Josh200124 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder injuries: Labrum issues, & Subacromial Impingement

So about 3 months ago I injured my right shoulder whilst performing a front cable raise, I rested for about a week and the pain subsided in my day-to-day life but I did notice that my right shoulder did seem to be a bit weaker than my left on pressing movements. Around a month later I started to develop pain around lateral part of my shoulder which I stupidly "shrugged" off. I've also been experiencing crunching in both my left and right shoulder for around a year. It may also be important to note that I did break my left clavicle 2 years ago.

I went to my physiotherapist a week ago and she basically told me that I've got a labrum issue and a rotator cuff issue - which is from a subacromial impingement. I believe that my rotator cuff issue is a result of poor form on the db press when I started lifting around a year ago. I think my rotator cuff/acromion has been aggravated when trying to compensate for my labrum weakness. I actually have a pectoral imbalance as a result of my shoulder injuries - my left pec is much more defined than my right pec. I also have an imbalance in my traps; my right trap is less developed than my left trap but I'm not entirely sure whether this is correlated to my shoulder injury.

She showed me how to loosen up my shoulder tendons and also showed me an isometric lateral shoulder stretch to help to strengthen my shoulder. As for the crunching in both shoulders; my physiotherapist didn't make much of an effort to give me any kind of reasoning or explanation as to why I get it.

Does anyone else have both of these issues and is there a way to train chest safely whilst dealing with them? Any advice would be much appreciated - I haven't actually step foot in the gym in 2 weeks out of fear of aggravating my injuries.

(I'm 16 years old in case that's relevant).

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go see an Orthopedic Surgeon who works with athletes (typically a Team doctor for football, baseball, or hockey - pro or college) for a proper evaluation and then develop a treatment plan from there.