Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #7 - August 29, 2012

"Let's Add Some Entertainment To This Message Board With Some 'Big Brother' Advice About Life"

Click Here for the One-on-One Weekly Coaching Program I talked about in the podcast and Click Here for the Two-Session One-on-One "Goal Setting" Program.

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Podcasts You Missed

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #1
    "What You Can Expect From This Weekly Podcast Created Just For This Bodybuilding.com Message Board"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #2
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #1: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #3
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #2: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #4
    "Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge Winner James "Canz" Canzanella Co-Hosts, Talks About the Challenge, and Shares His Future Plans"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #5
    "Dwite Tucker (aka Lex29us) joins Skip La Cour the Co-Host for This Week Podcast and "Volunteers" for Some Coaching"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #6
    "Don't Blow the Opportunities You've Worked Hard To Create By Only Going 90% of the Way There!"
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

How You See Yourself Will Have A Tremendous Impact On Your Bodybuilding and Training Efforts!

What you will and will not do to reach your bodybuilding and training goals will depend on how you see yourself. Your Coach Skip La Cour helps you create a more empowering identity that will undoubtedly help you get closer to your bodybuilding and training goals.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

The MM120 Mass Machine Power Statements Free Coaching Sound File !

Your Coach Skip La Cour gets "in your ear" and guides you to the next level with the Mass Machine MM120. This free audio file emphasizes 120 powerful statements into your conscious and subconsciousness mind to help launch your bodybuilding and training efforts to the next level.

CLICK HERE to download this free mp3 sounds file.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Teen Training with Ronnie La Cour - Ronnie Packs On Too Much Muscle Too Quickly With Mass Machine Training! - Video #17

In this video, Skip La Cour discusses his nephew Ronnie's progress after 8 weeks of training. You can see what Ronnie has accomplished in his evaluation photos.

CLICK HERE to download a free PDF file copy of all the five different body part training routines of this particular Mass Machine Training cycle.

Does Comparing Yourself to Others Inspire You or Hold You Back?

At one time or another, most of us have measured the quality of our physique and/or training abilities to that of other people. Comparing how good we look or how effectively we train with another person can either drive us to propel our efforts off the charts—or bring our progress to a grinding halt.

By Skip La Cour

Is this a healthy approach to take when trying to improve? It could be. If you use someone else’s physical development as a driving force to help you train harder and eat better, it is an effective, empowering approach. That’s pretty obvious.

On the other hand, if seeing another person’s development and/or achievements in the gym discourages you, then you might really have some challenges. Frustration, becoming overwhelmed, and the desire to quit trying so hard could slowly overcome you. You’ll never live up to your true potential with this crippled mentality. And, when comparing yourself to less-accomplished individuals makes you complacent, you will run into problems as well. You’ll fall short of what you are truly capable of achieving. You may start settling for less after reaching a certain level just because it’s better than what most of those around you are accomplishing.

You see, the choice is yours on how you perceive the people around you. What’s most important is the manner in which you formulate what others do and don’t do in your own head. It’s very interesting how one person can affect another. Just as you probably have, I’ve seen it happen both ways a number of times. A person who motivates some people can be the very same person who discourages others. This is something you should take the time to think about. Oftentimes, we are not conscious of the affect other people have on our own efforts until a much later time.

There’s a fine line between holding yourself to high enough standards to make the most out of your abilities and being so tough on yourself that you suffer a mental meltdown.

I’ve witnessed many people who have accomplished a great deal with their bodies. They look great. The only problem is they fail to realize what they have done. One of the biggest tragedies in life is when a person is doing well—but creates so much frustration and discontent along the way because he or she fails to appreciate the success they have earned.

You’re not always being fair to yourself when comparing yourself to others.
    Everyone is blessed and cursed with different genetic and lifestyle factors. Nothing in life is necessarily fair. In every area of your life, this works both to your benefit and against you—but never does it happen just one way. There’s nothing to complain about because you have it better than some others. There’s nothing to get too excited about because there will always be people who are more gifted than you. The sooner you realize this, the better off you’ll be. Only then will you stop using such comparisons and instead just get to work on becoming the very best you can be.

