Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiZaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    For abs:

High reps ( 50 ish ) with a 5kg plate behind head

or

Low reps ( 10 -20 ) with 10+kg plate behind head

Both are crunches? or what other exersizes would u recomend, dont hav a decline bench in the gym.

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iLovemyLuxe View Post
    just started dc and was following a modified version of it

A
    Deadlift 5/3/1
    DB row 15 reps rest paused
    Decline bench press 15 reps RP
    Underhand lat pulldown 15 reps RP
    Push press 15 reps RP
    Weighted ab work (rest paused or straight sets)

B
    Squats 5/3/1
    Leg curl OR glute ham raise 15 reps RP
    Tricep movement 20 rep RP
    Bicep curls 20 reps RP
    Weighted oblique work 15 reps RP

Done 3x a week ABA BAB

what are your thoughts on that compared to the original split
    Hi iLovemyLuxe....

When you get use to my coaching style, you be prepared for these question: LOL

Why are using a "modified version" and not the version the author outlined?
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi iLovemyLuxe....

When you get use to my coaching style, you be prepared for these question: LOL

Why are using a "modified version" and not the version the author outlined?
    the person who designed the modified split said that the original was more geared to people using "the juice" therefore, nattys would be at a disadvantage...
    181lb/82.5kg USPA Powerlifter
    475/305/585

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by michael2828 View Post
    hey skip! i appreciate what your doing for everyone its proven to help alot of people, but my question might be a little tough to answer ha, what can i do to keep my headup when im 16 yrs old and my diet/routine is perfect yet i havent gained an oz of muscle in over a year? well this is all because of my T levels, 200 i am going to get on TRT but do you think it will help much since it will help much since my levels will probly never been normal? will i have an easier time putting on muscle mass since right now my levels are lower than the average 85-100 year old male?
    Outline your "perfect" diet for me. Also, tell me how consistent you've been with that diet and for how long. Be honest so I can help you.

I would think that even a 85 to 100 year old male or a 14 year old girl should be able to build at least an ounce of muscle in a year, don't you?
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

the person who designed the modified split said that the original was more geared to people using "the juice" therefore, nattys would be at a disadvantage...
    Tell me what you believe to be the difference between a "juiced" person training program and a "natty" training program.

And, tell me the specific things that we changed to make it more suitable for a "natty."

If you don't know this and just followed the advice of the person who designed it for you, I understand. You should find out if you don't know and always know why you are doing everything you do.

iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tell me what you believe to be the difference between a "juiced" person training program and a "natty" training program.

And, tell me the specific things that we changed to make it more suitable for a "natty."

If you don't know this and just followed the advice of the person who designed it for you, I understand. You should find out if you don't know and always know why you are doing everything you do.
    ugh...idk
    ugh..idk
    alright thanks man
    475/305/585

ugh...idk
    ugh..idk
    alright thanks man
    I'll help you out, iLovemyLuxe....

Generally, a natural bodybuilder needs to:

1. Give himself "more" time to recover each body part from its intense training session.

2. Perform "fewer" exercises and sets per training session.

3. Execute each exercise with "more" precision (less room for error) when stimulating the targeted muscle group for growth.

4. Needs to be "more" consistent with his good habits.

5. Needs to do all of the above for a "longer" period of time.

6. Needs to demonstrate "more" precision with his diet (less room for error), be "more" consistent with his diet, and so so for a "longer" period of time.

Please realize that everything that I mentioned above can also be said for a not-so-genetically gifted bodybuilder versus a bodybuilder who is genetically gifted. It really depends on how a person's body responds to these factors.

Obviously, a juiced bodybuilder can be less precise with all these factors and yield "better" results. Or, they can execute all of the factor extremely well for a long period of time--and achieve AMAZING results.

I put quotations marks (") around the words "more", "fewer", "better", and "longer" because those words really have no specific meaning until they are directly compared to something or someone else SPECIFICALLY.

