zeannjian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ketosis diet with supplements

Hi all.

I read thru lots of ketosis diet, when, what, how, this, that and so on. I just want to burn belly fats and I hope it will. I'm on 15%BF. 150lbs. 5feet 10.

I just want to clarify the supplements I take is it correct or not:

Lipo 6X
    HMB
    FIsh oil
    Multi vit
    Scivation xtend bcaa
    Whey protein
    creatine (need it?)

Please help me out. Thanks.

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Before using fat burners, have you actually started your diet and had succesful weight loss? Id actually get with the program first.

If you want fish oil, creatine, a multi and protein thats fine. Creatine mono is fine as well, but I wouldnt go beyond that for a while until you get rolling. Well, cheap caffeine cap (200mg) for pre-workouts are fine too, or black coffee.

Later down the road once you hit a sticking point you can introduce a quality fat burner, and Id start out with a non-stim first.

One serious suggestion is checking out Lyle McDonalds website and his ketogenic diet books. Ive been keto dieting for over a decade now and he has the best info for success imo. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Another great site is keto.com. When I ran keto I found it to be very helpful in what I could and could not eat. Dave Palumbo also has a lot of great information. Start with the diet before you worry about sups.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

zeannjian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you guys. =)

mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agreed with what they are saying, except I find slinsane or even just na-r-ala very usefull for refeeds, helps wit bloat and energy from the carbs, and get back into ketosis faster, and I like to up my intake of fish oils also.....when u do get to stims, def ec for appetite control and I believe is more muscle-sparring than some other fatburners may be. Good luck

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by zeannjian View Post
    Hi all.

I read thru lots of ketosis diet, when, what, how, this, that and so on. I just want to burn belly fats and I hope it will. I'm on 15%BF. 150lbs. 5feet 10.

I just want to clarify the supplements I take is it correct or not:

Lipo 6X
    HMB
    FIsh oil
    Multi vit
    Scivation xtend bcaa
    Whey protein
    creatine (need it?)

Please help me out. Thanks.
    Like the other guys have said, make sure your diet is in check and is going to deliver fat loss results before you look to add fat loss supplements. Your list is decent. You have the basics (multi, fish oil, creatine, whey, bcaa) and a stim based fat burner. I'd drop the HMB as it's expensive for what little (if anything) it does.

Also, don't get caught up with fad diets - you want to establish good eating patterns that you can live with for the rest of your life. Some of these low carb diets (keto, atkins, etc) are more fads and tricks than true lifestyle. I don't care what anybody says - at the end of the day, calories are what matter; not fats vs. carbs vs. protein. Sure, some macros help moderate insulin levels better and control hunger, but calories are the key.

For overall health and longevity, it's better to try and incorporate more vegetables and some fruits and not skip any major food macro. Just learn how to fuel your body without over feeding it. Like weight training - healthy eating should be a lifestyle.

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Like the other guys have said, make sure your diet is in check and is going to deliver fat loss results before you look to add fat loss supplements. Your list is decent. You have the basics (multi, fish oil, creatine, whey, bcaa) and a stim based fat burner. I'd drop the HMB as it's expensive for what little (if anything) it does.

Also, don't get caught up with fad diets - you want to establish good eating patterns that you can live with for the rest of your life. Some of these low carb diets (keto, atkins, etc) are more fads and tricks than true lifestyle. I don't care what anybody says - at the end of the day, calories are what matter; not fats vs. carbs vs. protein. Sure, some macros help moderate insulin levels better and control hunger, but calories are the key.

For overall health and longevity, it's better to try and incorporate more vegetables and some fruits and not skip any major food macro. Just learn how to fuel your body without over feeding it. Like weight training - healthy eating should be a lifestyle.

Very, very well said. Don't diet to loose weight, with a diet you can not be consistent with daily after you reach your goal.

Mike
    ….

