Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Here I go...Again!

Wow. It's been a long time. A REALLY long time. I had this profile while I was a college student. I lost a lot of weight and got in really good shape (profile pic is the old me) and then "life" happened. I've had three kids, back to back - a son who is three, a daughter 2, and another daughter that just literally turned 1. I'm done having babies and it's time I get in shape. I feel like crap all the time. I eat total junk. I don't get the "me" time I deserve. I NEED to work out. NEED. It's one of the only things that truely makes me feel good. So here I am. Right now, I'm still trying to work on the "plan". It's so difficult with the three kids who aren't in daycare and a job. My husband and I work rotating shifts to avoid daycare costs which basically leaves me with Kids/Work all the time. I WILL do this though. I am making that promise to myself RIGHT NOW. So here I go. Again. Goals for now - 1)Clean up diet. I just got my protein power in the mail and I'm ready to go! 2)Get Moving. Exercise daily. I don't have all the routines worked out yet. I have all the gym equiment I need in my garage, it's just getting it all set up and functioning. Husband is off work this weekend so this weekened we will get it set up. Time to do this! I'll weight myself tomorrow morning and post stats tomorrow. I'll also take pics then, but i'm not going to post them until I've made some progress.
    I want to be the best.

Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weight this morning 158.5 lbs.
    I want to be the best.

Diet today -
    Breakfast - Oatmeal w/protein powder
    Snack - Almonds
    Lunch - Sweet Potato, Salad, protein powder
    Dinner - Salad/Chicken Breast

Work schedule this morning was crazy so I didn't get to do too good with timing of the meals. Looking at the diet, I need to work on getting more "real" source of protein, ensure that I get enough calories, and get back on a regular eating schedule. Tired, but feeling good. I'll prep foods this weekend for the upcoming week. It feels good to be on the right track.
    I want to be the best.

TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10) TitsOnAStick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Holy moly... Three three and under? You've been busy girl! Welcome back!
    -TOAS

Originally Posted by TitsOnAStick View Post
    Holy moly... Three three and under? You've been busy girl! Welcome back!
    Yep, 3 three and under. It's chaos all the time, but I love them anyway thanks for the welcome back!
    I want to be the best.

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I remember you
    3 babies....what a journey you have begun Wonderful to hear!

From you last journal, the way you are, I dont see you stumbling on your way to reaching your goals.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Awe, thanks! I remember you too! I see a few names I recognize just glancing around when I can. I wish I would have kept with it.

The way I look at is that I'm much better off than when I first started. I learned so much (hopefully I can remember it! lol). I'm alot bigger than I would like to be, BUT I'm not that far from where I'd like to be weight wise, it's just changing my body from "fat" to "muscle". I don't want to get as small as I did last time. I just want a nice firm sculpted figure, not really skinny and fit like I was last time, but "thicker" and fit and most importantly healthy! I'm doing things a little differently for now.

For today's diet:
    Breakfast - Oatmeal/nuts/protein powder
    snack - nuts/banana
    lunch - chicken breast, red/yellow bell peppers, brown rice
    Dinner - Tuna and Salad

Today, I think i did better getting the calories needed. I did better at eating more "protein" and less powder.
    Everything I ate, I ate in moderation. I'm trying not to "track" the calories at this point. I'm just eyeballing it and going with correct portion sizes. When I get hungry, I drink water and eat, but good choices. From where I'm starting, that's going to help alot We found out a gym near our home is supposed to have childcare set up in about 2 weeks. Although I have pretty much everything I need in my garage, it would be nice to join a small gym, mainly so I could have my kids being watched and me and my husband could get some workouts going together and that garage is freaking cold! lol At least this weekend we can move some of the weights into the house and I can get going on my workouts.
    I want to be the best.

Crap, i just lost everything I typed...
    Oh well. I was drained today, not because of the diet, just because of the kids. I spent this afternoon napping, which NEVER gets to happen. (Husband's off work today). We were able to get the dumbells moved in the house. My kids loved playing with the 3lb weights. lol They couldn't budge the 40lber's.
    Anyway, todays diet was on the low end of calories, due to a later start this morning and the nap (much needed). When I start exercising (Sunday or Monday, no later). I'll shoot for 1400 calories. I can always decrease if needed, but that will be my starting point.
    Today
    Breakfast - Oatmeal, two eggs, mixed nuts
    Lunch - Salad, chicken with red/yellow bell peppers, sweet potato
    Dinner - Raw spinch, chicken w/red/yellow bell peppers, salsa, almonds
    No snacks today
    1192 calories
    45 g fat
    95 g carbs (23 fiber)
    104 g protein

I'll take some fish oil before bed. I need to see if I have any vitamins. Calcium/Iron is low today.
    I want to be the best.

