petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I am peaking... please help

Hey guys, I am peaking (stopped growing muscle). I get fat from the calories and not building muscle like I did a month ago.

I think I am going to try to switch to "more complex" exercises, like alternating full upper-body and full lower-body workouts everyday; with one day every week. The rationale is to get my testosterone levels higher by hitting more muscle groups. Does anyone know if this a sane approach?

Please help me with your suggestions. I just started lifting 3-4 months ago. Boy I miss the days when I could tell I was growing bigger every week.

Thanks

P.S. I used to do

Mon- triceps/chest
    Tue- biceps/back
    wed- neck/shoulders
    thur- legs
    fri- Hiit cardio
    Recently, the only time I feel like the calories are making my muscles grow is when I do Hiit cardio. Hence my testosterone theory.
    Last edited by petitemofo; 11-05-2011 at 03:25 AM.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by petitemofo View Post
    The rationale is to get my testosterone levels higher by hitting more muscle groups. Does anyone know if this a sane approach?

Hence my testosterone theory.
    It is not.

Do not base your training on testosterone. It is a waste of time.

Initial gains are always gonna slow down. You are no exception.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try listening to dub step

typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    take 2 weeks off. continue to eat and do light (i said light) cardio once or twice a week. go back to the gym when you're body is refreshed. muscle grows during rest.
    . t y p h o n .

Nice shoes brah, they match your shirt.....

"Steal from yourselves, it never felt so good" - Chevelle

Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imp64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your not going to peak at anything after 3-4 months. Are you eating enough bananas?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    It is not.

Do not base your training on testosterone. It is a waste of time.

Initial gains are always gonna slow down. You are no exception.
    ^ This x1000.

OP, your theory is retarded at best.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Squats/Deads + Milk?

petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well, I tried it anyway.... and you guys were right. total upper body workouts 3 times a week didn't work well for muscle growth (for me at least).

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, I tried it anyway.... and you guys were right. total upper body workouts 3 times a week didn't work well for muscle growth (for me at least).
    Why make a thread if you're not going to listen to people's advice? You say you're getting fat but not building muscle, what's your protein intake like? And how fast are you gaining weight? How are you progressing in your exercises?
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mahousesn View Post
    Squats/Deads + Milk?
    = fat??

Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    Why make a thread if you're not going to listen to people's advice? You say you're getting fat but not building muscle, what's your protein intake like? And how fast are you gaining weight? How are you progressing in your exercises?
    Are you blaming me for experimenting with my body?

I am going to do Weights Mon (chest/tri),Wed (lats/bicep),Fri (shoulders)... and do HIIT cardio Tue,Th, Sat. So I just added HIIT on what would have been my rest days. I think that will help me maintain my fat while I bulk up with muscle mass.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you blaming me for experimenting with my body?
    You have no idea how gay that sounds.

But why make a thread if you're not going to listen to people's advice? Can you answer that question?

I am going to do Weights Mon (chest/tri),Wed (lats/bicep),Fri (shoulders)... and do HIIT cardio Tue,Th, Sat. So I just added HIIT on what would have been my rest days. I think that will help me maintain my fat while I bulk up with muscle mass.
    Except you're not training legs.

If you gain muscle, you will gain fat as well. HIIT will not prevent this.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

I am revisiting the threads I created, and this one seems to be the most ridiculous. I have learned a lot in the few months I have been lifting, and I now know I am not peaking.

For beginners (like I once was) who read this: DONT SWEAT THE DETAILS. JUST EAT ENOUGH OF ALL THE MACRO/MICRONUTRIENTS. USE EXERCISES WITH COMPLEX MOVEMENTS. GET ENOUGH SLEEP. AND IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING STRENGTH GAINS EVERY TIME YOU VISIT THE GYM, YOU NEED MORE REST.

mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dryeyes View Post
    = fat??
    = gaining?
    420/285/535