Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Juggernaut's Bodybuilding Journey

Hi everyone, my name is Brian Simmons. I am on a journey to become a Pro Wheelchair Bodybuilder. I was born with Spina Bifida and have limited use of my lower body. I first got into bodybuilding in June 2006 after I went to my first bodybuilding show and witnessed the wheelchair competitors. Right then and there I knew I wanted to join them up on stage one day.

Follow me on my journey of obtaining my Pro Status and beyond.

Stats as of 11-29-2011
    Age - 27
    Weight - 185 lbs
    Chest - 45.5 inches
    Arms - 17 inches
    Waist - 36 inches
    Shoulders - 50 inches

Supplements:
    ON Essential Amino Energy
    Biotest Alpha Male
    BSN Syntha-6
    Pure Protein 100% Whey Protein
    Last edited by garjantua; 11-30-2011 at 07:41 AM.

garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garjantua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Monday's Training Session
    11-28-2011 Chest, Back and Triceps

DB Floor Press
    Set 1- 80 lbs x 8 reps
    Set 2- 95 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 3- 100 lbs x 3 reps

Seated Cable Row
    Set 1- 160 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 200 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 240 lbs x 5 reps

Dips
    Set 1- BW + 25 lbs x 8 reps
    Set 2- BW + 25 lbs x 4 reps

Seated DB Deadlift
    Set 1- 40 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 2- 50 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 3- 50 lbs x 15 reps

TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeamIronClad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wow. I have the upmost respect for you bud. A lot of people throw the hand up in the air and give up and life takes an unexpected turn. But not you! Keep going man!

REPS!

Thanks!!! Bodybuilding has definitely brought out the drive to succeed not only in bodybuilding, but in life. Thank you for following my journey.

Quote of the Day: Don't give up. there are too many nay-sayers out there who will try to discourage you. don't listen to them. the only one who can make you give up is yourself. -Sidney Sheldon

12-2-2011 Back, Chest and Biceps

WG Cable Pulldown supersetted w/ Rear Delt Crossovers
    Set 1- 12 plates x 10 reps x 3 plates x 10 reps (weightstack doesn't have lbs, plates are numbered)
    Set 2- 14 plates x 6 reps x 2 plates x 15 reps
    Set 3- 14 plates x 9 reps x 3 plates x 12 reps

Plate Loaded Incline Press
    Set 1- 135 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 155 lbs x 2 reps
    Set 3- 160 lbs x 1 rep

Machine Row
    Set 1- 150 lbs x 25 reps
    Set 2- 150 lbs x 20 reps

Run The Rack DB Hammer Curls
    Set 1- 50 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 40 lbs x 10 reps
    Set 3- 30 lbs x 10 reps
    Set 4- 20 lbs x 15 reps

quote of the day

Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    --William Faulkner

12-3-2011 Shoulders and Traps

Hanging Kettlebell Fatbar Shoulder Press
    Set 1- 25 lbs on each side x 10 reps
    Set 2- 25 lbs on each side x 11 reps
    Set 3- 25 lbs on each side x 10 reps

Kettlebell Front Raises supersetted with DB Cleans supersetted with BPA
    Set 1- 25 lbs x 16 reps x 8 lbs x 10 reps x Blue Band x 10 reps
    Set 2- 25 lbs x 19 reps x 8 lbs x 10 reps x Blue Band x 10 reps

Overhead Medicine Ball Throw
    Set 1- 10 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 2- 10 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 3- 10 lbs x 15 reps

12-5-2011 Chest, Back and Triceps

DB Floor Press
    Set 1- 95 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 100 lbs x 2 reps
    Set 3- 110 lbs x 1 rep

Cable Row
    Set 1- 160 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 240 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 260 lbs x 3 reps

Dips
    Set 1- BW + 25 lbs of chains x 7 reps
    Set 2- BW x 9 reps

Back Extensions
    Set 1- Black Mini Band x 15 reps
    Set 2- Black Mini Band x 15 reps
    Set 3- Black Mini Band x 15 reps

Felt great in the gym today, Strength was through the roof.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    very inspiring! Best of luck!
    advertising not permitted

Contest: COMPLETE TheNaturalEdge's Avatar
    TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalEdge is just really nice. (+1000)
    So incredibly keen to see how you go man!
    SydMisc | Team: Norton
    Off Season Log - 2014 Come at me: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148704663
    I write about marketing here https://www.jessehanley.com

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    very inspiring! Best of luck!
    Thanks! I appreciate it. best of luck to you in your pursuits also.

Originally Posted by TheNaturalEdge View Post
    So incredibly keen to see how you go man!
    I appreciate it. this is just the beginning. After lots of trial and error my trainer and I finally found what works best for me.

12-7-2011

Band Pulldowns supersetted with Rear Delt Crossovers
    Set 1- Black Band x 10 reps (as fast as possible on the positive, 4-5 seconds on the negative) x 20 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 2- Black Band x 10 reps (as fast as possible on the positive, 4-5 seconds on the negative) x 20 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 3- Black Band x 10 reps (as fast as possible on the positive, 4-5 seconds on the negative) x 20 lbs x 15 reps

Plate Loaded Chest Press
    Set 1- 135 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 255 lbs x missed lift
    Set 3- 250 lbs x missed lift

Machine Row
    Set 1- 160 lbs x 24 reps
    Set 2- 160 lbs x 20 reps

Incline Curl Dropset
    Set 1- 30 lbs x 7 reps
    Set 2- 20 lbs x 10 reps
    Set 3- 10 lbs x 20 reps

Everything was good but my chest movement. I think my neurological system burnt out. next week will be a sort of deload week. then I am switching up the exercises. I usually change exercises every 4 weeks. Gotta keep on grinding.

12-9-2011 Shoulders and Traps

Suspended Kettlebell Fatbar Shoulder Press
    Set 1- 25 lb Kettlebell on each side x 10 reps
    Set 2- 25 lb Kettlebell on each side x 12 reps
    Set 3- 25 lb Kettlebell on each side x 12 reps

Kettlebell Front Raise supersetted w/ DB Cleans supersetted with BPA
    Set 1- 25 lbs x 31 reps x 10 lbs x 10 reps x Blue Band x 10 reps
    Set 2- 25 lbs x 26 reps x 10 lbs x 10 reps x Blue Band x 10 reps

Medicine Ball Wall Taps
    Set 1- 10 lbs x 30 seconds
    Set 2- 10 lbs x 30 seconds
    Set 3- 10 lbs x 30 seconds

Quote of the Day

Success demands singleness of purpose. -Vince Lombardi

12-12-2011 Chest, Back and Triceps

DB Floor Press
    Set 1- 90 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 100 lbs x 1 rep
    Set 3- 110 lbs x missed lift (I was more than halfway through the rep when my left wrist gave out and I had to dump the dumbbell.)

Cable Row
    Set 1- 220 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 260 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 280 lbs x 2 reps

Dips
    Set 1- BW + 25 lbs of chains x 11 reps
    Set 2- BW x 16 reps

Back Extensions with the Cables
    Set 1- 20 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 2- 20 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 3- 20 lbs x 15 reps

12-14-2011 Back, Chest and Biceps

Lying Strongman Rows
    Set 1- 225 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 2- 225 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 3- 250 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 4- 270 lbs x 30 feet

Slight Incline Smith Machine Press
    Set 1- 140 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 160 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 180 lbs x 2 reps

Chest Supported DB Rows
    Set 1- 70 lbs x 20 reps
    Set 2- 70 lbs x 15 reps

Reverse Grip Barbell Preacher Curls
    Set 1- 30 lbs x 7 reps from the bottom to halfway, 7 reps from the top to halfway, 7 reps full range of motion.
    Set 2- 40 lbs x 7 reps from the bottom to halfway, 7 reps from the top to halfway, 5 reps full range of motion.

12-16-2011 Shoulders and Traps

Band Assisted Multigrip Bar Overhead Press
    Set 1- 95 lbs x 7 reps
    Set 2- 95 lbs x 6 reps

Multigrip Bar Front Raises supersetted with BPA
    Set 1- 45 lbs x 15 reps x Purple Band x 15 reps
    Set 2- 45 lbs x 15 reps x Purple Band x 15 reps
    Set 3- 45 lbs x 15 reps x Purple Band x 15 reps

Farmer Walk Shrugs
    Set 1- 75 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 2- 75 lbs x 16 reps
    Set 3- 75 lbs x 17 reps

12-19-2011 Chest, Back and Triceps

Band Assisted Incline Barbell Bench Press (purple band)
    Set 1- 185 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 185 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 3- 185 lbs x 5 reps

Underhand Closegrip Pulldown
    Set 1- 180 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 240 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 300 lbs x 2 reps

Incline Band Flyes supersetted with Incline Closegrip DB Press
    Set 1- Purple Band x 15 reps x 35 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 2- Purple Band x 15 reps x 40 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 3- Purple Band x 15 reps x 40 lbs x 15 reps

12-21-2011 Back, Chest and Biceps

Laying Strongman Rows (Max Effort)
    Set 1- 225 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 2- 270 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 3- 315 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 4- 315 lbs x 30 feet

Incline Smith Machine Bench Press (5/3/1)
    Set 1- 155 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 165 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 190 lbs x 1 rep

DB Rows (Max Reps)
    Set 1- 75 lbs x 18 reps
    Set 2- 75 lbs x 12 reps

Reverse Barbell Preacher Curls 21s (accessory movement)
    Set 1- 30 lbs x 7 reps from the top to halfway, 7 reps from the bottom to halfway, 7 full reps
    Set 2- 30 lbs x 7 reps from the top to halfway, 7 reps from the bottom to halfway, 7 full reps

