Thread: Hello everyone

jpwhitey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hello everyone

well i just joined the site today, still working on putting in the workouts i've recorded, i guess this would be a good place to start with a little background no? lets see, where to start, well i'm a truck driver, been in the industry about 3 years now, when i first started i was down around 200-210. i was in decent shape from a labor intesnsive job i had come from, anybody whos worked for truegreen and felt the belt of quantity quantity quantity understands lol. well from day one in the semi everything went down hill, eventually i worked my way up to around 250, now mind you this is not my highest weight, back when i was married i was up above 300 for a period, sitting at a desk back then... alot of chineese for lunch.. what can i say... shortly after this i found out i had cancer... during the treatments they were giving me prednison(sp?) although a great drug for the use, it massively increases your appitite.. i wanted to eat anything i saw, well the treatments went well.. about 6 months later i acheived complete remission and to the most recent knowledge, it still is... that was in sept of 2010, during this period things slowly deteriorated in my life and the stress levels began to rise.. around febuary i went through a few major changes in my life that were rather rough to deal with.. by march, according to the dr, my stress level had gotten so high that i lost all intrest in food for about 2 weeks, and during that time a 5 day span in the middle of that i lost 45 pounds.. rather scary but luckly it wasnt my first fear.. that the cancer had come back... shortly there after things improved in many area's i began doing workouts when i was loading my truck, 25 pushups here, 25 situp there, after a short bit i was doing so many mini workouts a day i was doing between 300 and 400 total pushups a day. eventually that moved into adding a bench workout in occasionally... things were going well but i had to take things fairly easy as i had a double inguinal hernia... by august i had gotten the surgerys schedualed and had both fixed, this ruined me.. i also had another surgery 2 weeks prior as well.. i ended up out of body building for about 8 weeks, now before the surgerys i was around 195, after my recovery i was back up to 215... but i forced myself to start working out again.. and as many of you know.. the more you force your self to workout.. the more you end up wanting to work out.... shortly after this my friend provided me with the golds gym bench you see in my photo gallery, since sept i've been becoming more and more avid about my workouts, and starting to get a grip on my cravings, as of today i droped the bottom of my weight plateau. the lowest weight i had achieved before tonight was 189.4, tonight i registered in at 188.8.. and now here we are.. thank you for reading if you made it this far.. if anyone would like to look at my workout regiments and offer any advice.. i have done plenty of reading but i still am somewhat of a newbie to weight lifting..
    Thank you everyone, this seems like a great program/community, i look forward to whats to come from this site.

JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessBM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That is quite the story. Glad you made it through all that tough stuff alright.
    Good luck with your goals and stay positive