Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rachelcee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Late Night Workouts

So I have a crazy busy schedule right now. And the only time I really have to go to the gym is at night.

I've been hearing how it's unhealthy to go to the gym late nights. Is this true?

ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rachelcee View Post
    So I have a crazy busy schedule right now. And the only time I really have to go to the gym is at night.

I've been hearing how it's unhealthy to go to the gym late nights. Is this true?
    Don't worry about it. It would be much unhealthier to NOT go to the gym.

Even still, I would be interested to know what are the claims for going late at night to the gym being unhealthy. I could take an educated guess and say some disruption to melatonin secretion pattern but the body is very smart and soon adapts to the changes in circadian rhythm. You may have a few days of difficulties falling asleep but soon you adapt to it. I have gone through spells of training in at 1AM every day and after a week I was good to go with such a crazy schedule. Taurine (amino acid) was helpful for falling asleep as well as arriving home and making the rooms dim (I would only switch the corridor light) so as to promote natural sleep.

I would say, really, just go to the gym whenever you can, don't overthink it. It seems as though the whole late night training being unhealthy is a perfect excuse for those who need a cop-out to excuse themselves from moving their fat asses away from the couch.

All the best.

maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd love to know too!
    I usually would rather work out in the am, but sometimes I just can't wake up so I hit the gym around 8pm. The only downside is I cannot fall asleep before 11pm or midnight when I work out in the evening. I'm usually exhausted from my workout but I'm too hyper to fall asleep.

But being unhealthy? I am not sure why, but would love to know for sure!

dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm often at the gym late in the evening - primarily due to long work hours and trying to balance family obligations. The one downside I've noticed is that it can be hard to get to sleep at a reasonable hour on the nights where I workout late. Since I need to be up early in the morning for work (5am) it can cut the number of hours of sleep I get on workout nights. As we all know, rest is really important to muscle growth and development. The upside is that the gym is pretty quiet later in the evening, I don't feel rushed and I generally just really like the vibe there at that time.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, it doesn't make a difference what time you go.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIKKIM13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rachelcee View Post

I've only ever heard that it can mess with your sleeping pattern, but if it works for you then go for it! Personally I love working out at night

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is much unhealthier for you to not to workout than to workout late at night. I have for about 2 years now, workout between 7-11pm. No less or No muscle growth or weight loss problems than anyone who works out in the AM or middle of the day. If you are supplementing correctly than you will be just fine
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HopeSmallwonder View Post
    If you are supplementing correctly than you will be just fine
    This chick is oblivious and doesn't get it!

Negged for pushing supplementation/supplements in almost every post.

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    This chick is oblivious and doesn't get it!

Negged for pushing supplementation/supplements in almost every post.
    Not quite sure what your beef is with her...I just looked through her post history and the only times supplements were mentioned was in a thread that specifically asked about it.

Sometimes supplements (like ZMA) may help with falling asleep better, and it may be part of the equation when training late at night.
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by norinicole View Post
    Not quite sure what your beef is with her...I just looked through her post history and the only times supplements were mentioned was in a thread that specifically asked about it.

Sometimes supplements (like ZMA) may help with falling asleep better, and it may be part of the equation when training late at night.
    Maybe you need to dig deeper.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post781946853

^^That's just one of a several. I can't be bothered with putting more energy into searching for more, but they exist.

tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100)
    ive worked out at night for the past 7 months (sometimes as late as midnight-2am), cant see its done me much harm

i think i prefer night workouts than earlier in the day cause ive eaten most of my cals for the day so have plenty to fuel it

jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say it's the lesser of the two evils between not working out and working out at night. I have a really crazy rotating schedule due to my job so even if I'm working out during the morning, it can be my "night" before I go to sleep. I think most of the problem I have is that I have trouble getting to sleep after getting my heart going.
    ☣ Off Season Preparations ☢

"Baywatch boobs would probably throw off my game. But sometimes they look like fun." -Gabrielle Reece
    ☆ Tattoos, spice, and bruises on ice; that is what derby girls are made of. ✯

"loosing weight" = the weight is loose and will run free, not sure if that's good for the environment though... stray fat everywhere.

tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigergalmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually don't make it to the gym until after 9pm due to my work schedule and having young children. The first few months it really affected my sleep, but it has gotten a lot better. I find that if I feel too revved up, I can take some melatonin (~5mg) and this will help relax me so I can sleep.

I agree with those above that say it's better to go at night than not at all. I think that sometimes I don't have as much energy waiting all day to go, but I feel so much better after I'm there. It helps relieve the stress from the work day.

SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenNolan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    keep workin

AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HopeSmallwonder View Post
    It is much unhealthier for you to not to workout than to workout late at night. I have for about 2 years now, workout between 7-11pm. No less or No muscle growth or weight loss problems than anyone who works out in the AM or middle of the day. If you are supplementing correctly than you will be just fine
    side eyeing this right now...
    Cutting from 175lbs to 135lbs, see my journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133641461

"Ordinary people evade facts, become inconsistent, or systematically defend themselves against the threat of new information relevant to issues [about which they have preconceived ideas]." - Cognitive Psychologist Peter Wason, 1981

Come join me: http://www.********.com/TheWellnessChick