Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000)
    In the final legs of Phase 3 (LiveFit) - 2 more weeks - and they are all circuits, we'll see how this goes! Started off with a double workout! Cause I'm crazy like that!

Day 71 & 72 - Mon 12/26 - Legs & Back/Abs

Barbell Deadlift 3x20 - 50, 60(2)
    Bentover Barbell Row 3x20 - 30(3)
    Wide-grip Lat Pulldown 3x20 - 75, 70, 17x70
    Seated Cable Rows 3x20 - 60(3)
    Captains Chair 3x20 - 20
    Air Bike 3x20 - 20

Barbell Squat 3-4x30 - 30(1), 20x30lbs (2)
    Leg Press 3-4x30 - 90lbs
    Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift 3-4x30 - 80lbs**
    Calf Press on Leg Press 3-4x30 - 180(3)

I know I got a great workout, I could feel my heart rate up and I was sweating like a fool. But there's something about circuits that I'm just not crazy about. My legs were sore after, but not like I'm used to. I'm going to stick with it through the 2 weeks, but I don't feel as jazzed about these workouts. I know I'm burning some major cals though. I did the Back circuit first and that one rocked! Def felt those DL's, and everything else for that matter. Dropped Squats to 20 reps to work on form, and it worked! By the end of round 3 on each workout I was dead! Felt good though. Def burned off any excess crap I ate. Which on another note was strange, I weighed in almost 1lb lighter after eating all that crap. Who knows!
    Current Log:
    Promera - Gluta Blast and Amino-Tren with derickb - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164803381

*TEAM AMAZON* - Sisterhood of Iron

Past Logs:
    Promera Sports - Gluta-Tren & Con-Cret - Swoosh & Lex - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146265453

lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000)
    So I got some great workouts in before and after the holidays. I weighed in Sat AM, and was a little heavier than I had expected but I also did a lot of weights all week so I wasn't too shocked. I was more surprised when I weighed in yesterday AM and was about 1lb lighter. Ummm, I ate like crap on Xmas Day! Although I didn't actually eat a lot in volume. Just nibbled here and there, mostly homemade gingerbread cookies - they were so good! But I did manage to moderate when I ate and didn't feel deprived. And ate as much healthy as I could when I wasn't at other people's houses. Having a 4 day weekend really helped!

And I managed to get some battle scars from my DL's on Monday! Made me laugh. Then I thought of Ham, then I laughed some more. Mine weren't bleeding, but I forgot how much open skin STINGS!! Yowza! It's all good though and well worth it for the PR's and everything.

Bought myself NROL4W on Friday when we went to B&N, YAY! Can't wait to start reading it, probably will @ lunch today since I only have 1.5 weeks left of LiveFit. I'll prob take a week off inbetween, or at least just do some lighter workouts. Work on upping weights a little. It'll be nice to be done with a 12-week though, first time I've made it that far on my own.

Went and looked @ new shoes yesterday, saw some that I like, but I'm so bad about buying new things (for myself that is). I love spending money on other people. Thinking of getting some indoor soccer shoes, loved my OG Sambas! Still looking into getting a small DB set for the house just in case. Would be nice to workout outside when it warms up a little (probably next month for us LOL).

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
    Current Log:
    Promera - Gluta Blast and Amino-Tren with derickb - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164803381

Past Logs:
    Promera Sports - Gluta-Tren & Con-Cret - Swoosh & Lex - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146265453

beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sounds like u had a good holiday weekend food in moderation and getting in the workouts

btw wtg on (just about) finishing out your current program ... it's great feeling to get it done and make progress
    "Ego kills spirit. Find confidence in your own progress not in comparison to others." - me waking up 11/21/15

"It does not have to be a perfect workout; just be consistent" - my obi-wan

On my way to new levels in 2017
    347 / 209 / DL 408 / 964.5 / Wilks 429.013

"Stay humble" - B*itch that lifts > me

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not crazy about circuits either. If it's not set up like do one heavy lift, rest for 3min, do another heavy lift, etc, I'm kinda out of my comfort zone, lol.

