Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.....

I have a long-running thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section and I spend a lot of time on it.

I invite you to check it out--and subscribe.

Q & As, short articles, videos, podcasts, and more.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...99061&page=100

Thanks.

Updated 10-31-11

Download a FREE pdf file of a conveniently categorized list of
    hot links of the "Best Questions Answered in this Skip La Cour"
    Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Asking for Opinions and Constructive Criticism from Random People Internet: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

No one is going care about your bodybuilding and training success or failure more than you. No one is going to have more time, energy, and effort invested into your success than you. You must remember that when soliciting opinions on the internet.

During this video, Skip La Cour explains why you might be doing yourself more harm than good when asking random people on the internet to critique your physique, training program, or eating plan.

Put Your Body and MIND In PERFECT Workout Conditions EVERY SESSION!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine MM250 Pre-Workout

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-17-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000) jamnajh is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you have ever done madcows 5x5, (program im on now) did your stabilizer muscles begin to get sore. For example. Deltoids, from bench. And groin, from squat ?
    Any memphis sport.

roll tide

Originally Posted by jamnajh View Post
    If you have ever done madcows 5x5, (program im on now) did your stabilizer muscles begin to get sore. For example. Deltoids, from bench. And groin, from squat ?
    I have not.

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What's your favorite exercise for hitting the long head of the tricep? I know I'm not at that level of working on weak spots, but I would still like to have a balanced muscle.

GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best Chest, Trap, Bicep, and Ab workout for someone without a lifting partner? Looking to get upper body shredded in as little time as possible! Thanks Man!

dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hate linking to my other threads but is it possible you could critique my Layne Norton inspired routine?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=139793923

If not thats cool too, all good thanks for making this thread. Will come in handy in the future for myself Im sure and others too.
    …………▄▄█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█▄▄
    ………▄▀▀▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▀▄
    ……▄▀▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▀▄
    …..█▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▓█
    ..▌▓▀▒░░░░░░T░░░H░░░E░░░░░░░░▒▀▓█
    ..█▌▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓█
    ▐█▓▒░M░░A░░G░░N░░E░░T░░R░░O░░N▒▓█
    █▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓█
    █▐▒▒░░░░C░░░R░░░E░░░W░░░░░░░░░▒▒█
    █▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█▓█
    █▓▓█▒░░░▒█▄▒▒░░░░░░░▒▒▄█▒░░░▒█▓▓█
    █▓█▒░▒▒▒░░▀▀█▄▄░░░▄▄█▀▀░░▒▒░▒█▓█
    █▓▌▒▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▒▒▒▀█░░█▀▒▒▒▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▓█
    ██▌▒▓███▓████▓▒▐▌▐▌▒▓███▓███▓▒▐██
    .██▒▒▓███▓▓▓███▓▄░░▄▓███▓▓▓███▓▒██

Originally Posted by dff4gdsfg View Post
    I hate linking to my other threads but is it possible you could critique my Layne Norton inspired routine?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=139793923

Hi dff4gdsfg.....

If not thats cool too, all good thanks for making this thread. Will come in handy in the future for myself Im sure and others too.
    Why do you choose a Layne Norton "inspired" routine as opposed to just plain old Layne Norton routine?

Originally Posted by GETRIPPED23 View Post
    Best Chest, Trap, Bicep, and Ab workout for someone without a lifting partner? Looking to get upper body shredded in as little time as possible! Thanks Man!
    hi GETRIPPED23....

I weight training workout routine doesn't get you "shredded." That's if, of course, you mean ripped or lean.

Your diet is what's going to get you lean.

Do you mean a routine that gets you big and muscular, huge, jacked, and diesel? LOL

Originally Posted by chrisboudreaux View Post
    What's your favorite exercise for hitting the long head of the tricep? I know I'm not at that level of working on weak spots, but I would still like to have a balanced muscle.
    Hi chrisboudreaux....

My favorite triceps exercise is Cable Pushdowns.

As long as you are using the triceps during and exercise, you are using the entire triceps.

If you are thinking you can change the shape of your triceps with certain exercises, you can't. You have to make the most with the shape you have.

Look at some pictures of the greatest and hardest working bodybuilder of all time who have "underdeveloped" triceps. If there was a certain exercise that could change that shape, they would have found it and exploited the hell out of it a long time ago.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Skip,

How highly do you rate rep timing in terms of importance? Do you aim to complete all reps of all exercises at the same speed, what is this, and why?
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    Skip,

How highly do you rate rep timing in terms of importance? Do you aim to complete all reps of all exercises at the same speed, what is this, and why?
    Hi NZninja101....

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Are rep speed and rate rep timing the same in your mind? These terms are not concrete, universally-accepted like medical terms--and everyone translates them differently.