All natural bodybuilders don't have the exact same conditions and all juiced bodybuilders don't have the same conditions. They all can't be put in "one box." A hard working and dedicated, genetically gifted natural bodybuilder who has been training a long time can close the gap between a juiced bodybuilder who does not works hard, has average to poor genetics, and has not been training very long.

You never want to sell yourself short based on "generalities."

When it all comes down to it, it always comes down to a battle between "You Versus You" anyway.

Train Hard. Think Big.

i feel like i can't stop saying thank you.
    Thank you for clearing things up.
    475/305/585

i feel like i can't stop saying thank you.
    Thank you for clearing things up.
    You got it, brother! I'm glad I can help out.

michael2828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michael2828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michael2828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michael2828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michael2828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michael2828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michael2828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my near perfect diet (well i beleive it should be for me) is my macros to build muscle, 75g fat 225g pro. 385g carbs been consistent with hitting them for 11 months tracking my progress the whole way, i have lost weight and gained bodyfat. I do believe anyone can build muscle but my doctor said the most i can do is hold onto the muscle i have atm with that low of T.

rapid17x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rapid17x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi mkjones1980....

You make perfect sense. I understand what you are asking.

You have a workout plan in place. That's a great start.

You know about how many calories you are eating--and will get more specific by outlining in detail. Another great starting point.

One thing you need to do is be patient while you are figuring everything out. You'll only been working out a very short period of time.

What exactly are your goals? That's important for you to decide upon and information that someone else needs to properly help you.

Are you trying to build as much muscle as humanly possible with a ripped six pack as soon as possible? Or, are you more of a performance athlete working out to become a better basketball player?
    AWW you skipped my questions? =( is there anything wrong with it?

Originally Posted by rapid17x View Post
    Hi. Im 17@ 30% bf and im in the process of some major cutting. But im tired of going to the gym for 2hrs/ day on the kris gethin teen cutting program. its really interfereing with my school and life and i feel really tired and de motivated at the gym. So i just wanted to ask you if you know of any programs where you have seen teens/ men like me (really big at 30% bf percentage) have some real progress. can you please recommed me a program. i dont want to spend must time at the gym (im ok with 1-1.5hrs/day) . i really need your help thank you.

Also people tell me that losing weight is about diet. and the majority of my diet is rice. so will the carbs interfere with my fat loss if i follow my macros. thanks
    You can go here for an assorted of routine that will take you 45 minutes 5 days a week.

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Training Routines

eating mostly rice isn't going to get the job done.

If you want to lose that body fat, what people are telling you is absolutely correct. You must get knowledgeable about eating and execute a plan.

Watch these video and let me know if they are helpful:

Bodybuilding: The Best Bodybuilding Diet

Click Here to Watch Video

Bodybuilding: How to Get Ripped Fast

Tom100murphy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom100murphy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Nothing is working on my chest!!!

Hi, Im 17, 6ft2 and about 175lbs. when i do my chest all i feel is my arms. Iv tried decreasing weight and focussing on hitting my chest but i cant seem to get any real results. Currently im trying to bulk it up as much as i can. im benching about 160 (1RM), any idea what i should be doing differently??

Originally Posted by Tom100murphy View Post
    Hi, Im 17, 6ft2 and about 175lbs. when i do my chest all i feel is my arms. Iv tried decreasing weight and focussing on hitting my chest but i cant seem to get any real results. Currently im trying to bulk it up as much as i can. im benching about 160 (1RM), any idea what i should be doing differently??
    Hi Tom100murphy....

Check out this video and let me know if there's a distinction or two that you find helpful.

How to Bench Press Correctly

NOTE: You all can make it a lot easier for me to help you by posting your questions HERE in the my thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section of this Bodybuilding.com Forum.

In addition, I'd be happy to answer any question you have that are specific to your own personal needs. With that being stated, be sure you check out this organized, categorized list of questions that I've already answered. They are all included in this free pdf flie that you can view at your own convenience. There are short articles, videos, and podcasts to explain my points more clearly.

muslcetronic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Call me Otis, i have a problem. Im not too sure what the exact cause is, i assume there's some people on here that knows what their doing. Those are the people i seek advice from.

