Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ohjez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's who you know so, build a strong network.

And things will go better than expected.

Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ohjez View Post
    It's who you know so, build a strong network.

And things will go better than expected.
    This is what takes students 4-5 years at an accredited university to realize.
    Life is all about WHO you know and HOW you treat them.
    Business degrees are merely a conversation starter that have a tremendous effect if talking to the right people who can get you into the inner circle of companies.
    Mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of Your name.

Jesus Christ saved my life. And that's nothing to be ashamed of, but it's everything to be proud and thankful of.

olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this came out a few days ago in the wsj

The Safest Jobs in Finance

Some Wealth Managers

Wealth management was projected to be a large area of hiring for 2011, and that's still the case. Firms need folks to cater to the growing number of global millionaires, with the ultra-rich classified as those with investable assets north of $10 million or $25 million.

Firms want private bankers, not just financial advisors. A private banker looks "more broadly at a client's wealth than an financial advisor does," said Doug Rickart, a banking division director with Menlo Park, Calif.-based recruiting firm Robert Half, while a financial advisor may concentrate just on investable assets.

"We haven't seen the demand for wealth management professionals ease up at all," Rickart said. "Wealth management is a safe place to be."

Financial companies view wealth management as stable due to its steady revenues and low risks. Rickart said clients at Robert Half want client-facing wealth managers as well as mid-office professionals who have operational roles, like trade clearing. Back-office support staff are also needed in accounting, finance and compliance.

Banks want both relationship managers with five or more years of experience as well as junior talent.

Barclays Wealth plans to hire wealth managers globally and plans to double the number of managers in the Americas to 500 by the end of 2015. "We are continuing to build our client facing workforce globally with the majority of hires in the Americas," a spokesperson told FINS.

Deutsche Bank announced plans to hire over 30 relationship managers each year for 2011 and 2012, while Royal Bank of Canada plans to increase its private banking team to 100 to 120 by 2015, up from around 60 now.

Julie Steinberg discusses finance's safe havens with Evan Newmark on MeanStreet.

Julie Steinberg discusses finance's safe havens with Evan Newmark on WSJ's Mean Street.

Accounting

Both in-house and outside accountants can breathe easy for a while.

"We're not experiencing a slowdown," said Mike McNamara, regional director at global staffing firm Accounting Principals, a division of New York-based Adeccoo USA, a recruiting agency. "It's not just a matter of being safe – it's a matter of growth."

Demand for accountants increased in the first quarter 2011, second quarter demand was "phenomenal" and continued through the summer, McNamara said. Companies that are planning to go public or launch a new service need accountants to help them with budgeting, financial analysis and systems integration, said Dawn Fay, district president with Robert Half. New financial regulations stemming from the Dodd-Frank Act are also creating accounting work.

"Regulatory issues cause a lot of complexity in the financial area," said Paula Loop, U.S. and global talent leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Dodd-Frank continues to be a focus in the financial services sector."

Positions are open for accounts payable/accounts receivable accountants, financial analysts, auditors, accountants and controllers, said McNamara of Accounting Principals. Robert Half's clients want accountants with credit and risk management skills.

Big accounting firms are also adding talent. KPMG member firms have hired over 53,000 people in the past 12 months as part of its plan to hire 250,000 globally over five years, an initiative announced last December. The firm will hire 75,000 campus graduates over the next three years, a 25% increase over historical recruitment, a spokesperson said.

Deloitte, which also announced plans last year for its member firms to hire 250,000 globally over five years, said the global hiring outlook hasn't changed. Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria said in August that if conditions don't improve, the firm might bring on 17,000 people in the U.S. instead of the planned 18,000, but for now, the firm's hiring plans remain in place, said Patty Pogemiller, national director, talent acquisition.

PricewaterhouseCoopers said it's monitoring its hiring goals closely but "hasn't pulled back on anything yet," Loop said. The firm plans to hire 45,000 people globally by the end of June 2012, the end of its fiscal year.

Top Private Equity Firms

Many private equity firms aren't hiring, but those with a track record are picking up talent. Over 800 firms are sitting on a total of $384 billion in cash as of October 11, according to data provided by Preqin, a London-based alternative assets research firm.

"The firms that have dry powder are the ones that are hiring," said a private equity associate in New York who asked not to be named. The associate said his firm is actively hiring because it managed to raise money after the financial crisis.

An uptick in deal-making in sectors such as tech or energy means firms that can afford it are bringing in deal professionals. Demand for partner-track jobs have increased by 25% this year, said Sachi Gahan, head of the Venture Capital and Private Equity practice at Glocap Search, a New York-based headhunting firm.