NOTE: You all can make it a lot easier for me to help you by posting your questions HERE in the my thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section of this Bodybuilding.com Forum.

In addition, I'd be happy to answer any question you have that are specific to your own personal needs. With that being stated, be sure you check out this organized, categorized list of questions that I've already answered. They are all included in this free pdf flie that you can view at your own convenience. There are short articles, videos, and podcasts to explain my points more clearly.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi NZninja101....

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Are rep speed and rate rep timing the same in your mind? These terms are not concrete, universally-accepted like medical terms--and everyone translates them differently.
    I don't know what you mean by 'rate' rep timing. By rep timing I mean the speed it takes you to complete a single rep. I already know that there is no universally best amount of time to complete a rep, I was just asking what your opinion on it was ie what you do.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    I don't know what you mean by 'rate' rep timing. By rep timing I mean the speed it takes you to complete a single rep. I already know that there is no universally best amount of time to complete a rep, I was just asking what your opinion on it was ie what you do.
    I understand you now.....How do I rate "rep timing"?

Different rep timing can be good for different reasons. It really depends on your goals.

For overloading the muscle to stimulate the growth process, I recommend a "1 - 2" count. 1 count explosive concentric movement --and the a 2 count on the eccentric negative movement. I do not recommend a pause (isometric).

N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why do you choose a Layne Norton "inspired" routine as opposed to just plain old Layne Norton routine?
    Do you suggest there's something wrong with BASING ones own routine around anothers concept?
    Last edited by N@tural1; 11-19-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Registered User CaptainGorgeous's Avatar
    CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by N@tural1 View Post
    Do you suggest there's something wrong with BASING ones own routine around anthers concept?
    I think Skip's point is that the question was an odd one:

Presumably, Layne Norton's routine works. (It worked for Layne, at least, but plenty of other people have corroborated that it works.) The only apparent reasons someone should alter it are that (1) that person knows that the modifications are an improvement, or (2) that person has a reason to believe that the modifications will be an improvement and is willing to test them out.

If either of these are the case, then what's the point in asking Skip? If the poster is unsure of the efficacy of the modifications, then maybe he should just use a proven version or get more basic experience in order to make informed decisions about how to alter existing routines (and create his own).

dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dff4gdsfg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you suggest there's something wrong with BASING ones own routine around anothers concept?
    Originally Posted by CaptainGorgeous View Post
    I think Skip's point is that the question was an odd one:

Presumably, Layne Norton's routine works. (It worked for Layne, at least, but plenty of other people have corroborated that it works.) The only apparent reasons someone should alter it are that (1) that person knows that the modifications are an improvement, or (2) that person has a reason to believe that the modifications will be an improvement and is willing to test them out.

If either of these are the case, then what's the point in asking Skip? If the poster is unsure of the efficacy of the modifications, then maybe he should just use a proven version or get more basic experience in order to make informed decisions about how to alter existing routines (and create his own).

The edits are removal of three leg exercises (my legs naturally grow at a faster rate than my upper body) + I added in some ab exercises which were not in the original routine. Everything is the same, but I wanted to see what others thought of the slightly edited routine. It's 85% the same.
    …………▄▄█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█▄▄
    ………▄▀▀▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▀▄
    ……▄▀▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▀▄
    …..█▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▓█
    ..▌▓▀▒░░░░░░T░░░H░░░E░░░░░░░░▒▀▓█
    ..█▌▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓█
    ▐█▓▒░M░░A░░G░░N░░E░░T░░R░░O░░N▒▓█
    █▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓█
    █▐▒▒░░░░C░░░R░░░E░░░W░░░░░░░░░▒▒█
    █▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█▓█
    █▓▓█▒░░░▒█▄▒▒░░░░░░░▒▒▄█▒░░░▒█▓▓█
    █▓█▒░▒▒▒░░▀▀█▄▄░░░▄▄█▀▀░░▒▒░▒█▓█
    █▓▌▒▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▒▒▒▀█░░█▀▒▒▒▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▓█
    ██▌▒▓███▓████▓▒▐▌▐▌▒▓███▓███▓▒▐██
    .██▒▒▓███▓▓▓███▓▄░░▄▓███▓▓▓███▓▒██

GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GETRIPPED23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol!! I just meant an effective routine that will build my chest, traps, abs, and biceps as quickly as possible and how many days a week should I do it? Thanks a lot man!!!

hi GETRIPPED23....

I weight training workout routine doesn't get you "shredded." That's if, of course, you mean ripped or lean.

Your diet is what's going to get you lean.

Do you mean a routine that gets you big and muscular, huge, jacked, and diesel? LOL

When someone creates a training routine, there are many obvious and not-so-obvious reason why he created the way he did.

It's really not the same thing when you change it--even if you see it as only minor changes.

