Perfectstrike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Inspire M4 Home Gym, is it any good?

Hey there, I know of someone that is selling a Marcy Inspire M4 Home gym. The thing is, it would be my first home gym and I don't know much about it. I was wondering if you guys could let me know if the machine is outdated, or if it is any good. How does it compare to some current home gyms in the $400 range? I tried searching youtube and google for more info, but there doesn't seem to be much information on this machine. The guy wants $400 for it.

Sorry, can't post links or pictures because of my low post count.
    Last edited by Perfectstrike; 05-15-2012 at 04:18 PM.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My first home gym was a Marcy product similar to the M4.

Within the first week or two of ownership I snapped the press arm off the machine due to substandard manufacturing.

Once that was repaired, I managed to max out the weight stack on most exercises within a very short time. This caused my progres to stall and my interest to wane.

The best thing I ever did was off load that POS to an unsuspecting noob.

I would advise you to avoid any Marcy product, especially the all-in-one home gym machines, such as the M4.

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldn't spend that kind of money on that kind of a machine. For that kind of money you could get a power rack, bench and olympic set. Just my two cents.

I've got a buddy who bought a similar Marcy machine. He's happy with it, but I guarantee you he only uses it quarterly.

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you have a link or picture? The M4 is a high end gym by "Inspire" I would think this is not the correct name or wrong maker because I cannot see the name being that close. the M4 is a $4,000 home gym and very well made. I sold them for years.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    Do you have a link or picture? The M4 is a high end gym by "Inspire" I would think this is not the correct name or wrong maker because I cannot see the name being that close. the M4 is a $4,000 home gym and very well made. I sold them for years.
    I cant post pictures or links because of my post count, but, it is in fact an Inspire M4, it's the burgundy colored one. He wants $400 for it. It retails for $4000 like you said, well, at least it did about 4 years ago when it came out. Should I take it?
    Last edited by Perfectstrike; 05-15-2012 at 03:11 PM.

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Perfectstrike View Post
    I cant post pictures or links because of my post count, but, it is in fact an Inspire M4, it's the burgundy colored one. He wants $400 for it. It retails for $4000 like you said, well, at least it did about 4 years ago when it came out. Should I take it?
    Yeh that is NOT Marcy. inspire is a high end company and very good gyms. on the resale side I would give someone 300 outright or 4-500 on trade if in great condition then sell for 700plus so I would say good deal.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

Yeh that is NOT Marcy. inspire is a high end company and very good gyms. on the resale side I would give someone 300 outright or 4-500 on trade if in great condition then sell for 700plus so I would say good deal.
    Yeah he's asking for $400 but I asked him if he would take anything less and he told me to offer. He says it is in perfect condition. He is moving so he can't take it with him. The only problem is it's an hour away from where I live and I don't have any way to bring it to my house, plus the thing weighs close to 700 lbs.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yeah he's asking for $400 but I asked him if he would take anything less and he told me to offer. He says it is in perfect condition. He is moving so he can't take it with him. The only problem is it's an hour away from where I live and I don't have any way to bring it to my house, plus the thing weighs close to 700 lbs.
    Do you know if it actually says "Marcy" anywhere on the equipment?

Can you attach a photo or post a broken link? (New users can't inline photos, but they can attach them to a post. It's also common for new forum uses to post links with the http missing or some such.)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Do you know if it actually says "Marcy" anywhere on the equipment?

Can you attach a photo or post a broken link? (New users can't inline photos, but they can attach them to a post. It's also common for new forum uses to post links with the http missing or some such.)
    It doesn't say Marcy on it, the only reason I put Marcy on the title is because I thought that's what it was called because I searched "Inspire M4" on google and a youtube video popped up named "Marcy Inspire M4" and it is the same machine.

EDIT: I attached 2 pictures of the machine.
    Attached Images

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It doesn't say Marcy on it, the only reason I put Marcy on the title is because I thought that's what it was called because I searched "Inspire M4" on google and a youtube video popped up named "Marcy Inspire M4" and it is the same machine.

I've embedded the photos for you.

It does indeed look like a pretty good home gym style machine. Looks like it's in good condition too.

Seems like a pretty good deal, so long as you've considered the alternatives. (Power rack, bench, bar, and plates.)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

yep. that is a real M4. Inspire's are BMWs in the gym world. around here we use a company that specializes in moving equipment. maybe see if there are any around you.

yep. that is a real M4. Inspire's are BMWs in the gym world. around here we use a company that specializes in moving equipment. maybe see if there are any around you.
    What is your location?

What is your location?
    Beaumont CA. The machine is in Murrieta CA.

Beaumont CA. The machine is in Murrieta CA.
    Ouch. I am not sure of the Fitness companies out there. It used to be Busybody. Look up the specialty fitness companies around you and call them. Most have a company they can give you a number too or can do themselves. It will run a few hundred so buddies with a good back and truck are a deal for lunch and a $50!

ROBERTO4X4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you finally buy it? do you know anyone selling on like that?

Hey there, I know of someone that is selling a Marcy Inspire M4 Home gym. The thing is, it would be my first home gym and I don't know much about it. I was wondering if you guys could let me know if the machine is outdated, or if it is any good. How does it compare to some current home gyms in the $400 range? I tried searching youtube and google for more info, but there doesn't seem to be much information on this machine. The guy wants $400 for it.

Sorry, can't post links or pictures because of my low post count.

ROBERTO4X4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you help me get one of those with the leg press also?

Ouch. I am not sure of the Fitness companies out there. It used to be Busybody. Look up the specialty fitness companies around you and call them. Most have a company they can give you a number too or can do themselves. It will run a few hundred so buddies with a good back and truck are a deal for lunch and a $50!