Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.....

I have a long-running thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section and I spend a lot of time on it.

I invite you to check it out--and subscribe.

Q & As, short articles, videos, podcasts, and more.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...99061&page=100

Thanks.

Updated 10-31-11

Download a FREE pdf file of a conveniently categorized list of
    hot links of the "Best Questions Answered in this Skip La Cour"
    Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

cgomez_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest

How would I be able to put some more muscle on my chest and make it more defined? I cant seem to see any improvement, what workouts can I do or what?

AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What are the best exercises for packing on shoulder muscles, and is there a technique from going from a cut to a bulk, seeing as though it would be a 1000 calorie difference.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cgomez_7 View Post
    How would I be able to put some more muscle on my chest and make it more defined? I cant seem to see any improvement, what workouts can I do or what?
    Getting leaner with a great diet will make your chest "more defined" and also give the illusion of more size.

More size come with consistent, overload training, adequate rest and recovery, great nutritional habits, and time.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What got you into bodybuilding?

What motivates you?

What is your best advice for a newbie?

What is your take on nutrition? Do you believe in IIFYM?

Looking good btw!
    "Life is not fair, there always will be people that never worked as hard as you but ended up better. But who promised fairness?"

Bench:240
    Squat:270
    Dead:320

Originally Posted by AestheticsGTL View Post
    What are the best exercises for packing on shoulder muscles?
    Hi AestheticsGTL....

I like the basic when it comes to shoulder training (Seated Dumbbell Presses are my very favorite).

That being said, oftentimes any exercise that stimulates the shoulder muscle will be effective.

What makes the difference is the person who is executing the exercise.

Originally Posted by AestheticsGTL View Post
    and is there a technique from going from a cut to a bulk, seeing as though it would be a 1000 calorie difference.
    Yes, there is. If you want to reduce body fat while maintain as much muscle mass as humanly possible, you need to gradually reduce your calories.

If you are talking about reducing your calories by 1,000 a day--that might be a little too aggressive.

BurakAlpa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently started bodybuilding, now on my second program, I got decline machines, inclines and bench press, but in all of these my arms hurt rather then my chest, why so?

Originally Posted by BurakAlpa View Post
    I recently started bodybuilding, now on my second program, I got decline machines, inclines and bench press, but in all of these my arms hurt rather then my chest, why so?
    That's because you are doing "whatever it takes" to move the weight from "Point A" to "Point B". In this case, that means you are using you arms too much--even if you don't realize it.

You have to start learning to perfect that mind-muscle connection. You have to make sure that the targeted muscle group (in this case, your chest) is doing the majority of the work--even if you have to use less weight or perform fewer reps.

Originally Posted by ryanmuscle View Post
    What got you into bodybuilding?
    I was always searching for what I was "put on this earth to do" so to speak. To find my passion in life. I found it in bodybuilding at 27 years old.

What motivates you?
    To be the very best at what I do--and always doing what I love to do (Well, most of the time ).

What is your best advice for a newbie?
    Make a DECISION. Decide on a training program that you BELIEVE IN (that's extremely important!). Stick to that plan for 3 months. You'll see that time will fly by quickly. Stick to that plan in good times--and in bad times; when you feel it is working--and when you don't. Put your head down and "block out" any suggestions anyone else makes for three months. Commit to you plan and be consistent with it, Work on MASTERING that plan any figuring out every single nuance that will make it work. You come out the other side with a unbelievable amount of hard-earn knowledge and experience that you won't get from anywhere or anyone else.

Make another DECISION. Decide on an eating plan that you BELIEVE IN (that's extremely important!). Stick to that plan for 3 months. You'll see that time will fly by quickly. Stick to that plan in good times--and in bad times; when you feel it is working--and when you don't. Put your head down and "block out" any suggestions anyone else makes for three months. Commit to you plan and be consistent with it, Work on MASTERING that plan any figuring out every single nuance that will make it work. You come out the other side with a unbelievable amount of hard-earn knowledge and experience that you won't get from anywhere or anyone else.

