Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats on the job. Wow, life is busy busy! How do you deal with all the chaos???

I made my hubby go get "snipped" after my "surprise" baby 4 years ago...tell him is a piece of cake...or rather a bag of frozen peas for a couple of days and then he's good to go. LOL@

Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Congrats on the job. Wow, life is busy busy! How do you deal with all the chaos???

I made my hubby go get "snipped" after my "surprise" baby 4 years ago...tell him is a piece of cake...or rather a bag of frozen peas for a couple of days and then he's good to go. LOL@
    Thanks! Well today I dealt with the chaos with a tootsie roll and a handful of pretzels Gotta go grocery shopping!

Were you the one who was prepping for a show and found out you were pregnant after you couldn't figure out why your weight wasn't going down? I remember that happening to someone back when I had the journal a lot time ago. I remember that person had a 18 year old at the time and I remember thinking, WOW! That would be crazy but I'm sure you wouldn't trade it for the world. I think he's ready to get it done though. He and I both are stressed out about even the thought of another child I would go nuts if someone said, you're pregnant - EVER again!
    I want to be the best.

Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Adela777 View Post
    Congrats! Wow, that is exciting news! I cant imagine how insane this mix up will be for a few weeks while you all adjust. Dont be too hard on yourself during this time. Just do the best you can, because you have a million things being juggled all at once! I dont know how you do it!

lol @ the hubs getting snipped. Ouchie!
    thanks! yeah, I'm sure it will be crazy until we can get adjusted, but then I think it will be wonderful! (let's hope anyway) I think I'm going to do my best and set the alarm for early tomorrow and try to get to the gym for legs before work. It will be a close call, but I think I can do it if I get up extra early. I think it will help me mentally too. I feel extra lazy for not doing anything the last two days! And I really need to de-stress by lifting heavy stuff
    I want to be the best.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ivey_Itch View Post
    Thanks! Well today I dealt with the chaos with a tootsie roll and a handful of pretzels Gotta go grocery shopping!

Were you the one who was prepping for a show and found out you were pregnant after you couldn't figure out why your weight wasn't going down? I remember that happening to someone back when I had the journal a lot time ago. I remember that person had a 18 year old at the time and I remember thinking, WOW! That would be crazy but I'm sure you wouldn't trade it for the world. I think he's ready to get it done though. He and I both are stressed out about even the thought of another child I would go nuts if someone said, you're pregnant - EVER again!
    Yup! That was me! Can't believe you remember that......my older girls are now soon to be 23 and 21...and I have a 3 yr old grand-daughter. I would not trade him for anything ...but at the time I thought my life was over...but its all good
    Last edited by ms_mac; 02-29-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Cheesecake recipe

I got this from the nutrition forum - there's a whole huge thread on it, but here is the recipe:

Protein Cheesecake: 2:1 Ratio P/C
    I like things that taste good.

Macro's: 834 calories; 123g Protein, 63g Carbs, 10g Fat

12oz - Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    10oz - F age 0% Fat Free Greek Yogurt
    2 whole eggs
    3/4 Cup - Granulated Splenda
    1/4 Cup - 1% Milk
    1.25 Scoop - Trutein Vanilla Protein (42.5g)
    1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
    1/4 tsp - Kosher salt

Directions: All ingredients at room temperature.

1. Preheat Oven to 325 - Prepare 6" cake pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper in the bottom.
    2. Cream Cheese in mixer - mix on medium until creamy - scrape sides of bowl down.
    3. Add splenda - mix on medium until incorporated - scrape sides of bowl down.
    4. Add eggs one at a time while on medium. Again...scrape.
    5. Add the rest of the ingredients - mix on medium for 3 minutes.
    6. Pour in pan - extra batter in mouth - yum.
    7. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Turn oven to 200 for 50min - 1 hour. Remove and let cool on the counter. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.

The 6" pan is important, I've had friends try it with a retarded glass pie plate and it was an epic failure simply because the cooking times need to be adjusted for different pans and cake thicknesses. If you don't have a 6" pan, buy one, or you need to remove the cheesecake when it's 155 degrees in the center. I use this pan, http://www.amazon.com/Parrish-Magic-...pr_product_top

Adding flavors are pretty simple...want chocolate? Add in 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and replace the milk with 1/4 cup brewed coffee (or milk will still work).

Changing macros is easy by either adding a crust of Graham Crackers, Oreos or animal crackers. If you add a crust, omit the parchment paper. Toppings are as creative as you want to get.

Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Yup! That was me! Can't believe you remember that......my older girls are now soon to be 23 and 21...and I have a 3 yr old grand-daughter. I would not trade him for anything ...but at the time I thought my life was over...but its all good
    lol, I don't know how I remember, but I just do. I think I was pregnant with my son at the time and it stuck out for that reason I have a lot of random, useless information floating around in my head, lol.

thanks for the recipe and tips! I figured there were recipes online, but I wanted to use the one you like, since I know you like it...and you look awesome Anything with ***e yogurt is going to be a win. I could eat that stuff ALL DAY. I like to mix a little splenda in it to make it sweet, so good!
    I want to be the best.

