Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Adela777 View Post
    Oh man, Im sorry you dont like your cut It will grow out.
    That happened to me 2 years ago...Way too short, and I hated it.

The way you described it really had me laughing! At least hes a pretty boy

Do you have a Ross or Marshalls type place where you live? I get good deals on bras there, as they have a lot of 'odd' sizes. Joys of being female and small chested.

I hope you feel better soon lady, maybe the new clothes will help!
    Haha, yeah, let's hope it grow out fast! I think the biggest problem I have is that I have thick hair. I mean, REALLY thick hair. It's making it really "poofy". I don't think I would mind it so much if it didn't poof, but it's just not working right now. I'm hoping after I sleep on it all night, it will go down some. I played around with it some and I think if I can get some hair clips that don't look like they belong to a 3rd grader, I might be able to make it more, i'm not sure...less poofy?! lol I think something like a single bobby pin, with a small, not flashy, decoration on it, might help me pull back one side of the bangs and make it work. At least, that's what I'm going to hope for, for now. I also considered going back and just telling them to damn near cut it all off.. (think Halle Berry short) but I'm scared I'll end up worse!

The clothes came in today. All the tops look great. I ordered three pairs of pants, two 8's and one 10. I didn't want to order them too small. Well, the 8's are actually baggy. The fit because they drop down low on my hips, but I'm not sure if a 6 will fit. I didn't even attempt to try on the size 10 pair. I figured I'd keep one size 8, unless I get to the store and the 6's fit much better, and then I'd change the other two pants out for other sizes or for some more tops. At least I can wear one of the pairs of size 8's to work in now and have cute, professional looking tops to match

There is a Ross store (I think, it might be Marshall's) not too far from my house. I'll have to go by tomorrow and check out the bras! I found some at kohls online for $25 a piece, but they only had one choice and I'm not sure it I would like it or not. thanks for the tip!

One thing that makes me feel better is that when I weighed this morning, I went down to 145.1, so that puts me down 13.4 lbs since 11/11/11 I'm just glad the damn scale moved off of 147. Oooh, I bet if I weighed tomorrow I'd be even smaller since all my hair is gone! lol

Cardio was 20 minutes Zumba on the Wii. I WILL NOT be taking any Zumba classes. Thank goodness no one was around to see my very uncoordinated attempt at it!
    I want to be the best.

Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    okay, so I'm really really NOT liking my hair I thought I would like it more by now, but I'm not feeling it. It's making me feel so self-conscious. I don't mind the shortness, but it's these huge poofy non-working with me bangs that are killing me. I'm seriously considering this. I think this would cut down all the bulk of my hair and then the freaking bangs would be out of my way and not sticking up in the air Any opinions?
    Attached Images
    I want to be the best.

So, after sitting on my ass and whining about my hair all night I figured one of two things would happen. I could continue to whine and feel like crap about my hair when there are people in this world who are facing with REAL problems, not petty superficial stuff like hair...OR I could get off my ass and do my workout. Thankfully, I wised up and did option 2. Didn't make it to the gym this morning, which sucked, but my house had things that had to be done that could only be done while both me and my husband were home, so that took priority unfortunately. BUT I did just get done with a pretty awesome chest/shoulder/triceps workout. So anyway, workout done. This helped motivate me http://pinterest.com/pin/106327241172004036/
    I want to be the best.

Today is a GREAT day! I went to target this morning to see what I could find to try to fix my hair and I bought some bobby pins and a scarf. Guess what? I FREAKING LOVE MY HAIR NOW! lol Turns out, if I wrap it up in a scarf, it looks super cute! thank goodness!! so happy about that! I was so paranoid while I was out shopping. I kept expecting people to look at me and do a double take at the hair, but no one did. My dad just came over and I had my hair in the scarf. He said it looks great and also couldn't believe how much smaller I am He's brutally honest too, so if he thought it looked bad, he would have told me. AND, thanks to the great advice I got about checking Ross for bras (THANK YOU!), I found a bra! YAY! Last 38A on the rack, but I got it! So I'm very happy today. here's a pic with the scarf!
    Attached Images
    I want to be the best.

Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh! I love the pics!

IMHO dont go shorter if you dont like it now. The awkward grow out phase is much longer then. BUT IF you find you like it, then go for it. I really like it with the scarf.
    I will say getting ready with short hair was nice...wham bam! Now it takes 30 mins or so just for hair...not even fancy hair...just dry and straightened.

