Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Hell Raiser Training Solo

Due to popular demand, I'm going to dedicate this thread to all things Hell Raiser Training Solo. Those without a training partner that take on the iron alone, but want to experience the benefits of HRT.

Solo Hell Raiser Training is based on Split Set Training with Negatives (SST/N). The individual performs in this case 8 positive reps and follows them immediately with 6 negative reps (8+6), unlike Hell Raiser Training with Hellcentrics which is 8+4. With SST/N it's necessary to put the muscles through a couple more negative reps to come close to emptying the tank since there are no extreme forced reps involved which completely exhaust the muscle under load. After performing the initial 8 reps in the positive portion of the movement you will still perform the negatives at a steady rate of a 5 count. You will still choose a weight thats between 60 and 80% of your 1 rep max and remember this is just a guide for determining the right weight to choose. You can increase or decrease the weight based on how well you are able to perform the exercise on any given lift.

So if you've been wanting to give Hell Raiser Training a test drive and don't have a training partner, now's your chance. Unlike HRT with Hellcentrics, you can start right away and do not need to have a minimum of 2 years experience in the gym or a training partner. You can reap the benefits starting today.

You can perform the same routine as outlined in the video series. 2 sets of 8 + 6 for each lift performed.

Post your solo vids, comments and questions right here.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice...!!! Been running this, a lot...
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

Registered User CaliberIsNumUno's Avatar
    CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaliberIsNumUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If we don't have a partner, how are we suppose to do negative reps?

Is it something to the fashion of lifting it rather fast, then taking 5 seconds to lower? Or perhaps one rep rest/pause sets?

Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rsd147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CaliberIsNumUno View Post

Is it something to the fashion of lifting it rather fast, then taking 5 seconds to lower? Or perhaps one rep rest/pause sets?
    I'm the same. Want to do the program but how can you do the negative reps on your own and it says on the original program 8+4Negative, how come this one is more negative?

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Originally Posted by rsd147 View Post
    I'm the same. Want to do the program but how can you do the negative reps on your own and it says on the original program 8+4Negative, how come this one is more negative?
    Basically, the 1st 2 weeks will be spent trying to find the proper weight... "After performing the initial 8 reps in the positive portion of the movement you will still perform the negatives at a steady rate of a 5 count. You will still choose a weight thats between 60 and 80% of your 1 rep max and remember this is just a guide for determining the right weight to choose. You can increase or decrease the weight based on how well you are able to perform the exercise on any given lift."

By the last rep (the final 5-count rep) It should take everything in your power to make it through that final one... The reason why this one has more reps, is that you do not have the partner adding the additional resistance/overload on the hellcentric portion of the rep... So the additional reps are needed for the overload...

Once you get "used" to the system, you then have the option of adding additional intensifiers, such as added weight or slowing down the pace of the 5 count negative...

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This thread might help for those doin' HRT solo... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthrea...hout-A-Partner
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

JoeSorrenti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeSorrenti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am on week 3 of HRT solo, I have been doing the 6 negatives since week 2. Sometimes throwing a dropset at the end to completely destroy that muscle. Yesterday was Hellsession I and I swear my forarms were going to burst.

Awesome workouts, This program is great.

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JoeSorrenti View Post
    I am on week 3 of HRT solo, I have been doing the 6 negatives since week 2. Sometimes throwing a dropset at the end to completely destroy that muscle. Yesterday was Hellsession I and I swear my forarms were going to burst.

Stay tuned, JS... We're gonna run a solo HRT contest as well as the team contest here on BB.com...
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaEclipse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up Hell Raiser Training Solo

Here you go brother. Just remember that Hell Raiser Training in general is all about the pump, not the build up of lactic acid from over working the muscles with tons of sets and reps. The solo version of my program is still effective. Hope this helps.

The incline looks a bit crocked but you get the drift.

[/QUOTE]
    The Animal Way..... Hard to The Core !

Animalpak.com

Universalnutrition.com

http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100003342002892

http://www.universalusa.com

TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JoeSorrenti View Post

That is no joke my man, glad to hear its going well.
    Universal - www.UniversalUSA.com
    Animal - www.AnimalPak.com

My Personal Site - www.ChristianCoronato.com

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello rage, I have a question. Im 15 and i've been going to the gym a little over a year now. I go 6 days a week for 3 hours. My question is, would this workout program be appropriate for my age? Im all about pushing myself and seeing how far I can go. I checked out some of the other training programs on this website that are recommended for teens but they all are just not intense enough. Also, my main goal is to gain weight and build muscle.

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    Hello rage, I have a question. Im 15 and i've been going to the gym a little over a year now. I go 6 days a week for 3 hours. My question is, would this workout program be appropriate for my age? Im all about pushing myself and seeing how far I can go. I checked out some of the other training programs on this website that are recommended for teens but they all are just not intense enough. Also, my main goal is to gain weight and build muscle.
    This program will work fine for you if your focusing on size. Use machines for heavier compound movements till you get the swing of things.

I started my weight lifting career at your age. The sky's the limit brother. Enjoy and stay with it.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Printable logs

Hey Rage getting supper pumped about this program and the chance to be in the solo competition. I had a quick question though. Are there printable logs for the solo version of HRT? If so where could they be found or can you please post them in here. That would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
    Starting Strength Weights
    1/26/2011 to 4/30/2011

Squat- 115lb to 335lb
    Bench- 115lb to 230lb
    Press- 65lb to 145lb
    Clean- 45lb to 170lb
    Dead Lift- 135lb to 350lb

My SS Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131696973

spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmmmm.... i'm 15 and i'm always interested in new ways to train. So ima probably do it like this Babylover's modified starting strength until my progress comes to a halt. Then madcows 5x5 to increase my strength a bit more. Then straight to HRT training. Great program the training looks intense as he**

DragonStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

This style of lifting is awesome!!! I just tried it yesterday with chest and triceps. Holy crap, I was HUGE when I was done. I realized it was time to leave when I couldn't even complete the positive reps on a cable press down movement, lol!
    Can't wait to try this on Back and biceps!

