afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10) afflictiondude is on a distinguished road. (+10)

General 25-50 mg for measuring 1-3 dimethylamylamine

I'm not going to go out and buy an expensive scale just to measure out the difference between 25-50 mg of 1-3 dimethylamylamine (DMAA), the material in jack3d for focus and concentration. It said on ebay that I recieve a measuring scoop with it, when I'm pretty sure it came with nothing. So instead I popped open a 50 mg pill of monocycline, and poured half the capsule onto the tip of a small sharp knife to get an observable measure of what 25 mg looks like eyeballing it. I then did the same with the 1-3 dimethylamylamine and added it to my water bottle, and now know an accurate estimate of the amount I need. Is it acceptable to be doing this?

I figure most people take 2 scoops of jack3d anyways, so it varying between 25-50 mg isn't a big deal. What do you think? Easier ways to measure? Not buying a micro scoop on ebay, too expensive when you take into account shipping cost.

In my preworkout stack I also included the following.

5g of creatine
    6g of Citrulline Malate
    3g of Beta Alanine
    25-50 mg of DMAA
    half a packet of purple gatorade
    200 mg caffiene pill

What do you think of my preworkout supplement?
    Last edited by afflictiondude; 11-04-2011 at 12:02 AM.

ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ophidian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your preworkout sounds fine. Your measuring technique does not. The problem with that technique is that it assumes monocycline has approximately the same density as 1,3 dimeth. It may, it may not. I have no clue. Combine that with the inherent inaccuracy in measuring by eye and you may end up with significant variance from the desired dose. 1,3 has a much smaller effective dose than caffeine and there are enough stories about people mis-measuring their caffeine powder and having health complications as a result to make imprecise measurement of a more powerful substance seem anything other than potentially dangerous.

I don't really have any alternatives from what you have already outlined. You may be able to find a small measuring spoon at a baking supply store or the like instead of a scoop on eBay - I personally have a 1/4 teaspoon one that is the right size for some supps. It's not worth risking your health to save a few $$$ on a spoon though, IMO.

Regards,
    Chris

CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^ That, though I would still recommend you weigh it. $20 can get you a pretty accurate mg scale.

Unregistered User StrongRepublican's Avatar
    StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CDMMA View Post
    ^ That, though I would still recommend you weigh it. $20 can get you a pretty accurate mg scale.
    ^^THIS

Scales are not expensive, and can be used for so many different things.

E.G. I buy 6lbs of ground beef and weigh it out myself into 1lb bags to save money.

I also double check the scoop weight for any supplements I use to verify the serving size.

Get a scale dude.
    Eat Less, Exercise More, Repeat Forever