Registered User gradualprogress's Avatar
    gradualprogress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Motivated more than ever...my cut log

Right now I am 180 lbs, 5'10 probably about 15-18% Bf. My estimated lean mass is 142lbs or so depending on the measurement I use. Anyway, after taking some really bad advice as a former binge eater I went on the see food diet. I started at 148 and gained 33lbs in 4 months. Assuming I grew ideally with muscle, that means I gained 8 lbs of muscle and what 25 lbs of fat? While I did get stronger in the bench, ohp and squat, it was not worth it at all as the overeating made me train terribly more often than not. I always hit my protein but never cared about any other aspects. Given all I have learned about nutrition I think I was just looking for an excuse to throw it away and prove it didnt matter but it does.

Anyway whats done is done. I dont regret it because now I know that the slower apporach is definitely the way to go despite whatever people will tell you. I am going to cut to a level of leanness I am comfortable with. I will not be weighing myself only taking waist measurements and going by feel. I see no point to weight as it is completely irrelevant.

My workout and routine is highly inspired by everything I have read and all things I believe. Starting Wednesday my nutrition will be on point as I am at my parents house until then and I'll just control myself but not be what they deem obsessive. Here it is:
    My "big 3" are the squat, bench press and row. Since they are the most important exercises to me I do a back squat, press and row every workout. It looks like this:
    Workout A - Squat 5x5, Bench 5x5, Row 5x5 lying leg raises 1 set by 20. I also do 100 reps of pushups and situps every night.
    Workout B - Squat 2x8, Press 5x5, Row 2x8 Flyes 2x12, leg raises 1x20
    Workout C - Squat 5x4 wit same weight as Monday, Bench same thing, Row Same thing, Rack Pull 1x5 Curls 2x12 leg raises 1x20

Goes Monday Wednesday Friday.

My purpose to starting an online log is help with my form on my exercises. I feel as though I am doing the exercises right but am not sure therefore I am lowering the weight significantly to improve. I will post form videos on Thursday and taking the videos on Wednesday. My workout is 3 days a week with sprints on my off days and I plan on either getting a prowler or pushing my car as well.

Starting off I am going to be eating once a day. I dont care about things like timing or IF but I find that makes me not think about food the most and when dieting that really is the killer.

Diet is chicken breast, egg whites, eggs, vegetables and a non-fat starbucks coffee with splenda after my workouts. Gets me through the rest of the day cause I really give it my all in there.

I allow myself 150g protein which goes like this - my one "meal" is 300g chicken breast, a container of egg whites and 2 whole eggs. That is 155 g of protein, 19 or so fat and 10 carb. Since my lean mass is 140 I figure that is enough. If I am hungry I allow myself a salad. Figure if I am hungry enough for veg I am legit hungry.

Any suggestions let me know. I am not going to stay on the "crash diet" longer than 4 weeks and will have a refeed every Sunday. I figure that is the best day as that is right before my workouts start again. Please critique my form once I get the vids up.

Todays workout went like this

Bench top set of 155 - changed my grip felt much better on the shoulders and tris and hit more chest
    Squat - top set of 125 - bad form dropped to 115 and felt perfect
    Row - 90 x5 felt perfect
    Lying leg raises 1x20
    Will do pushups and situps later tonight
    Diet is just dinner with my family and a few cookies again Im not strict til Thursday ( will prob end up fasting Wednesday to kick things off)

Anyway I can lie myself and say I got marketdly stronger but I only did so in bad form. So the "muscle" I gained is probably even less than I thought. But again whats done is done. Hopefully I can do it right this time. Regards to all following.

gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gnowine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gradualprogress View Post
    Todays workout went like this

Bench top set of 155 - changed my grip felt much better on the shoulders and tris and hit more chest
    Squat - top set of 125 - bad form dropped to 115 and felt perfect
    Row - 90 x5 felt perfect
    Lying leg raises 1x20
    Will do pushups and situps later tonight
    Diet is just dinner with my family and a few cookies again Im not strict til Thursday ( will prob end up fasting Wednesday to kick things off)

Anyway I can lie myself and say I got marketdly stronger but I only did so in bad form. So the "muscle" I gained is probably even less than I thought. But again whats done is done. Hopefully I can do it right this time. Regards to all following.
    why not do the push ups and sit ups at the end of your workout while your heart rate is at its peak?
    My Vlog about Me losing weight and building muscles : youtube.com/gn0
    Finished -My Fat Loss Log -http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147011633
    New -My Journey Reaching Single Digit BF% - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150802893

Probably a better idea and I could do them between sets of squats or the press. Will be doing this and thanks for reading.