Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bakks will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Don't feel any different on Keto?

I've been doing Keto for 5 weeks now. I've lost 5 kg (11 lbs), show positive readings on Ketostix and am very strict with my diet, so it seems to be working. That said, apart from the first week, I don't really feel any different. No lethargy, strength has barely (if at all) decreased, no funny tastes in my mouth or smell. No change in energy during carb up, just a little bit of bloating which goes away.

Do others experience this? Does this mean carbs aren't really the best thing for my body given I can get by happily enough without them?

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do others experience this? Does this mean carbs aren't really the best thing for my body given I can get by happily enough without them?
    I don't get negative side effects in keto at all, not even while inducing. As far as "not the best thing".... they may not be bad for some people, others they are. If you're happy without them, stick to it.

Good job on the diet.

Pending Reconditioning toast.tm's Avatar
    toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm the same, no negative side effects.

If I eat carbs I put on weight so fast my pants rip like the incredible hulk! jk. But on Keto I lose fat fast.. on week 3, lost 11 lbs (including water).

I read a few articles that said could be to do with blood type/body type that I react better to meat and veg etc but I don't know how much truth is in that (Mesomorph and O-).

If I exercise I have no problem shedding fat and gaining muscle (IF I excersize!) = Mesomorph

I read this article and as sceptical as I am alot of it rings true... the bit about stress and avoiding wheat!

http://www.dadamo.com/bloodtype_O.htm

Out of interest what blood type are you 2?

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by toast.tm View Post
    I read this article and as sceptical as I am alot of it rings true... the bit about stress and avoiding wheat!
    http://www.dadamo.com/bloodtype_O.htm
    Out of interest what blood type are you 2?
    I read the type O section, it's extremely interesting, but I'm EXTREMELY skeptical. Regardless, I find it very interesting, so I'll go back and read the other types. For the record, I am Opos and mostly Endo.
    Last edited by Blackjack68; 11-15-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Pending Reconditioning toast.tm's Avatar
    toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toast.tm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh yeah I agree very interesting but VERY hard to prove. A lot of it rings true with me but a whole blood type is a massive generalization.

Additionally, my Girlfriend is blood type AB which is rare and found mainly in Asia (she's not asian) and is the newest blood type. She can eat carbs like there is no tomorrow and she doesn’t put on weight where as if I look at pasta I bloat up!

Like you said... interesting!

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dr. D'Adamo is entertaining but I'll play along. I thrive on keto and am an O. Personally, the research I've read doesn't convince me this means much.
    No side effects for many of us is common. It does not mean that carbs are bad for your body. However, an extreme attitude toward dieting is. It's fine to do keto and it's fine to praise the fat loss, but there are reasons carbs are beneficial to an active person.