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i wouldnt call keto diets just a fad... they have been around for damn near 100yrs.. albeit not for the purpose we are talking about now. IMO there is no faster way to lose fat. especially considering the the muscle sparring and appetite supression that come hand in hand with a well designed CKD. you dont need alot if any supplements while in ketosis, the ones you mention would be fine.. i would add coupious amounts of l carnitine and fish oil though. and while we are talking about it... ive found karbolyn to be a pretty nice carb for recomps on a CKD. i literally could not achieve the same severe pump that i got while using karbolyn during the first 8 hrs of recomp on any other source ive tried yet, so it may be worth a try depending on how serious you take your diet and supplements. an example= dextrose about 4 dollars and karbolyn about 40.

i would add that if you want to use lipo 6 during your diet that will be fine. in fact ive been using tight extreme by san and can tell on the weeks i dont use it.. has a nice diuretic effect that leaves me pretty lean by friday mornings. i usually only take it during the week.. and just use insulin mimetics/GDAs over the weekend.

KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    i wouldnt call keto diets just a fad... they have been around for damn near 100yrs.. albeit not for the purpose we are talking about now. IMO there is no faster way to lose fat. especially considering the the muscle sparring and appetite supression that come hand in hand with a well designed CKD. you dont need alot if any supplements while in ketosis, the ones you mention would be fine.. i would add coupious amounts of l carnitine and fish oil though. and while we are talking about it... ive found karbolyn to be a pretty nice carb for recomps on a CKD. i literally could not achieve the same severe pump that i got while using karbolyn during the first 8 hrs of recomp on any other source ive tried yet, so it may be worth a try depending on how serious you take your diet and supplements. an example= dextrose about 4 dollars and karbolyn about 40.

i would add that if you want to use lipo 6 during your diet that will be fine. in fact ive been using tight extreme by san and can tell on the weeks i dont use it.. has a nice diuretic effect that leaves me pretty lean by friday mornings. i usually only take it during the week.. and just use insulin mimetics/GDAs over the weekend.
    I agree, Ive been keto dieting for over a decade now and anything outside of that just feels abnormal to me. To me its a lifestyle that helps me stay lean, not a diet.

Id say for most people a well balanced diet and caloric counting would be best option, but for some keto is the best way to have success long term. I highly suggest reading Lyle McDonald's material though, something like Atkins where they discard caloric counting is a diet thats doomed for failure and not most optimal for athletic training.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000) mikaveli06 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    I agree, Ive been keto dieting for over a decade now and anything outside of that just feels abnormal to me. To me its a lifestyle that helps me stay lean, not a diet.

Id say for most people a well balanced diet and caloric counting would be best option, but for some keto is the best way to have success long term. I highly suggest reading Lyle McDonald's material though, something like Atkins where they discard caloric counting is a diet thats doomed for failure and not most optimal for athletic training.
    Completely agree here....I am doing lyle mcdonalds ud2.0 at moment (I know I'm not ideal weight to start it, but have had good results first 3 weeks) and read the book....I

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post

Question for thought: do you want a diet that works "fast"?

Much of the body of evidence shows that the faster one loses weight, the greater the likelihood of a rebound.

Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post

Not that I fully subscribe to vegetarian diets, but you should at least check out "Forks over Knives" - there seems to be compelling research and anecdotal evidence suggesting that very high animal protein diets are harmful for long term health.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post

Not that I fully subscribe to vegetarian diets, but you should at least check out "Forks over Knives" - there seems to be compelling research and anecdotal evidence suggesting that very high animal protein diets are harmful for long term health.
    Ill look into that and see whats it about...actually I dont eat meat much anymore...If I have meat in a day it will be about 1/3 of a pound cooked, sometimes 1/2 pound...but I usually eat eggs, tofu, soybeans and have protein shakes. On average Ill have meat 3 days a week, sometimes Ill go w/ the whole week without eating any meat at all. I eat veggies every day now, and also eat bread for breakfast (50 grams carbs daily).

Ketogenic dieting doesnt require high meat diets, and Im certainly glad your bringing this to everyone's attention. Personally, I just think meat is gross on most days, but some days I love it.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would wait until 1 month of following the diet correctly before adding supplements in....The only thing i dont consider a supplement is whey protein

once your diet is in check add in the multi, fishoil, creatine, bcaa and the hmb

when you stall out then use the fat burner
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by italianplaya30 View Post
    I would wait until 1 month of following the diet correctly before adding supplements in....The only thing i dont consider a supplement is whey protein

once your diet is in check add in the multi, fishoil, creatine, bcaa and the hmb

when you stall out then use the fat burner
    Its actually recommended to add multi and increase fish oils on keto....fish oils will help burn fat also, and a multi cause chancesare ur not gonna get enough fruits (or veggies) in ur diet