Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rickisthecoolest1 View Post
    Thank you thats good to know. I have been wanting to try a new style of training. I did the ast max ot program heavy style also not alot of working sets I liked it but I always feel like I need to do more after im done because the workouts are like 20 minutes. Im excited to do this though because ive never done this style of training before. will be fun.
    Keep us posted, on how it goes...!!! And, don't hesitate to ask any questions along the way... Sometimes the smallest question makes the difference, as to what you get out of a program...
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

Registered User thisismyaccount's Avatar
    thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just did my first day. On the very first set of negatives i knew this would be the greatest workout plan o have done. Quick question after I finish lifting and still feel the need to try to beat the lactic acid and do **** tons of reps to really make the muscle sore should i do that?

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
    Just did my first day. On the very first set of negatives i knew this would be the greatest workout plan o have done. Quick question after I finish lifting and still feel the need to try to beat the lactic acid and do **** tons of reps to really make the muscle sore should i do that?
    Nope. Your good right there bro. Blast them with the negs and get the **** out.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was waiting on the this workout to come out ever since I saw the first ad for it on BB.com....It has not disappointed! I have never had such a pump from a workout with so little sets. This workout has allowed me to get in and get out on most days in about 35 mins on my lunch breaks. (I have a wife who is admit about me staying home at night to help with my son) Now I had to change a few things in order to get it to work but it has worked great! I've had to split up the workouts up to get them in. Leg, done at night, (only night I can lift.) Shoulders, Back, rest day, Chest and arms or split the two up over two days. I also do cardio every other day or at least 4 days a week. I've managed to gain 4 lbs since starting this workout. At 196 now. Was 192 when I started(what I gained after a show in Oct. was on stage at 180).

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brad23 View Post
    I was waiting on the this workout to come out ever since I saw the first ad for it on BB.com....It has not disappointed! I have never had such a pump from a workout with so little sets. This workout has allowed me to get in and get out on most days in about 35 mins on my lunch breaks. (I have a wife who is admit about me staying home at night to help with my son) Now I had to change a few things in order to get it to work but it has worked great! I've had to split up the workouts up to get them in. Leg, done at night, (only night I can lift.) Shoulders, Back, rest day, Chest and arms or split the two up over two days. I also do cardio every other day or at least 4 days a week. I've managed to gain 4 lbs since starting this workout. At 196 now. Was 192 when I started(what I gained after a show in Oct. was on stage at 180).
    Awesome bro. Let me know if I can help along your journey brother.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Registered User rickisthecoolest1's Avatar
    rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have had a ton of fun with this. Its a really interesting style of training. The workouts are super fast, the pumps are really intense and if you don't take the proper rest in between sets you total putter out well short of the 8-6 goal the next time. Its really good though I haven't really got sore after the workouts like I had expected but when im doing them its very painful. Thanks for the workout. I needed something new to start fresh with.
    Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve him.

I have had a ton of fun with this. Its a really interesting style of training. The workouts are super fast, the pumps are really intense and if you don't take the proper rest in between sets you total putter out well short of the 8-6 goal the next time. Its really good though I haven't really got sore after the workouts like I had expected but when im doing them its very painful. Thanks for the workout. I needed something new to start fresh with.
    Nice bro.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Registered User thisismyaccount's Avatar
    thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisismyaccount is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For the bench presses can we change it to dumbbell because for incline i don't feel comfortable doing barbell

Jay_de has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agreed!

I've been an avid FORVM since 2007, but due to my hectic work/school/ fam schedule over the past two years, i've found it to be tough to remain consistent with my training. Although i've always found time to work out during the week, this inconsistency caused me to lose a bit of the size i've accumulated over the years.