Tired today, but I got A LOT done I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't sleep. That's why I don't nap. I finally fell back asleep and my oldest daughter woke up. We cleaned out the kitchen of clutter. I cleaned out the bathroom. We cleaned out the guest bedroom, which basically looks like an episode of hoarders...it's the room where we just throw stuff when we can't find a place for it. We got it cleaned out for the most part. Still need to do more, but we worked on in all day and now I'm exhausted. The good news is I can feel the benefits of eating clean already. Everytime my husband has an off day, we say we are going to clean and we don't. This time, we did! it's so hard to do working around the kids, but I'm proud of what we got done. We're going to have a yard sale next weekend, as long as the weather permits. Anyhow, I'll figure out my workout routine tonight when the kids go to bed. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to do it in the mornings or at night. I'm usually a get up and get it done type of person, but I'm not sure how it will work now that I have kids. I could do it when they go to bed at night, but my husband will be at work and if someone wakes up it will interrupt my routine. They are usually good about sleeping all night once they go to bed though. I might try it both ways this week and see what works best.

Today's meals
    Breakfast -egg, oatmeal, mixed nuts
    Lunch - Sweet Potato, salad, flank steak
    snack - protien powder w/water
    Dinner - Flank Steak, broccoli, 2 fish oils
    Calories - 1210
    Fat - 48 grams
    (15 sat, 7 poly, 9 mono)
    Carbs - 105
    Fiber - 22
    Protein - 99
    I want to be the best.

Here's my workout plan. Took FOREVER for me to put one together. I kept questioning everything. Comments welcome! I'm doing this based on just the DB's as equiment until I get get the rest of my gym stuff cleaned/moved somewhere inside or join the gym hopefully in two weeks when they have childcare.

3x12 for each exercise, except abs/calves to failure
    Monday - Back/Biceps
    DB Deadlifts
    1 arm DB row
    Bent over DB row
    DB Curls
    Hammer Curls

Tuesday
    Cardio/Abs
    (not sure what cardio will be yet)
    Crunches, frog sit-ups, side bends

Wednesday
    DB Squats
    DB Lunges
    Free Hand Jump Squat
    Pile Squat
    Glute Kickbacks
    Weighted Calf Raises

Thursday
    Cardio/Abs
    Oblique Crunches
    Toe Touches
    Reverse Crunches

Friday
    Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    DB Chest Press
    DB Flyes
    DB Shoulder Press
    DB Upright Rows
    Tricep Kickback
    Overhead Press

Saturday
    Cardio/Abs
    Weighted Crunches
    Leg Raises
    Air Bike

Sunday - Rest
    I want to be the best.

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HI

Yowzers...that's a lot of babies in a short amount of time! lol. My 3 are about 2.5 then 2 years apart and things were really crazy here for a while. Cannot imagine what goes on at your place

I have no comments on workouts as I do what books and magazines tell me to do:-)

Good luck!
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, sometimes I think I am insane for having them so close together, BUT the good news is my three year old son and two year old daughter are basically potty trained, so only one in diapers all the time now I was an only child and swore I would have kids close together. I didn't want to have to start over with with diapers after a few years of none. The down side is I'm just now sleeping through the night for the first time in about 3 years, lol. P.S. - love the signature
    I want to be the best.

Measurement's were finally taken this morning. I had my husband measure everything I could think of, lol.
    11/14/11
    Waist 32"
    Hips 37"
    Butt 40"
    Thighs 22"
    Calf 15"
    Knee 16"
    Chest 38"
    Neck 14"
    Biceps 12"
    Forearm 10"
    all measurements taken at widest part, except for waist.
    Depressing, but it's only going to get better!
    I want to be the best.

And as much as I dread doing this. Here are my current pics I'm ready to be ready for some "after" pics. Pumped about working out tonight!
    Attached Images
    I want to be the best.

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh you got this. I think you look freaking amazing for all your body has been through, I mean really. I think it so exciting that you have 3 in a row, I too am an only and I get it.
    Here supporting you and watching to see how you work, because you were very successful last round.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

mimich21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Ivey! Welcome back to the forum! 3 little ones so close in age, wow! Good for you for wanting to jump back into it. Goodluck! Can't wait to see your progress!!

