Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1439
    swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lexagon View Post
    Bike has a new desert tube in it. Time to get my tude on! Will report back later with updates.

BIKE TUDE!!!

Have fun
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bike tude...lulz
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    BIKE TUDE!!!
    Have fun
    Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    Bike tude...lulz
    Originally Posted by Boomer29 View Post
    Happy riding!
    Eh hem, well after I had to wait 1.5 hrs for the bike shop to open so I could get the FRONT tire fixed, I did get a nice long ride in. Yes, the front tire ended up having a thorn in it too. Ugh I'll be happy when the trees lose all their leaves and the thorns vacate my bike tires LOL Man was I annoyed when I got on my bike this AM though .. ugh! Instead I decided to make the best of it, got a coffee, bagel sand and read the paper at a local place. Then got a new tube @ the bike shop, hit the trail. Still in a good mood. Although I have yet to venture to the grocery store ... LOL Oh well necessary evil!

1hr ~ 11mi
    Current Log:
    Promera - Gluta Blast and Amino-Tren with derickb - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164803381

*TEAM AMAZON* - Sisterhood of Iron

Past Logs:
    Promera Sports - Gluta-Tren & Con-Cret - Swoosh & Lex - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146265453

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Loling at Bike Tude! But oh no, sry to hear about the other tire problem now jeez. This reminds me of that episode of I Shouldn't Be Alive where the guy packs 3 spare tires in his truck since he's driving over rough desert terrain, ends up using all the spares, and then gets a couple more flats. Runs the car on deflated tires, overheats, car catches fire, BOOM - guy and his little kid stuck out in desert hundreds of miles from anyone. That show makes me bertstare all the time.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Loling at Bike Tude! But oh no, sry to hear about the other tire problem now jeez. This reminds me of that episode of I Shouldn't Be Alive where the guy packs 3 spare tires in his truck since he's driving over rough desert terrain, ends up using all the spares, and then gets a couple more flats. Runs the car on deflated tires, overheats, car catches fire, BOOM - guy and his little kid stuck out in desert hundreds of miles from anyone. That show makes me bertstare all the time.
    Ahhhhhh ~ that's like one of my all-time fears....being stuck in a broken down car in no-man's land in the middle of the desert. Granted, I'm never driving in no-man's land in the middle of the desert, but I must have had a dream about it once or something, cause it freaks me out!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ahhhhhh ~ that's like one of my all-time fears....being stuck in a broken down car in no-man's land in the middle of the desert. Granted, I'm never driving in no-man's land in the middle of the desert, but I must have had a dream about it once or something, cause it freaks me out!
    It's ok Ham, I knew I should have had him check the other one on Sat. It was par for the course for the weekend. Srs Just one of those weekends. But now I have desert ready tubes, I'm good to go. And I went!

Minor rant/blah blah blah/you get the idea.
    So brief overview:
    Sat - sat @ mechanics -
    Mech: We're working on your wiper motor will only take a few. Uhh yeah motors not working.
    Me: Srs, ugh ok figured as much don't worry about it.
    Mech: Wait motor works, but there's a problem.
    Me: Of course
    Mech: Come see this. You need a new wiper bracket.
    Me: Ok well can you just order it.
    Mech: Well it'll be cheaper if you get one and bring it in.
    Me: Fine, I'll figure it out, can you fix the AC
    *30 mins later*
    Mech: AC works.
    Me: Whatcha mean it works? You sure?
    Mech: Uhh yup, see (turns on AC ... blowing out ice cold air)
    Me: *all sorts of ham rage going on in my head* Ugh, ok thanks. How much do I owe you?
    So yeah, after almost 4.5 hrs at the Mechanics ... I still have busted windshield wipers (yay for the dry season in the desert) and apparently my AC was just f'ing with me all week and works just fine and has all week. Grrrr! Was not a happy camper. So then, I went to get the bike fixed and that went well and cheaper than expected. However did not have them check the front tire (fast fwd to Sunday - needed a new front tube too). Bought a bike rack finally. Got installed, got home, took off car. Damn thing won't come apart now. Oh well. Not like it NEEDS to, but it would have been nice to get it to lay flat!

Yesterday:
    Got my ride in, but wasn't feeling the off road portion so I stuck to the bike path. Wasn't nearly as long as I had wanted either, but I'll work on that for this weekend. Decided to go to the grocery store, managed to get out with plenty of foods for not too bad. Enough meat to last a couple weeks. Prepped food ALL afternoon! Threw some chicken thighs (yeah I know not the best choice, but it was cheaper - Lex is budgeted for a few weeks) in the crockpot over night. My watermelon wasn't as sweet as I wanted it, but its still good. Then I was LAZY all afternoon! ALLLLLL evening actually. Went to bed kinda early.