Before i get into the problem, il give you guy an idea of how much i currently lift compound wise.

Current weight-151lbs
    past weight-160 lbs

currently lifts
    Deadlifts-225lbs-6-8 reps -4 sets
    Squats-225-4-6 reps- 4 sets (full squats)-Looking to increase, been off for a week and a half due to soreness from sprinting so, working my way up to 6 reps again
    bench press-185-4 reps-3 sets
    millitary press-155lbs-6-8 reps-4 sets
    lats pull down-150lb-6-8 reps-4 sets
    tricept push down-120-lbs

all my other isolation workouts i've improved on as well.
    I curl-45lbs-8 reps-4 sets

and a bunch of other stuff.
    now to the problem.

as i mention above, i use to weight in at 160lbs
    when i was that weight

these are what my lifts reflected:

Deadlifts-205lb-8 reps
    squats-225lb-6 reps
    bench press-165lb-6-8 reps
    standing millitary press-155lb
    lats pull down-120lb 6-8 reps-4 sets
    tricept push down-120lb-6-8 reps-4 sets

i know these might be identical but pay attention to the variation in body weight.
    I keep loosing weight and i dun fuly understand why.
    I lost like 9 pounds in like 2 months.
    my goal is to put on size, but i keep loosing weight, i suspect its water weight but im not too sure.
    I've never seen this fluctuation in my weight before. it's like really bad now. The good part is, my strength has increased throughout most of my workouts.

my question is, why am i loosing weight and experiencing strength increase ?

Originally Posted by muslcetronic View Post
    Call me Otis, i have a problem. Im not too sure what the exact cause is, i assume there's some people on here that knows what their doing. Those are the people i seek advice from.

Before i get into the problem, il give you guy an idea of how much i currently lift compound wise.

Current weight-151lbs
    past weight-160 lbs

currently lifts
    Deadlifts-225lbs-6-8 reps -4 sets
    Squats-225-4-6 reps- 4 sets (full squats)-Looking to increase, been off for a week and a half due to soreness from sprinting so, working my way up to 6 reps again
    bench press-185-4 reps-3 sets
    millitary press-155lbs-6-8 reps-4 sets
    lats pull down-150lb-6-8 reps-4 sets
    tricept push down-120-lbs

all my other isolation workouts i've improved on as well.
    I curl-45lbs-8 reps-4 sets

and a bunch of other stuff.
    now to the problem.

as i mention above, i use to weight in at 160lbs
    when i was that weight

these are what my lifts reflected:

Deadlifts-205lb-8 reps
    squats-225lb-6 reps
    bench press-165lb-6-8 reps
    standing millitary press-155lb
    lats pull down-120lb 6-8 reps-4 sets
    tricept push down-120lb-6-8 reps-4 sets

i know these might be identical but pay attention to the variation in body weight.
    I keep loosing weight and i dun fuly understand why.
    I lost like 9 pounds in like 2 months.
    my goal is to put on size, but i keep loosing weight, i suspect its water weight but im not too sure.
    I've never seen this fluctuation in my weight before. it's like really bad now. The good part is, my strength has increased throughout most of my workouts.

my question is, why am i loosing weight and experiencing strength increase ?
    Hi muslcetronic....

You didn't anything write about your EATING HABITS.

Eating properly needs to be your number one priority when you are trying to pack on muscle mass. The way you eat will have far more of a positive affect on the way you look than weight training and cardiovascular training combined. It’s been established that at least 80 percent of the way you look and feel will be determined by how well you eat. You will look MUCH BETTER simply by making the necessary changes to your eating habits. The majority of your focus and energy MUST go to this important area of your life.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Put Your Body and MIND In PERFECT Workout Conditions EVERY SESSION!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine MM250 Pre-Workout

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100) omarh11 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi, im 17yo, started going to the GYM since 1 year and 4-5 months, I never did free weights, my workout for 1 complete year:

Everyday except 1-2 days -->

Arc trainer 45 minutes
    Stepper 20-30 minutes
    Interval running 17-25 minutes
    Biking 15-22 minutes
    All pull-up kinds (20x4) (all 5 kinds) so total 20 sets of 20 reps (4 each pull up kind) with 20 push ups after each set (so 20x20 push ups total)
    Running 5 mins (speed 12.0)
    ABS 30X4 (4-5 different kinds, dont play lower)
    Lower back 20x4 (sometimes)

and a calorie diet of about 1500 calorie.