Good on you for getting to the gym. Most people realllyyyyy dont care about your hair lol...we are all a little self focused, especially in the gym. If Im wrong...well...let me know

Hope you have a great day.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
    Confucius

Oh! I love the pics!

IMHO dont go shorter if you dont like it now. The awkward grow out phase is much longer then. BUT IF you find you like it, then go for it. I really like it with the scarf.
    I will say getting ready with short hair was nice...wham bam! Now it takes 30 mins or so just for hair...not even fancy hair...just dry and straightened.

Good on you for getting to the gym. Most people realllyyyyy dont care about your hair lol...we are all a little self focused, especially in the gym. If Im wrong...well...let me know

Hope you have a great day.
    Oh yeah, I'm not touching the hair! As long as I like it with the scarf, it can stay lol, yeah, my hair doesn't mean anything to anyone else, just don't want to be laughed at Feeling confident now though! I posted the full body pic on ******** (which has no recent pics of me on it) and all my friends are telling me how great I look! It makes me feel so good to know that other people are seeing the changes I am AND it feels great not to be hiding from the camera. I don't have many pics of me with the kids because I've always hated the way I look in pics. That's one of the things that really motivated me to get back into this. I want pics of me and my babies. I would hate for something to happen to me and them not have any pics of us together because I feltI too fat to have pics taken. Not anymore! I still have a long ways to go, but I'm getting there!
    I want to be the best.

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow, missed all the action. I like the cut and the color! I'm glad you gave it a few days - always feels a little wierd immediatly after changing something. You must have cut quite a bit off!

Nice job on the weight loss too!

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    Wow, missed all the action. I like the cut and the color! I'm glad you gave it a few days - always feels a little wierd immediatly after changing something. You must have cut quite a bit off!

LOL, yeah, I had a mini freakout, but it's all good now It was about shoulder length when I cut it, but it is chopped short now. It's literally like a guys haircut on the back, so it will take a while to get back there. But I'm really enjoying it for now.*

Nice job on the weight loss too!
    Thanks!
    I want to be the best.

Busy today! Back/Biceps followed by 20 minutes interval cardio on the elliptical.
    Did Wide Grip Pulldowns, Deadlifts, Tbar Rows, Good Mornings, Bicep Curls, Hammer Curls. Good workout!
    I want to be the best.

Another crazy day. Kids are driving me nuts today. Husband has to work He bought me a dozen roses and a card. I found them when I woke up I did cardio this morning at home on the treadmill, 22 minutes of speed walking/jogging/running on a level 8 incline. I'll do core stuff tonight when the house is quiet. Diet this week has been off. I've only eaten my "normal" clean foods, but I haven't stuck to the plan. Just kind of eating the foods that I'm in the mood for (which is usually either tuna, chicken or protein shake) every few hours. I'll weight tomorrow to see how it's going. I need to get back on the "plan" so I know exactly how many calories I'm getting. I'm sure my calories are around where they need to be. I don't feel like I'm going over. It's pretty much something like, okay, I want chicken, so I eat 4 oz chicken, sweet potato, broccoli or salad, and possibly some nuts depending on how much fat i've had in the other meals. Okay...screaming kids...gotta go!
    I want to be the best.

Another long day! Husband is off work today, yay, so I got to go out and work all day. I got so much done! Enough that I finished up all my work and we can go have a family day out tomorrow Weight this morning was 144.7, so it was down a little, but not enough to really count. Diet today was pretty off because I ended up being away from home way too long. Nothing bad in the diet, just bad timing. Tomorrow will be off because we'll be going out of town, but Friday I'll make sure to get back on the plan I made. This morning was Legs. I did Leg Extensions, Leg Press, Walking Lunges, Hamstring Curls, SLDL, seated and standing calves. Neck is really sore. I don't know if I did something around the house that messed it up or if I did something on back day. It didn't start hurting until yesterday before bed, so I didn't get a lot of sleep. Anyway, more work tonight and family time! Tomorrow is rest day, but I doubt I'll get any rest
    I want to be the best.

So...let's just say yesterday was a "bulking" day We took the kids to a science center, which is two hours away, ended up getting way too hungry. We ended up eating at a pizza place that uses the stone ovens to cook. Too many calories for sure, but oh well. Back to it today I'm following my plan as scheduled now. No more guesstimating. I'm not sure if I'll do chest/shoulders/triceps today or tomorrow. Today is the day it's supposed to happen, but we have to take a dog to the vet this morning so I'm not sure if I can get to the gym in time. I might do cardio at home today and then go to the gym tomorrow for chest/shoulders/triceps and cardio. I'll just have to see. I could always do it at home tonight, but I'm kind of wanting to switch a few things up and use some gym equipment other than dumbbells this time.
    I want to be the best.