On the other hand, if you feel using comparisons is helpful to you, be careful not to be too easy on yourself. Sure, you might be doing better than others but you will not be fulfilled until you feel you are honestly living up to your own true potential. Many people make the mistake of discounting the amount of effort more successful people have invested into their training practices and healthy lifestyle. That’s very easy to do—and it’s somewhat of a delusional path of least resistance. A person will have an extremely difficult time becoming the best they can be when taking this route.

There’s nothing necessarily wrong with using the other people when creating ambitious goals. But you must honestly assess where you are now compared to where you’d like to eventually be. More importantly, you must take the time to reflect upon and appreciate where you have evolved from. The chances are great that you are doing a lot better than you realize.

The truth of the matter, however, is that your success is never defined by how you measure up against others. The battle to become the best you can be will be fought internally with yourself—rather than externally with a war waged on others.

You must strive to become the best compared to you. Success is determined by the gap you create from where you began to where you are today. It’s the person who creates the biggest gap between where they started and where they are now with their training efforts that is truly the most successful.

Train Hard. Think Big.

1/2 Off Sale - Limited Time Offer - Audio Seminar Courses and Entire eBook Library

Click Here or Here

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #8 - September 5, 2012

"Skip Talks About '49 Days to Confidence', What He Loves About Podcasts, Some of the Stupid Things That Bother Him, and a Lot of Other Ramblings"

Click Here for the One-on-One Weekly Coaching Program I talked about in the podcast and Click Here for the Two-Session One-on-One "Goal Setting" Program.

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Podcasts You Missed

"What You Can Expect From This Weekly Podcast Created Just For This Bodybuilding.com Message Board"

"The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #1: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

"The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #2: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

"Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge Winner James "Canz" Canzanella Co-Hosts, Talks About the Challenge, and Shares His Future Plans"

"Dwite Tucker (aka Lex29us) joins Skip La Cour the Co-Host for This Week Podcast and "Volunteers" for Some Coaching"

"Don't Blow the Opportunities You've Worked Hard To Create By Only Going 90% of the Way There!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #7
    "Let's Add Some Entertainment To This Message Board With Some 'Big Brother' Advice About Life"

The Best and Worst Ways To Determine If You Are Losing Body Fat

Some people get frustrated when trying to lose body fat because they use unreliable methods to track their progress--especially when doing so in shorter periods of time. That frustration can lead to unnecessary changes in their plans. In this video, your Coach Skip La Cour discusses the best and worst ways to monitor your progress when you are trying to lose body fat.

The SECRETS of a Healthy and Physically Fit Person’s Mind

Mastering the Inner Game of Great Overall Health and a More Attractive Appearance

By Skip La Cour

The way you use your mind will determine the quality of your health and the way your body looks. The most effective eating and training strategies will not work for you if you do not have the right mindset. Healthy and physically fit people think much differently than those who struggle in this area of life.

Here are the winning mental principles the most healthy and physically fit people use to produce their amazing results.

1. Healthy and physically fit people view health and fitness as an important part of their life. Health is something they want in their life.

Those people who struggle in this area of their life are trying desperately not to be unhealthy or get fat.

2. Healthy and physically fit people want to “win” the challenge of being healthy and looking good.

People who struggle in this area of their life say they want to be healthy—but they are actually much more comfortable holding on tightly to their excuses. They are accustomed to “losing” in this area of their life and have learned to rationalize doing so. They would really rather enjoy the short term comforts of not exercising and eating whatever they want.

3. Healthy and physically fit people believe that being healthy and fit is a part of their identity. They see themselves as a person committed to their health and fitness—despite where they are at the time.

People who struggle in this area have a difficult time ever seeing themselves as healthy and fit—even when they are going through a period of time when they are eating well, exercising, and looking relatively fit.

4. Healthy and physically ffit people believe they can change or improve their habits when they’ve gotten off track. They are in control of their actions.

Those who struggle in this area of their life don’t believe they can change their habits. They do not feel in control. They chalk up their lack of success to not having enough “will power.”

5. Healthy and physically fit people believe they can change and improve their bodies—no matter what their body currently looks like. They are in control of what their body looks like.

People who struggle in this area of their life feel that it would be very difficult for their bodies to change—no matter how well they eat or how much they exercise. They do not control what their body looks like. They blame things like a slow metabolism or poor genetics for their health and fitness challenges.

