Thread: Small Calves

zombrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Small Calves

I currently do

1) Seated Calf Raises - 3 Sets of 12,10,8 reps @ 20kgs,40kgs,65kgs

2) Standing Calf Raises - 3 Sets of 12,10,8 reps @ max of 172.5kgs

I see that my calf has grown, but I really need my calf to grow about double its size.

I train my calves twice a week.

What can I do to improve the size of my calves?

thanx & regards
    Zombrax.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Small Calves

Originally posted by zombrax
    I train my calves twice a week.
    Do you train everything else twice per week?
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Re: Re: Small Calves

Originally posted by MiloMan
    Do you train everything else twice per week?
    nope, just calves mate.. I read from one of the mags that because calves are a muscle group that recovers fast and some bodybuilders train them twice a week.

regards
    Zombrax.

TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

calves

I noticed with calves you either have them or you don't, Some people are blessed with good calf genetics while others are not. A good rule of thumb is if you been training calves for 2 years without the results you want, Then your never going to get them. As for training calves, seated and standing like you are doing right now are all you will need.
    Everybody wants to become a bodybuilder, But don't no one want to lift any heavy ass weights!

Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arnold*Strong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: calves

Originally posted by TheeApprentice
    I noticed with calves you either have them or you don't, Some people are blessed with good calf genetics while others are not. A good rule of thumb is if you been training calves for 2 years without the results you want, Then your never going to get them. As for training calves, seated and standing like you are doing right now are all you will need.
    Thats a defeated attitude. Zombrax i would say first give them there own day to train them. Add more sets add more reps do different exercise like donkey calf rasies, one leg standing calf rasies reverse calf rasies theres plenty of different exercises. Thats the dumbest thing ive heard if youve been training your calfs for two years and dont have great results youll never have them. If you train with an attitude like that you will never have great calfs or a great body at that. You need to have a positive attitude to succed.
    Arnold used to train with Franco Columbu at Gold's Gym in Venice, CA. In the early 70's, Venice had more than its fair share of hippies, flower children and other worldly characters. Most of these people had seen it all, or thought they had. As the story goes, some of these people used to wander into the gym, and seeing Arnold, stood there staring at him in astonishment. When this happened, Arnold would shout to Franco, asking him to hand him another five thousand pound plate.
    "My body is like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't think about it, I just have it."

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun."

Arnold Schwarzenegger

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go really super heavy on calve raises , and do donkey raises, do them till you can't raise an inch off your feet. That'll work.

JesseCuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whatever you do, don't get calf implants.

I saw a program on Discovery Health about plastic surgery screw-ups. It featured one guy who had very small calves and had endured 'chicken leg' comments for most of his life.

Thing is in many other ways he had it made: he was good-looking, worked in Japan as an investor, and had a bunch of girlfriends.

However, from what I could see he was a bit of a dick as well. He wore gold medallions, sprayed cologne all over his chest, spent more on his hair than I do on my entire wardrobe (which isn't hard, I admit) and seemed a bit of a ***ola in some respects.

Anyway, I can't help feeling sorry for him. He had calf implants inserted and woke up in the night a few weeks later with intense pain. He took some pills but they didn't help.

He ended up having to have the implants removed, but that wasn't all. The silicone had effected his calf muscles and they were starting to die and essentially rot away. He had eight or nine operations to slice away the dead tissue, and almost had to have them amputated.

However the muscle stopped dying, but now his calves look like a supermodel's forearms. He has to wear prosthetics and steel support to walk upright and take a good number of pills a day.

Not that I even think for a second you'd consider it. That horror story just popped into my head when I read this thread, and I don't consider myself qualified enough to offer advice on exercises.

I would like to ask how much protein you're taking in per day though.
    Space for rent.

Sexy17Calves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking FEEL EM BURNING

ALL I CAN SAY, IS I WSA BLESSED WITH CALVES, I DONT HAVE TO WORK THEM OUT TO KEEP THEM CUT, THEY ARE JUST THERE, THEN AGAIN, SOME MEN DONT LIKE WOMEN WITH BIG CALVES. SO THATS MY PROBLEM. ANYHOW, I LIKE MY CALVES AND THATS WHATCOUNTS, ALL I TELL YOU IS TO LIFT HEAVY AND DO LOW REPS TO BUILD, AND DO LIGHT AND LOTS OF REPS TO GET CUT, AND DONT STOP KEEP GOING TILL YOU FEEL THE BURN, BUT DONT HURT YOURSELF OR PULL A CHARLIE HORSE THAT HURTS! LIFT WITH THE FRONT OF YOUR FOOT STRETCH AS YOU COME DOWN, BELIEVE ME, YOULL FEEL IT.
    If it ain't burning, it aint working! Make it burn!

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    incline walks help alot for calves
    biking with the end of your foot on the pedal alone helps

i got better development from those two then i have from training them

other then that i noticed how calves respond better to high reps, like 15 +, still i only do like 3 sets for my calves they are muscles enof for me

TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Hmmm

Arnoldstrong, If you train for 2 years and train very serious and intense and you have not gotten a good set of calves it means your not going to have them, Same as with many people and their biceps peaks. You can alter the mass and make them bigger, But you cannot change the dimensions of them. Plain and simple. Also That was stated directly by dorian yates that if you train seriously for 2 years and don't have good calves then your never gonna have them.
    Everybody wants to become a bodybuilder, But don't no one want to lift any heavy ass weights!

Also

Its easy for you to sit there and say that, But you have to understand something here. If your not a genetic freak blessed with ungodly good genetics you'll never have arms like arnold schwarznegger or ronnie coleman. You can have good arms or chest, Buts its genetics that play the key role to having a great body. You have any idea on how many people i have seen train with poor form and yet they still maintain a fabulous physique?

ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000) ironbuddah is just really nice. (+1000)

bigger calves

If you want bigger calves add bodyweight. When was the last time you saw a fat person with tiny calves? Almost never. Hauling around all that weight day after day builds up strong, thick calves.

If, hypothetically, you weighed 180 lbs with 14" calves, you're never going to weigh 180 lbs with 17" calves. But you could get 17" calves if you took your body up to 210 lbs.
    "As a man sow shall he reap, and I know that talk is cheap." Heathen - Bob Marley

"No chains around my feet but I'm not free, I know I am bound here in captivity." Concrete Jungle - B.M.

Thanx a lot for your replies guys & gals.

My calves have defn grown, I can notice the difference after 8 months of trainig for sure. But this is still the one area that I would like to excel more, in other words a body part that needs to be worked more than the others.

I'm going to go even heavier on the calves. Although its quite heavy at the moment and i do struggle on my last set and do it till i fail which is around the 7-8rep. But I know the rule, the heavier the better for size.

I take about 190grams of protein and I'm 76.8kgs which is 168.96lbs. Body is still getting used to it so, still forcing it heaps. I would like to ideally get this up in the 220-230grams mark.

BTW, I luv a girl with a nice shaped calf Me thinks its sexy along with abs on a gurl.

regards
    Zombrax.