Today: Woke-up late. One of the only times I'm glad that my roommates sound like a herd of elephants and don't know how to close doors quietly. Apparently my phone battery took a crap. Woke up to a dead phone and it wouldn't charge. Thankfully I have some spares so I swapped it out. Got up quickly, chugged my "pre" and booked it to the gym. Which I will post in a minute. Wasn't impressed, wasn't feeling it. Gah!

PS. I did get my Con-cret Minis in the mail AND the tub of Beta-Cret that I had ordered. That made the Lex VERY happy! I haven't taken a pic yet, but I am going to. I just need to order some more Con and Gluta. Will have to figure that out soon!
    Current Log:
    Promera - Gluta Blast and Amino-Tren with derickb - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164803381

Past Logs:
    Promera Sports - Gluta-Tren & Con-Cret - Swoosh & Lex - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146265453

Picking up the pieces newbeginning828's Avatar
    newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ohhh my gosh! What a weekend! Sorry to hear about all those mishaps ugh!
    Don't worry the biking will come back to you & you'll be back in love again!

YAY!!! For Con-Cret minis & Beta!!
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews
    **TEAM AMAZON** Sisterhood of Iron

My Building Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139809523

Summer Lifting w/Promera! (COMPLETED)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146024643

Blah .. blah and more blah! Ugh!

Pre: 1 scoop Beta-Cret Pineapple + 2 scoops Con-Cret Pineapple + 1 scoop Gluta-Tren Orange (aka. Pineapple Orange Dream)
    Intra: 3 scoops RP w/ 32oz H2O + 24 oz H2O

SL - B

Squats*:
    5 x 65
    5 x 75
    5 x 85
    5 x 100 *PR
    5 x 100 *PR
    5 x 95
    5 x 95

OHP:
    Still nothing here, I'm going to have to throw some RC exercises in I think.

DLs**:
    5 x 95
    5 x 115
    5 x 135 *PR - Big wheels!

* Squats - so I was excited to get back into my regular routine. The light reps were feeling pretty decent. Got up in the weights and just went for the 100 (goal for today). First set was pretty decent. Second set just didn't feel right. Something felt off. I have no idea what (maybe just mental). So I dropped back down to 95 and those felt much better. Then after the second set of 95's my shoulder felt like it was on fire (probably from how I was holding the bar), I dunno so I stopped one short. I didn't "fail" the squats they just felt off. Think I might stay at 95 for another workout. See if I can workout whatever that was.
    ** DL's felt really good. Hit the big wheels FINALLY! YAY! Awesome PR right there. Fuarking heavy though. WOW! My hands are still a little sore. Definitely going to need to work on grip if I plan on going much higher!

So yeah, wasn't feeling it this AM. I have no idea what was wrong. Maybe that I got woken up abruptly and an hr later than I had planned, stupid phone alarm. I still made it to the gym with plenty of time, but I think it just threw me off. Wasn't feeling the squats. My shoulder started to burn. So yeah. The DLs felt awesome and my legs are def fatigued, I can tell just sitting here. Which is good! We'll see how Wed & Fri go. I definitely need to start throwing in some RC exercises. I'll have to see what I can manage.

Sad News: I have 2-3 more servings on Con-Cret left and maybe a little more of Gluta. Definitely loving the products. So much that I've already gotta a big tub on Beta. I will be ordering Con and Gluta soon as well!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OMG Lex Congrats!!!!!! Woohoooo you've broken into the big girl plates!!!!

I second sticking with 95 on squats until they feel right. There's no use in moving forward if you didn't feel good about them. I did that plenty of times. It's no biggie.

Yea, throw some RC rehab stuff in there instead of the OHP. It'll also help give you some rest in between the squats and DL. It's pretty tough throwing those back to back.

I.love.promera <3
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews

My Building Journal:

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hitting PRs on a workout where you weren't feeling it? lexagon = badazz

Nice work

Originally Posted by newbeginning828 View Post
    Ohhh my gosh! What a weekend! Sorry to hear about all those mishaps ugh!
    Don't worry the biking will come back to you & you'll be back in love again!

YAY!!! For Con-Cret minis & Beta!!
    Typical day in the life of Lex ... BUT I did not let the bike ruin my weekend. I made do. Went to the coffee shop. Read the newspaper and waited patiently. I know it will come back. I think I was just annoyed and it was hot!

OMG Lex Congrats!!!!!! Woohoooo you've broken into the big girl plates!!!!