I always recommend for someone to follow a routine they trust blindly--without any adjustments--for at least three months. After taking that "leap of faith" and putting their full focus and determination, they can fully see the value of the program and why it was created that way.

What To Look For In A Bodybuilding & Training Coach or Mentor: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

Helping you get the RESULTS you're after should be the #1 priority of the bodybuilding and training mentor or coach you choose. In this video, Skip La Cour gives you some things to remember when selecting a person to guide you.

Put Your Body and MIND In PERFECT Workout Conditions EVERY SESSION!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine MM250 Pre-Workout

Click here to order

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey my man. set me straight please.

lats. whether on rows or pullups/chinups, i sort of have it in my head, after 8 years of training, that the closer the elbows are to the body, the greater the lat recruitment. wide grip, elbows flared seems more inner back. lats for sure, but the inner back seems to take on more of the load.

wide grip pullups is what got me thinking this. as my hand placement widens, i seem to hit the lats not so much. but if i go to a close grip chinup, it's all lats.

what is the deal?

Originally Posted by boathead View Post
    hey my man. set me straight please.

lats. whether on rows or pullups/chinups, i sort of have it in my head, after 8 years of training, that the closer the elbows are to the body, the greater the lat recruitment. wide grip, elbows flared seems more inner back. lats for sure, but the inner back seems to take on more of the load.

wide grip pullups is what got me thinking this. as my hand placement widens, i seem to hit the lats not so much. but if i go to a close grip chinup, it's all lats.

what is the deal?
    I agree with you. With just about all back exercises, I recommend the grip to e slightly wide that shoulder width apart. V-bar exercise would be the only exception.

Updated 11-21-11

Download a FREE pdf file of a conveniently categorized list of
    hot links of the "Best Questions Answered in this Skip La Cour"
    Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here.

Click here to order

gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skip,

Currently on a cut. What do you recommend in terms of a bodyfat % before I start a bulk? Is it true that calorie partitioning is better the lower your bodyfat is (ratio of muscle & fat gained during the bulk)?

Also, for a middle age man like me who is not interested in getting huge...just adding some lean muscle and looking good,
    what kind of a split would recommend....full body, upper/lower working each muscle twice a week, each muscle
    once a week, etc... I've been training consistenly for over a year. I am pretty dedicated but I have been bouncing from
    one program to another. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by gerryh777; 11-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Originally Posted by gerryh777 View Post
    Skip,

Currently on a cut. What do you recommend in terms of a bodyfat % before I start a bulk? Is it true that calorie partitioning is better the lower your bodyfat is (ratio of muscle & fat gained during the bulk)?

Also, for a middle age man like me who is not interested in getting huge...just adding some lean muscle and looking good,
    what kind of a split would recommend....full body, upper/lower working each muscle twice a week, each muscle
    once a week, etc... I've been training consistenly for over a year. I am pretty dedicated but I have been bouncing from
    one program to another. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Here are my thoughts on bulking and cutting:

Should you "bulk up" in order to build more muscle?

Things to consider when developing your "bulking" strategy

playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In Muscle and Fitness, Hershel Walker gave out his routine of 750 push ups, 1500 sit ups and distance running everyday. As an athlete, I'm considering doing this because I feel that when I lift weights it makes me stronger, however, very stiff and not as flexible. I want to do his workout and also incorporate swimming. I wanted to know your thoughts on this?

Originally Posted by playLOVEGUNboy View Post
    In Muscle and Fitness, Hershel Walker gave out his routine of 750 push ups, 1500 sit ups and distance running everyday. As an athlete, I'm considering doing this because I feel that when I lift weights it makes me stronger, however, very stiff and not as flexible. I want to do his workout and also incorporate swimming. I wanted to know your thoughts on this?
    If your ultimate goal is to become the best performance athlete possible, weight training may not be a priority. What sport or sports do you play?

playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If your ultimate goal is to become the best performance athlete possible, weight training may not be a priority. What sport or sports do you play?
    I'm a junior college football player. I play Wide Receiver, Option Quarterback and Returner. As you can they are all speed and athletic positions. I don't know if his workout just worked for him because he's a freak but who know's... can't hurt trying right? I basically just want to know if you think it's a good idea doing it 6 days a week. I really don't see a problem and I can definitely see some gains.

Originally Posted by playLOVEGUNboy View Post
    I'm a junior college football player. I play Wide Receiver, Option Quarterback and Returner. As you can they are all speed and athletic positions. I don't know if his workout just worked for him because he's a freak but who know's... can't hurt trying right? I basically just want to know if you think it's a good idea doing it 6 days a week. I really don't see a problem and I can definitely see some gains.
    I don't see a problem either.

I don't claim to be an expert in performance training though.