I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.....

I have a long-running thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section and I spend a lot of time on it.

I invite you to check it out--and subscribe.

Q & As, short articles, videos, podcasts, and more.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...99061&page=100

Thanks.

Updated 10-31-11

Download a FREE pdf file of a conveniently categorized list of
    hot links of the "Best Questions Answered in this Skip La Cour"
    Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Skip...are we ever gonna see you back on the stage one day?

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Milone79 View Post
    Hey Skip...are we ever gonna see you back on the stage one day?
    You never know.

I've accomplished what I wanted as a competitive bodybuilder.

Now, I'm to new bodybuilding and fitness challenges.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, I was wondering if I could get a critique on my latest photos from the Natural Colorado in my profile. What immediately do you see I should do to prepare for Team Universe next year?

Originally Posted by blayjin View Post
    Skip, I was wondering if I could get a critique on my latest photos from the Natural Colorado in my profile. What immediately do you see I should do to prepare for Team Universe next year?
    I looked at your pictures and you look great.

Let me ask you this:

What do you think you need to improve upon and how do you plan on doing that?

Everyone can be bigger and harder. It really comes who I am comparing you to. I can put a picture in my mind of Phil Heath and then tell you what you need to improve upon. Or, I can compare you to someone who has just done there first show. Each one will have a different set on answers.

So, with that being said, why don't you start.

Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What in your opinion is more optimal, long(1+more years) or the more traditional offseasons(short aka competing every year)

Natural champs like Doug Miller,Layne,Tommy Jeffers etc. Compete once every 2-4 years but i also see examples like cleveland thomas move up a weight class and win the yorton and he competes every year.

Originally Posted by Gibson5521 View Post
    What in your opinion is more optimal, long(1+more years) or the more traditional offseasons(short aka competing every year)

Natural champs like Doug Miller,Layne,Tommy Jeffers etc. Compete once every 2-4 years but i also see examples like cleveland thomas move up a weight class and win the yorton and he competes every year.
    If you can train hard and eat well and put off putting yourself through the extreme contest dieting process, I can see the benefits when your next contest comes around.

The key is that you have to train hard and eat well--or it just becomes more time off between shows.

Do you know for certain that those gentlemen only compete every 2 to 4 years because it's a "more optimal" off season--or do they just balance competing (and all the lifestyle challenges that go with it) with the regular, non-bodybuilding lives?

Asking for Opinions and Constructive Criticism from Random People Internet: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

No one is going care about your bodybuilding and training success or failure more than you. No one is going to have more time, energy, and effort invested into your success than you. You must remember that when soliciting opinions on the internet.

During this video, Skip La Cour explains why you might be doing yourself more harm than good when asking random people on the internet to critique your physique, training program, or eating plan.

Put Your Body and MIND In PERFECT Workout Conditions EVERY SESSION!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine MM250 Pre-Workout

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-17-2011 at 06:30 PM.

roshfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Asking for Opinions and Constructive Criticism from Random People Internet: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

No one is going care about your bodybuilding and training success or failure more than you. No one is going to have more time, energy, and effort invested into your success than you. You must remember that when soliciting opinions on the internet.

During this video, Skip La Cour explains why you might be doing yourself more harm than good when asking random people on the internet to critique your physique, training program, or eating plan.

Click here to order
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today[/url]
    great advice! do you have experience with bikini competitors?
    JNL fan forever! Believe!

My modest workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139736173

Originally Posted by roshfit View Post
    great advice! do you have experience with bikini competitors?
    Hi roshfit.......

I haven't gotten a bikini competitor ready for a contest.

I have helped figure competitors.

I'm sure you can see how beneficial everything I teach can help a bikini competitor though.

Feel free t ask me anything and I will see if I can help you.

roshfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi roshfit.......

I haven't gotten a bikini competitor ready for a contest.

I have helped figure competitors.

I'm sure you can see how beneficial everything I teach can help a bikini competitor though.

Feel free t ask me anything and I will see if I can help you.
    great! i'll see you in the other thread!
    Last edited by roshfit; 11-20-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    JNL fan forever! Believe!

My modest workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139736173

What To Look For In A Bodybuilding & Training Coach or Mentor: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

Helping you get the RESULTS you're after should be the #1 priority of the bodybuilding and training mentor or coach you choose. In this video, Skip La Cour gives you some things to remember when selecting a person to guide you.

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine MM250 Pre-Workout

Click here to order
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Skip, big fan!
    Curious what area was always a strong point for you? And what areas did you have problems with on the way up... or was everything about equal?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by DiamondMaker View Post
    Hey Skip, big fan!
    Curious what area was always a strong point for you? And what areas did you have problems with on the way up... or was everything about equal?

Thanks!
    Hi DiamondMaker......

Arms, general overall balance, and the ability to gain size were always relative strong points. (I say "relative" because it's all about who you compare yourself to)

Leg sweep, shoulders, back width (especially from the front), and knowing how to get real conditioned were things I had to work hard to improve upon.

Updated 11-21-11

Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here.

Skip La Cour's Keys to Bodybuilding and Training Success

Invest 10 minutes and listen to this podcast.

12-1-11 - Answer Today's Bodybuilding and Training Poll Question on my ******** Page:

Click Here to participate

Updated 12-24-11

Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here

Weight Training, Cardiovascular Training, Nutrition, Supplements, Motivation/Mental Toughness, Expert Advice for Beginners, Contest Preparation, and the Business of Bodybuilding and Fitness all explained in posts, articles, videos, and podcasts.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wakegrl0021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip,

Question for you: I'm training for a Physique competition, its a month into training and I think weight loss has plateau'd do you recommend cutting carbs, cutting calories, or adding more cardio? I am currently doing 1650 cals, 123-162carbs, and doing HITT 15 mins 3x a week.