After jumping back in and recommitting myself (once again), I ran across Rage's program on the FORVM and decided to give it a go. First session was last night and I must say, i'm DEAD today. As it's been mentioned, one of the most awkward parts was getting the initial weight figured out. Although I know roughly what my 1 rep max is, I can honestly say that I had to throw that 60 - 80% working figure out the window QUICK. I'd burn through the 8 reps (concentrating on the squeeze at the top), but about 3 or 4 deep on my negative 6...my eyes were crossing and i'd have the urge to pause at the bottom for a rest. As stated, check the ego at the door. This is the first time a workout this short has ever made me LITERALLY light headed and feeling like I was going to puke. My arms and shoulders are Jelly today.

cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a couple questions about the two sets of 8+6.
    Do I do the negatives on both sets?
    Do I keep the weight the same for both sets?

Also are the movements in the workout different, or are they more or less interchangeable? I noticed in the solo video the movements are different than listed in the original BB.com article.
    Last edited by cgcgraded; 12-16-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    You have to put yourself first or people will put you second.

brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rage,
    I have been doing HRT since Oct. (about to complete the 12week program) and about to switch it up to but I love the HRT workout. Any ideas of what I could switch my lifting to for that break? Also, when I start HRT I was 192lbs (don't know my BF then), I'm now 199lbs at 7.2%BF height=5'10.5, I was 195lbs at 7.4%BF on Dec20th. All measurement went down but my Abs and hips, They stayed the same. I also did 25 mins of cardio every other day while doing this program, mainly to keep my wind so i wouldn't breath hard during my workouts so I could focus on my lifts better.

Thanks for your Time!

Originally Posted by ragingmuscle View Post
    Awesome bro. Let me know if I can help along your journey brother.

Rage,
    I have been doing HRT since Oct. (about to complete the 12week program) and about to switch it up to but I love the HRT workout. Any ideas of what I could switch my lifting to for that break? Also, when I start HRT I was 192lbs (don't know my BF then), I'm now 199lbs at 7.2%BF height=5'10.5, I was 195lbs at 7.4%BF on Dec20th. All measurement went down but my Abs and hips, They stayed the same. I also did 25 mins of cardio every other day while doing this program, mainly to keep my wind so i wouldn't breath hard during my workouts so I could focus on my lifts better.

Thanks for your Time!
    Keep it going brother. Looks like your still adding lean mass at that body comp change. I've had guys make gains for more than a year straight. Let me know your thoughts. I recommend continuing for at least another 4 to 8 weeks.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

pallacanestro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rage...I love this workout for the idea of some serious muscle mass gain. My question is, I have some extra body fat around the belly, waist, and chest area that I would love to get rid of. How can I keep gaining muscle but lose that extra bit of fat?

Originally Posted by ragingmuscle View Post
    Keep it going brother. Looks like your still adding lean mass at that body comp change. I've had guys make gains for more than a year straight. Let me know your thoughts. I recommend continuing for at least another 4 to 8 weeks.
    I think it would be a good idea as well bc I plan to do a few shows between may 26th an june 9th anyway. This will carry me over till my contest prep. Its really no need to change up my lifting style since I'm gaining lean mass still. I just was curious bc your program was set up for a 12 week time frame. I'm pretty amped to hear you say you've had guys make gain for a year straight. I'm also going to cut the cardio back to twice or 3 times a week just to see if that has been hindering my growth. I was just doing it every other day to keep my wind and to clear my head of sinus crap. Oh and just a FYI, I'm natural and have been for a long time, nothing against it the ones who aren't, but I'm loving the fact that I can gain mass like this naturally. With the accompaniment of a good diet of course.

