Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz

Let's get some discussions going! What training program worked best for you?

What training program/training principles have worked the best for you?

adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have ran your Tri-Phase program about 5 times now and it's one of my favorite results producing programs I've ever done! Also, I started a few weeks of Dorian Yates blood and guts and it was amazing until I got really bad tendonitis but my strength was going through the roof on it!
    ajaxified!

TEAM NORTON

The aJax Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122912821

Bulking Journal
    http://forum.bodybuildingnotebook.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=9&#post9

keep track of your progress with a free online journal at www.BodyBuildingNotebook.com!

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Progressive overload:
    5/3/1
    Max Ot
    DC
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by adminJaxon View Post
    I have ran your Tri-Phase program about 5 times now and it's one of my favorite results producing programs I've ever done! Also, I started a few weeks of Dorian Yates blood and guts and it was amazing until I got really bad tendonitis but my strength was going through the roof on it!
    I am a fan of Dorian's training and trained with his principles for a while. I did make some solid strength and size gains on it. I think doing 3 weeks all out to failure then 1 week not to failure is ideal when using DY principles.

Tri-Phase is still probably my favorite all around program. I haven't done it in a long time simply because I am always experimenting with new stuff.

Originally Posted by RUBICON19 View Post
    Progressive overload:
    5/3/1
    Max Ot
    DC
    All solid programs. I agree with Wendler's belief of focusing on squats, deads, bench, and military press 100%.

The main thing I like about MAX-OT is the focus on compound exercises only.

I trained using DC principles and, like the DY principles, I made good progress on it.

You are right, progressive overload is the key!

Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jimmy29LI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tri-Phase without question. I'm finishing up my 3rd run through and strength increases every phase like clockwork. Great strength program.

BTW, I do the 9 week version which eliminates the 2 rep weeks.

Derek...I'm probably going to run through it yet again, but I'm thinking of maybe doing a 4 week 666 then go back to Tri-Phase. What do you think of that? Also, have you tweaked the 666 program since writing it back in the day?
    My Physique Contest Journey VLog - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177816241&p=1593185361#post1593185361

e-mail: Jimmy@hamptonsfitnessfactory.com

Originally Posted by Jimmy29LI View Post
    Tri-Phase without question. I'm finishing up my 3rd run through and strength increases every phase like clockwork. Great strength program.

BTW, I do the 9 week version which eliminates the 2 rep weeks.

Derek...I'm probably going to run through it yet again, but I'm thinking of maybe doing a 4 week 666 then go back to Tri-Phase. What do you think of that? Also, have you tweaked the 666 program since writing it back in the day?
    I know a lot of people who did a 4-week block of the 666 training between phases of Tri-Phase would good results. I think I would recommend doing 2 weeks of the 666 program to serve as a deload between blocks of Tri-Phase.

I haven't updated the 666 program since the following:
    Training—The 666 Method- Training From Hell!

*All exercises done for six sets of six reps with 30 seconds of rest in between sets. Choose a weight that is 80% of your 6 rep max. Once you can complete 6 reps for all 6 sets increase the weight for your next workout.

Monday = Chest+Delts
    Bench Press (BB or DB)
    Incline Press (BB or DB)
    Dips or DB Flies or Cable Crossover
    Shoulder Press (BB or DB)
    Side Lateral (DB or Cable)

Wednesday = Back + Traps
    Pull-Ups or Lat Pulldown
    Bent Over Row or Seated Cable Row
    T-Bar Row or 1-Arm DB Row
    Shrug (BB or DB)
    Rear Cable Lateral

Friday = Arms
    BB Curl
    Close Grip Bench Press
    DB Curl
    Skull Crusher
    Cable Curl
    Tricep Pressdown

Saturday = Legs
    Squats
    Stiff Leg Deadlift or Lying Leg Curl
    Leg Press or Leg Extension
    Standing Calf Raise
    Seated Calf Raise

There are some tweaks I would make to that... sounds like I just got a new project

Michael Blaise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    What training program/training principles have worked the best for you?
    I have tried just about everything and some of the best results I have seen is from programs from Charles Poliquin, Christian Thibaudeau, Will Brink, Ian King and yourself.. I have also had very good results with "Show and Go" by Eric Cressey and Phat by Layne Norton. Some other trainers that have produced good results are Nate Green, Jason Ferruggia, John Berardi, and Joe Defranco.
    Last edited by Michael Blaise; 11-08-2011 at 02:44 PM.

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I am a fan of Dorian's training and trained with his principles for a while. I did make some solid strength and size gains on it. I think doing 3 weeks all out to failure then 1 week not to failure is ideal when using DY principles.

Tri-Phase is still probably my favorite all around program. I haven't done it in a long time simply because I am always experimenting with new stuff.

All solid programs. I agree with Wendler's belief of focusing on squats, deads, bench, and military press 100%.

The main thing I like about MAX-OT is the focus on compound exercises only.

I trained using DC principles and, like the DY principles, I made good progress on it.

You are right, progressive overload is the key!
    Agreed! Good stuff.

I also made good gains with DY type training
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've done TriPhase 4 or 5 times and have had noticeable improvements on my lifts and body composition. I've also found success with Power/Hypertrophy type training and power lifting training like GVT. I am currently trying a progressive overload program like 5/3/1 but a tad different. It's a 16 week program and I'm 4 weeks into it and loving it. I'll be sure to post when I'm done.

Personally, I like routines that do heavy movements up front and then hit the accessories with high reps. But there's also lots of fun in a 3 day split where it's all about heavy.

I wish I could do the beast-mode training but I can't dedicate 5 or 6 days a week in the gym atm.
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

Originally Posted by robertfah View Post
    I've done TriPhase 4 or 5 times and have had noticeable improvements on my lifts and body composition. I've also found success with Power/Hypertrophy type training and power lifting training like GVT. I am currently trying a progressive overload program like 5/3/1 but a tad different. It's a 16 week program and I'm 4 weeks into it and loving it. I'll be sure to post when I'm done.

Personally, I like routines that do heavy movements up front and then hit the accessories with high reps. But there's also lots of fun in a 3 day split where it's all about heavy.

I wish I could do the beast-mode training but I can't dedicate 5 or 6 days a week in the gym atm.
    I agree with doing heavy movements first following up my higher rep "hypetrophy" work.

I actually have a couple 4-day Beast Mode programs I have recently made.