That recent workout looks good, can't go wrong with squats and DL! Lol at battle scars.

And as for the food that's all you can do - get some healthy stuff in there when you can and eat the bad stuff in moderation.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think we are swapping workouts! I am going to try the LiveFit Trainer after I complete NROLFW. I hope we are both happy with our decisions! I really think that you are going to like NROLFW. I was really happy with the composition changes in my body from that program. I am really looking forward to doing the original NROL, but I want to try something totally different in between!
    Happy New Year!
    I'm gonna be one to watch in 2012. Just wait and see.

Dirty Old Uncle Sam Likes His Women Fit and Trim
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136368681&page=1

*Team Amazon* Sisterhood of Iron

Day 73 - Tues 12/27 - Chest/Calves/Cardio

Barbell Bench Press 3x20 - 18x75lbs, 15x75, 18x70lbs
    Incline Dumbbell Press 3x20 - 17.5lbs (20, 15, 20)
    Dumbbell Flyes 3x20 - 17.5lbs (20, 18, 12)
    Dips 3x20 - 6, 3, 0 (couldn't get these right today)
    Standing Calf Raises 3x20 - 180lbs (20, 20, 20), 200 (20)
    Seated Calf Raises 3x20 - 50 (20, 20)*
    *seated calf was being used so I did an extra heavy set of standing

100 Pushup Challenge - Week 3 Day 1 (Lvl 1)
    10, 12, 7, 7, 9 (using bench)
    10 singles (barely)

Cardio:
    14:05 mins - 11 mins @ 4.5mph, 3 mins @ 3.0
    I was trying to push for 20 mins, but I got a sharp pain between my shoulder blades so I called it, still a good run, since I haven't done that in a LONG time.

Over-all a good workout. I'm still not really liking these circuits, but I know they are needed for this phase. I'm going to stick with it, but still push myself as much as I can. Still feeling some pretty good pumps when I'm done so I'm doing something right. I just prefer focusing on one thing (or supersets). Tonight's Bi's/Tri's should be a great workout, definitely looking forward to those pumps/burn!

Started reading New Rules of Lifting 4 Women - I think that's going to be my next program when this is over (Jan 6th)! But I'm not excited about being done at all
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Originally Posted by beatha View Post
    sounds like u had a good holiday weekend food in moderation and getting in the workouts

btw wtg on (just about) finishing out your current program ... it's great feeling to get it done and make progress
    The summer holidays are harder around here, lots of BBQs and yummy food. Winter isn't so bad, just the tamales LOL I'm glad that I pushed myself through the whole thing. Honestly I figured I would quit, but I started having fun .... wha? whosaidthat? And there's plenty of progress to show for it!

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    I'm not crazy about circuits either. If it's not set up like do one heavy lift, rest for 3min, do another heavy lift, etc, I'm kinda out of my comfort zone, lol.

That recent workout looks good, can't go wrong with squats and DL! Lol at battle scars.

And as for the food that's all you can do - get some healthy stuff in there when you can and eat the bad stuff in moderation.
    That's where I'm at, I feel a little lost I guess. Like hey I wasn't done with those yet, but I have to move on LOL Weird. Yup, I hit my shin the first time and went wow, hey sandpaper, wtf! Then laughed at myself.

Originally Posted by cynthia_waz View Post
    I think we are swapping workouts! I am going to try the LiveFit Trainer after I complete NROLFW. I hope we are both happy with our decisions! I really think that you are going to like NROLFW. I was really happy with the composition changes in my body from that program. I am really looking forward to doing the original NROL, but I want to try something totally different in between!
    Happy New Year!
    If you are going to do LiveFit let me know. I have an excel set-up that has everything in there, for the most part. If you want a little starting point. It's easy enough to edit too. I just made it basic for me. Got tired of going to the website every time I needed something. And I'll warn you it's going to seem really easy to start so push yourself.