If you want to learn what I recommend, go to SkipLaCour.com.

What is your take on nutrition? Do you believe in IIFYM?
    I believe the "best" eating plan a person can follow is the one he, himself, BELIEVES IN, follows through with on a consistent basis, and does over an extended period of time.

Any successful eating plan is successful because of the certain few universal, basic FUNDAMENTALS they all contain--not the 5% or 10% details that make them "special, unique, or different".

Looking good btw!
    Thanks, brother.

AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10) AestheticsGTL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been working out for quite a few years now but I've had trouble trying to add more mass to my biceps. After a few months of coming to this site and trying out different exercise routines, increasing weight bit by bit each time I work on them I don't see any noticeable difference. Any tips?

Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I've been working out for quite a few years now but I've had trouble trying to add more mass to my biceps. After a few months of coming to this site and trying out different exercise routines, increasing weight bit by bit each time I work on them I don't see any noticeable difference. Any tips?
    Let me know if this helpful:

Bodybuilding: Developing Your Biceps with Dumbbell Curls

Click Here to Watch Video

xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlDeMoNiClx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll give it a try. I'll try and remember to give some feedback in a few weeks as I',m sure even this will take time to earn me results. haha

I'll give it a try. I'll try and remember to give some feedback in a few weeks as I',m sure even this will take time to earn me results. haha

And pay close attention to your nutritional habits. It's that important to building muscle.

I think that may be my biggest problem. I don't eat a whole lot of sugary foods, chocolate (except chocolate milk) and fatty foods. I eat a lot of cheese though, so the fat might be holding me back, i sometimes put a dash of salt on roast beef, mashed potatoes and broccoli and I don't eat a whole lot, I eat 3 meals and that's about it. I drink a lot of water though.

wrestlinwastin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is the best whey protein powder you know of for price/grams of protien/ lowest cal you know of?

ariff100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Narrow shoulders

I've been working out since I was 18, 20 now. Naturally quite skinny, built for endurance/running (ectomorph). I've managed to get some size but still appear skinny due to my narrow frame (especially shoulders).
    My questions: will my frame get wider in the next few years or am I stuck with crappy genes? Is overtraining a possible cause for lack of development in my frame?
    Pics available if needed, thanks.
    6' 180lbs

I think that may be my biggest problem. I don't eat a whole lot of sugary foods, chocolate (except chocolate milk) and fatty foods. I eat a lot of cheese though, so the fat might be holding me back, i sometimes put a dash of salt on roast beef, mashed potatoes and broccoli and I don't eat a whole lot, I eat 3 meals and that's about it. I drink a lot of water though.
    Check this out for some basic eating tips.

Eating properly has to be your #1 priority if you want to grow.

http://www.********.com/pages/Bodybu...27959?sk=notes

Originally Posted by wrestlinwastin View Post
    what is the best whey protein powder you know of for price/grams of protien/ lowest cal you know of?
    Here's what I believe, of course:

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine MM25 Whey Protein.

ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500) ForeverABulk is not very helpful. (-500)
    1rd page.

Is SS a reccomended program.

Originally Posted by ariff100 View Post
    I've been working out since I was 18, 20 now. Naturally quite skinny, built for endurance/running (ectomorph). I've managed to get some size but still appear skinny due to my narrow frame (especially shoulders).
    My questions: will my frame get wider in the next few years or am I stuck with crappy genes? Is overtraining a possible cause for lack of development in my frame?
    Pics available if needed, thanks.
    6' 180lbs
    From you photo, I think there would be a lot of people who disagree that you have "crappy genes"!

You have to make the most with what you have day by day, workout by workout, and meal by meal. That's all you can do.

We all have to make the most with what we have.

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do you believe in high low or medium fat intakes? What about carbs?

Originally Posted by jon1995 View Post
    do you believe in high low or medium fat intakes? What about carbs?
    What are your goals?

Where are you at right now?

