Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ask a Disney Tour Guide Anything

I have been doing this job for a couple of years now and its pretty fun. People (usually loaded ones) can arrange for a tour guide while at the resort for however long they want, we drive them around and walk them through everything and basically just hang out on vacation with them when they want us there.

I can answer in A.) Tour guide mode where I "preserve the magic" and dont give anything away
    or B.) Miscer mode and tell you whatever

Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000) Chynaman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lightell View Post
    I have been doing this job for a couple of years now and its pretty fun. People (usually loaded ones) can arrange for a tour guide while at the resort for however long they want, we drive them around and walk them through everything and basically just hang out on vacation with them when they want us there.

I can answer in A.) Tour guide mode where I "preserve the magic" and dont give anything away
    or B.) Miscer mode and tell you whatever
    so you bang cinderella yet? also you get tipped?

lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10) lightell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Chynaman View Post
    so you bang cinderella yet? also you get tipped?
    No but I know a lot of the princesses and most are pretty wild outside of work

Yes I get tipped on top of hourly

MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I feel like there is something wanna know but I cant think of any questions to ask, so maybe u can just tell us all the cool stuff nomsayin?

Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    whats the most awkward experience youve had on the job

Originally Posted by MikeD4386 View Post
    I feel like there is something wanna know but I cant think of any questions to ask, so maybe u can just tell us all the cool stuff nomsayin?
    SO much,

I eat free, I hang out with usually fun people all day, I get long breaks when they want to be alone, I get gifts a lot from people and work with lots of awesome co-workers

PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000) PJbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    how does one acquire this job

NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoelAttack123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    world or land?

Originally Posted by Darkwatcher759 View Post
    whats the most awkward experience youve had on the job
    Usually when the parents fight, there is really nothing that you can do but stand there. It dosent happen much but sometimes people just get stressed. I also remember telling people that a ride wasnt scary and then when we got off the kid was crying his eyes out (way to old to be crying) they were pretty mad the rest of the day.

Originally Posted by NoelAttack123 View Post
    world or land?
    world

hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you work in Florida or Cali? Do you get benifits? Whats your wages roughly? Have you ever hooked up with a chick there? A coworker or guest? Did they send you to school to learn how to be extra friendly? How did you learn all the "disney magic?" was that a class also? Ive acually always wanted to work there. Maybe after i retire it will be my second job.

strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500) strunz is not very helpful. (-500)
    u in florida? my friend in my college is moving to florida to work at disney. shes just dropping out lol !

Snap into a Slim Jim! BrahchoMan's Avatar
    BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrahchoMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ever worked with any celebrities? If yes, which ones?

Originally Posted by PJbrah View Post
    how does one acquire this job
    I would suggest getting a regular hourly job in the parks o rhotels , then they hold interviews and you can go try out, its a very intensive interview process and you are reviewed a lot.

Basically you have to know just about everything about the resort and be the kind of person that anyone can hang out with all day.

d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000)
    How much do you make hourly?

And what is the usual tip?

Originally Posted by hemi_n_cali View Post
    Do you work in Florida or Cali? Do you get benifits? Whats your wages roughly? Have you ever hooked up with a chick there? A coworker or guest? Did they send you to school to learn how to be extra friendly? How did you learn all the "disney magic?" was that a class also? Ive acually always wanted to work there. Maybe after i retire it will be my second job.
    Florida, yes benefits , $15 an hour plus tips, hooked up with coworkers, yes we go to Disney university to learn (actuall university on property the size of a community college) Many retirees work there

Originally Posted by strunz View Post
    u in florida? my friend in my college is moving to florida to work at disney. shes just dropping out lol !
    Many people do this

Originally Posted by BrahchoMan View Post
    Ever worked with any celebrities? If yes, which ones?
    Yes many, lots of Disney channel people and several athletes when ESPN the weekend is in town

Originally Posted by d4mn3d View Post
    How much do you make hourly?