I lost over 40-45 pounds and gained alot of muscle, now I lowered my cardio to 250-400 calorie and my diet is the same.. about 400-700kcal carb 150-250kcal protein and 150kcal fat

I do cardio running 2KM, and the pull ups is the same (without weights assist) 20x2 sets all 4 kinds of pull ups, with abs, squats and lower back, and 10minute running at the end of training, and swimming for 20-25 minutes..

I take oxyelite pro.. will I lose fat and gain muscle? or lose both? or tone my body? whats the result will I get?

This is a picture of me, btw thats before oxyelite pro..

I want to go 10-12% body fat, im about 17% now..

sorry I dont got a picture out of shirt, too bored to do that.. lol

i40.tinypic.com/23u7a1e.jpg

HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Shoulder Pain

Hey man, on chest days when I bench, or do dips I feel a lot of pressure on my shoulders. They don't pop, and its not severe pain, but its uncomfortable. Any idea on what is causing this or what I can do to improve?

tanner2811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet

I am trying to bulk up as much as possible so what should my diet look like and should I be ratified 6 times a day? I hear so much different stuff from everybody. And would a weight gainer be ideal also should I be taking NO, creatine, a vita pack, and a pee work out? Just some things I see other people take.

Originally Posted by HRodriguez93 View Post
    Hey man, on chest days when I bench, or do dips I feel a lot of pressure on my shoulders. They don't pop, and its not severe pain, but its uncomfortable. Any idea on what is causing this or what I can do to improve?
    Hi HRodriguez93....

I would guess that you are either using to much of your shoulder strength to move the weight from "Point A" to "Point B"--or you have some shoulder issues. Let's hope that it is the former and not the latter.

Check out this video and let me know if there's a distinction or two that you find helpful.

How to Bench Press Correctly

NOTE: You all can make it a lot easier for me to help you by posting your questions HERE in the my thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section of this Bodybuilding.com Forum.

In addition, I'd be happy to answer any question you have that are specific to your own personal needs. With that being stated, be sure you check out this organized, categorized list of questions that I've already answered. They are all included in this free pdf flie that you can view at your own convenience. There are short articles, videos, and podcasts to explain my points more clearly.

Originally Posted by tanner2811 View Post
    I am trying to bulk up as much as possible so what should my diet look like and should I be ratified 6 times a day? I hear so much different stuff from everybody. And would a weight gainer be ideal also should I be taking NO, creatine, a vita pack, and a pee work out? Just some things I see other people take.
    Hi tanner2811...

As you've mentioned, there are many ways to go to get results.

Instead of me writing out a generic "nutrition seminar", why don't you outline your current plan and I will give you my thoughts and some direction.

Train Hard. Think Big.

tanner2811 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well every weekend i try to grill up as much chicken as possible so i can bring that to school and i eat that around 11ish so i typically have 2 grilled breasts of chicken and a sandwich for lunch in the morning i eat a home made protein bar just because its the easiest thing. i snack on trail mix without any candy in it just full of mixed nuts all day drink lots of water. i lift at least 5 days a week at school for a class i am taking but thats not that well set up just a coach telling us to go do some random major lift some days. but on Tuesdays and Thursdays i am in weight club working out really hard so i am looking to start a program off of BB.com just need to find a partner to do it with. i am currently just taking a mens one a day multi vitamin and i have whey protein that i got at the gym. my goal is to gain 100 pounds in the next two years is that possible and have only 10% body fat or is that just to crazy? hope this is enough info let me know if you need any more and thanks again for all your help it is greatly appreciated!!
    --Tanner

kron48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my arms dont seem to want to grow, what should i do diferently to bulk up my arms? my legs seem to grow alot better than my upper body, i want to increase my bench as well as bulk up my arms
    Last edited by kron48; 11-14-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Originally Posted by kron48 View Post
    my arms dont seem to want to grow, what should i do diferently to bulk up my arms? my legs seem to grow alot better than my upper body, i want to increase my bench as well as bulk up my arms
    Hi kron48....