Happy New Year!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Picking up the pieces newbeginning828's Avatar
    newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lexagon View Post
    Day 73 - Tues 12/27 - Chest/Calves/Cardio

Barbell Bench Press 3x20 - 18x75lbs, 15x75, 18x70lbs
    Incline Dumbbell Press 3x20 - 17.5lbs (20, 15, 20)
    Dumbbell Flyes 3x20 - 17.5lbs (20, 18, 12)
    Dips 3x20 - 6, 3, 0 (couldn't get these right today)
    Standing Calf Raises 3x20 - 180lbs (20, 20, 20), 200 (20)
    Seated Calf Raises 3x20 - 50 (20, 20)*
    *seated calf was being used so I did an extra heavy set of standing

100 Pushup Challenge - Week 3 Day 1 (Lvl 1)
    10, 12, 7, 7, 9 (using bench)
    10 singles (barely)

Cardio:
    14:05 mins - 11 mins @ 4.5mph, 3 mins @ 3.0
    I was trying to push for 20 mins, but I got a sharp pain between my shoulder blades so I called it, still a good run, since I haven't done that in a LONG time.

Over-all a good workout. I'm still not really liking these circuits, but I know they are needed for this phase. I'm going to stick with it, but still push myself as much as I can. Still feeling some pretty good pumps when I'm done so I'm doing something right. I just prefer focusing on one thing (or supersets). Tonight's Bi's/Tri's should be a great workout, definitely looking forward to those pumps/burn!

Started reading New Rules of Lifting 4 Women - I think that's going to be my next program when this is over (Jan 6th)! But I'm not excited about being done at all
    Wow great workouts! Congrats on almost completing your program! That must be such a great feeling. I can't wait til I can say that I finished a complete program!!
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews
    **TEAM AMAZON** Sisterhood of Iron

My Building Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139809523

Summer Lifting w/Promera! (COMPLETED)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146024643

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are going to do LiveFit let me know. I have an excel set-up that has everything in there, for the most part. If you want a little starting point. It's easy enough to edit too. I just made it basic for me. Got tired of going to the website every time I needed something. And I'll warn you it's going to seem really easy to start so push yourself.

Happy New Year!
    ummmmm...... i wasted some government tax dollars and printed the entire workout out while i was at work. i'm going to set it up in those clear page protector sleeve thingies in a 3 ring binder where i put otherworkouts that i've gotten from the interwebz

but thanks!

No biggie, just offering. I could have done that here too, but I was too lazy and I wanted something small.
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Day 74 - Wed 12/28 - Arms/Abs

Barbell Curls 3x20 - 35, 30(2) (ez bar)
    Lying Tricep Press 3x20 - 12.5(2), 10
    DB Alternate Bicep Curl 3x20 - 7x20 10x17.5, 19x17.5, 8x17.5 10x15
    Standing DB Tricep Ext 3x20 - 19x20, 19x17.5, 19x17.5
    Bench Dips 3x20 - 9, 6, 10
    Jackknife Sit-up 3x20 - 20
    Crunches 3x20 - 20

Added Tricep Pushdown (Rope) - 3x20 - 45lbs

Another circuit workout. This one was a little better, but as tough as they are I'm still not feeling quite as motivated about them. I think it's just because I get in the mindset to do a certain exercise and I have to switch it up right after that. They def get the heart rate going though and I'm dropping weight. Slowly starting to see a tiny bit of definition in my arms Added the extra rope ext because I didn't feel like my tris were getting a good workout and I def feel it with that exercise.
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Day 75 - Thurs 12/29 - Shoulders/Calves

DB Shoulder Press 3x20 - 15lbs
    Seated Bent-Over Delt Raise 3x20 - 15x7.5(3)
    Front DB Raise 3x20 - 12.5lbs
    Standing Upright Row 3x20 - 12.5lbs
    Calf Press on Leg Press 3x20 - 110, 170, 90 (wtf), 170
    Standing Calf Raises - 180lbs

Cardio 20-30 mins of choice - 6 min jog @ 3.5

This one I actually felt, my shoulders have been a little tight lately, which means I need to work on my form from previous days. But I got a lot of shoulder burn, finally! They were definitely tired by the time I got to calves, nice little break. Calves were feeling it pretty good too. In all my concentration (we'll go w/ that) I didn't realize that someone had reset the calf press w/ only 90lbs and was wondering why they felt really easy. So when I double checked *facepalm* I decided to do an extra 20 @ the higher weight, then move to the standing, yeah those wrecked me, definitely good burn and pump! I dropped the shoulder weights down a little, to make sure I was getting all the reps in. Still hurt, and was harder than I expected. And the cardio was weak, I know, but I was hoping my back/foot were feeling better and they weren't. Maybe this weekend. These were my last weights for the week so I just have 1 day of cardio. Felt better about this workout though. Hopefully that new attitude will carry in to next week (my last week!!)