6. Healthy and physically fit people believe there is indeed a way to make the changes they must—they just haven’t found them yet. They continually search for the strategy or series of strategies that will take them to the next level. They are confident that a more effective strategy is out there somewhere.

People who struggle in this area try one or two strategies and convince themselves they’ve “tried everything.” They give up and don’t even bother searching for more effective information.

7. Healthy and physically fit people focus on the necessary daily action steps—not just the end result. They understand that the result they want will eventually come when they execute the daily healthy habits they have outlined for themselves. They focus on having one great day of eating, one good workout, or even just one good food choice at a time.

People who struggle in this area can’t get themselves to do the little, daily things they must because they don’t see their value. They are too concerned with the end result. They get overwhelmed with what they see as the huge task of becoming healthy and fit.

8. Healthy and physically fit people know that health and fitness is a process that’s done over the long haul. They understand that health and fitness is a lifestyle. They see “good days” as just a part of the process—and don’t let themselves get complacent. They see the “bad days” as just a part of the process too—so they don’t stress out when they have them.

People who struggle in this area of their life have their emotions whipped up and down during the good times and bad times. The instability of their emotions prevents them from staying focused and staying on track.

9. Healthy and physically fit people organize their days to support a healthy lifestyle. They plan their meals in advance and go to bed at the appropriate time when they know they have to work out in the morning. If their life gets them off track—they do whatever it takes to not let their eating or workouts suffer. Health and fitness is that important to them.

People who struggle in this area let the smallest of life’s challenge get in the way of eating properly and working out. They even create more challenges for themselves by adding events in their life that will directly conflict with their health and fitness. They assume that everyone lives their life this way so they are baffled how people make eating right and exercising a part of their everyday life.

10. Healthy and physically fit people only strive to be the very best they can be. They don’t compare themselves to others. They appreciate their good attributes and accept their genetic limitations.

People who struggle in this area get frustrated with themselves because they unfairly compare themselves to other people or the way their bodies used to look or operate.

11. Healthy and physically fit people prioritize eating properly. They understand that over 80 percent of the way they look and feel will be determined by their eating habits.

People who struggle in this area of their life don’t understand the importance of good nutrition. They can’t understand why they can’t make improvements even though they exercise.

12. Healthy and physically fit people have standards. They know what those standards are (either consciously of subconsciously). They are always aware of how they are doing with those standards.

People who struggle in this area have no defined standards and have no clue whether they are on track to improve their health and physical appearance.

13. Healthy and physically fit people associate with healthy, fit people. They use the influence of other healthy, fit people to inspire them. They feel comfortable with healthy, fit people. They understand that they are the average of the people they associate with the most.

People who struggle in this area associate with other people who do not make health and fitness a part of their every day lifestyle. They are consciously or subconsciously influenced by the group they spend the most time with. They feel uncomfortable around healthy, fit people because it draws attention to this area of their life they do not have under control.

14. Healthy and physically fit people admire other healthy people and complement others on their accomplishments.

People who struggle in this area have a hard time being happy for those who have done well with their health and fitness. They look for reasons to not see the accomplishments as positive. They do their best to spin their attention to health and fitness into something negative.

15. Healthy and physically fit people accept compliments gracefully. They know they earn them—and are proud of what they’ve accomplished. They tell the universe they want even more! They appreciate what they’ve earned.

People who struggle in this area never really allow themselves to feel worthy of praise—even when they are doing well with their health and fitness. They are uncomfortable with praise and tell the universe they aren’t ready for continued success.

16. Healthy and physically fit people know they can be happy—and live a healthy lifestyle at the same time. It’s not an either or situation.

People who struggle in this area feel that, in order to be healthy and fit, you have to live a somewhat miserable life. They certainly don’t want to pay that hefty of a price to be healthy and look good and never consider the fact that it doesn’t have to be an either/or situation.

17. Healthy and physically fit people always strive to reach the next level—no matter how healthy they are now. They love the process of continual improvement.

People who struggle in this area see the road to good health and physical fitness as a “battle” that has to be fought every single day.

I will NOT let you down!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour

TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question chest flat bench

For chest BB exercise. what works better for muscle gain, 3/4 sets of 10 reps each by:
    (1) gradualy increasing the weight on every set
    OR
    (2) take the maximum weight and do as many reps possible each set?

