Thread: My 7 Month Bulk

Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My 7 Month Bulk

I'm starting on a gradual 7 month bulk; from Nov. 10, 2011 to June 10, 2012. I've never done a bulk before so this is an entirely new experience. My goal is to gain as much muscle as possible while keeping my bodyfat relatively low. I'm going to start off by getting in about 2500 calories a day and see how I do with that. I'm currently at 163lbs and a bodyfat somewhere around 10%. Please feel free to give constructive input/advice/ comments...I could definitely use it. I'll be adding pics either every week or every two weeks, I haven't decided which one yet.
    BELIEVE YOU CAN ACHIEVE AND YOU WILL; "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." (Proverbs 23:7)

Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jayos View Post
    i'm starting on a gradual 7 month bulk; from nov. 10, 2011 to june 10, 2012. I've never done a bulk before so this is an entirely new experience. My goal is to gain as much muscle as possible while keeping my bodyfat relatively low. I'm going to start off by getting in about 2500 calories a day and see how i do with that. I'm currently at 163lbs and a bodyfat somewhere around 10%. Please feel free to give constructive input/advice/ comments...i could definitely use it. I'll be adding pics either every week or every two weeks, i haven't decided which one yet.
    *** please see my progress pics on my bodyspace page for starting pics...i can't post images in a thread until i've made 50 posts...madd dumb ***
    BELIEVE YOU CAN ACHIEVE AND YOU WILL; "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." (Proverbs 23:7)

Its been about a week and my bulk isnt going as I expected. I'm going to do some re-evaluation and have a new start date of MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2011...therefore my new bulk end date will be about JULY 1, 2012.

redmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i stopped in bruh
    STEPPING STONES, to that DREAM do you have the DESIRE to make the JOURNEY?
    #simplygetitin

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for openers, you aren't 10% bf
    you should really consider eating closer to 3000cals
    you shouldn't worry so much about keeping your bf low during your bulk (just keep it under control)

with what you've proposed, you might only gain 5 lbs in 7 months
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000) eva5001 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck bro! Eat big, train hard and those gains will come. Keep us posted on your progress. We'll be watching!
    Always Penn State Proud!

"A well built physique is a status symbol. It reflects you worked hard for it, no money can buy it. You cannot borrow it, you cannot inherit it, you cannot steal it. You cannot hold onto it without constant work. It shows discipline, it shows self respect, it shows patience, work ethic and passion. That is why I do what I do."
    ― Arnold Schwarzenegger

19" Arm Crew

Chasing that natty pro card!

Originally Posted by dday39 View Post
    for openers, you aren't 10% bf
    you should really consider eating closer to 3000cals
    you shouldn't worry so much about keeping your bf low during your bulk (just keep it under control)

with what you've proposed, you might only gain 5 lbs in 7 months
    Well according to bodyfat measuring devices as well as the old fashioned mathematical way of calculating the bodyfat, I am between 10% and 11.5%...however that's not really my big concern though...I could get up to 15% and still look decent so I'm not too concerned about that, especially because I'm bulking...I'm cutting in July and August and then probably starting another bulk in October 2012...we'll see how this one goes though before I make other goals....also when I said I'm re-evaluating, I meant I'm adding more calories to my diet...I'm going up to 4000, because 3000 won't do it either. Thanks for your input though.

yusef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jayos View Post
    Well according to bodyfat measuring devices as well as the old fashioned mathematical way of calculating the bodyfat, I am between 10% and 11.5%...however that's not really my big concern though...I could get up to 15% and still look decent so I'm not too concerned about that, especially because I'm bulking...I'm cutting in July and August and then probably starting another bulk in October 2012...we'll see how this one goes though before I make other goals....also when I said I'm re-evaluating, I meant I'm adding more calories to my diet...I'm going up to 4000, because 3000 won't do it either. Thanks for your input though.
    To be honest I never count cals. I eat every couple of hours as long as I'm up, so if I'm up late I'm eating more meals and getting more cals in. I only calculate my protein and carbs each meal. For bulking No less than 8oz protein/meal and for carbs no less than about 50g. Also make sure you drink plenty of water (at least a gallon/day), Get 8 hours of sleep/day, and of course train hard! Bodybuilding is a lifestyle not something you just do once or twice a day. Good luck bro and stay focused.
    Believe in yourself... Invision greatness through God and anything is possible!******I don't live for glamour, And I don't care for fame. I'M IN THIS FOR LOVE OF THE GAME!******

Originally Posted by yusef View Post
    To be honest I never count cals. I eat every couple of hours as long as I'm up, so if I'm up late I'm eating more meals and getting more cals in. I only calculate my protein and carbs each meal. For bulking No less than 8oz protein/meal and for carbs no less than about 50g. Also make sure you drink plenty of water (at least a gallon/day), Get 8 hours of sleep/day, and of course train hard! Bodybuilding is a lifestyle not something you just do once or twice a day. Good luck bro and stay focused.
    I will man. Thanks for the input.

redmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stay determined mannn!
    STEPPING STONES, to that DREAM do you have the DESIRE to make the JOURNEY?
    #simplygetitin

Originally Posted by redmann View Post
    stay determined mannn!
    I will...its been a little slow lately but I'm definitely getting in more nutrients, water, and harder training sessions. I'm not at the calorie level I'd like but I'm getting there fast. I'll post new pics next Saturday.

Here are starting and current pics...starting pics are from Mid-November 2011 and the current pics are from now; Early/Mid-December 2011...I've got to add a chest shot this afternoon.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Jayos; 12-08-2011 at 09:33 AM.

I see some change in my traps but Im not sure what else....still got a long way to go

I've been bulking for about three weeks now...I've gained about 8lbs...my bodyfat percentage seems to be staying around the same range...also judging from the pics I'd even say it might have gone down a small amount...I welcome comments, critiques, and advice.

Just a small update...was under the weather for a few weeks...just started back in the gym this week...will give a pic update in a week or so after muscle memory kicks in a little :-)

milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep up your motivation... its nice to see people willing to track their progress like you are, keep it up.
    "Every day is an adventure, embrace it"

Force Factor Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141023311&p=806982471#post806982471

Exclamation I've moved!!!

***** I'VE MOVED MY PROGRESS REPORTS TO MY MAIN PAGE. I WILL NOW BE WRITING BODYBLOGS INSTEAD OF POSTING HERE *****

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHECK UP ON ME THERE...I appreciate all of those who followed and encouraged.