And what is the usual tip?
    $15 an hour and tips vary greatly depending on how long I am with a family and how many days I am with them, Last weekend I spent 4 days with a family in a row and got $400.

jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000) jasona is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does any crazy shiit go on at or around the park that regular visitors wouldn't ever know about? Like you and a coworker fuking in the "It's a Small World" ride? Or visitors boning some of your coworkers, like Dad fuking a Princess or mom getting nailed by one of the maintenance dudes?

Basically any sordid shiit that goes on, I want to hear about.
    plnk.to/partynaked

***Georgia Crew***

mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mustang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how did you decide to go for this job? do you get benefits like health insurance, life insurance, 401k, etc?
    | Hoosiers | Irish | Colts | Pacers | Indians |

Originally Posted by jasona View Post
    Does any crazy shiit go on at or around the park that regular visitors wouldn't ever know about? Like you and a coworker fuking in the "It's a Small World" ride? Or visitors boning some of your coworkers, like Dad fuking a Princess or mom getting nailed by one of the maintenance dudes?

Basically any sordid shiit that goes on, I want to hear about.
    Lots of cast members hook up with guests, happens all the time.

Many disney nuts want to buy parts of our costumes and people sell it to them and they say we lost it (have to pay but still come out on top)

One of my friends works at Haunted mansion and has hooked up with a coworker in there after hours, I am sure this happens all the time .

Originally Posted by mustang View Post
    how did you decide to go for this job? do you get benefits?
    I really enjoy helping people have a dream vacation. This place is huge and a lot of people dont know how to tackle it when they come. I know this is something that many people save up for years for so knowing that they are getting the best experience possible makes me feel great.

yes benefits, DIsney has one of the best employee benefits packages around

d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000) d4mn3d is just really nice. (+1000)
    What are some nice things you do for guests (like insider stuff) that usually net larger tips?

Originally Posted by d4mn3d View Post
    What are some nice things you do for guests (like insider stuff) that usually net larger tips?
    Babysit the kids while parents go out to a bar or have dinner,

I am allowed to get free small snacks like ice cream and popcorn or a stuffed animal so if a kid is not tall enough to ride something I will take him to a store to get a stuffed animal and a snack while the family rides.

I also will get them fastpasses to rides they really want to go on and save their seats way early at shows so they dont have to sit for an hour

Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000) Daly_City is just really nice. (+1000)
    could you see yourself doing this for a long time if there was room for advancement?

i never thought about doing this stuff, thought it would lead to nowhere

DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are there really secret tunnels under the park?

Originally Posted by Daly_City View Post
    could you see yourself doing this for a long time if there was room for advancement?

i never thought about doing this stuff, thought it would lead to nowhere
    There is room for advancement, you can become a director of guides, or a vacation planner or manager at any of the guest service locations.

Also you can transfer within the company, I have a degree in business so I can apply for professional jobs when they are posted.

Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Idontlikeit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lightell View Post
    I really enjoy helping people have a dream vacation. This place is huge and a lot of people dont know how to tackle it when they come. I know this is something that many people save up for years for so knowing that they are getting the best experience possible makes me feel great.

yes benefits, DIsney has one of the best employee benefits packages around
    reps on rc. they hired the right person

moar stories

Originally Posted by DJKhaled View Post
    Are there really secret tunnels under the park?
    Yes and they are amazing, its like a city under there

several hotels have a tunnel system as well

jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jiggly_puff is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    reserving spot on potentially epic thread

edit: whats the greatest secret about disney?
    i rep back 250+

no fap crew
    ******** crew

Originally Posted by jiggly_puff View Post
    reserving spot on potentially epic thread

edit: whats the greatest secret about disney?
    Way to many secerets to pick just one, google it there are tons, pick one and Ill tell you if its true or not

one of the best is that lots of women flash the cameras on splash mountain to the point were we have an employee that screens the pics now