Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up Finally bought a video camera! Bulking progress November 2011

Hey everyone!

I finally bought a video camera, so I'm going to start making workout videos. So, to test it out, I recorded a few videos to show my progress.

Let me know what you think. I'm currently between 172-175 lbs. A shout out goes to Layne for the research he did on leucine and protein synthesis. It's working.

- Skip
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

jpwestco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpwestco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpwestco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpwestco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpwestco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpwestco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Xlnt work...no way you look 44.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everything looks fantastic!
    Firstly - you look way bigger than 172-175!! I would have put you more at 185-190
    Secondly - you look way younger than 44. More like early thirties
    Thirdly - you've got great muscle balance and definition. Your chest is huge, and your delts, traps and arms all stand out for their shape
    You've got very wide last and a narrow waist and a great V shape

Very aesthetic physique!!
    The other thing is that you manage to stay in a cut state all year round!
    Planning to compete any where?
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Everything looks fantastic!
    Firstly - you look way bigger than 172-175!! I would have put you more at 185-190
    Secondly - you look way younger than 44. More like early thirties
    Thirdly - you've got great muscle balance and definition. Your chest is huge, and your delts, traps and arms all stand out for their shape
    You've got very wide last and a narrow waist and a great V shape

Very aesthetic physique!!
    The other thing is that you manage to stay in a cut state all year round!
    Planning to compete any where?
    Thanks, man! I'm thinking of competing next year here in Florida.

So how've you been? You doing any competitions soon?

- Skip
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Abdominator View Post
    Thanks, man! I'm thinking of competing next year here in Florida.

So how've you been? You doing any competitions soon?

- Skip
    Great news on the comp - it's great to have a focus to drive your training and diet
    I'm not really big enough to compete and I'm still 6 weeks post-RC repair. I've had 5 shoulder ops in 18 months, so I need some injury free time to get bigger!
    Your physique is inspirational for us 'oldies'!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Great news on the comp - it's great to have a focus to drive your training and diet
    I'm not really big enough to compete and I'm still 6 weeks post-RC repair. I've had 5 shoulder ops in 18 months, so I need some injury free time to get bigger!
    Your physique is inspirational for us 'oldies'!
    Thanks!

Man, that's rough about the rotator cuff. Take it easy on it. The heaviest weight I bench with now is 225 lbs. for flat bench. For shoulders I use 15-20 lbs. dumbbells for raises and overhead press, I use 40-50 lb. dumbbells. I keep the rep ranges to the point of failure (most times it's around 15-20 for shoulder work). For bench I'm getting around 6-8 reps with 205-225 lbs. I do 60-70 lbs. for dumbbell incline bench, and 135-185 for incline barbell bench. For decline I also do 135-185 lbs. I had a tendon injury in my shoulder back in 2000, and it started bothering me again earlier this year when I started doing heavy bench again. To correct the problem, I modified my elbow position so they were a little closer to my body as I performed the exercise. Now, my shoulder insertion doesn't bother me at all, and I can get the heavier weight up consistently. That's helped a lot with my chest density during the past year. So, no more benching 245+ lbs. for me. I'm happy with how my chest has developed, so if I can just maintain it as long as possible, I'm set.

Here's my extended chest workout: http://www.podarco.com/fitness/content/view/79/128/

Let me know what you think. Some of the workouts should be good for you to try during your rehab.

Here's one of the exercises for upper chest, with a little bicep work thrown in too:

And another video post workout:

- Skip
    Last edited by Abdominator; 11-06-2011 at 08:56 AM.

baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baje426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks!