My diet is as follows.
    Meal #1
    6 egg whites and 2 whole eggs
    3/4 cup of oatmeal
    small amount of pomegranate

Meal #2
    2 scoops of protein,

Meal #3
    8 oz of chicken
    8 oz of sweet potato
    1 cup of broccoli

Meal #4
    8 oz of fish
    3/4 cup of brown rice
    1 cup of broccoli

Meal #5
    8 oz of chicken
    two tbsp of almond butter
    1 cup of broccoli

Meal #6
    8 oz of chicken
    1 cup of broccoli

With two cheat meals a week. Just whatever I want. Post of the time its a big carb meal. (pizza or Mexican) Or whatever the wife craves.....pregnancy cravings lol

I think it would be a good idea as well bc I plan to do a few shows between may 26th an june 9th anyway. This will carry me over till my contest prep. Its really no need to change up my lifting style since I'm gaining lean mass still. I just was curious bc your program was set up for a 12 week time frame. I'm pretty amped to hear you say you've had guys make gain for a year straight. I'm also going to cut the cardio back to twice or 3 times a week just to see if that has been hindering my growth. I was just doing it every other day to keep my wind and to clear my head of sinus crap. Oh and just a FYI, I'm natural and have been for a long time, nothing against it the ones who aren't, but I'm loving the fact that I can gain mass like this naturally. With the accompaniment of a good diet of course.

My diet is as follows.
    Meal #1
    6 egg whites and 2 whole eggs
    3/4 cup of oatmeal

Meal #2
    2 scoops of protein,

Meal #3
    8 oz of chicken
    8 oz of sweet potato
    1 cup of broccoli

Meal #4
    8 oz of fish
    3/4 cup of brown rice
    1 cup of broccoli

Meal #5
    8 oz of chicken
    1 cup of broccoli

Meal #6
    8 oz of chicken
    1 cup of broccoli

With two cheat meals a week. Just whatever I want. Post of the time its a big carb meal. (pizza or Mexican) Or whatever the wife craves.....pregnancy cravings lol
    This is great to hear and the diet looks on point. One of the reasons physique athletes are making gains over a longer period of time is because the body has a difficult time adapting to Hellcentrics.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

sn1ckrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, there are no hack squat machines in the gym's that i attend. I was wondering if there were substitute machines or movements i could use for this exercise?! Really excited about starting the program! Thanks!
    ~Sn1ckrs~
    ye, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for the Lord thy God is at my side.

ohiodawg75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm on week 3 of HRT and have a quick question regarding leg/back day - is there a specific reason against squats/deadlifts for HRT? i think i understand not having them when you're working out with a partner due to the safety with spotting/pushing the hellcentric reps and the hack squat works great for that. however, running this solo takes the hellcentric concerns away - wondering if you still advise against it. first two weeks have been brutal - i'm stoked its monday so i can get back on the horse. thanks for all the time you put into this for us and the advice rage...

Shocker3rd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shocker3rd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shocker3rd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shocker3rd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been running this a couple weeks now and wanted to ask if I can still keep partials that aren't as "extreme" as they would be with a partner? I've been able to manage partial reps, then negatives on most exercises without a partner (some obvious ones like bench I ask a fellow gym rat). It's kicking my *** pretty well as is, any comments or suggestions on it would be appreciated.

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sn1ckrs View Post
    Hey, there are no hack squat machines in the gym's that i attend. I was wondering if there were substitute machines or movements i could use for this exercise?! Really excited about starting the program! Thanks!
    A lot of guys go with Smith Machine Squats... Or... Just do squats regular (Non HRT) style...

Originally Posted by ohiodawg75 View Post
    i'm on week 3 of HRT and have a quick question regarding leg/back day - is there a specific reason against squats/deadlifts for HRT? i think i understand not having them when you're working out with a partner due to the safety with spotting/pushing the hellcentric reps and the hack squat works great for that. however, running this solo takes the hellcentric concerns away - wondering if you still advise against it. first two weeks have been brutal - i'm stoked its monday so i can get back on the horse. thanks for all the time you put into this for us and the advice rage...
    Uhm... Guess it would depend on your control, during the slow 5 count on the negative... Especially with Deadlift, that's a lot of prolonged pressure on the low back...

