nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How beneficial are push ups?

I started doing them like every night just because I heard it helps with functional strength and I want to play college ball. I'm doing everything I can to make that happen, including extra sprint work and plyometrics. I'm about to drop my coach's **** weight training class and workout by myself too, because I know whats best for me. Anyways, I've been doing like 25x4 push ups with a little rest in between trying to ease my way up slowly but, I was wondering are the push ups that beneficial to increasing weight on bench, stronger core, more functional strength? Don't get me wrong I'll do whatever it takes to get to the next level and then some but, I want to know if what I've heard is true. Also any other advice regarding training, speed training, playing D line, is all appreciated. Thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*I always rep back, just put rep back.

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

Weezer123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That was a very nice article. Thanks for sharing it. I do push up too, just in the morning right after I wake up.
    BSN No Xplode http://www.bsnsyntha6proteinshake.com/
    BSN Nitrix http://www.bsnsyntha6proteinshake.com/
    BSN Cellmass http://www.bsnsyntha6proteinshake.com/

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Weezer123 View Post
    That was a very nice article. Thanks for sharing it. I do push up too, just in the morning right after I wake up.
    Lol ... don't do pushups slowly or when you play you are going to be slow. They are fine to work into a workout as a finisher when you are tired because the injury rate is very low, but bodyweight exercises take too many reps to be your major strength gainer. Go heavy on weights and use as a finisher ... this will be your best combo.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!

nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jgood View Post
    Lol ... don't do pushups slowly or when you play you are going to be slow. They are fine to work into a workout as a finisher when you are tired because the injury rate is very low, but bodyweight exercises take too many reps to be your major strength gainer. Go heavy on weights and use as a finisher ... this will be your best combo.
    So no push ups every night? So lets say I finish benching and my workout completely do my other additional work then, do like 25x2 pushups? or something. What makes that better than just doing them at home?

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Juvitee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    High reps won't make you into a strong athlete. The reason you do push ups at the end is because they are easy and after you are tired they will cause more muscle tears and thus great muscle fatigue and later recovery.

Also... you can't bench press everyday that won't make you strong you need to get on a strength program to get yourself into shape for football. Also if you are planning to be pro you should know that NFL players eventually are almost 100% juicers because the sport is untested and in order to compete on that level you have to "play by the rules".

Disclaimer: I am natty but I don't have anything against roids and I do believe they are safe when taken with proper dosages and care.

Good luck man.

Originally Posted by Juvitee View Post
    High reps won't make you into a strong athlete. The reason you do push ups at the end is because they are easy and after you are tired they will cause more muscle tears and thus great muscle fatigue and later recovery.

Also... you can't bench press everyday that won't make you strong you need to get on a strength program to get yourself into shape for football. Also if you are planning to be pro you should know that NFL players eventually are almost 100% juicers because the sport is untested and in order to compete on that level you have to "play by the rules".

Disclaimer: I am natty but I don't have anything against roids and I do believe they are safe when taken with proper dosages and care.

Good luck man.
    I never said I did bench everyday, I ran SS before football and got amazing gains. Also I'm 14, steroids aren't an option. I definetly would love to take football to a collegiate level and I plan on doing so but, roids aren't going to be part of my plan.

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nusa View Post
    So no push ups every night? So lets say I finish benching and my workout completely do my other additional work then, do like 25x2 pushups? or something. What makes that better than just doing them at home?
    No need to do them every night. Your body needs rest and recovery from work even if it is just pushups we are talking about. It depends on your workout how you have pushups worked in, but you could do them following bench to get a good quick exercise after or you can do them at the end of your workout. You won't need to or be able to do near as many pushups by doing this but get great benefit. Make sure your form does not suffer because when you are worked, you are worked so stop. You can even do plyo pushups for some power work.
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!

Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jerry158 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think push ups are only good if you plan to be doing a fitness test to get into a job, other then that push ups are overrated.

jpk14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpk14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpk14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpk14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpk14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpk14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Juvitee View Post

Good luck man.
    Just had to throw this in, but did I just read that right? Pro football is untested??? They were the first pro sport to institute drug testing. You might not remember him, but does Lyle Alzedo ring a bell? Also, do you remember Brian Cushing getting suspended two years ago for the juice? Stay off the roids and be true to yourselves. Be the best you can naturally.
    No excuses! You either do or you don't!

TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are 14 and know what's best for you? You don't even know who you are at 14.

Listen to your coaches, they are smarter than you.

Originally Posted by TheChadF View Post
    You are 14 and know what's best for you? You don't even know who you are at 14.

Listen to your coaches, they are smarter than you.
    Just because I'm 14 means I have no clue what I'm talking about? Your 26 get out of here.I know more than my coach, and I don't want your opinion, bye.

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350