Let me know if you find this information helpful:

Tips to improve the peaks of your biceps

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

kron48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it looks like i have some things to fix on my form on my dumbell curls, thanks, ill see how things go and ill get back to you if i have anymore questions

joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your definition of "clean bulk" is that you still eat an excess number of calories--it's just that it isn't "junk food", correct?
    Wow i said that a while back and i got attacked by the users....
    Inquiries: delapenhafitness@gmail.com

Squat-375 September 2013
    Bench-275 January 2014
    Deadlift-450x2 March 2014

Originally Posted by joshuadelapenha View Post
    Wow i said that a while back and i got attacked by the users....
    Yeah...well....if you think like "the group" you'll get the same results as "the group." If that okay with you, then that's awesome.

If you want extraordinary results, you will oftentimes need to think and take action much differently than the masses.

Not all the time--just with the key distinctions.

The challenge is to know with which ones? LOL

Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's your premiere exercise into having that really wide, thick, back to help your v taper?

Also: Dumbbell vs. Barbell Rows, which is better for mass development?
    ★★★ Thick. ★★★
    ★★★ Solid. ★★★
    ★★★ Tight. ★★★

Originally Posted by Jeffbelittle View Post
    What's your premiere exercise into having that really wide, thick, back to help your v taper?

Also: Dumbbell vs. Barbell Rows, which is better for mass development?
    Ok, Jeffbelittle. Let me explain how this all REALLY works.

Do you ever see a nice looking girl who stays in shape--but she has shorter legs, a long torso, and has a smaller chest? She has like and "H" figure.

Then, you have another pretty girl who hardly works out--but she has longer legs, a short torso, and a big chest? She has like an hourglass figure.

There's nothing the first girl can do to look as good as the second (if that's what you like). Her structure is just different.

She can, however, work hard to stay in shape and look the very best SHE can look.

So, how does that relate to your question?

If there were a series of the "best exercises" that give you a "V taper" a hard-working Mr. Olympia champion like Jay Cutler would have done all of them a long, long time ago and would have an incredible "V taper". He does NOT (compared to many other bodybuilders) because there aren't any special exercises that will do that for him no matter how smart he is or how hard he works. He has to do the same basic back exercises just like everyone else does--and become the very best HE can be. Jay Cutler doesn't have the best V-Taper but he did develop his overall physique quite well, I'm sure you'd agree.

Your job is to execute all of those back exercises with the utmost effectiveness and efficiency. Then, you let your muscle size, shape, density, maturity, and genetic structure take over from there.

If you are using your back muscles during an exercise, then it will come down to the how well YOU, YOURSELF, EXECUTE the exercise that will determine if Dumbbell Rows or Barbell Rows are the best for mass development. A good argument could be made for both of them but, when it comes down to it, it's how well the person doing the exercise performs the exercise.

Personally, I prefer Barbell Rows because I feel a person can be much, much more efficient with their strength and energy when they stay away from single-limb movements like Dumbbell Rows.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Put Your Body and MIND In PERFECT Workout Conditions EVERY SESSION!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine MM250 Pre-Workout

Click here to watch VIDEO and learn how you can get a
    FREE ONE-ON-ONE COACHING SESSION with Skip La Cour when you order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition "Maximum Mass Pack"
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-14-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000)
    ...I feel dumb for never considering V-Tapers as a genetic thing... but it should be just like any other body part (lol idiot moment)

Any tips for flexing your back? I'm nowhere near competition worthy, but I would like to know how to flex that lat spread so I can see progress over time
    ★★★ Thick. ★★★
    ★★★ Solid. ★★★
    ★★★ Tight. ★★★