I second sticking with 95 on squats until they feel right. There's no use in moving forward if you didn't feel good about them. I did that plenty of times. It's no biggie.

Yea, throw some RC rehab stuff in there instead of the OHP. It'll also help give you some rest in between the squats and DL. It's pretty tough throwing those back to back.

I.love.promera <3
    I'm perfectly fine staying at 95 for a little bit. I'm not worried about that. I don't see it as a stall, because I can push heavier, I just need to get my form back. That's more important.

And YAY for big girl plates. Those might stay the same next week too. Heavy carp right there! Sheesh!

Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    Hitting PRs on a workout where you weren't feeling it? lexagon = badazz

Nice work
    Thanks mmom! Go big or go home right?
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

In other slightly more upbeat news:

Home to CT in 12 days
    Hiking in Denver in 53 days*

*Planned a nice 5 day weekend in Denver with a friend to go hiking, relaxing, and gtfo outta here for a while. Flights were wicked cheap which is awesome. I'm really excited. I've only been out to CO for a wedding and we were literally there for 1 night, yeah crazy. Anyway, hiking, outdoors, fresh air, you know the good stuff.

After that I'm pretty much on travel hold through the holidays. They don't let us take time off for a certain period of time, which is stupid, but anyway. Had to make one last trip before Xmas!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeahhhh Lex, way to unleash your inner HAM RAGE!!! Big wheels, nice job girl! Those squats can be tricky, good idea moving back to 95 to get more comfortable before forging on, definitely don't wanna throw too much weight on that one.

Holy shat at the whole car thing, man I hate when I wait around for something like that and nothing actually gets accomplished. How the hell does that happen where the ac is just jacked up for a week? BRB switch on dashboard for ac is broken, actual ac works fine?

Vacay in Denver sounds awesome.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Oh wow a Denver trip too! That will be soo awesome
    I hear it's absolutely gorgeous out there! You're going to have a blast!

My Building Journal:

Yeahhhh Lex, way to unleash your inner HAM RAGE!!! Big wheels, nice job girl! Those squats can be tricky, good idea moving back to 95 to get more comfortable before forging on, definitely don't wanna throw too much weight on that one.
    Exactly!! I have no problem sticking with something until the form is correct. Would hate to get this far and then do something stupid. Squats are weird at higher weights. Everything goes fine them BOOM weight!
    Holy shat at the whole car thing, man I hate when I wait around for something like that and nothing actually gets accomplished. How the hell does that happen where the ac is just jacked up for a week? BRB switch on dashboard for ac is broken, actual ac works fine?
    No the AC worked fine when he turned it on. They didn't even touch it! I was like grrrrr, arrrrgh. Listen here. And I reexplained it, the front desk lady reexplained it. The little man was like ...uhh it works! I just walked off. But I guess it's good that it's working. 30 days will be just long enough for me not to need it anymore .. haha!

Vacay in Denver sounds awesome.
    Oh wow a Denver trip too! That will be soo awesome
    I hear it's absolutely gorgeous out there! You're going to have a blast!
    So excited. I need a good getaway to the mtns. I haven't been hiking in forever! I need some peace and quiet and pretty scenery!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

I ended up taking my bike out after work for a 6.8 mi ~32 min ride. Dunno why but I just had to get out and get some exercise in. Felt great!

My tude is KILLING me though. HAHA!

Nothing going on today so far. Although I did make a really awesome sundried tomato, feta, bacon, egg white omelete! Best breakfast ever! Plus some vanilla caramel protein coffee! Feels like a weekend. Only I'm sitting here starring at my computer screen at work. Haha!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

I ended up taking my bike out after work for a 6.8 mi ~32 min ride. Dunno why but I just had to get out and get some exercise in. Felt great!

My tude is KILLING me though. HAHA!

Nothing going on today so far. Although I did make a really awesome sundried tomato, feta, bacon, egg white omelete! Best breakfast ever! Plus some vanilla caramel protein coffee! Feels like a weekend. Only I'm sitting here starring at my computer screen at work. Haha!
    Wooohooo yay for a good ride!
    LOL tho on the tude

Your omelet sounds so yummy! Hope today is a good one Lex!

My Building Journal:

Wooohooo yay for a good ride!
    LOL tho on the tude

Your omelet sounds so yummy! Hope today is a good one Lex!
    Sounded better than my azz hurts ... lol It only hurts when I'm on the bike though. Which is great!

So far today is going well.
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Sounded better than my azz hurts ... lol It only hurts when I'm on the bike though. Which is great!

So far today is going well.
    LMAO that just made my whole day!
    Current PRs:

LMAO that just made my whole day!
    My job here is done!