Originally Posted by Shocker3rd View Post
    I've been running this a couple weeks now and wanted to ask if I can still keep partials that aren't as "extreme" as they would be with a partner? I've been able to manage partial reps, then negatives on most exercises without a partner (some obvious ones like bench I ask a fellow gym rat). It's kicking my *** pretty well as is, any comments or suggestions on it would be appreciated.
    I guess, again, it would depend on how well you maintain control on the 5-count negative...

drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im starting hrt solo next week. And im really excited after everything I've read. One concern though. I've read about the science behind it and i know it works. And im not doubting the method at all. But is just one exercise for biceps a week enough?
    Slowly discovering my dream body one rep at a time.

Originally Posted by drumlinetenor5 View Post
    Im starting hrt solo next week. And im really excited after everything I've read. One concern though. I've read about the science behind it and i know it works. And im not doubting the method at all. But is just one exercise for biceps a week enough?
    Not sure where one exercise for bi's came from...???

Here's a sample of my typical solo HRT Arm day:

My Solo HRT Arm Day...
    (Working Sets...)
    Tri's
    Hammer Strength Dip Apparatus 2x8 + 6 at 280...
    Dumbbell Triceps Ext 2 x 8 + 6 (80 lb DB...)
    Triceps pushdowns 2 x 8 + 6 at stack...

Bi's
    Incline Dumbbell curls 2 x 8 + 6 (45 lb DBs...)
    Hammer Curls 2 x 8 + 6 (45 lb DBs...)
    Preacher curls 2 x 8 + 8 (80 lbs...)

drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It came from the hrt videos. I was going to use their same exercises and split. I may just add a set of preacher curls. I was just curious why they only have barbell curls. Reverse curls. And wrist curls for arms

It came from the hrt videos. I was going to use their same exercises and split. I may just add a set of preacher curls. I was just curious why they only have barbell curls. Reverse curls. And wrist curls for arms
    I'll have to sift back through those videos... If that's the case, I'll get Rage to put out an updated/more accurate one...

Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    I'll have to sift back through those videos... If that's the case, I'll get Rage to put out an updated/more accurate one...
    Ok thank you. I appreciate it

Ok thank you. I appreciate it
    No problemo...

spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys,

Started my solo HRT last week - really killed me but has helped with motivation.

I have a couple of questions on some of the exercises:
    - Rear delt raise: I struggle with the 5 second neg's, keeping the weight up - should I drop weight after my normal set of 8 to be able to fully complete the negs?
    - Reverse hack squat: My gym doesn't have this machine - people have suggested deadlifts, however I bulged a disc in my lower back not long ago and these types of exercises irritate the injury. Is there another exercise I could substitute for this?

Thankyou in advance.
    Danny

Originally Posted by spankerdan View Post
    Hey guys,

Started my solo HRT last week - really killed me but has helped with motivation.

I have a couple of questions on some of the exercises:
    - Rear delt raise: I struggle with the 5 second neg's, keeping the weight up - should I drop weight after my normal set of 8 to be able to fully complete the negs?
    - Reverse hack squat: My gym doesn't have this machine - people have suggested deadlifts, however I bulged a disc in my lower back not long ago and these types of exercises irritate the injury. Is there another exercise I could substitute for this?

Thankyou in advance.
    Danny
    As far as the 5 second negs, stopping and changing the weight is counter productive, as you want to keep continued tension on the muscle... Stopping to change weight allows the muscle to "reset"/rest... Best suggestion is to drop the weight to one that you can manage the 5 second negative with... Remember... Check your ego at the door... As far as alternative exercises to deadlifts and reverse hacks, do reverse hypers bother it...???

spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    As far as the 5 second negs, stopping and changing the weight is counter productive, as you want to keep continued tension on the muscle... Stopping to change weight allows the muscle to "reset"/rest... Best suggestion is to drop the weight to one that you can manage the 5 second negative with... Remember... Check your ego at the door... As far as alternative exercises to deadlifts and reverse hacks, do reverse hypers bother it...???
    Thanks for the reply - I will drop weight during my next session and see if I have better results.

It is session 2 today so will try the reverse hypers and see how I go with that.

Thanks again