Originally Posted by skasmith View Post
    Hey Rage getting supper pumped about this program and the chance to be in the solo competition. I had a quick question though. Are there printable logs for the solo version of HRT? If so where could they be found or can you please post them in here. That would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
    Not yet, but I'll hit the guys up to see what we can do.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Originally Posted by spartanftw View Post
    Hmmmm.... i'm 15 and i'm always interested in new ways to train. So ima probably do it like this Babylover's modified starting strength until my progress comes to a halt. Then madcows 5x5 to increase my strength a bit more. Then straight to HRT training. Great program the training looks intense as he**
    I got my start in this industry at 15 brother. Great to have you in here. Let me know if I can help along the way.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Originally Posted by DragonStang View Post
    This style of lifting is awesome!!! I just tried it yesterday with chest and triceps. Holy crap, I was HUGE when I was done. I realized it was time to leave when I couldn't even complete the positive reps on a cable press down movement, lol!
    Nice. It's great for us sadistic minded animals that are addicted to pain lol.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't wait to start this!! Evne if i don't get picked still planning on doin it like an animal

skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10) skasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DragonStang View Post
    Originally Posted by ragingmuscle View Post
    Nice. It's great for us sadistic minded animals that are addicted to pain lol.
    No ****. I did the chest and tri work out Friday night and me arms are still screaming. By the end of the work out I was doing one handed dumbbell extensions and had to help with my free hand to get the positives to get the most out of those last negatives. I can't wait to blast them again.
    Starting Strength Weights
    1/26/2011 to 4/30/2011

Squat- 115lb to 335lb
    Bench- 115lb to 230lb
    Press- 65lb to 145lb
    Clean- 45lb to 170lb
    Dead Lift- 135lb to 350lb

My SS Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131696973

Stonebraker89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did legs this morning using the sample workout my quadriceps freak'n blew up.

• Leg Press 2 x 8+4
    • Leg Extension 2 x 8+4
    • Hack Squats 2 x 8+4
    • Hamstring Raises 2 x 8+4
    • Standing Leg Curls 2 x 8+4

DragonStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sunday did chest and tri, Monday did back and bi, HAD to take Tuesday off.
    Today is legs lol !
    But then the next days are fun Shoulders and TRAPS, then just an Arm day.
    That will be interesting cause by the time I get to arms after the core movements my arms are dead.

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ragingmuscle View Post
    Not yet, but I'll hit the guys up to see what we can do.
    Hope so lol would be a lot easier

I'll start once the write up is done so i can print off what i am suppose to do each week and how many sets of 8 plus 6 negative. Or just pm me if you don't care.. Either way works i just am ready to start this tomorrow or next week.

Originally Posted by necrologic View Post
    I'll start once the write up is done so i can print off what i am suppose to do each week and how many sets of 8 plus 6 negative. Or just pm me if you don't care.. Either way works i just am ready to start this tomorrow or next week.
    You can use these same logs at the end of each Hell Session video.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...sion1_3log.pdf

Your just changing the rep scheme to 8 + 6 instead of 8 + 4 HC
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Registered User thisismyaccount's Avatar
    thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Rage,
    Im gonna do HRT by myself so for the negatives do I also do the partial and full rep to be one of the +6?

Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
    Hey Rage,
    Im gonna do HRT by myself so for the negatives do I also do the partial and full rep to be one of the +6?
    Ahh..good question to help out here in the solo section. No. Just do the 8 regular reps which prime the muscle like a pump and then perform 6 negatives each descending at the pace of a 5 count. No partial needed.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Registered User rickisthecoolest1's Avatar
    rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this seems like an awesome plan, a few questions though, on your forum you said this is for people with less than two years of experience if I understand right? I don't have the ability to have a partner due to my schedule, but have been training for along time now, would you still suggest this? Also 2 sets per exercise are your workouts pretty short? Also is this a good plan to cut on? Thanks for your help.
    Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve him.

Originally Posted by rickisthecoolest1 View Post
    this seems like an awesome plan, a few questions though, on your forum you said this is for people with less than two years of experience if I understand right? I don't have the ability to have a partner due to my schedule, but have been training for along time now, would you still suggest this? Also 2 sets per exercise are your workouts pretty short? Also is this a good plan to cut on? Thanks for your help.
    I've been training, for quite awhile, now... Train solo... And I use this as my preferred method of training... As far as the 2 sets... Those are the working sets... Depends on how long it takes you to get warmed up... But, yes, the workouts are far shorter but more intense...

Registered User rickisthecoolest1's Avatar
    rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you thats good to know. I have been wanting to try a new style of training. I did the ast max ot program heavy style also not alot of working sets I liked it but I always feel like I need to do more after im done because the workouts are like 20 minutes. Im excited to do this though because ive never done this style of training before. will be fun.
    Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    I've been training, for quite awhile, now... Train solo... And I use this as my preferred method of training... As far as the 2 sets... Those are the working sets... Depends on how long it takes you to get warmed up... But, yes, the workouts are far shorter but more intense...
    Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve him.