part where I failed out at 365lbs.

I can tell I need to work on my form, but feel free to give me feedback.

-Note, I hurt my right leg hamstring on my first lift (365). Like it felt like it popped. But it feels fine now, and I was able to do everything else fine. Just felt bad at the time and while I was in the movements of lifting.

Hitting Shoulders probably tomorrow.

Originally Posted by peteyboy1015 View Post
    Surprised no one has subbed to this. I'm in bro!
    THANKS BRAH! HOPE TO GET LOTS MORE!
    Caz Smash

peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very nice form on the deadlifts bro. Keep it up.

Took yesterday off to rest, and same with today. I need it bad though, my back is still sore from the 1st.

What should I start with on Monday?
    Caz Smash

OH yes, after a 2 day break, its back to the gym. Gonna hit Bi's and Forearms. I'll try and catch a video, hopefully gonna break a PR on the Curls!
    Caz Smash

Hit Bi's and Forearms hard today, along with a really good PT Shoulder workout (really felt the burn)

BB Straight Bar Bicep Curls x6repsx5x90,100,100,90,90 lbs

DB Hammer Curls 5x3x45 lbs each

Ab Circuit -Great burn-

Incline Bench DB Hammer Curls x5x4x40lbs (2) / 35 lbs (2) --60deg (2) / 45deg (2)

(Single Set) Cable Rope Bicep Curl Pyramid x 15/12/7/4/1/3/6/10/12reps x 35/55/75/95/115/95/75/55/35lbs

(Single Set) Reverse Grip Curl Cable Pyramid x 10/7/4/1/3/5/10reps x 35/55/75/95/75/55/35lbs

Behind Back Forearm Curl x7x3x95lbs <<SuperSet'd>> Seated Forearm Curl x10x3x45lbs each

Seated Reverse Curl x10x4x10 lbs / 15 lbs each 2 sets of weights, switching SuperSetting, 10lbs slow, 15 lbs fast

Seated Forearm Curl 7x3x40 lbs each <<SuperSet'd>> Seated Reverse Curl 15x3x15 lbs each

PT Shoulder Work --GREAT burn--

Tried out my Sansa Clip Zip for the first time at tonights workout....below in my sig is the review. 9 stars out of 10.
    Caz Smash

Last 2 workouts:

(Lift x Reps x Sets x Weight)

(12/6/11, Legs)

ATG Squats x5x5x185

Hack Squats ATG 6x9x 90/180/270/360/450/460/270/180/90 lbs

Leg Extensions x6x5x220 lbs

Hammy Machine x6x3x140 lbs

Standing Calf Raises x7x6x270 lbs

Ab Circuit - TO HARD FAILURE

(12/7/11, Chest/Tri's)

BB Bench x23x1x135 lbs (PR! Last time I tried 135 in May, I only got out like 15.)

BB Bench x4x1x185 lbs

DB Bench x6x1x75 lbs each

DB Bench x4x2x80 lbs each

Cable Flys x6x3x60 lbs each

Various Hand Position Inclined Pushups ~30 reps, 3 sets

Tri Pulldown x6x3x132 lbs

One Arm Tri Reverse Pulldown x12x3x24 lbs each

Tri Kickbacks x10x2x20 lbs each

Tri Overhead Extensions x7x2x50 lbs
    Caz Smash

SHOULDER DAY today. I am never sore after a shoulder day, but I pretty much guarantee after this new Pyramid I did today, I will be killer sore tomorrow in my delts.

DB Shoulder Press x6x3x50 lbs each

Standing DB Lateral Raises x7x3x25 lbs each

Bent Shoulder Raises x7x3x25 lbs each

Upright Rows x6x5x115 lbs

Lying Side Raises x12x2x15 lbs each

Cable High-Low RC Pulldown x8x3x30 lbs each

Delt Deck Machine x12x3x140 lbs

Standing DB Lateral Raises Pyramid x 8/8/8/4/4/4/8/8/8/50 x 5/10/15/20/25/20/15/10/5/0 <AMAZING workout for shoulders....now a staple for my shoulder days.

Behind Back Forearm Curl x10x4x115 lbs

Seated Forearm Curl x10x4x40 lbs each

Seated Reverse Curl x10x4x15 lbs each
    Caz Smash

I ALWAYS go to the gym with the mindset of breaking PRs and killing it. But after hitting back yesterday, I must say I need to take a break from all things that hit my low back. I can't even bend over now.

Off day today, then back to it tomorrow for Bi/Forearms.
    Caz Smash

Tell, you what, there is nothing better than just a good ole off day at the gym.

Whirlpool>Sauna>Shower>Watch TV>Whirlpool>Sauna>Shave>Shower <<Best night in a long time.
    Caz Smash

Hit 120 on barbell curl yesterday (12/12/11). Great bi and forearm day, its been hard to make myself sore the next day, but after doing a few Hammer Pyramids I got it done.

Day off today, just wasn't feeling it. Felt like sleeping all day, so listened to my body and got some rest. On a side note, I finished the reading through the entire series at 10 am on 12/12/11.

Hitting Chest tomorrow, gonna try and beat out some people on this thread for 100 pushups in the fastest time. I'm thinking I can drop it in less than 2 minutes.
    Caz Smash

After taking 12-23-11 to 1-6-11 off completely. I will be getting back to things when I get back to town this Friday. Can't wait to break PRs my first week back to it! Gonna start logging my new AMPED by Met Rx, and gonna start really going hard in the paint again. Thumbs up for the new year.
    Caz Smash

Best luck for the New Year bro. Hit it hard.

Originally Posted by peteyboy1015 View Post
    Best luck for the New Year bro. Hit it hard.
    Thank you sir. Same to you.

BTW, taking more progress pictures later this week.
    Caz Smash

Gonna start posting my workouts the way I log them on excel in my computer, then take a screen shot and upload it. So much easier.

So glad to be in the swing of things, eating much more regularly and working out hard (christmas and new years I was out of town), gonna rip it UP!
    Caz Smash

What kind of split are you on now?
    Unlike many people, I don't do the same thing every week. I change it up every week (in terms of what day I do workouts). I don't even really do the same exercises or reps, or even same sets every workout. Every workout I go in with a mindset of getting swollen, and to be sore the next day.

For example, this week....

1/6-Bi's/F's/abs
    1/7-ChestTri
    1/8-Rest? Or Legs (not sure how I feel in the morning)
    1/9-Back/Lats/F's
    1/10-Delts/Traps/Abs

Anything past that is up to how my body is feeling. My labrum tear is starting to show a little (not literally), I can certainly feel my right shoulder feeling a little weaker in general than my left. I am bulking until March 1st-15th, then having the surgery, and cutting starting a month after that. The reason I am saying this, is because everyday, I wake up and asses what I want to do in terms of working out that day. The past two days I have hit arms pretty hard, and honestly I don't want to snap my Bicep tendon to my Labrum for real. I think the doc said that the way it looks now, the tendon part that is attaching the bicep tendon to the labrum is frayed (in english. read the post a few up to see the technical info).

I would like to get a few things done tomorrow, and a rest day sounds good, but otherwise ill hit legs.

I am also really watching my back, my low back has been naggingly hurting for the past few months whenever I hit Deadlift or Squat on a heavy weight. I am honestly not going to hit Back or Legs much until after my surgery and rehab, because first I want to get a little more proportional in my top half, and doing really heavy deadlift can really increase the risk of a full tear of my Bicep Tendon.

Clear as mud?
    Last edited by TheCaz; 01-07-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Caz Smash

Not a bad workout, shoulder started getting weak halfway through though. Legs today unless I feel I need a rest day.

Caz Smash