On another note I decided to weigh in tonight, just to see what was up. I've always weighed in around 5pm with all my gym clothes on (sneakers included), but decided to kick the sneakers off and see what damage they do. Well they add about 1.2 lbs, and I'm .8 away from my first mini goal (out of the 190's), which means I should probably weigh in the AM Now I need to find a good scale *sigh*, but I was happy to see such a low number! And it was a high carb day!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

And on a totally unrelated note to working out ... as of today I have officially made it an entire work year w/out calling out. Woohoo! Don't worry knocked on plenty of wood! Means bonus time for me. Let me tell you it's really hard not calling out when you wake up and just don't want to go in. But I did.

I only asked my boss for one favor the whole year and that was only because we got stuck on the Grapevine in a snowstorm in non-moving traffic (left LA area around 6p) and didn't get home til 4am. He was understanding about that. Nobody wants me to come into work on that little sleep. Everything else has been scheduled time off. I realized that by pushing myself to do this as well, that you can accrue a lot of time off if you don't call in all the time LOL So yay for that! Not that I'm going on vacation, but it's there if I want to!

Woohoo!

Kinda wish I was working out tonight instead of taking a night off. I could so use this energy @ the gym. Hmmm, maybe I'll start next week early and take a day off tomorrow instead. Haven't killed my legs since Monday. We'll see how the day goes.
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Day 75 - Thurs 12/29 - Shoulders/Calves

DB Shoulder Press 3x20 - 15lbs
    Seated Bent-Over Delt Raise 3x20 - 15x7.5(3)
    Front DB Raise 3x20 - 12.5lbs
    Calf Press on Leg Press 3x20 - 110, 170, 90 (wtf), 170
    Standing Calf Raises - 180lbs

Cardio 20-30 mins of choice - 6 min jog @ 3.5

This one I actually felt, my shoulders have been a little tight lately, which means I need to work on my form from previous days. But I got a lot of shoulder burn, finally! They were definitely tired by the time I got to calves, nice little break. Calves were feeling it pretty good too. In all my concentration (we'll go w/ that) I didn't realize that someone had reset the calf press w/ only 90lbs and was wondering why they felt really easy. So when I double checked *facepalm* I decided to do an extra 20 @ the higher weight, then move to the standing, yeah those wrecked me, definitely good burn and pump! I dropped the shoulder weights down a little, to make sure I was getting all the reps in. Still hurt, and was harder than I expected. And the cardio was weak, I know, but I was hoping my back/foot were feeling better and they weren't. Maybe this weekend. These were my last weights for the week so I just have 1 day of cardio. Felt better about this workout though. Hopefully that new attitude will carry in to next week (my last week!!)

On another note I decided to weigh in tonight, just to see what was up. I've always weighed in around 5pm with all my gym clothes on (sneakers included), but decided to kick the sneakers off and see what damage they do. Well they add about 1.2 lbs, and I'm .8 away from my first mini goal (out of the 190's), which means I should probably weigh in the AM Now I need to find a good scale *sigh*, but I was happy to see such a low number! And it was a high carb day!
    Great workout! Way to go on the weightloss and being so close to meeting one of your goals!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    And on a totally unrelated note to working out ... as of today I have officially made it an entire work year w/out calling out. Woohoo! Don't worry knocked on plenty of wood! Means bonus time for me. Let me tell you it's really hard not calling out when you wake up and just don't want to go in. But I did.