Originally Posted by TZ75 View Post
    For chest BB exercise. what works better for muscle gain, 3/4 sets of 10 reps each by:
    (1) gradualy increasing the weight on every set
    OR
    (2) take the maximum weight and do as many reps possible each set?
    Is there a rep range you have in mind for option #2?

What if I could only do 1 rep with the "maximum weight"?

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Talk Radio Show and Podcast

9-9-12

What Do You Look For In A Fitness Expert and How Do You Want the Information Presented To You?

Instead of radomly searching the internet for bodybuilding and training information and hoping it is presented in an effective manner, figure out how you WANT it presnted in advance.

In this podcast, Skip La Cour helps you refine your search to meet your specific needs more efficiently.

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 09-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.

TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TZ75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Is there a rep range you have in mind for option #2?

What if I could only do 1 rep with the "maximum weight"?
    For option #2 I take the weight I can do many reps with and complete 3 sets trying to achieve 10 reps each time?

Originally Posted by TZ75 View Post
    For option #2 I take the weight I can do many reps with and complete 3 sets trying to achieve 10 reps each time?
    So, you do 10 reps either way?

If you can do 10 reps in a set, I wouldn't consider the weight you are using is "heavy."

usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100) usmarine313 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey skip, I know I'm not O35 but since your thread is stickied here it'd be easier to follow for my questions.

1) What type of routine do you recommend for people trying to maximize muscle gain in a bulking phase while they still are in the process of obtaining "Noob gains", Push/Pull, fullbody, etc.. And why would you recommend it?

2) I'm in the process of bulking, and I'm at the point to where i wanna add a little bit of junk into my macros to ensure I get the amount of calories I need to hit a surplus so I can stay in the 300-600 cal surplus range, like an IIFYM. Do you think it's wise? I'm currently 163 and plan on bulking to 185-190 and cutting down to a solid 170. As long as I get my macros in daily and gain my .5 - 1 lb of muscle a week I'm at the idgaf stage as far as adding junk to ensure I get a cal surplus.

Thanks alot brother!

Originally Posted by usmarine313 View Post
    Hey skip, I know I'm not O35 but since your thread is stickied here it'd be easier to follow for my questions.

1) What type of routine do you recommend for people trying to maximize muscle gain in a bulking phase while they still are in the process of obtaining "Noob gains", Push/Pull, fullbody, etc.. And why would you recommend it?

2) I'm in the process of bulking, and I'm at the point to where i wanna add a little bit of junk into my macros to ensure I get the amount of calories I need to hit a surplus so I can stay in the 300-600 cal surplus range, like an IIFYM. Do you think it's wise? I'm currently 163 and plan on bulking to 185-190 and cutting down to a solid 170. As long as I get my macros in daily and gain my .5 - 1 lb of muscle a week I'm at the idgaf stage as far as adding junk to ensure I get a cal surplus.

Thanks alot brother!
    I like that you have a plan in place. I'm not sure if it will actually work out as you have planned "on paper" but you will be headed in the right direction. Now, just execute your plan.

I have a question for you. Since so much of your plan revolves around your maintenance level of calories (i.e. 300-600 cal surplus range), how exactly do you come up with that number?

DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like that you have a plan in place. I'm not sure if it will actually work out as you have planned "on paper" but you will be headed in the right direction. Now, just execute your plan.

I have a question for you. Since so much of your plan revolves around your maintenance level of calories (i.e. 300-600 cal surplus range), how exactly do you come up with that number?
    Well skip.. Most people have said that the 300-600 surplus range is sufficient enough to ensure you gain weight but not too much weight. I want to ensure I gain weight and mass as efficiently as possible because I'm still in the noob stages of BB and I also understand during this stage you can relaly take off as far as lifting goes. But if it answers your question then I got that number just from the forums lol, many people have said that the range allows you to gain sufficient amount of weight without putting up to much mass.

EDIT: I'm usmarine313; Just got that account deactivated for several reasons.

Originally Posted by DuhGainz View Post
    Well skip.. Most people have said that the 300-600 surplus range is sufficient enough to ensure you gain weight but not too much weight. I want to ensure I gain weight and mass as efficiently as possible because I'm still in the noob stages of BB and I also understand during this stage you can relaly take off as far as lifting goes. But if it answers your question then I got that number just from the forums lol, many people have said that the range allows you to gain sufficient amount of weight without putting up to much mass.