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    Oh you got this. I think you look freaking amazing for all your body has been through, I mean really. I think it so exciting that you have 3 in a row, I too am an only and I get it.
    Here supporting you and watching to see how you work, because you were very successful last round.
    Thank you! I appreciate the support! I plan to be better than before this time, i want more muscle!
    I want to be the best.

Originally Posted by mimich21 View Post
    Hi Ivey! Welcome back to the forum! 3 little ones so close in age, wow! Good for you for wanting to jump back into it. Goodluck! Can't wait to see your progress!!
    Thank you! I look forward to seeing the progress too, lol
    I want to be the best.

Whew what a day! Kids were grouchy all day and we attempted to go grocery shopping with the kids before my husband had to go to work. Bad Idea. One trick I learned from couponing is that on Monday and Tuesday most grocery stores mark produce on sale to prepare for the new sales ad. I like to hit up the grocery store on one of those days to stock up on cheap veggies and meats. You'll notice a lot of my meals will be based on what was on sale. I have to be frugal now that I'm working part time and raising three little ones so I can't be too picky, luckily (and unluckily), I like almost all foods
    Finally got to work out! Yay! took approximately 40 minutes with a 5 minute warm up/stretch and 5 minute stretch/cool down. I forgot how much cardio I actually get lifting! With that being said, I might cut out the cardio/ab day after Legs day. That will give me three days of lifting and two days of cardio/abs, which I think is plenty for now, just getting back into it. I don't want to over do it to start and I want to leave that day open for when I hit a plateu and honestly, I HATE cardio. So as long as my lifting is getting me this sweaty, I'll leave that day as rest for now. Work out was the same as planned
    3x12, I did have to drop the weights down a few times on the 2nd or 3rd set to make sure I could do 12 reps. Disappointed in some of the small weights that were used, but I'm pretty much starting off as a beginner again so, oh well. No ones fault but my own. The good news is it will get better and hey, I'm actually getting off my fat ass and doing something for a change!
    So the routine was Back/Biceps
    3x12
    DB Deadlifts (much prefer using the barbell)
    1 Arm DB Rows
    Bent over DB rows (again, wish I would have used the barbell)
    DB Curls
    Hammer Curls

Diet today - No real snacks in between, too busy with grocery shopping, whiny kids and a work mini dilema - but I'll work on that
    Breakfast -Mixed Nuts, Oatmeal, Protein Powder
    Lunch -Sweet Potato, Salad, Chicken Breast cooked in a little bit of olive oil
    Dinner - Chicken Breast salad with HOT HOT HOT salsa as the "dressing" Dear Lord that salsa was HOT...broke a sweat right there.
    Snack (post workout) Protein Powder

Calories - 1212
    Fat 29 grams
    6 sat, 6 poly, 11 mono
    Carbs 100
    Fiber 16
    Protein 150

I'm not used to working out at night, so i'm not too sure about how I did the diet today. No real carbs beside fiberous before the workout and no carbs post. Not sure if that is a good idea or not. I'm used to carbs before working out and then a small piece of fruit with my protein drink after working out, but since it's so late and I'll probably be in bed in 1-2 hrs, I didn't do the carbs. Not sure if that was smart or not though.

Oh and here is a pic of my adorable babies at halloween. They were the three little pigs The youngest was not happy. She didn't recognize me in my costume, lol. I was Red Riding Hood, My mom was Riding Hood's Granny and my husband was the hunter that kills he big bad wolf. He was going to be the big bad wolf, but the wolf costume freaked out the kids!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ivey_Itch; 11-14-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    I want to be the best.

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ivey_Itch View Post

Oh and here is a pic of my adorable babies at halloween. They were the three little pigs The youngest was not happy. She didn't recognize me in my costume, lol. I was Red Riding Hood, My mom was Riding Hood's Granny and my husband was the hunter that kills he big bad wolf. He was going to be the big bad wolf, but the wolf costume freaked out the kids!
    OMG they are adorable! #3 is my favorite
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    OMG they are adorable! #3 is my favorite
    LOL, #3 is my favorite too for now! shhh, don't tell -it's just because she doesn't talk back yet
    I want to be the best.