"It makes sense to hire through the financial market downturn," said a partner at a major international private equity firm who did not want to be named. "We invest through the economic cycle, and during the downturn we tend to find that it's a better time for private equity investing, and there happens to be more talented people available to hire at the same time."

Private equity firm Blackstone "expects to hire at its normal rate this year and next," according to a spokesperson. Last year the firm hired more than 150 investment professionals and a similar number of non-investment employees.

Still, plenty of firms are struggling. "It's very Darwinian," said Joseph Logan, a recruiter at Pinnacle Group International, an Arizona-based search group. "If you don't have a really good track record, you're out of business."

Emerging Markets

Banks are expanding workforces in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.

"The demand in Asia and Latin America for bankers is exceptionally strong for both multinational firms and local firms," said Heather Hammond, a senior member of the financial services team at Russell Reynolds, the New York-based executive search firm. Brazil, in particular, needs banking and capital markets professionals.

HSBC, which has plans to cut 30,000 workers around the globe, will hire as many as 15,000 workers in emerging markets over the next three years.

So far this year, HSBC has added 1,500 jobs in Asia-Pacific and 800 jobs in Brazil, all of them front-line, revenue-generating roles, according to a spokesperson.

Britain's Standard Chartered is also expanding in emerging markets. The firm is hiring in China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and in Africa and the Middle East, said Lee Slater, group head of talent acquisition and international mobility. It will have increased headcount by 1,000 in Asia, Africa and the Middle East by the end of this year, he said.
    May all your gains be long term
    May all your losses be ordinary
    May all your deductions be for AGI

crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    got an MIS degree, cant find a job anywhere cause i have no experience.

been unemployed for almost 3 months now, was fun at first but now i'm starting to get worried
    Manlet of peace

Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Calborn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by crss1 View Post
    got an MIS degree, cant find a job anywhere cause i have no experience.

been unemployed for almost 3 months now, was fun at first but now i'm starting to get worried
    would you ever consider moving to other states? there's a demand for your industry (as always) here in CA
    Mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of Your name.

Jesus Christ saved my life. And that's nothing to be ashamed of, but it's everything to be proud and thankful of.

crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Calborn View Post
    would you ever consider moving to other states? there's a demand for your industry (as always) here in CA
    yes, but a part of the problem is just my lack of overall knowledge in the IT field.

I honestly feel like I didnt learn nearly enough in my classes. I'd need to find some sort of internship that will help me learn as I go
    Manlet of peace

EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000) EboBebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MillerDecaXC View Post
    Just a warning for any of you bros that are considering a business degree... dont do it. only jobs you might be able to get are receptionist or administrative assistant jobs but you have to be a female to get them...

so if youre a male considering a Bachelor's in business... id reconsider...

accounting is good if youre good with numbers, anything specialized is good, just dont get a broad business degree like management, marketing, etc... 100% worthless srs
    I just scored a $60k banking job with a finance degree and partial accounting master's. U mad?

#1 Sexiest Miscer streetlethaleg6's Avatar
    streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol...

1. im from a D2 school which = state school... D3 schools are usually private schools, which = better schools

2. how ironic that you call me a "lil guy", yet im stronger than you and look 5x better... brb gaining 30lbs of fat so i can get your respect

[youtube]Wnec6SmjHP0[youtube]
    you're wrong, the higher the division the better the school *******. D3 are low level public state schools. I went to SUNY Plattsburgh. you are lil ******* 159lbs @ 5'9" LOL. you do not look better than me *******, i have been offered to model professionally but chose to pursue finance because you can make wayyyyyyy more money and modeling has no long-term security. I AM WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY STRONGER THAN YOU. CHECK OUT THE STATS *******. MY MAX DL WAS 630LBS RAW AT A BW OF 200, MY BEST LIFT WAS 550LBS @ A BW OF 163LBS SO TRY AGAIN LIL GUY. PLUS I'M COMPLETELY NATURAL

THE FAIL IS SO STRONG WITH YOU IT'S QUITE FUNNY......
    Light days? What is that a tampon?"-Branch Warren

Professional Miscer Strengthftw's Avatar
    Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    intredasting
    Last edited by Strengthftw; 11-03-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    o

4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes, but a part of the problem is just my lack of overall knowledge in the IT field.

I honestly feel like I didnt learn nearly enough in my classes. I'd need to find some sort of internship that will help me learn as I go
    That sucks. What school did you go to? What classes did you take?

JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000) JackJackedSON is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just a warning for any of you bros that are considering a business degree... dont do it. only jobs you might be able to get are receptionist or administrative assistant jobs but you have to be a female to get them...

so if youre a male considering a Bachelor's in business... id reconsider...

accounting is good if youre good with numbers, anything specialized is good, just dont get a broad business degree like management, marketing, etc... 100% worthless srs
    Stop putting Sandwich Artist at Subway on your resume and maybe you'll get a job.
    Come at me mods

jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000) jasowhit is just really nice. (+1000)
    (name)
    (address)
    (email)
    (Phone)

OBJECTIVE

An administrative position that will utilize my education, organizational skills, and people-oriented experience.

EDUCATION

_________ University, ______, PA
    Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 2011
    Concentration: Management

_________ College, ________, PA
    Associate in Applied Science in Business Administration, May 2007
    Teams: Varsity track, Varsity cross-country

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

_____, ________, PA
    Server, June 2006 – Present
    -Deliver services including: bussing and resetting tables, data input using Micros food procurement system, proper order processing, appropriate room service etiquette, courteous and problem-resolving customer service, as well as other duties as assigned.
    -Train new employees on Micros computer systems, as well as basic job areas, mentored as necessary.
    -Serve upscale 4-5 course meals at weddings and banquets, as well as menu dining in the restaurant.
    -Assisting the sales department in developing and producing a promotional video/ad.

__________, _____, PA
    Server/Busser/Dishwasher, August 2003 – May 2006

PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS

MU-SIFE, _______, PA
    Member of SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise), 2010-2011
    -Planned business conference at ______ University with SCORE members by renting the conference room, setting up tables/chairs, scheduling professional business leaders, setting up food services, and planning overall itinerary.
    -Developed and presented business ethics PowerPoint presentation for Pepperidge Farm employees.
    -Participated in fundraisers to support local inner-city youth outreach non-profit organizations.
    -Assisted with promotional booklets, raising money for MU-SIFE.
    -Competed in 2011 USA SIFE Regional competition in Philadelphia. Team placed 2nd runner up.

TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL SKILLS (this is a table on my resume, didnt paste right on here)

·1 Word Processing: MS Word
    ·1 Web: Explorer, Firefox
    ·2 Database: MS Access ·3 Spreadsheets: MS Excel
    ·4 Presentations: MS PowerPoint
    ·2 Research: LexisNexis

OTHER SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS

-Certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid through June 2013
    -Scored above the state and national average on all parts of the NOCTI exam, including Business Management and Administrations, Human Services, and Finance.
    Brah, not even trying to be a dikc but this resume is weak. If I was handed your resume I would not have a clear idea of what it is that you want to do, or can do. Do you want to answer the phones, filing, AP, collections, customer support, lead generation/sales, account management? If I were you, I would simply put: Objective: Full time position as a(n) ______________. With that there is no way misunderstanding of what it is that you want to do.

Secondly, unless you want to be a server, you need to use a functional format. The server info should be at the very bottom with name, location, and date--no other details are necessary. Everyone knows what a servers job entails. The meat and potatoes of your resume should revolve around your objective. If you want to work in an accounting capacity, list the relative achievements, academics, projects, classes so that not only do I see you want to be AR clerk, you also have the requisite knowledge and experience to get the job done.

I don't have time to move onto cover letters, contacts, networking, guerrilla tactics so I am going to have to leave it at that... Good luck.
    *MFC*
    *Always answers Yes before entering Would you smash/bang/hit it thread*
    *Bench Same As Squat Crew*

FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullofAlpha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by olazabal View Post
    this came out a few days ago in the wsj

The Safest Jobs in Finance
    Good luck getting into private equity or emerging markets

Bang Bang Skeet Skeet Patriots25's Avatar
    Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Patriots25 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Opinions on a finance degree?
    The sad part about my post's is that they never get recognized and no one reads them or reps me but it's great because now I can say whatever I want....sharkeisha NOOO

I'm also a Comedian , don't take it so seriously

Creating Gifs for you Brahs http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163749121

Chosen to be Mod Negged from 5814->5058 (11/05/14) AYYY LMAOO

Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zoom24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Patriots25 View Post
    Opinions on a finance degree?
    It's not specific enough and finance jobs are harder to come by in this economy. Go for accounting- it will give you a larger umbrella and will allow you to transfer into finance.