EDIT: I'm usmarine313; Just got that account deactivated for several reasons.
    My question was how do you come up with your maintenance level? 300-600 above what? What's that exact number and how did you come up with it?

DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) DuhGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My question was how do you come up with your maintenance level? 300-600 above what? What's that exact number and how did you come up with it?
    I honestly don't know my maintenance level But I feel like I do eat at a surplus considering I am gaining weight. I'm still a beginner to this all and I have alot I need to learn. I just need help skip

Originally Posted by DuhGainz View Post
    I honestly don't know my maintenance level But I feel like I do eat at a surplus considering I am gaining weight. I'm still a beginner to this all and I have alot I need to learn. I just need help skip
    Ok. I understand. Most people just come up with a maintenance level that they pull off the internet.

That's a good start--but it is just a start. The process of finding your true maintenance level is a lot more complicated than that.

It takes trial and error--and time--if you want to maximize your potential.

What if you can "really" be eating 500 calories a day more than what your computer generated, based on averages maintenance level says? And, you "only" add 300 calories to that? What you believe is your surplus is really a deficit--and you'd never realize it. In addition, you are crating your macro requirements based off that computer generated, based on averages maintenance level.

Just some things to think about.

Work your plan.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #9 - September 12, 2012

"Two Hidden Downsides of the Structured Bodybuilding and Training Lifestyle"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #7

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #8
    "Skip Talks About '49 Days to Confidence', What He Loves About Podcasts, Some of the Stupid Things That Bother Him, and a Lot of Other Ramblings"

johnasjade has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am very skiny, and want to be a bit voluptuous.....

I guess that you can help me out for that....

“It’s simply impossible to be 100 percent certain that any new undertaking in life will be successful. That goes for any bodybuilding and training routine or eating plan as well. If you’re waiting for an absolute guarantee before you try anything new or even get started, that type of certainty will never come."

--Skip La Cour

Take a moment to CLICK HERE and answer my survey. I want to know which is your preferred way to have bodybuilding and training information delivered to you.

SUBSCRIBE to my page while you are there!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Talk Radio Show and Podcast

9-16-12

The Power of the Fundamentals; Things to Think About When Presented With Supporting Scientific Research

In this podcast, Skip La Cour helps you think your way through all the information presented and make sure it helps you reach your goals.

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

Click here to order

Speed of Repetitions During Each Set To Pack On Muscle

Your Coach Skip La Cour discusses the speed of your repetitions during each set and the cadence to count in your head to build muscle effectively, efficiently, and in the shortest period of time

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

Confidently Execute the Strategy You Have Chosen Because You WILL Benefit From It!

It can be really frustrating when you are getting results--but you are constantly told you are "doing it wrong." You should always be looking for more effective and efficient strategies--as long as you don't get so distracted that you don't commit to and follow through with any single plan.

No one who has mastered their bodybuilding and training efforts started out only using the "best" strategies. Everyone who has gone before you has had to go through some experimentation. One of the keys to their success is they persevered and eventually found the ones that work best for them. Your journey will be no different.

If your current training or eating strategy is working for you, execute it with confidence for a predetermined period of time. You will learn a lot through the process if you follow through. With the insight that you've gained through practical experience, you will have the ability to make wise decisions and adjustments later if needed.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

That Maintenance Level of Calories You've Pulled Off the Internet Is Only A Start To Finding Yours

If you want to lose body fat, bulk, or cut after you bulk, the FOUNDATION of your plan-of-attack is based upon your "maintenance level." That's the daily caloric intake that you will either add to, subtract from, and aim for each day depending on your goals.

Some people get extremely detailed and specific about the exact number of calories they must eat every day to build muscle or lose body fat but their extremely important foundation--their maintenance level--is built upon a mere "GUESSTIMATE" created by averages generated by a formula they got from the internet.

In this video, Skip La Cour explains why you must start with that number and then, through consistent execution over a period time, determine your TRUE maintenance level that is specific to your personal conditions.

Lose Body Fat - Don't Expect An Ambitious Cardio Program Alone to Help You Lose Body Fat!