I only asked my boss for one favor the whole year and that was only because we got stuck on the Grapevine in a snowstorm in non-moving traffic (left LA area around 6p) and didn't get home til 4am. He was understanding about that. Nobody wants me to come into work on that little sleep. Everything else has been scheduled time off. I realized that by pushing myself to do this as well, that you can accrue a lot of time off if you don't call in all the time LOL So yay for that! Not that I'm going on vacation, but it's there if I want to!

Woohoo!

Kinda wish I was working out tonight instead of taking a night off. I could so use this energy @ the gym. Hmmm, maybe I'll start next week early and take a day off tomorrow instead. Haven't killed my legs since Monday. We'll see how the day goes.
    Wwooooohooooo! Awesome on the 1 year anniversary!
    Here's to another year of awesomeness!!!
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews

My Building Journal:

beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good workout burning out calf and shoulders esp with a back/foot problem

Wtg with the wt drop. Like the AM scale checks better; less variation from one checkin to the next .... no shoes on the home scale kick that extra pound away
    Last edited by beatha; 12-30-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    "Ego kills spirit. Find confidence in your own progress not in comparison to others." - me waking up 11/21/15

"It does not have to be a perfect workout; just be consistent" - my obi-wan

On my way to new levels in 2017
    347 / 209 / DL 408 / 964.5 / Wilks 429.013

"Stay humble" - B*itch that lifts > me

morning weigh-ins only. even if you weigh yourself at the same time each evening, how much you eat or drink that day could really affect that number.

in the morning, get out of bed, go straight to bathroom, go potty, get nekkid and get on scale. in that order. then you may have breakfast.
    only accurate weight. i started doing this after i had my daughter. when i took her to her pedi appointments, we even had to take her diaper off of her to get HER weight only. no clothes, no yucky diaper. just her.
    and when i went to breastfeeding support group meetings, i would weigh her when we first got there, feed her, and then weigh her again.

learned alot about weight after having a kiddo. lol.

I need to get a scale for home, that's in the very near future. YAY for XMas gift cards!

Weekend Update:
    I had an odd weekend, I skipped out on gym Friday night - I just wasn't feeling it. Was exhausted and had a raging headache (stupid computer making me stare at it all day!). Figured that a night of rest would be great and then I could go in for a quick workout Sat AM as planned. I stopped on the way home to pick up the other halfs Xmas gift (yes belated, but well worth it).

Ended up helping clean the house and having a really late dinner.

Sat we were supposed to go shopping down south (LA area), but long story short we didn't go. So I just slept all day instead, I was in a huge funk, so was everyone in the house. Ended up cleaning and rearranging the bedroom and moving the cats "stuff" into another room. They were not happy LOL We almost didn't go out as planned that night, but thankfully "someone" got their head out of their ass and we went to familys house for NYE. None of us drank, but we played some games and watched 1 too many episodes of Big Bang Theory. In fact, at one point I looked @ the clock and went oh hey Happy New Year. It was like 12:01am, we completely missed ALL of it. LOL

Sun went shopping down south - spent all day walking around. Nothing for me, I was feeling really cruddy. Either my allergies are getting bad again or I'm actually getting sick. Didn't eat very well either (barely ate at all), I was just along for the ride. Finally got home around 7:30p and I had to go grocery shopping - good thing it was just a couple things. Put some chicken in the crockpot for this am and passed out around 11:30p after watching Cupcake Wars, Iron Chef and Guy vs Rachel.

Wasn't the best weekend, but I guess it wasn't the worst. The rest was definitely needed, I feel a lot more refreshed and I have some azz kicking to do in the gym this week. I'm finishing up LiveFit, then I think I might take a week off (or just do some basic workouts - see if I can find my 1RM) and then start up NROL4W. I'm about 1/2 way through it so I still have some reading to do.