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ivey_Itch View Post
    I'm kind of wanting to switch a few things up and use some gym equipment other than dumbbells this time.
    Sounds exciting. What do you have in mind? I'm thinking of dropping BB Bench for pushups

Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adela777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BB rows, good mornings, kettle bells...oooohhhh the possibilities!

I miss the ropes and giant tires of my old gym, the squash courts at the YMCA, and all the other cool equipment. *drools*

I hope life slows down so that you can squeek in a workout!! Busy lady for sure!
    Albert Einstein

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
    Confucius

Sounds exciting. What do you have in mind? I'm thinking of dropping BB Bench for pushups
    I'm not sure. I'm just kind of getting tired of pretty much only using DB's on the chest/shoulders/triceps days. I've started doing assisted dips, but I need more variety. Push-ups would be good to do. I suck at those anyway

BB rows, good mornings, kettle bells...oooohhhh the possibilities!

I miss the ropes and giant tires of my old gym, the squash courts at the YMCA, and all the other cool equipment. *drools*
    Oh that sounds fun! The gym I go to has all the machines/free weights, but none of the more "old school" stuff. That would be so fun though.

Work-outs have been as scheduled, with the exception of that make up cardio session. I never got to make it up. I didn't get to sit down until after 9:30 the night I was going to do it and at that point I was tired and didn't want to get hyped up before bed (spent the day cleaning house). Super busy lately. I found out the local daycare does work with people and the lady I spoke with said they can do part time care, but I have to find out more details from the director. She was on leave when I called. She's supposed to call back. Let's hope I can get the kids in daycare for three days a week. That would be freaking awesome! get them in, work more, make more money, have a little more time to clean the house without it getting destroyed immediately...oh, to dream
    I want to be the best.

Legs this morning. Good workout. Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Plie Squats, Standing Calves, Seated Calves. I have so much going on in my head right now, mainly about my career. Applied for a FT position, but not sure if that's what I really want or if I will get the $ I asked for. Kids will be going to daycare three days a week starting in about 2 weeks That will be awesome. The thing is, if I'm FT, I'll be working WAY more, but I if I stay a contractor, but work a little more, I'll still make more, BUT I'll still have a lot of time to do things, like grocery shop, clean house, workout, take the kids to dr. appointments...AND I won't have to travel away from home every now and then, for 3-4 weeks at a time.... I'm just so confused. Really confused. I'm just going to stop worrying about it. If they offer me the position FT at what I asked for, I'll take it. If they don't, I won't. Simple really.... okay, not really, but that's what I'm going to go with... I hate being confused!
    I want to be the best.

Oh dear. Now I feel dumb for complaining about my own house being messy no matter how much I try to keep it clean. Im a bit obsessive, and it drives me crazy how fast things go to hell. Got two cats and two birds, both species create big messes, and a hubs who is polar opposite to me in terms of cleanliness.
    Throw in 3 kiddos... Woman! I dont know how you are sane!

Also the fact that you are able to get into a job offer-situation that fast is remarkable! Good for you!

You are wise to play it by ear. Dont worry about things out of your control, I tell myself this too, because its going to happen anyway and the only thing you can control is your reaction to the outcome. <--sounds good on paper

Good luck either way!
    Albert Einstein

Confucius

KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just found this journal after starting my own. Subbed!

Great job so far!! I definitely know the challenges of balancing kids/healthy lifestyle and give you huge props for doing it with three! I only have one, even if she is a handful.

Oh dear. Now I feel dumb for complaining about my own house being messy no matter how much I try to keep it clean. Im a bit obsessive, and it drives me crazy how fast things go to hell. Got two cats and two birds, both species create big messes, and a hubs who is polar opposite to me in terms of cleanliness.
    Throw in 3 kiddos... Woman! I dont know how you are sane!

Also the fact that you are able to get into a job offer-situation that fast is remarkable! Good for you!