So I'm not that sore today. My back feels normal. My biceps are a little sore, but not much the main thing that is sore are my thighs from the deadlifts. Arggg. Not sure why I'm not more sore, it was a definate workout. Next time I will use my olympic bb for the deadlifts and rows. That will be better. I think the use of DB's on the DL made me do more of a SLDL than tradition DL.
    I want to be the best.

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck with your fitness goals girl! I can tell you have a lot of motivation!
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cute "piggies!" I was an "only" too and I'm grateful every day that my kids have each other. Even as teens, they're close as can be! Guess we'll see how long that lasts...

Solid looking plan there! Bet you see results soon!
    Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. Rosa Luxemburg

Originally Posted by HopeSmallwonder View Post
    Good luck with your fitness goals girl! I can tell you have a lot of motivation!
    Thank you so much!
    I want to be the best.

Originally Posted by wolfpack7483 View Post
    Cute "piggies!" I was an "only" too and I'm grateful every day that my kids have each other. Even as teens, they're close as can be! Guess we'll see how long that lasts...

Solid looking plan there! Bet you see results soon!
    Thank you! They get along for the most part, unless someone steals someone elses toy. I'm scared about the teenage years though! lol
    I want to be the best.

Another day of Chaos. My fully packed deep freeze stopped working, luckily I caught it before I lost all of the good food in it! My husband was able to go get another one before he had to go to work, thank goodness, so all my healthy chicken has been saved. Hooray!

Weird, but I finally started feeling the back/biceps from yesterday this evening. not sure why the delay, but at least I started feeling it!

Just finished up cardio. Apparently my ellipital is no longer working correctly, I'll have to keep an eye out on craigslist. It kept shutting on and off and I couldn't tell a difference when I switched the resistance settings, but I did it anyway. I went for 25 minutes with a short warm up and cool down, but even with the problems, I was still able to work up a nice sweet and elevated heart rate. Finished off with Abs.

Diet for the day
    Calories 1160, lower I know, gotta work on that
    Breakfast - egg, oatmeal, mixed nuts
    Snack - Protein Powder
    Lunch - My homemade chicken salad salad, with almonds and sweet potato
    Dinner - Spinach and chicken breast
    Post workout - protein powder
    vitamin/fish oil before bed

Fat 38 g
    7 g sat, 10 poly, 12 mono
    Carbs 76
    15 fiber
    Protein 129 g

Workout -
    25 minutes elliptical
    Cruches, 3 sets of 25, 20,20
    Frog Crunches, 15, 25, 20
    Weighted Side bends, 3 sets of 15 per side
    Planks for 20, 15, 14 seconds.
    I stopped each time when I could tell I was staring to pull with my neck or some other non-ab part of my body. Annoying that's all I could do, but hey, it's a start
    I want to be the best.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HEY KIM. WELCOME BACK! (clapping hands)

Your little ones are so cute!

Your workout plan looks good. If you do have to eliminate one day, don't sweat it. You'll get your energy and endurance back in time.

On the post workout carbs, you should get some, even if its just the fruit, regardless of how late it is. The body needs these for recovery and help build the muscle you are looking for.

And your pics.....that scale is lying big time. You need to take it back and get a refund.

Hey Buddy! Yay! I'm back and your still here!!
    Thanks! Those are my babies! They may make me have grey hair in a few years, but I still love them
    thanks for the info on the carbs! Would that be EVERY workout, cardio too, or just Weights? Are you looking at the profile pic (THE OLD OLD PIC) or the ones I posted in the journal..those are the current..Yikes! I think the scale is pretty accurate, unfortunately!
    I want to be the best.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ivey_Itch View Post
    Hey Buddy! Yay! I'm back and your still here!!
    Thanks! Those are my babies! They may make me have grey hair in a few years, but I still love them
    thanks for the info on the carbs! Would that be EVERY workout, cardio too, or just Weights? Are you looking at the profile pic (THE OLD OLD PIC) or the ones I posted in the journal..those are the current..Yikes! I think the scale is pretty accurate, unfortunately!
    Yeah, I'm still here and for the last two years, I've had NO hair!!

I was speaking to the current pictures. You do not look 158 lbs and your physique, even post 3 kids is better than many of the people I see in my gym every week.

On the carbs, post weight training or post weight training and cardio done together, carbs should be taken along with protein as soon as possible. However, if you are doing cardio only, then you should drink a protein shake right afterwards, but do not ingest any carbs for 60-90 minutes afterward. The reason is a bit technical, but if you ingest carbs shortly after cardio, the carb intake can counterbalance/offset the fat burning you achieved during your cardio.