Happy 2012 Amazons!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Day 78 & 79 - Mon 1/2/11 - Legs & Back/Abs (circuits)

Barbell Deadlift 3x20 - 80lbs
    Bentover Barbell Row 3x20 - 30lbs
    Wide-grip Lat Pulldown 3x20 - 60lbs
    Hyperextensions 3x20 - 20
    Captains Chair 3x20 - 20
    Air Bike 3x20 - 20

Barbell Squat 3x20 - 30lbs
    Leg Press 3x20 - 130lbs
    Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift 3x20 - 80lbs
    Calf Press on Leg Press 3x20 - 180(3)

100 Push-up Challenge
    21 singles (using bench)

Felt great to get in a good workout, and since I had the whole afternoon off I figured that a double would be a good way to spend it. These circuits are killer, but not too bad. Made it through the whole workout without missing any reps, which was cool. The gym was ridiculously busy even for an afternoon (although a lot of people get the 2nd off). I can tell that my muscles are getting stronger as things didn't seem quite as hard. Either that or taking those 3 days off really gave me some good rest - either way!!

On a side note: i got an early workout in yesterday because my boss kicked me out of the office LOL. He said we were too slow and there was no reason for me to be there ... ummm OK! Actually he asked if I wanted to go home early, who's gonna say no?!? Gym was super busy, but I made it through ok!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

last week of LiveFit! w00t! I think it's great timing too. Now you'll basically, kinda sorta, get to start a new workout in the new year. Did you plan it that way initially?
    I was almost terrified of hitting the gym yesterday. I was afraid of the crowd. LuLz. But I was still so exhausted from our long drive from PA to IL in the snow, over night, that I just opted to skip the gym and just do the push-up challenge.

Happy Training!

Captains Chair 3x20 - 20
    Air Bike 3x20 - 20

Leg Press 3x20 - 130lbs

100 Push-up Challenge
    21 singles (using bench)

Felt great to get in a good workout, and since I had the whole afternoon off I figured that a double would be a good way to spend it. These circuits are killer, but not too bad. Made it through the whole workout without missing any reps, which was cool. The gym was ridiculously busy even for an afternoon (although a lot of people get the 2nd off). I can tell that my muscles are getting stronger as things didn't seem quite as hard. Either that or taking those 3 days off really gave me some good rest - either way!!

On a side note: i got an early workout in yesterday because my boss kicked me out of the office LOL. He said we were too slow and there was no reason for me to be there ... ummm OK! Actually he asked if I wanted to go home early, who's gonna say no?!? Gym was super busy, but I made it through ok!
    Yaaaay! Congrats on almost finishing your current program!! I bet that feels amazing!

I'd take a week off, that way your body completely recovesr before you start up a whole new program. And take care of yourself so you don't end up sickie like me.. ugh.

My Building Journal:

questions about the LiveFit Trainer - on average, how long have your workouts taken you? some of the workouts seem really short/quick, others seem long. As long as it gets the job done, I don't care too much, but shorter sounds better if I am going to be in the gym more often.
    Also, I know according to her plan, the first phase is supposed to be NO cardio - did you do any regardless?
    Since I have my APFT coming up in 3 months, I need to start running again, and will not be able to stop for the 4 weeks of that Phase.

Originally Posted by newbeginning828 View Post
    Yaaaay! Congrats on almost finishing your current program!! I bet that feels amazing!

I'd take a week off, that way your body completely recovesr before you start up a whole new program. And take care of yourself so you don't end up sickie like me.. ugh.
    It feels great actually. First real program I've stuck with for the full 12 weeks! I plan on taking a week off, to recoup and rest a little.

Originally Posted by cynthia_waz View Post
    questions about the LiveFit Trainer - on average, how long have your workouts taken you? some of the workouts seem really short/quick, others seem long. As long as it gets the job done, I don't care too much, but shorter sounds better if I am going to be in the gym more often.
    Also, I know according to her plan, the first phase is supposed to be NO cardio - did you do any regardless?
    Since I have my APFT coming up in 3 months, I need to start running again, and will not be able to stop for the 4 weeks of that Phase.
    I hate cardio so I was glad to not have to do it. But I know a lot of other girls have done 2-3 days of it. In phase I you start out with really quick workouts anywhere from 30-45 mins max. And you have 3 scheduled days off so you could easily add in cardio. It shouldn't change much. Phase II is closer to 1-1.5 hrs and phase 3 is close to that as well. Really depends on how busy your gym is.