You are wise to play it by ear. Dont worry about things out of your control, I tell myself this too, because its going to happen anyway and the only thing you can control is your reaction to the outcome. <--sounds good on paper

Good luck either way!
    The problem is me and the husband are both pretty crappy house keepers, which is even worse! We just get to the point where we just don't care and the house go to crap really quick. I mean, we do try to keep it up, but it's just kind of a lost cause. If I don't do dishes and laundry EVERY single day (sometimes twice), it looks like a bomb went off. Some days I just don't have the energy though and it just gets really bad. I wish at least one of us was more of a neat freak. We get to where we can't stand it and then we'll spend our days off together cleaning non-stop for a few days. It just would be so freaking nice if I could just have one day a week dedicated to doing all the stuff that gets neglected normally. We have a lot of pets too, so that doesn't help either we have 4 outside dogs, 2 more that are sometimes inside/outside, 1 outside rabbit, 3 guinea pigs in a MASSIVE habitat that takes forever to clean, and two outside cats...oh yeah, and a pot belly pig..and some fish..lol We used to have goats/chickens, but when i was pregnant with #3, they were just too much trouble to deal with. I'd love to get more, but we'll have to rebuild a fence and stuff like that.

On the job, I already do work for the company, but as a contractor, so I'm basically on a contract agreement with them, and not an actual employee. This would make me an actual employee. Just not sure what will be best. I'm kind of scared I might end up running out of work as a contractor because they are hiring more people, and when it comes to work, if there is not enough, contractors don't get work I just don't want to end up with no work..but that might not happen...hard to tell!

thanks for the good luck, I need it
    I want to be the best.

Originally Posted by KikiD22 View Post
    Just found this journal after starting my own. Subbed!

Great job so far!! I definitely know the challenges of balancing kids/healthy lifestyle and give you huge props for doing it with three! I only have one, even if she is a handful.
    Thanks! yeah, they are a handful for sure! I'm just excited daycare is going to work with us and do PT care. I figured that would NEVER happen! Happy dance! lol
    I want to be the best.

Okay, want to post this so I don't lose it! http://roughstrength.com/bodyweight-and-environment/ some exercises I REALLY want to be able to do one day
    I want to be the best.

We have a lot of pets too, so that doesn't help either we have 4 outside dogs, 2 more that are sometimes inside/outside, 1 outside rabbit, 3 guinea pigs in a MASSIVE habitat that takes forever to clean, and two outside cats...oh yeah, and a pot belly pig..and some fish..lol We used to have goats/chickens, but when i was pregnant with #3, they were just too much trouble to deal with. I'd love to get more, but we'll have to rebuild a fence and stuff like that.
    That is a lot!

Okay, want to post this so I don't lose it! http://roughstrength.com/bodyweight-and-environment/ some exercises I REALLY want to be able to do one day
    this site looks pretty cool.

That is a lot!
    Yeah, I'm an animal lover for sure All the dogs were prior to the kids though. I wouldn't have so many if i didn't already have them!

These last few days have been crazy once again. Thursday was work. Friday me and my husband got to have a day out while my mom kept the kids. Main reason was so we could go do our taxes, but we also got to go exchange my clothes I ordered from NY & Co. a few weeks ago. I can wear a 6 and they are only a little tight on my butt (may have just been the underwear I was wearing). I tried some straight leg pants, but my thighs are so large they looked Crazy! lol It took me forever go get a few more shirts for work. Everything was either WAY too low cut or what would fit me in the chest/waist would be way too tight on my arms...I forgot about all these problems from before when it comes to clothes, but I was able to find a few more shirts and trade in my pants

Anyway, I've gotten all the exercise in, except for today's cardio. I'll do it tonight when the kids go to bed. My husband and I had a groupon to go horseback riding this morning and luckily my mom (best mom in the world BTW) offered to keep the kids so we could use it before it expires. It was freaking cold, but fun! I haven't rode a horse since I was like 8-9, and that was only like 1-2 times at a friends house. I didn't realize how physical it really is. You have to keep your weight on your toes, toes pointed down - heels up, extremely straight back, it was a workout itself! (and I hope everything I typed was right, that's what the dude told us to do, lol) My core was definitely engaged for about 2 hrs.

Diet has been...okay, i guess. Not as planned. Not horrible. I've had a lot of subway lately. At least a sub a day since Thursday but I think I'm done now I also ate with the husband at Ruby Tuesday and stuck with the sirloin, broccoli and 1 trip to the salad bar (with no crap on the salad). 1 trip to the salad bar is a real accomplishment for me, lol. I love my salad bars.

Anyway, diet could have been better, but it could have been WAY worse. No "sugars" or sweet treats

So lately, I've been looking at the mirror and I almost feel like I'm getting too small. Don't get me wrong, i have a lot of fat on me still, but I'm shrinking a lot. I'm not sure if I like that. I want to be solid. I don't want to end up really tiny like I did last time. I'm at 144.4 (or at least I was a few days ago) and I'd like to stick around that weight, but I don't want to stay "fat" either. I want to be solid. Not sure what I need to do about this ?? No word on the job yet, so that's driving me crazy. Second thoughts about the daycare, might check out one other....not sure yet. I wish I'd hear something about the job soon though.
    I want to be the best.

Today was back/biceps, followed by 20 minutes of cardio, intervals on the elliptical.
    Did Wide Grip Pull Downs, Deads, Seated Row, Weighted Back Extensions, DB Curls, Hammer Curls.

Now rethinking daycares.. the one will provide PT daycare, but won't provide any meals/snacks (which adds up when you have three kids). I will have to pay a lump sum on the first of every month. Stays open until 5:30.

The other daycare will not provide PT care, only FT, but they provide all meals/snacks. Can pay every week and stays open to 6. BUT it costs $350 more per month, BUT that's two more days a week AND food provided. I don't plan on sending the kids EVERY day, but this would give me the option of sending them everyday if I needed to for work reasons. Also, they stay open until 6, which is a real benefit because the other closes at 5:30. I don't plan on keeping the kids there that long, but if my husband was to finally find a day job (works 2nd shift now), this would give him time to pick them up from daycare in the event I have to travel with work, since most jobs are about a 40 minute drive away). I just have a lot of think about. I need to figure out how much extra the food will cost and see what the difference is after that. The place that provides food does provide 2 hot meals a day. The other place, I don't know if they will heat what I send or not? I'm limited on what I can send them. Nothing can contain Peanuts...
    Still no new info on the job...I wish I'd hear something one way or another soon!
    I want to be the best.

KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KikiD22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Today was back/biceps, followed by 20 minutes of cardio, intervals on the elliptical.
    Did Wide Grip Pull Downs, Deads, Seated Row, Weighted Back Extensions, DB Curls, Hammer Curls.

Now rethinking daycares.. the one will provide PT daycare, but won't provide any meals/snacks (which adds up when you have three kids). I will have to pay a lump sum on the first of every month. Stays open until 5:30.

The other daycare will not provide PT care, only FT, but they provide all meals/snacks. Can pay every week and stays open to 6. BUT it costs $350 more per month, BUT that's two more days a week AND food provided. I don't plan on sending the kids EVERY day, but this would give me the option of sending them everyday if I needed to for work reasons. Also, they stay open until 6, which is a real benefit because the other closes at 5:30. I don't plan on keeping the kids there that long, but if my husband was to finally find a day job (works 2nd shift now), this would give him time to pick them up from daycare in the event I have to travel with work, since most jobs are about a 40 minute drive away). I just have a lot of think about. I need to figure out how much extra the food will cost and see what the difference is after that. The place that provides food does provide 2 hot meals a day. The other place, I don't know if they will heat what I send or not? I'm limited on what I can send them. Nothing can contain Peanuts...
    Still no new info on the job...I wish I'd hear something one way or another soon!
    One other thing to keep in mind with the one that offers PT care, because I know it was an issue with my search, is what is the cost if you have to go to FT care for a week, like if you're travelling for work or something. Is it more cost effective to just pay for the FT care w/ meals in that case too? I know around here, a few of the places I looked at you were categorized as PT or FT, and if you were PT and had to go full time for a week, you actually paid more than the FT people. Did that make sense?

BTW, I thought I had a lot of animals. We have 3 dogs and 5 cats in our household, and I thought that was a lot. Of course, that is down from the 3 dogs and 8 cats we had a few years back. And here is me contemplating a small animal for my daughter (like a hamster or something).
    Pride Nutrition & Ripple Swimwear Sponsored Athlete
    www.pridenutrition.com
    www.rippleswimwear.com

My Figure Competition Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142525161

That is a lot on your plate!

You have me beat on critters! lol! Id love that many too!!! So fun!

I hope that you get notice of your job back soon. That would take some stress off the day care decision. I would hope they would use the food you sent, but you never know what kind of rules they have to follow.

I will never be able to rock the skinny leg pants....lol....not cute!
    Albert Einstein

Confucius

Originally Posted by KikiD22 View Post
    One other thing to keep in mind with the one that offers PT care, because I know it was an issue with my search, is what is the cost if you have to go to FT care for a week, like if you're travelling for work or something. Is it more cost effective to just pay for the FT care w/ meals in that case too? I know around here, a few of the places I looked at you were categorized as PT or FT, and if you were PT and had to go full time for a week, you actually paid more than the FT people. Did that make sense?