1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1GGY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by streetlethaleg6 View Post
    you're wrong, the higher the division the better the school *******. D3 are low level public state schools. I went to SUNY Plattsburgh. you are lil ******* 159lbs @ 5'9" LOL. you do not look better than me *******, i have been offered to model professionally but chose to pursue finance because you can make wayyyyyyy more money and modeling has no long-term security. I AM WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY STRONGER THAN YOU. CHECK OUT THE STATS *******. MY MAX DL WAS 630LBS RAW AT A BW OF 200, MY BEST LIFT WAS 550LBS @ A BW OF 163LBS SO TRY AGAIN LIL GUY. PLUS I'M COMPLETELY NATURAL

lolol i cant tell if this guy is trolling or not... i assume he is but im not sure... mind=fukked

BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000) BetaIsrael is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by juniorbrah View Post
    you're black tho?
    yup & Jewish & I lift & I'm smart & come from a successful family

feelsgoodman.jpg

Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jem777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Finance/econometrics double major here, am I fuked bros?

Registered User TigersBloodinme's Avatar
    TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigersBloodinme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Misc I have a degree in aviation administration with the FAA elective for ATC CTI, also certificates in Airline management and Airport management.. I want to be a math teacher.. Did u dun goof?

Lol jk just came to brag that I have an FAA job

Originally Posted by 4THCMR View Post
    That sucks. What school did you go to? What classes did you take?
    FAU.

took 1 intro programming class, intro sql, networking(no hands on, all book/lecture), the rest business classes management/marketing etc.

learned enough to understand programming/databases but i'd never be able to write anything of significance.

alot of it is my fault, probably didnt retain as much information as i could have but my classes were a joke nonetheless.

should i try getting any certifications? would studying for those tests help me learn anything of importance for work in the IT field?
    Manlet of peace

#1 Sexiest Miscer streetlethaleg6's Avatar
    streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lolol i cant tell if this guy is trolling or not... i assume he is but im not sure... mind=fukked
    i am dead serious *******

edit: dont be jealous because you are inferior to me, don't worry plenty of people are. and i am completely natural. I NEVER taken any natural test booster, ph, anti-estrogen, hgh, test, winy or any AAS substance in my life (swear to God). I have contemplated it tho, and there is a slight possibility that i will take it in the future but by future i mean 10+ years.don't even get me started in the looks and social life department L-O-L

EDIT2: the only supps i have taken are: creatine, whey protein, multi, ZMA, caffeine, fish oil, and green tea extract.

and no i am not mad.
    Last edited by streetlethaleg6; 11-04-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Light days? What is that a tampon?"-Branch Warren

jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000) jsfs is just really nice. (+1000)
    brb MIS
    I rep quality posts

Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek817 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

lol ironic, pathetic post bro. you don't sound mad at all BTW.

MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i am dead serious *******

edit: dont be jealous because you are inferior to me, don't worry plenty of people are. and i am completely natural. I NEVER taken any natural test booster, ph, anti-estrogen, hgh, test, winy or any AAS substance in my life (swear to God). I have contemplated it tho, and there is a slight possibility that i will take it in the future but by future i mean 10+ years.don't even get me started in the looks and social life department L-O-L

EDIT2: the only supps i have taken are: creatine, whey protein, multi, ZMA, caffeine, fish oil, and green tea extract.

and no i am not mad.
    wtf? these trolls with high rep power blow my fukking mind srs... this guy has to be trolling but im not sure...

why are you mentioning test boosters and being natural?? no one doubts you bro... your average body and average stats are average as fuk! and lol @ adding 100lbs to each of your lifts on your bodyspace as well... mind = exploded @ your level of trolling

shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaker_cup is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ITT OP:

4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 4THCMR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    FAU.

took 1 intro programming class, intro sql, networking(no hands on, all book/lecture), the rest business classes management/marketing etc.

learned enough to understand programming/databases but i'd never be able to write anything of significance.

alot of it is my fault, probably didnt retain as much information as i could have but my classes were a joke nonetheless.

should i try getting any certifications? would studying for those tests help me learn anything of importance for work in the IT field?

Yeah, I'd try getting certifications and get any type of hands on experience you can. Its good that you have a degree but like OP said, if it doesn't relate to real world experience or you can't go in to an interview and answer technical questions, your kind of screwed. I worked with a guy that had two Bachelors and a MBA and was a complete moron but also worked with guys with no degrees that were guru level. You should also try and focus on one career ie. networking, sysadmin, programming, DBA etc.... Learn enough to get in the door then branch out if you want.

wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000) wnc817 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by joelz54_99 View Post
    True story.

Either that or get experience through an internship. Accounting isn't even that good either if you don't have a internship.
    You can't become a CPA if you don't have the required education. The same applies to doctors, lawyers, actuaries, etc. Many jobs that require licensing require specific education.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"The best revenge is revenge."

"Knowledge is power. Ignorance is slavery."

I solve IRS problems and offer free individual tax advice.