Man, that's rough about the rotator cuff. Take it easy on it. The heaviest weight I bench with now is 225 lbs. for flat bench. For shoulders I use 15-20 lbs. dumbbells for raises and overhead press, I use 40-50 lb. dumbbells. I keep the rep ranges to the point of failure (most times it's around 15-20 for shoulder work). For bench I'm getting around 6-8 reps with 205-225 lbs. I do 60-70 lbs. for dumbbell incline bench, and 135-185 for incline barbell bench. For decline I also do 135-185 lbs. I had a tendon injury in my shoulder back in 2000, and it started bothering me again earlier this year when I started doing heavy bench again. To correct the problem, I modified my elbow position so they were a little closer to my body as I performed the exercise. Now, my shoulder insertion doesn't bother me at all, and I can get the heavier weight up consistently. That's helped a lot with my chest density during the past year. So, no more benching 245+ lbs. for me. I'm happy with how my chest has developed, so if I can just maintain it as long as possible, I'm set.

Here's my extended chest workout: http://www.podarco.com/fitness/content/view/79/128/

Let me know what you think. Some of the workouts should be good for you to try during your rehab.

Here's one of the exercises for upper chest, with a little bicep work thrown in too:

And another video post workout:

- Skip
    Looking huge man cant believe we are the same weight and I look way smaller than you lol thanks for the motivation for hitting it harder in the gym tomorrow. See your still maintaining the abs while bulking good luck with the comp next year
    never givin up

Originally Posted by baje426 View Post
    Looking huge man cant believe we are the same weight and I look way smaller than you lol thanks for the motivation for hitting it harder in the gym tomorrow. See your still maintaining the abs while bulking good luck with the comp next year
    Thanks, man!

I posted a few new videos last week:

And you know I have to represent bodybuilding.com, right?

My shirt is the dri-mesh Bodybuilding.com shirt, Medium. I noticed their on clearance in the store. I hope they keep making more of these. I love these shirts and how they fit. I get so many people asking me about it.

- Skip

mxmuscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mxmuscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mxmuscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice work!

Originally Posted by mxmuscles View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks, MX!

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    SKIPPY!!!

Man oh man has it been a while, how have things been brother?! You're looking great as always. Its refreshing to see some of the old guys still on here. Hows work, the family, life?
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey everyone!

I finally bought a video camera, so I'm going to start making workout videos. So, to test it out, I recorded a few videos to show my progress.

Let me know what you think. I'm currently between 172-175 lbs. A shout out goes to Layne for the research he did on leucine and protein synthesis. It's working.

- Skip
    Holy crap!!! Incredibly impressive. Are you seriously 44??

Originally Posted by BigNorwegian View Post
    SKIPPY!!!

Man oh man has it been a while, how have things been brother?! You're looking great as always. Its refreshing to see some of the old guys still on here. Hows work, the family, life?
    Hey BigN! It's been a while! Life has been great! My son is just over a year old now:

He's quite strong and growing very quickly. I was in the garage doing chin-up the other day and he was giggling at me. Maybe my form was off?

How've you been?

Originally Posted by mccoy19 View Post
    Holy crap!!! Incredibly impressive. Are you seriously 44??
    Thanks, man. Yeah... I'll be 45 in August of 2012. Been training consistently for over 26 years.

Here's the link to my channel, where I've posted more posing and training videos: http://www.youtube.com/skippypodar

- Skip

bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey skip looking swole as always. definately looking bigger than 175. awesome work.

Originally Posted by bit View Post
    hey skip looking swole as always. definately looking bigger than 175. awesome work.
    Thanks, big guy!

Here's a relatively new one:

- Skip

jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerry1938 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how how do you do that thing with ur pecks?

jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any leg muscles? Great work though.

Originally Posted by jerry1938 View Post
    how how do you do that thing with ur pecks?
    It's called a "pec bounce". I hold my arms at my side and gently flex my pectorals. Imagine moving your upper arm forward, or in toward your body. When you do that, the pectoral flexes. Once it flexes, relax it and the chest muscle will fall back down. It's fun once you learn how to do it.

Originally Posted by jiorgie View Post
    Any leg muscles? Great work though.
    Yup. I'll make a video of those next. It's not as much fun as all the upper body poses, plus, I'd have to show my underwear. I'll make sure I'm wearing posing trunks or boxer briefs when I do those videos.

- Skip

heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000) heavyduty17 is just really nice. (+1000)
    great work man, keep it up
    25 years old
    NS Bodybuilder
    @gunsguthro on Instagram