So don't be shocked when you start Phase I if it feels short. It is!! LOL
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Captains Chair 3x20 - 20
    Air Bike 3x20 - 20

Leg Press 3x20 - 130lbs

100 Push-up Challenge
    21 singles (using bench)

Nice workout, embrace the Superwoman strength gains, lol. You're doing it right if it's getting easier as you go. Yeah I would definately do a deload for a week, highly beneficial. Also GYM > WORK any day!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Also GYM > WORK any day!
    That's a given. I jokingly tried to get out early yesterday too, didn't happen. that's ok i got a little midday workout when our new product samples came in.
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Tues 1/3 - Chest/Calves

Barbell Bench Press 3x20 - 15x75**, 70, 65
    Incline Dumbbell Press 3x20 - 17.5(2), 15
    Dumbbell Flyes 3x20 - 15x17.5, 20x15, 20x12.5
    Dips 3x20 - 8, 8, 7
    Standing Calf Raises 3x20 - 180(2), 200
    Calf Press on Leg Press 3x20 - 110, 130(2)

100 Push-Up Challenge - Week 3 Day 1 Lvl 2
    12, 17, 13, 13, 17 (using bench)
    Didn't do singles, these were bad enough - ouch!

Great workout. **PR on bench press of 75, those were HARD, barely got #15 out, but I had to do it. At least I know I'm getting stronger. The rest of the workout was great too. Weights are going up on some things. And I lowered a couple to feel the burn a little better. Esp love the calf burn @ the end!
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

Wed 1/4 - Arms/Abs

Barbell Curls 3x20 - 30(2), 40(2)
    Lying Tricep Press 3x20 - 12.5lbs
    DB Alternate Bicep Curl 3x20 - 17.5lbs
    Standing DB Tricep Ext 3x20 - 17.5lbs
    Bench Dips 3x20 - 9, 8, 8
    Crunches 3x20 - 20

Tricep Pushdown (Rope) 3x15 - 45lbs, 7x60 8x45 (2)

Great workout! Pushed my arms pretty hard and definitely feeling those abs. The 30lb ez bar was gone when I went to do my last circuit of curls so I upp'd it to 40 hoping to get out even 12 and I muscled through all 20. Arms felt huge after that, and very tired! Felt the burn on those ropes too .. phew! But gotta love that feeling.
    On a side note, both yesterday and today I got a little pre-workout warm up at work. Since we got in new product and we did a lot of box moving and unpacking/setting up. Doesn't happen very often since I have a desk job, but was nice. We have another day of organizing tomorrow too.
    Current Log:

Past Logs:

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wed 1/4 - Arms/Abs

Crunches 3x20 - 20

Great workout! Pushed my arms pretty hard and definitely feeling those abs. The 30lb ez bar was gone when I went to do my last circuit of curls so I upp'd it to 40 hoping to get out even 12 and I muscled through all 20. Arms felt huge after that, and very tired! Felt the burn on those ropes too .. phew! But gotta love that feeling.
    On a side note, both yesterday and today I got a little pre-workout warm up at work. Since we got in new product and we did a lot of box moving and unpacking/setting up. Doesn't happen very often since I have a desk job, but was nice. We have another day of organizing tomorrow too.
    Great workout! Way to go on the muscle-ing through.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Wed 1/4 - Arms/Abs

Crunches 3x20 - 20

Ahhh.. gotta love those muscle pumps

My Building Journal:

Thurs 1/5 - Shoulders - Final day of LiveFit!!

DB Shoulder Press 3x20 - 17.5lbs
    Seated Bent-over Delt Raise 3x20 - 7.5lbs
    Front DB Raise 3x20 - 12.5lbs, 7.5(2)
    Calf Press on Leg Press 3x20 - 150, 170(2)
    Standing Calf Raise 3x20 - 200lbs

Workout went really well. Decided to do some cardio as a farewell to LiveFit - ended up being a great choice. Rocked it pretty good after I switched to a playlist I haven't used in almost 2 yrs. Shoulders were BURNING at the end of the workout, but felt good. Pushed as hard as I could See ya later LiveFit, off for a week!
    Current Log:

Past Logs: