Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Soaking in a Digital Bath ShaneSwan's Avatar
    ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShaneSwan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Abbas K. View Post
    NaturalPursuit,

Thanks for welcoming me. I just started a new routine here for my off season. More emphasis on my chest and arms. I have never tried this before but these are the areas I need to bring up before I come back to the stage.

Day 1 chest supersets
    arms supersets

Day 2 Quads, calves

Day 3 Back, forearms

Day 4 off

Day 5 Chest straight sets
    Arms straight sets

Day 6 Shoulders , hams

Day 7 Off
    Hi Abbas. What particular excercises and rep ranges are you going to be doing in order to bring up your chest? Do you find you respond best to BB or DB with chest growth?
    Feed me here
    Fill me up again
    Temporarily pacify this hunger thats so cruel

Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome to the forums!

IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    awesome to see pro's converse like this
    ==============
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Down In The Dungeon!

Dorian Yates is Uno Numero - Exclusively training HIT

SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great to have you on the site.

NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    welcome! very happy to have a pro on the boards!!
    Instagram @drsuperdose
    Online coaching & Contest prep
    www.thorntonfitness.com

featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome
    Natural Bodybuilding - The Lonely Journey

milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milksworth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wow! a live pro posting on the board! nice to see one again. welcome!

LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000) LimitBreak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hello and welcome

where in orange county exactly ?

and how much is the gym membership fee ?

PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000) PEETcassidy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome to the board. Awesome to have a pro here to ask questions.

I have some supplement questions I'd love to ask but won't as it would just be awkward as you'd obviously be in a position where you couldn't really answer. So what I will ask is, who was your favourite bodybuilder coming up?

If you would be cool to answer my other questions, let me know and I will fire away, but if not I tottally understand and its just great to have such an awesome competitor posting here.

Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    valiantmiller16,

NO problem bro, I"ll be around . I love the sport every since I started and love talking everything about it.
    Abbas Khatami

www.********.com/abbaskhatami
    www.youtube.com/abbaskhatami
    www.twitter.com/abbas_khatami
    abbaskhatami@aol.com

Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abbas K. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ShaneSwan,

Well now that Im doing my chest twice a week , the first session is heavy around 10 sets total and reps around 8-10. This day I'll be using a combination of smith and just dumbells. THe second session will be a superset day using more fly movements and some machines more of a squeezing day. Then one day if Im tired on the heavy day or not recouped yet I'll just do unilateral movements , everything just a machine but one arm at a time. I've tried this before and get an extreme pump. You cant really go heavy and thats not the point but you have one hand on the chest that you are moving just to make sure you are squeezing fully at the top.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

PEETcassidy,

THanks for the welcome bro. As of now I like Kia's physique. He is wider than everyone and thick as hell too.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000) Fever4DaFlavor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Abbas I sub'd your youtube channel....Great videos.....Looking forward to seeing more vids in your off-season.

LimitBreak,

Im out of Lake Forest where I train people at. It's only maybe $15-20 a month. The synergy gym moved and just took all the good and neccessary equipment to another location right off lake forest. It only for people coming in with their trainer. Let me know if you wanna stop by.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

ROcky-Balboa, Thanks for welcoming me I appreciate it. Hope you enjoy.

IronLyfe, Thanks bro , I enjoy it. Hope it helps

SamTek, Thank you as well.

NaturalLoco, Thank you my pleasure

Featureless, Thanks for the welcome bro.

Milksworth, Hey thanks bro, I love giving back so no problem being on board here.
    Last edited by Abbas K.; 11-07-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice seeing pros posting here! I wish you further success.

Question, although I guess it's pretty silly to ask, but still....do you ever get DOMS in some bodyparts after all these years of training?
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

xuerebx,

Thank you for your post. But I dont understand what you mean by DOMS in some bodyparts.. Could you explain.

THanks
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

Our Fitness retreat. Come out and get some great training and info for a weekend.

Anyone interested in learing and training from a pro. Come out get in some hard core training for both men and women. Plus the whole time is tailored for your needs and goals.
    Attached Images
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OtisBDriftwood,

Yes when I prep for my shows I do. Offseason I usually do my own thing though. Im very knowledgable in nutrition and how my body reacts in the off season. So I tend to just keep it simple and train hard, at times I back off and recoup , but this year Im keeping cardio in at least 5 days a week. Just good for the heart and cardiovascular conditioning when you tend to gain a lot of weight.
    I was also wondering, as you said you are knowledgable in nutrition, how do you personally go about finding your total caloric intake, then how do you divide that into your specific macronutrient ratios.