What's high and what low in your opinion?

I would really need to know those factors to offer an intelligent opinion.

Telling a person "Moderate carbs and moderate fats" (like many people do) really wouldn't have much value to a person.

CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't seem to get the line between my pecs and better define my overall chest. Any suggestions?
    "One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
    - Edward B. Butler
    "The man who cannot believe in himself cannot believe in anything else."
    - Anonymous

My journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141793681&pagenumber=

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    What are your goals?

Where are you at right now?

What's high and what low in your opinion?

I would really need to know those factors to offer an intelligent opinion.

Telling a person "Moderate carbs and moderate fats" (like many people do) really wouldn't have much value to a person.
    my goals are to get big (bulk) im 170 pounds at around 6'4.

low fat- less than .35 per pounds moderate fat .45-.6 per pounds, high fat above .6 grams per pound
    low carbs less than 150 moderate 150-300 high carbs more than 300

but could you post what you recommend for both bulking and cutting?

Originally Posted by CWPierce View Post
    I can't seem to get the line between my pecs and better define my overall chest. Any suggestions?
    Less body fat right now and more muscle mass built over time is what's going to do that for you.

ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    only thing i have at home are 25 lbs dumbells and i cant workout at a gym

is it possible to do ss with resistance bands?

also i have wide hips(due to fat stores on thighs and such) and i wnna know if i go on a cut wll it solve the problem? although it seems to be that my hip bone itself is wide

wakenn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my quick story/ questions

Recently I've been really frustrated. I'm 21. Been going to personal trainers 3 times a week since I was 18. Gone through 3 of them. I gained 20 pounds of muscle the first 8 months and then another solid 15 later on during growth sperts. I haven't gained anything in about a year. I'm now 6'1 at 152 pounds. I have a really low fat percentage and I can't seem to gain weight at all. Muscle, fat, anything... I go 3 times a week to a personal trainer, I also do heavy Mixed martial arts... brazilian jiu jitsu for the past year or so. I've tried eating a ton, protein powders, all sorts of diets... it's just not doing anything. Recently I found out that after doing a dna panel and about 20 blood tests that my body isn't producing any amino acids. I got 1000mg pills taken daily so now I feel much more "recovered".. but I can't move from my current weight and it doesn't seem like I'm gaining any muscle, definition, etc.

What is your oppinion on my situation?
    Also if you wouldn't mind sharing your favorite workout program... dvd or non so I can get going on something else. Also if you have any suggestions on eating and diets I should implement to try for a little while.

I attached 2 photos... 1 from today in the mirror and 1 from a little over a year ago. I can't seem to move from where I am now as far as mass.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by wakenn View Post
    Recently I've been really frustrated. I'm 21. Been going to personal trainers 3 times a week since I was 18. Gone through 3 of them. I gained 20 pounds of muscle the first 8 months and then another solid 15 later on during growth sperts. I haven't gained anything in about a year. I'm now 6'1 at 152 pounds. I have a really low fat percentage and I can't seem to gain weight at all. Muscle, fat, anything... I go 3 times a week to a personal trainer, I also do heavy Mixed martial arts... brazilian jiu jitsu for the past year or so. I've tried eating a ton, protein powders, all sorts of diets... it's just not doing anything. Recently I found out that after doing a dna panel and about 20 blood tests that my body isn't producing any amino acids. I got 1000mg pills taken daily so now I feel much more "recovered".. but I can't move from my current weight and it doesn't seem like I'm gaining any muscle, definition, etc.

What is your oppinion on my situation?
    Also if you wouldn't mind sharing your favorite workout program... dvd or non so I can get going on something else. Also if you have any suggestions on eating and diets I should implement to try for a little while.

I attached 2 photos... 1 from today in the mirror and 1 from a little over a year ago. I can't seem to move from where I am now as far as mass.
    How tall and how much did you weigh when you were 18?

6' 1" about 120 pounds?

ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovemoney1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    not sure if you missed my question above but please answer, thanks