So I was feeling adventurous for dinner tonight. Since it's an off night, laundry is going. Had some defrosted ground chicken. I made up a new dinner! Awesome!

Ground chicken meatballs w/ red & green bell peppers, Mrs Dash Tomato Basil Garlic, & some jalapenos, stuffed with goat cheese.
    Served over sauteed red & green peppers & carrots, with a little balsamic on top! I was a little skeptical at first, but they turned out amazing!

This is what you get when you use what's in the fridge. Thought about wrapping them in bacon, but that would have taken too long to cook. Lex was hungry! Pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Plus the goat cheese was fresh from the farmer's market - that stuff is awesome!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

My job here is done!

So I was feeling adventurous for dinner tonight. Since it's an off night, laundry is going. Had some defrosted ground chicken. I made up a new dinner! Awesome!

Ground chicken meatballs w/ red & green bell peppers, Mrs Dash Tomato Basil Garlic, & some jalapenos, stuffed with goat cheese.
    Served over sauteed red & green peppers & carrots, with a little balsamic on top! I was a little skeptical at first, but they turned out amazing!

This is what you get when you use what's in the fridge. Thought about wrapping them in bacon, but that would have taken too long to cook. Lex was hungry! Pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Plus the goat cheese was fresh from the farmer's market - that stuff is awesome!

Wow, Lex! You're a woman of many talents! Seriously! You know, a Bed & Breakfast for bodybuilders isn't a bad idea! Nice protein packed meals, an awesome gym, and a foam roller in every room

Those meatballs look yummerz!! I love balsamic!

Wow, Lex! You're a woman of many talents! Seriously! You know, a Bed & Breakfast for bodybuilders isn't a bad idea! Nice protein packed meals, an awesome gym, and a foam roller in every room

Those meatballs look yummerz!! I love balsamic!
    Truth be told there was a time when a friend and I almost bought a bed and breakfast on Cape Cod.

I would actually love to do something like that, but probably in the mtns, where there's plenty of hiking
    Have I mentioned that I love to cook ... LOVE ... esp for other people. Even when I'm visiting them. Haha! Sounds like my kinda B&B - I'm thinking the Amazons would never leave

Balsamic is my new staple ingredient. Works so well for EVERYTHING.
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

mmmmmK... I'm definitely going to Lex's yuuummmm!

My Building Journal:

Truth be told there was a time when a friend and I almost bought a bed and breakfast on Cape Cod.

I would actually love to do something like that, but probably in the mtns, where there's plenty of hiking
    Have I mentioned that I love to cook ... LOVE ... esp for other people. Even when I'm visiting them. Haha! Sounds like my kinda B&B - I'm thinking the Amazons would never leave

Balsamic is my new staple ingredient. Works so well for EVERYTHING.
    Wow...a B&B in Cape Cod would be sweet! I love to cook and bake! I don't do it that often anymore, but I actually went to a small cooking school in New Orleans and learned to make Creole and Cajun food, and years ago, my famous Strawberry Pie won a blue ribbon! My hope is to one day run an organic co-op farm and teach people how to cook with fresh produce. I recently read a story about a co-op farmer who bought an old school bus, gutted the interior, and built bins to hold the vegetables. Then he would drive his "produce bus" into the inner city so people unable to get to his farm could still have access to freshly picked organic produce......so cool

Wow...a B&B in Cape Cod would be sweet! I love to cook and bake! I don't do it that often anymore, but I actually went to a small cooking school in New Orleans and learned to make Creole and Cajun food, and years ago, my famous Strawberry Pie won a blue ribbon! My hope is to one day run an organic co-op farm and teach people how to cook with fresh produce. I recently read a story about a co-op farmer who bought an old school bus, gutted the interior, and built bins to hold the vegetables. Then he would drive his "produce bus" into the inner city so people unable to get to his farm could still have access to freshly picked organic produce......so cool
    That would be awesome. Boston had a really cool community garden over near Fenway Park. It was kinda fun to walk around and see everyone's individual plots in the middle of the city. Well at the time I was living on the Cape so that seemed like a good place to look. Obviously it never happened. That was oh about 8-9 years ago.

Creole/Cajun not something I have branched into just yet. Started doing a little Indian. I've really been doing mostly baking the past few years. But I'd like to get back into cooking, it's just boring cooking for one ... LOL

You would be the awesomest co-op farm owner! School Bus and all! Swoosh could have a food truck too!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

That would be awesome. Boston had a really cool community garden over near Fenway Park. It was kinda fun to walk around and see everyone's individual plots in the middle of the city. Well at the time I was living on the Cape so that seemed like a good place to look. Obviously it never happened. That was oh about 8-9 years ago.