Woke up at 5:40 on my own this morning. I just woke up pumped ready to go, didn't need the alarm Got to the gym, got my leg workout done So today, I got schooled by a, I'd guess, 65ish year old gym, on where to keep the weight on my squats...talk about embarrassing! He said that I'm holding the bar too high up, more on my neck than my back. He told me to pull my elbows back more, bunch up my back muscles and put the bar lower on the ball of back muscle. He didn't tell me this until I was all done with my set, but I got back to the rack and positioned myself like he said. felt a little akward, but I think he's right. I think I have been holding it up too high, so thanks for the advice, but totally embarrassing! I might add that I've never had any formal training, just learned everything on my own, so any advice is welcome. I was focusing on making sure my knees weren't going over my toes and didn't even think about my back maybe my squats will go up soon with this new info Just REALLY glad I got to the gym!

My size 6 work pants that I just exchanged are already getting baggy, which is a miracle because my diet has been less than perfect for a few days now...main focus is making sure my protein is still up
    I want to be the best.

Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ha! I remember Ms Mac too. Different avi now.

From what I can tell, he gave you some good advice. I rest the bar on my traps, look ahead ...not at the ceiling.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
    Confucius

Ha! I remember Ms Mac too. Different avi now.
    Seriously? Did you have a different user name or something? I can't believe people still remember that!!

Wow, these last few days SUCKED! Friday husband got the vasectomy during tornado warnings. Luckily, we were okay, but there was a lot of damage to near by areas. We live in Alabama. It's seriously time to move. Our house has been fine the last two times the larger tornadoes hit, but my mom and dad live about 40 minutes away and both times, the town has been hit hard. They have managed to be fine both times, but the city the live in has been hit hard, twice in one year. I think we are honestly going to plan to move back to Florida. My parents will move where ever we move (can't stay away from the grandkids), and they are up for it too. New plan is to get the house ready to sell soon. It would be great to move within a year.

Friday, missed working out Chest/Shoulders/Triceps due to taking husband to dr. and tornadoes. Also, husband had to lay flat Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I got stuck taking care of all three kids and him all weekend long without a break. I'm exhausted. The in-laws decided to come up this coming Saturday instead, due to weather. Diet was HORRIBLE. H O R R I B L E. I weighed Friday morning and I was down to 142.9 (down a 1.5 lbs I think) and then this weekend I ate pretty much junk the entire weekend Back on it today. No more excuses. I got to the gym this morning for back/biceps, but I didn't get to do 20 minutes of cardio/tanning because I have so much freaking work to do it's not even funny. I spent all morning working and still have 3-4+ hours of work to do when the kids go to bed. I seriously just want to scream. Stressed to the max...and I'm not even FT yet! I wish I were, it would be easier! Kids aren't going to start Daycare until after our vacation. Planned a vacation a while back with my best friend and we decided to start them at daycare after that, so they will start in about 2 weeks. So much I need to do and I can't do it until the kids are in bed tonight. So ready for daycare, but I can't justify starting them in daycare just yet, when my mom is off some this week and can keep them and then half of next week they'd be out because of vacation. STILL no word from HR about FT. Just what my boss said last week. I'm going to be stressed until HR makes the formal offer. Oh and husband isn't supposed to lift anything heavier than a phone book all week, so guess who still has to do most of the work around the house until then... Sorry for the rant. It's just been one of those crazy times.

Back/Biceps were deads, db row, wide grip pull downs, weighted back extensions, db curls, hammer curls.
    I want to be the best.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Florida?? Hopefully inland?? On the coast, there are HURRICANES, plus the cost of flood insurance will eat you alive.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    Florida?? Hopefully inland?? On the coast, there are HURRICANES, plus the cost of flood insurance will eat you alive.
    We lived in Pensacola right after college. We liked it, but at the time, houses were way too expensive. With the housing market now, there are actually a lot of nice affordable homes in the area. We are interested in moving back around that area. We could even live in Alabama still, but close to the border. I miss my friends in that area too and I really miss the beach. My friends and I also had babies at the same time, so it would be great to gettogether with friends and have the kids all play together. Yes, there were hurricanes, but at least with hurricanes you get an advanced warning. I guess there is really no "safe" place to live, but I'm seriously getting tired of every storm coming with tornadoes.

Back on track diet wise. No cardio today, didn't have time with having an early work appointment. I'm thinking about doing Chest/Shoulders/Triceps tomorrow, followed by cardio, then Thursday doing cardio, Friday Legs, saturday rest, and sunday cardio, then gettting back to my regular routine on Monday. I think I'll end up doing that so I get in everything. Tomorrow is normally legs, but I like to give my legs a rest day the following day. Today has been a lot better overall, so yay!
    I want to be the best.

Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Firstly, Im glad you all are ok. I would want to move too We dont get that stuff in WA....only that pesky volcano lol.

OMG lady..you sound overwhelmed...and rightly so.

All I can say is that I hope day care makes life a little more manageable for you.
    Albert Einstein

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
    Confucius

Firstly, Im glad you all are ok. I would want to move too We dont get that stuff in WA....only that pesky volcano lol.

OMG lady..you sound overwhelmed...and rightly so.

All I can say is that I hope day care makes life a little more manageable for you.
    thanks I'm sure daycare will help, If i can ever get the kids in it! hurry up march 19th!
    I want to be the best.

Got to the gym early, did chest/shoulders/triceps, 20 minutes of interval cardio on elliptical, 20 minutes tanning

Workout was DB Press, Machine Chest Flyes (I don't know what to call it really), Arnold Press, Lateral Raises, Bench Dips, Rope Pushdowns.

Kids are driving me crazy today and lots of work to do when they go to bed Hopefully after tonight work will slow down and I can focus on the house since the in-laws are coming up Saturday. I hate cleaning.
    I want to be the best.

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just saying hi! It's getting busy/crazy/stressful for everyone.

How was the in-laws visit? And getting all the work done? Good luck with everything!

Checking in...hope all is going ok?
    Albert Einstein

Confucius

Thanks for checking in on me Things went from Crazy to INSANE. It's been non-stop 24/7 since my last entry. In-laws didn't come up because the kids got sick and they are sick AGAIN. We went on our vacation to the mountains and got home LATE Sunday night. My diet was horrible during the vacation and slightly before it too Just so busy, not preparing foods like I should and then bam, crap for food. Exercise has been almost non-existent these past two weeks, which is REALLY pissing me off. I wasn't able to work out right before vacation because of the absolute insane amount of stuff going on with work/kids. I finally got a formal job offer, which I accepted, but it turns out, I have to turn in my work computer two weeks prior to starting as FT, so I can get another computer?!? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but basically, I'm going to be "unemployed" for about two weeks before I go FT SUCKS. I'm going to get my ass back at it hardcore during those two weeks since I don't have any excuses! Anyway, I didn't know I'd have to turn in my computer and thought I could work like normal up until I converted to FT. My boss asked me prior if I could work more the last week of March because some people are going on leave, I said sure, no problem. WELL now I have to be done with EVERYTHING by March 30th, so I can turn in my computer in time. I'm getting slammed with work and I'll be working the entire weekend. I'll probably be working until March 30th without a break i have no idea when I'll get in the gym again. I went on Tuesday, after vacation and tried to do back/biceps. I got extremely shaky, about to pass out, so I left early. I was only able to do wide grip pulldowns, deadlifts and a few T-bar rows. I seriously think it was the BCAA's making me shaky. Every time I take BCAA tabs, I get jittery. I have no clue why, but I do and they are the only thing different when I get that way. I weighed this morning and even with the lack of exercises, crappy eating, I'm at 142.2, which is the lowest I've been since I started this go round. Makes me nervous because that's got to be muscle leaving These last three days my diet has been clean though. I'm doing my best to keep the protein maxed out. Kids are fighting now and I've got to go. SO ready for a freaking break!
    I want to be the best.

So today was the day I completed my "transformation challenge". I went ahead and took pics and even though they are horrible, I still posted them to my profile. It's not were I wanted to be at this point, but considering the last three weeks or so have been almost COMPLETELY off with exercise and diet for the most part. I guess it could be worse. I haven't been to the tanning bed either since then, and it shows too. I went out and did my work, got home just in time for my husband to take pics before he had to leave for work, and then I took over kid duty. I am so ready for this hell week to be over. This has been a horrible week with work. I've literally been working from sun up to sun down, and later. If everything goes as planned, I'll be all done Friday/Saturday. I'm going to get back to diet/exercise hard starting that Monday. Back to calculating, back to going to the gym/carido. I feel like such a fat ass for not being able to go for so long Oh well. It's just one of those things. I should be off work for 2 weeks and then April 16th, start FT and the kids will start daycare. I think things will be so much easier then. I can tell my diet has been crap lately, i feel totally different than before. I eat pretty good one day, and then the next day I just forget to eat or don't get a break and the next thing I know I'm eating whatever. I haven't given up though, just been a little derailed.
    I want to be the best.

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey! Glad you posted, but yuck at everything that is going on. I bet you are looking forward to the two weeks off from work. What about body-weight excercises at home? Pushups/squats/planks etc..

I thought your pictures looked really good - definetly lost fat since January. I loved the red suit and the haircut. Looked very good together. Do you still want to diet?

Hope everything is okay? I know you're extremely busy...just checkin' on ya