Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    If you're actually weighing all your portions, and are tracking everything you eat, and you haven't been eating at a deficit for an excessive period of time, and you have no medical issues, I have no other explanation as to why you've stalled. Apparently you're physiology is different from everyone else's.

But then, I'm no expert.

Good luck in meeting all your fitness goals in 2011.
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    First, if you suspect a medical issue, have that checked out first.

OK....now to this idea that you are an "extreme endo" b.s.. Listen....while there are differences in body types the similarities are much greater then the differences.....and the differences are not as great when viewing the overall picture.

Simple facts here..and laws of thermodynamics are not broken just cause you are an "extreme endo". It really is about calories in can calories out in the end.... (not talking about contest dieting where you try to hit 4-5%)

I hold to my statement with the one addition Ironwill made.

1) You have slowed your metabolism from extended dieting. (yes this can happen....studies have shown as much as 30%)

2) You are consuming more then you think in total calories

or as IW added...

3) You have a medical issue...and I agree with IW....this is fairly unlikely...although possible.

In closing....you did not like to hear it...but time and time again this has shown to be the case, many people come on here saying they are different, their genetics....what ever....always an excuse.

Actually you are correct.... You are a unique individual....just like every one of the SEVEN BILLION other humans on this planet. (I hope you recognize the irony in that statement...it was intended to illustrate how silly people are sometimes in their thoughts if individuality)

Being an "endo" does not mean a 230lb muscular man can live on the calories of a pre-teen girl.....there is something else at play.
    Absolutely agreed with both of these.^^

I've been working with "endo" clients for years. Unless you have a medical issue, it always goes back to something being off in the way of tracking calories.

Just being honest...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by clank72 View Post
    It's time to cut. I'm 6'2 230lbs. 18 - 19%. It's hard as hell for me to lose weight unless I go on a starvation diet and dip into the 1500's for 4 days a week. Then I have no problems. But I'm always hungry.

For all you gifted folks that can eat 2500 a day and lose weight, How much of that is carbs?

I can't lose crap with a 1800 - 2500 zig zag diet (40-40-20). I also burn my butt in the gym. My carbs vary from 130 to 150 per day. Been doing this experiment for almost a month and a half. I'm getting off it.

Should I cut the carbs below 100 or cut the calories?
    Anybody should be able to lose weight and get down to a decent bf % with a sensible program. Key words here, "anybody" and "sensible". 2500 calories sounds about right at your body weight to start losing some fat. Reasons as to why things are not working:

- Not training appropriately (heavy squats and compound exercises are your ally)
    - Not dieting appropriately (up protein, eliminate all fatty foods, carbs keep them still up)
    - Have something organic going on (thyroid, Diabetes, metabolic syndrome). Check with your doctor, anybody over the age of 35 should have a thyroid and blood glucose test (inexpensive and easy to rule out metabolic disorders).
    - You are ynderestimating/overestimating your bodyfat. Big one, I have seen people claiming 18% when they were 20%+.

All the best.

kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    i recomend *** **** * **** ** **** Mcdonald's **** ***.* ***** **** ***** *** ***** ***** *** **** ** **** ***** ****.. *** **** **** **** ** **** *** ** *** *** **** ** ** *** *******. **** ** *** ******* *** *** ***** ** ***** *** ... ***** ****. *** ****** *** ************* *** * *** **** ********** **** * ******** ***** **** ***** *** **** ******* **** ****.
    ^^^^
    This

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since I've been accused of being cryptic I need to live up to that moniker....

I absolutely love when folks ask a question, then dismiss the advice they are given. Makes others really want to offer their help!

Good luck with your weight loss goals.

/cryptic message.

paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Blackjack68 View Post
    Not trying scare tactics friend. He's 38 yrs old, endomorph shaped, and has issues with carbs. I'd give 10 to 1 odds that if he checks with his doctor, he'll be diagnosed as pre-diabetic or type 2 diabetic. I didn't say he "was", I suggested it's "likely". He should probably check with his doctor.

Not sure why that would make you angry at me.
    Not angry at you just recommending you don't diagnose something unless you know for a fact what it is. "Likely" is just as damning as "is." Just recommend someone see a doctor if they think something is off.

If someone posted here they had a headache and I noted it is likely to be brain cancer you never know how they would take this.