Chr1st1an0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it possible I'm not losing weight due to water retention?

I've been losing weight steadily for about a year now, using various methods to lose weight with the main goal focused on a caloric deficit. I was eating on a meal plan for a bit, but now I'm eating whatever I want really, but just focused on hitting my calorie and macro goals, with macros looking like Carbs: 40% Protein 40% and Fat: 20%.

I also recently started focusing on my overall health by taking supplements like creatine, bcaa's, fish oil etc. And with that I've been drinking about a gallon to a gallon and a half per day. I've been stuck at about 190 for a while now, and my calories are about 1700 to 1600 yet I'm not losing any weight. My maintenance level should be about 2800, so I'm certainly in a deficit. Could drinking so much water be holding me back from losing any more weight? My fat does feel more squishy and 'water-like'.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Water retention doesn't last very long. If its been 2-3 weeks without weight loss you are definitely NOT in a deficit.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you 100% counting your calories every day? Something is not adding up.

thetamikasmith is on a distinguished road. (+10)

It Very Well Could Be

Originally Posted by Chr1st1an0 View Post
    I've been losing weight steadily for about a year now, using various methods to lose weight with the main goal focused on a caloric deficit. I was eating on a meal plan for a bit, but now I'm eating whatever I want really, but just focused on hitting my calorie and macro goals, with macros looking like Carbs: 40% Protein 40% and Fat: 20%.

I also recently started focusing on my overall health by taking supplements like creatine, bcaa's, fish oil etc. And with that I've been drinking about a gallon to a gallon and a half per day. I've been stuck at about 190 for a while now, and my calories are about 1700 to 1600 yet I'm not losing any weight. My maintenance level should be about 2800, so I'm certainly in a deficit. Could drinking so much water be holding me back from losing any more weight? My fat does feel more squishy and 'water-like'.
    Hello, just speaking from experience. I know everyone is different, but I used to drink a gallon of water a day. That much water can make you feel water-like puffy, and my doctor once told me that most times our kidneys does not put all that water back out at once. Although it may seem like it does and that it should by all the bathroom trips, in reality it does not, and in some cases the water can be like in within the joints/tissue something to that effect. In my case to really have my body to feel less puffed up, I was given prescription fluid pills. Yeah I hated the fact having to take prescription fluid pills for such cause as fluid retention, especially given the fact that I don't have high blood pressure really that is what most prescription fluid pills are blood pressure pills. It really worked in a mighty way. There were a few times before that, I tried over the counter water pills, which did help a great deal, but the prescription was the main ones that unplugged the stopper out the tub so to speak. Also, I had to go on calorie count at one point, and the doctor said that even tho we may think a certain over all amount of calories each day is right for us, sometimes just scaling the number day a little, can make a big difference in order to help us lose weight if what we already been doing is not working. I wish you all the best!
    I became Vegan in August 25, 2018 and to this day I still am. Really considering doing Intermittent Fasting again. I am not sure if Vegan and Intermittent Fasting go together, and so far I have not found anyone doing them both. The truth is I probably would not need to go back to Intermittent Fasting if I just completely keep fish out my diet, which for the most part I do, but lately I have been eating it every now and then. http://weightlossjourney4u.wordpress.com

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Chr1st1an0 View Post
    I've been stuck at about 190 for a while now, and my calories are about 1700 to 1600 yet I'm not losing any weight. My maintenance level should be about 2800, so I'm certainly in a deficit.
    No, you aren't.

If you were, then you would be losing weight. So either your maintenance level is way, way lower than you think it is or you are eating way, way more than you think that you are.

Reality is that it is probably a bit of both. Maintenance is probably closer to 2200-2300/day and you are actually eating about the same, thus no weight loss.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.