Ghaxnavi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best program for me?

Hi guys,

A newbie here, wasnt sure where to start this topic! Mods, please move it to the respective section if I am in the wrong place.

Well I'll just say I need help! Been a smoker/tobacco addict for like 10 years. I am 30 and I realize I am in a real bad shape as compared to what I was back in my 20s. The thing is I live in Pakistan and people here are not much concerned about health or fitness or any such thing. So I just need a little help about how to start off. I am 6 feet but only 147lbs and that makes me look skinny. My goal is to gain some weight, like reaching 170+ atleast. I got some supplements to start off with, ON Whey Protein, Jack3d and APN Super Creatine, thats it for now. Have not exercised in like years! So please suggest me some beginner program to suit my situation.

Thank You!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The simple beginners routine in the sticky threads.

Eat enough high protein food to gain about 2-3lbs a month and make progressive strength gains on your program = you will acquire mass.

Count calories and total grams of protein per day.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The simple beginners routine in the sticky threads.

Eat enough high protein food to gain about 2-3lbs a month and make progressive strength gains on your program = you will acquire mass.

Count calories and total grams of protein per day.
    Thanks for the reply. Can you help me out about how much calorie or protein I should take per day as per my stats?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can use this:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

This looks very complex but is useful knowledge. In reality, you start at a calorie point and check your progress every 2 weeks or so - and adjust as required.

I say start at 3000 calories and 150g of protein per day.

Can I combine the 3 supplements I mentioned in post 1 together? Like mix them together in a blender or should I take them separately?

Originally Posted by Ghaxnavi View Post
    Can I combine the 3 supplements I mentioned in post 1 together? Like mix them together in a blender or should I take them separately?
    It doesn't matter.

Protein powder is needed if you don't get enough from food. Take it with food

creatine is OK but it doesn't matter when you take it

jacked in not needed at all. You take it pre workout

Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anzy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It doesn't matter.

Protein powder is needed if you don't get enough from food. Take it with food

creatine is OK but it doesn't matter when you take it

jacked in not needed at all. You take it pre workout
    This. You are putting way too much emphasis on your supps and not enough on your diet.

Quitting smoking is the toughest thing I ever did (started at 10, quit at 28), but it has been the greatest catalyst for me shifting to a healthy life. More impact than losing 60 pounds, eating well or exercising...because none of those would have happened if I still smoked. its much harder to reconcile putting in so much effort to improve yourself while you ate doing something you know is harmful. (Cognitive dissonance is fascinating)

Good programs include starting strength and allpros beginning program found in the stickies above.

Good luck brother...you can do it!