Thanks in advance!
    advertising not permitted

wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    xuerebx,

Thank you for your post. But I dont understand what you mean by DOMS in some bodyparts.. Could you explain.

THanks
    DOMS - Delayed onset muscle soreness. Basically, having sore muscles a day or 2 after working them.

And thanks for the pics bro, looking good and I can see what you mean about your weak areas, it's cool that you recognise what you need to improve on in order to actually be competitive on stage. I'll be following the whole time to see the transformation.

A good idea could be to literally take some pics of the manditory poses as you are now and put em in this thread and then we can always compare how your improving as the months go by.
    IG: waldronconstruction

PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PINO2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Welcome to this forum Abbas , over the years i always admired your physique and wondered why you hadn't turned pro yet...well now it's done man , congrats !
    train hard

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    xuerebx,

THanks
    Originally Posted by wala View Post
    DOMS - Delayed onset muscle soreness. Basically, having sore muscles a day or 2 after working them.
    Yep, basically that - do you still get sore muscles 2-3 days after a brutal workout?
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Hey everyone , I'll get back to all the questions by tonight or tomorrow, just been a crazy day.

Thanks.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome to the boards

BulkyPinoy61.

Thanks bro I appreciate it , hope you enjoy.

Abbas
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

xuerebx,

OH yeah bro, the worst is my quads. Not too much in my hams but just quads hit me hard the second say. If Im sore a little the day after I know I'll be even worse the next day. This usually happens if I skip a quad workout. I will do this at times cause Im really not trying to bring up my legs at this moment.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

PINO2007,

Thanks bro, apreciate the welcome. Yeah it took me some time to turn pro you could say LOL. There were just a few years there that when you come so close so many times you kinda start to contimplate if you will ever turn pro and if you should push hard for another year for another shot at it. So some years there I really didnt push hard in the off season therefore I really didnt make much gains like I should have. Thats why people have said well you havent grown much over the years. Yeah I know cause I didnt pushed hard some years. So finally back in 2009I said to myself that Im gonna give it my all this time and go for it. I won the IFBB North Americans but lost the over all again for the second time. HA so it's kinda hard being on the scene and you've beaten people who have already turned pro and I was still taking a crack at it. So one last time agin in 2010 and I traing with another good friend of mine who is an older pro he pushed me hard and I Loved it. Felt like s*** but I came in hard has hell.

And thank you for the congrats. Take care and keep posting.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

wala,

Yeah bro for sure, I'll be taking some pics and posting no problem. Just kinda dont want to do too much cause I really want to have that shock value for when I come back. So maybe a few pics here and there . But yeah the most improved will be my chest and arms, I have no doubt about that.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

NaturalPursuit,

Well to be honest there is no way to really find out exactly how much your body needs. Everyday is different, some day you do more some days less. To me its all a little trial and error. I have gotten many people ready for shows and have gotten them harder than they ever have by just asking their weight and looking at them. I dont even use calipers to check body fat. I have just gone through schooling and actually just real life trial and error it is just second nature for me. For me and anyone else I would help , depending on a man or woman usually I'll do 1.5g pro for women and about 2 grams for men for offseason per pound. Carbs you just have to play with for a few weeks. IF you are getting too bloated then back off the carbs. For me I know I can do about 400-500 g carbs , any more than that I am too stuffed and start getting sloppy. Now for fats. For women I always have them eat healthy fats, same with the men. Now a days I keep my fats to about 150g , this coming from flax seed oil, almond, avocados, and brazil nuts. This is for off season , while preping for a show I'll cut back on this slowly. If I am coming down too fast and need so slow down my cutting process I'll put more fats back it. It tends to keep me fuller and slows down the digestion process, plus keeps the cravings down cause you are fuller for a longer period of time, and lastly it stabalizes your sugar level.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com

Fever4DaFlavor,

Great bro I hope you enjoy. I try to keep them hardcore, fun, and educational all at the same time. Sometimes I'll goof off in the videos, just part of my personality. I like to keep things fun. Then at times all out hard core. Hope you enjoy. I'll be posting up more soon. Im just starting my offseason so I'll post up on youtube my training at the least one or two sessions a week, in another week or two.
    Abbas Khatami

abbaskhatami@aol.com