Barbell Preacher Curls
    Set 1- 30 lbs x 15 reps

12-23-2011 Shoulders and Traps

Multigrip Bar Shoulder Press
    Set 1- 95 lbs x 10 reps
    Set 2- 95 lbs x 11 reps
    Set 3- 95 lbs x 9 reps

Multigrip Bar Front Raises supersetted with Band Facepulls to Cleans

Farmer Walk Shrugs
    Set 1- 75 lbs x 18 reps
    Set 2- 75 lbs x 20 reps
    Set 3- 75 lbs x 20 reps

12-26-2011 Cardio

Dragonfly Handcycle- Duration: 25 minutes
    Distance: 3.12 miles
    Calories Burned: 407

12-28-2011 Chest, Back and Triceps

Incline Band Assisted Bench Press
    Set 1- 165 lbs x 6 reps
    Set 2- 185 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 3- 205 lbs x 3 reps

Underhand Closegrip Pulldown
    Set 1- 200 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 260 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 305 lbs x 1 rep

Incline Closegrip DB Press supersetted with Incline Fat Gripz Cable Flyes
    Set 1- 40 lbs x 15 reps x 20 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 2- 40 lbs x 15 reps x 20 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 3- 40 lbs x 15 reps x 20 lbs x 10 reps

12-30-2011 Back, Chest and Biceps

Strongman Rows
    Set 1- 225 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 2- 270 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 3- 315 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 4- 330 lbs x 30 feet

Incline Smith Press
    Set 1- 155 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 165 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 190 lbs x 1 rep

Chest Supported DB Row
    Set 1- 75 lbs x 19 reps
    Set 2- 75 lbs x 13 reps

Reverse Grip Barbell Preacher Curl 21s
    Set 1- 30 lbs x 7 reps x 7 reps x 7 reps
    Set 2- 30 lbs x 7 reps x 7 reps x 7 reps

Regular Grip Barbell Preacher Curls
    Set 1- 30 lbs x 15 reps

last training session of the year 12-31-2011 Shoulders and Traps

Fat Gripz Barbell Shoulder Pin Presses supersetted w/ Band Pulldowns
    Set 1- 95 lbs x 5 reps x Pink Mini Band x 15 reps
    Set 2- 95 lbs x 5 reps x Pink Mini Band x 15 reps
    Set 3- 95 lbs x 6 reps x Pink Mini Band x 15 reps

Chain Front Raises supersetted with Band Facepulls

Timed Kettlebell Shrugs (30 seconds) supersetted w/ Reverse Shrugs with Bands
    Set 1- 25 lbs x 49 reps x Pink Mini Band x 15 reps
    Set 2- 25 lbs x 50 reps x Pink Mini Band x 15 reps
    Set 3- 25 lbs x 60 reps x Pink Mini Band x 15 reps

Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Best of luck! You can do it!!!

Originally Posted by garjantua View Post
    Hi everyone, my name is Brian Simmons. I am on a journey to become a Pro Wheelchair Bodybuilder. I was born with Spina Bifida and have limited use of my lower body. I first got into bodybuilding in June 2006 after I went to my first bodybuilding show and witnessed the wheelchair competitors. Right then and there I knew I wanted to join them up on stage one day.

Follow me on my journey of obtaining my Pro Status and beyond.

Stats as of 11-29-2011
    Age - 27
    Weight - 185 lbs
    Chest - 45.5 inches
    Arms - 17 inches
    Waist - 36 inches
    Shoulders - 50 inches

Supplements:
    ON Essential Amino Energy
    Biotest Alpha Male
    BSN Syntha-6
    Pure Protein 100% Whey Protein

Thank you Inama, I am busting my butt this year!
    Originally Posted by Inama View Post
    Best of luck! You can do it!!!

1-2-2012 Chest, Back and Triceps

Band Assisted Barbell Incline Press
    Set 1- 175 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 200 lbs x 4 reps
    Set 3- 205 lbs x 2 reps

Underhand Closegrip Pulldowns
    Set 1- 220 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 280 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 305 lbs x 2 reps

Closegrip DB Press supersetted w/ Fat Grip Cable Flye
    Set 1- 40 lbs x 15 reps x 40 lbs x 15 reps
    Set 2- 40 lbs x 15 reps x 40 lbs x 10 reps
    Set 3- 40 lbs x 15 reps x 30 lbs x 10 reps

1-4-2012 Back, Chest and Biceps

Strongman Rows
    Set 1- 225 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 2- 270 lbs x 30 feet
    Set 3- 330 lbs x 30 feet

Slight Incline DB Chest Press
    Set 1- 65 lbs x 5 reps
    Set 2- 75 lbs x 3 reps
    Set 3- 80 lbs x 8 reps

Chest Supported Incline DB Row
    Set 1- 75 lbs x 20 reps
    Set 2- 75 lbs x 16 reps