Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Gaining muscle but how to lose the fat over it???????

I workout, watch what i eat, water water water...blah blah blah! I have been gaining muscle but I'm still carrying the fat! I'm gaining weight from muscle but not losing the fat it seems...I look better but not what I want! It's making the cardio part of my workouts miserable!!! I've started the paleo diet (easing into it so as not to fail immediatly) hoping this will help but I didn't really eat bad in the first place! I'm not sure what i need to do to get rid of the "perminant winter layer". I'm thinking I just need to up my cardio but i just hate it soooo much! BUT if thats what needs done then I'll do it! Any thoughts????

13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rome wasn't built in a day. Don't get discouraged so easily. What are your goals?

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you want to lose fat, you need to eat less calories than you burn.

Subtract 500 calories daily off of your maintenance to lose ~1lb of fat a week.

It's like magic!
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Adairs,

It doesn't matter if you do a paleo diet, low carb diet, high carb diet, or a freaking swedish meatball diet. You must eat less calories than you burn. Read the stickies in the 'Losing Fat' and 'Nutrition' sections and they have all the info you need to setup an effective and maintainable fat loss diet. Good luck.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

^^^nlite beat me to it, but you get the message.
    Last edited by cnh57811; 11-04-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: nlite beat me to it

RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickardJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    by building more muscles you will burn more calories if you stay on the same intake all the time you will start losing fat. But you have to understand that it takes time. It no problem losing alot of fat in a short time but then you will lose alot of muscles to.
    Keep doing what you do. and the results will come. Take before and after pictures and you will c incredible changes over 1-3 month.
    You can also do measurements on your bodyfat at some gyms. Do that and do it again after 3 months. That will keep you motivated.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RickardJ View Post
    by building more muscles you will burn more calories .
    The metabolisms of a 6foot tall 200lb man at 10% bodyfat and one at 25% bodyfat are negligibly different.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cartu2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Adairs1kitty View Post
    I workout, watch what i eat, water water water...blah blah blah! I have been gaining muscle but I'm still carrying the fat! I'm gaining weight from muscle but not losing the fat it seems...I look better but not what I want! It's making the cardio part of my workouts miserable!!! I've started the paleo diet (easing into it so as not to fail immediatly) hoping this will help but I didn't really eat bad in the first place! I'm not sure what i need to do to get rid of the "perminant winter layer". I'm thinking I just need to up my cardio but i just hate it soooo much! BUT if thats what needs done then I'll do it! Any thoughts????
    If you are gaining muscles mass, you are pretty much eating to supplement your body's needs for more calories. You will gain fat when you build muscles. Like everybody else says, you need to reduce your calorie intake, which means you should not gain muscle mass.

HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RickardJ View Post
    by building more muscles you will burn more calories
    The effectiveness of it is overblown.
    [Watdo?] - Want (''should'' for you naggers) bulk.

Serving true tea for weight-losers
    Literally die during squat
    Home gym-er
    Inadequate/improper lifting equipment
    Pop music sucker \m/

ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Might sound odd but try doing some stretches before and after you exercise. It doesn't happen over night but after some due time you might notice it starting to go away. Then keep @ it.

Edit: Or just portion your diet better. Just thinking eat smaller meals through out the day and see if that helps.

Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adairs1kitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey and thanks to all so far...
    To answer some questions...I do take in less calories than what I burn. I don't eat the bad stuff. I dont drink alcohol. Im not getting fattER I just seem to not be able to shed the layer of fat over the muscles that I'm developing...I have worked out for years but not the lifting part. I just started lifting about 2.5 months ago and can see/feel a huge difference! The one thing I think I may be doing that is holding me up is that I did reduce my cardio when I started lifting...not intentionally just happened that way. Thats why I'm thinking I need to get back on the treadmill or whatever form of cardio I can.

Thanks for the help!
    Kitty

Donaldthe3rd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do HIIT for 30 min in the morning, low intensity cardio for 45-60 min after weight training. as often as possible. once you cut down you can dial back the cardio as needed to maintain.

asadtawana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

If you want to gain muscle and lose fat you should get a diet I know a diet that it really works on losing fat not weight goto [dietlord.cjb*net] fo more information

jforex78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi OP - i wonder how this went?

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jforex78 View Post
    Hi OP - i wonder how this went?
    It's been more than 5 years.

Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jackieatx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem, I was gaining skeletal muscle mass but also body fat. I was lifting heavy several times a week. What I didn't realize was how much I was eating- I was hungry ALL the time. When fall semester started I lost more than 10 pounds, including SMM and gained some fat, but I didn't have time to eat as much and I finally slimmed down. Now I'm in the gym about 3X a week, doing 10-15 mins of cardio to start, shorter sets of the heaviest squats I can do, and then do 45/60 minutes of whatever I'm working that day. Working out less and eating less was the trick for finally losing fat for me, and I went from almost 30% to 26%.