Doing more and even more intense cardiovascular training is considered by many people to be the best way to lose body fat. In fact, the very first thing that many people do when trying to lose body fat is to pay more attention to cardiovascular training.

There's no doubt that cardiovascular training plays its part in the fat loss process. Burning more calories than you eat each day and creating that very important caloric deficit will be bolstered with a consistent cardio training program.

Cardiovascular training makes you feel productive because you can measure the amount of time and effort you invest in it and the amount of sweat that pours off of your body.

What many people fail to realize is that cardiovascular training is one only part of the equation. They oftentimes put far too much importance on cardio and the part in plays in the fat loss process.

When you want to lose body fat, your diet is significantly more important than cardiovascular training. That calorie deficit can be created more effectively and efficiently through better eating habits than by doing more cardio.

In this video, Skip La Cour discuss these important points that must be considered when you are trying to lose body fat.

Raise Your Standards!

By Skip La Cour

The word “standard” is defined as a level of quality or attainment. You know that level of effort in the gym that you demand you give and will not settle for anything less under any circumstances? Well, that’s the training standard that you’ve established for your performance in the gym. And that certain amount of extra body fat that motivates you to kick your eating habits and cardiovascular training into gear? That’s a standard that you’ve created for the way you feel you must look.

The standards we set for ourselves will determine the level of success we will enjoy. Many people may feel they are dedicated and hardworking, but everyone has different standards of what “dedicated” and “hardworking” mean to them.

If you want to make significant improvements to your physique sooner rather than later, you’ll probably need to raise the standards of what you expect from yourself—both inside and outside of the gym.

Many people who train feel they really want to take their bodies to a higher level of development. They believe they are committed, disciplined, and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve those improvements. Usually, their lack of desire, in their opinion, isn’t their problem.

What many of these ambitious people don’t realize, however, is that desire alone may not get the job done. And, simply doing what you’ve already been doing for a few more weeks; a few more months; or another year won’t necessarily help you achieve those “next level’ improvements either.

What you’ve done to get yourself to this level of physical development and performance in the gym has probably worked well for you. But if you are truly committed to taking the way your physique looks and your effectiveness in the gym to a higher level, the solution may be for you to raise your standards. You must build upon what you already do well and expect even a little bit more out of yourself.

Now, I know that many of us truly believe we are working hard, but working hard at a set of standards that aren’t quite high enough to meet the ambitious goals you desire is not an intelligent or effective approach.

What do I mean by “raise your standards”? Well, for example, let’s talk about building more muscle mass. We all know how important eating our meals on a consistent basis is as we strive to pack-on more muscle, right? If you’re eating six meals a day right now, you may need to budget into your schedule another one for a total of seven well-timed eating sessions. If you want to improve, you must do so despite any challenges you may face because of an overloaded work or school schedule. Eating six meals a day might be better than most of your friends, but if you want to make improvements, another one every single day might be the strategy that finally helps you achieve greater gains.

If you want to carry less body fat, and your current standard is to adhere to a structured, disciplined bodybuilding diet five days during the week, you may need to become a little stricter. You must raise your standards if the ones you now have are not getting you where you want to be. Instead of allowing yourself to relax a little from your plan to enjoy some not-so-healthy, delicious foods on the weekends, you may have to eliminate one of your “cheat days.” You may need to allow yourself only one cheat day out of every seven days each week to lose that extra body fat.

Nothing in life that’s really worth achieving comes easily. It doesn’t matter what you think other people can get away with and still reach their goals. I’m talking about what it takes for you to make the improvements you want. And, no matter how difficult it may seem to do more than you’re already doing, you simply must raise your standards if you want to achieve goals that are higher than those you’ve already achieved.

The difference between a person who has earned an outstanding physique and the person with an average one almost always comes down to the standards they’ve set for themselves. They follow through with those higher standards and follow through with them on a day-to-day, week-to-week, and month-to-month basis. The people with the best physiques simply expect more out of themselves. There’s a saying that says, the tougher you are on yourself, the easier life becomes.

It’s their higher standards that have led to their success—not because they are “lucky” or have been blessed with amazing genetics. Whatever you do, please don’t listen to those negative, disgruntled, mediocre people in your gym who want you to believe that nonsense. You’ll be destined for stagnation—just like they are.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM250 on Bodybuilding.com