BTW, I thought I had a lot of animals. We have 3 dogs and 5 cats in our household, and I thought that was a lot. Of course, that is down from the 3 dogs and 8 cats we had a few years back. And here is me contemplating a small animal for my daughter (like a hamster or something).
    If they went full time at the place that is willing to do PT for us, it would be $50 less than the other place that's FT care, BUT either way, it would be better to go to the one that's $50 more because they provide food where as the other does not. They have a set amount for the FT program, so I don't think we'd end up paying more than the regular FT kids if we did have to convert them to FT, but honestly, if we have to do FT care for sure, I'll go to the place that provides food. Even though it's more, I'm leaning towards just doing FT care at the one that provides food, mainly because it's right by the interstate, which 95% of the time I use when I have to do work. It's about 2 miles from the gym I wouldn't have to worry about buying food/preparing daycare meals when they go. It's open later and I can pay weekly, which to me is a huge benefit since the mortgage is due the on the 1st each month, just like the other daycare requires me to pay the lump sum on the first. I really would hate to have to do 2 large payments at the same time. I'd much rather break it down weekly (which I could always pay "myself" each week and then just do the lump sum to make it easier. Another part is that the one is a church preschool and the other is not. I have nothing against religion/churches, but I've never been a religious person. I'm more "spiritual". I don't attend church and I don't think going to church makes someone better. A lot of the people I know that go to church are hypocrites. Not trying to start a religious debate here, I'm just saying I think the way you act in life is more important than being seen in a church weekly. But anyway, when I was getting the paperwork for the daycare at the church, I felt like we might be CONSTANTLY pressured to attend. I don't want to be harassed about it. that's all.

when it comes to the pets, most of my dogs were rescues. Well, 4 of the dogs were. The other was from a newspaper ad and the other was a free one going to the pound if not given a home. The cats were found at my grandparents yard when they were kittens. They were going to be feral, so we took them and now they are big babies. I recently got the guinea pigs because I wanted the kids to see how to feed/care for them each day. I like them. They are cute. I don't get to hold them enough so they aren't extremely friendly, but they are happy and there are three of them, so they all have a friend My husband makes fun of me because I think all animals need "friends" lol.
    I want to be the best.

That is a lot on your plate!

You have me beat on critters! lol! Id love that many too!!! So fun!

I hope that you get notice of your job back soon. That would take some stress off the day care decision. I would hope they would use the food you sent, but you never know what kind of rules they have to follow.

I will never be able to rock the skinny leg pants....lol....not cute!
    Ooops! Just saw this! Yeah, I JUST heard about my job Looks like I'm going to get converted to Full Time! AWESOME! Yesterday I was so depressed and moody, mainly because I hadn't heard anything about the job and it had been a week, but I'm much better now!
    I want to be the best.

So it looks like I'm going FT! Boss called me and told me HR had asked him if he would recommend me to go FT and he said of course. We discussed expectations/pay and everything looks awesome! SO SO SO happy! Just got to wait on HR, but the boss said everything has been approved on his end

I've been so moody this week. It's been horrible. Diet has been no where near where it should be. Seems there are not enough hours in the day. Didn't get cardio in yesterday, had to take the baby for a checkup and didn't get home in time Didn't get in the gym today because I had to leave first thing for work I'm not going to get to workout today either. Not sure about Tomorrow/Friday either. Tomorrow I have to leave at the crack of dawn again for work and won't get home until just in time for the husband to go to work. It's normally a rest day, but I really wanted to get in and make up todays workout. Friday we have to leave EARLY to take the husband to get neutered My mom is coming over to keep the kids, I'm going to do my best to leave her with the husband/kids for a few minutes when we get back so I can get to the gym at least some on Friday. Saturday, in-laws are coming up Work is crazy, kids are crazy, family is coming up, I'm PMSing... oh me..I have to work when the kids go to bed tonight also, or I'd just workout at home. I guess i can consider this week a "break". I can't help it, but I just might have to take it off until Monday. Oh and for daycare, I think, especially with the FT job, they'll be going to FT care at the place that provides food Just not sure if I'll go ahead and enroll them this coming week or wait on more week. I don't think I'll actually start FT until a few weeks from now, but we'll see!
    I want to be the best.

Congrats! Wow, that is exciting news! I cant imagine how insane this mix up will be for a few weeks while you all adjust. Dont be too hard on yourself during this time. Just do the best you can, because you have a million things being juggled all at once! I dont know how you do it!

lol @ the hubs getting snipped. Ouchie!
    Albert Einstein

Confucius