NikoTurbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodybuilding with type 1 Diabetes...

Let's start by giving a little background about myself....I'm 27 years old, 5'11", weight 180 lbs and have about 18% body fat. My goal is to be about 185-190 lbs and around 10% BF. I figure I need to hit about 195-200 lbs before I focus on getting cut.

I was diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes last May, exactly 1 year ago. That month i had dropped from my avg weight of 180 lbs to 151 lbs (30 lbs in 1 month!!), this was the result of my body not producing any insulin and it started breaking down my muscle and fat cells for energy. That was the first day I took insulin and I've worked my way back since then. Adjusting to this new lifestyle was very difficult at first but now I look at it with a total positive outlook and think of it as a blessing in disguise.

I'm looking for a diet that helps take advantage of my situation. I've been "bulking" for the last few months and have been gaining weight gradually, because of the Diabetes I would rather not do anything too drastic and shock my body like just load up on carbs or use weight gainers. I can say that I'm very pleased with the results so far. Now the problem is that I seem to be hitting a plateau, because I have been about 180 for a couple months.

I did a little reasearch on the CHA diet and was wondering if that could be ideal diet for someone like me. I've also decided to switch up my routine and just started Derek's 12 week bulking program. All in all it isn't very different from what i was doing before except that my only cardio was basketball once a week and softball on the weekends. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I'll try to post up some pics and update my profile. Thank you for your time.

-Nick

Registered User therealdycegame's Avatar
    therealdycegame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Intermittent Fasting (IF) aka Lean Gains

nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) nereuswolf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    type 1 for 16 (ish) years. In no way is diabetes an obstacle.

I follow 5/3/1 with a hypertrophy focus and do leangains. Shoot me a pm if you have a question/motivation issue.