Creole/Cajun not something I have branched into just yet. Started doing a little Indian. I've really been doing mostly baking the past few years. But I'd like to get back into cooking, it's just boring cooking for one ... LOL

You would be the awesomest co-op farm owner! School Bus and all! Swoosh could have a food truck too!
    It's not that I'm a big fan of Creole/Cajun cooking, I just happened to be traveling to New Orleans and my friends and I thought it would be fun to take some classes while we were there. It was actually really interesting because they taught us the history behind the food and the difference between cajun and creole. New Orleans is a very interesting city. Nothing like it anywhere. I was there pre-Katrina, so I'm sure it's a bit different now.

Portland is known for it's food carts! They are all over the downtown area and the food is amazing...and so cheap! You can get authentic, ethnic food for like $2 to $5! Crazy!! They are so popular, there is even an organized tour people can take of the food carts!! You'll have to come visit one of these days! You would love it here!

Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    HOLY MOLY. yummo.
    Squat 275 Bench 175 Deadlift 285 Snatch 140 Clean & Jerk 185

Ongoing Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145852813

"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat the luckier you get." Ray Kroc

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yummmmm on that dinner you threw together Lex - I'm definitely going to have to share that there concoction with the hubs as a protein packed healthy jalapeno popper. Good stuff!

I agree about the balsamic - we've been using it on everything lately. We got a bunch of veggies from the farmer's market like zucchini, carrots, cucumbers, and asparagus, chopped them, and put them in a big bag of some balsamiq and OO. Easy to grab a serving for lunch or dinner and it's good raw or cooked. Delish!

It's not that I'm a big fan of Creole/Cajun cooking, I just happened to be traveling to New Orleans and my friends and I thought it would be fun to take some classes while we were there. It was actually really interesting because they taught us the history behind the food and the difference between cajun and creole. New Orleans is a very interesting city. Nothing like it anywhere. I was there pre-Katrina, so I'm sure it's a bit different now.
    I'm actually not a huge fan either - sometimes on a rare occassion it's good. But there are other things I would rather cook.

Portland is known for it's food carts! They are all over the downtown area and the food is amazing...and so cheap! You can get authentic, ethnic food for like $2 to $5! Crazy!! They are so popular, there is even an organized tour people can take of the food carts!! You'll have to come visit one of these days! You would love it here!
    On my list of places to visit, srs! Have always wanted to go there. Just haven't made it up there yet. I typically have to save a lot of my travel to see the parents. However, now that I've realized that I can just take long weekends, I might have to head up there soon.

Originally Posted by Boomer29 View Post
    HOLY MOLY. yummo.
    Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    Yummmmm on that dinner you threw together Lex - I'm definitely going to have to share that there concoction with the hubs as a protein packed healthy jalapeno popper. Good stuff!
    There's no exact recipe, but here's what I used.
    8oz Ground Chicken
    1/4 green bell pepper
    1/4 red bell pepper
    1/2 jalapeno
    Mrs Dash Tomato, Basil, Garlic
    Mrs Dash Extra Spicy
    1-2 oz Goat Cheese (or cheese of choice)

Dice Jalapeno and bell peppers as small as you can. Mix all together in a bowl. Grab a little bit of the mixture, make a ball push a little dent in it, stuff with cheese, cover cheese. There you have it. I heated up a little coconut oil and just pan fried them a little. Some healthy fats in there. You can pretty much do anything with them. I think I made 5-6 (can't remember).
    I used 1/2 of each bell pepper total. Just sauteed the other 1/4 of each with some sliced carrots. Threw the meatballs on top. Drizzled a little balsamic. There you have it. Low carb and FILLING!

I imagine you could bake them as well if you wanted. And you can definitely use an entire lb of ground chicken. I just didn't want that many haha. But they would also make a great snack as well. Ground chicken is so versatile. Sorta like ground turkey, but I like the chicken better (it's just more pricey here).

I agree about the balsamic - we've been using it on everything lately. We got a bunch of veggies from the farmer's market like zucchini, carrots, cucumbers, and asparagus, chopped them, and put them in a big bag of some balsamiq and OO. Easy to grab a serving for lunch or dinner and it's good raw or cooked. Delish!
    That's basically what I do with everything as well. Balsamic on everything LOL
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Reading that just made me super hungry. I'm definitely trying that out soon - the hubs isn't a fan of goat cheese unfortunately so I'm going to have to come up with an alternative. Maybe a LF cream cheese or something. I have been throwing FF feta in a lot of stuff lately but I don't know that I'd want to use feta with these. I can't wait to try - thanks for providing the deets!