the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK ONE HUNDRED-TWELVE :: Who Will Win The 2007 Arnold Classic?

------------------------------------------------------------
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of each TOTW article) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: Who Will Win The 2007 Arnold Classic?

For the week of: February 8th - February 25th
    Sunday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------

This year's Arnold Classic is not short of talent and one of many shows during the year to qualify for the Olympia. Next to the Olympia this is easily one of the biggest shows of the year and does not disappoint. Let's see if some of the underdogs can come in and show us they have what it takes.

Give your opinion on who will be in the top ten and give full details for why you believe it will go down that way.

* Last updated: January 29th, 2007.

2007 Arnold Classic Men's Competitors

1. Gustavo Badell
    2. Mark Dugdale
    3. Tony Freeman
    4. Marcus Haley
    5. Phillip Heath
    6. David Henry
    7. Dexter Jackson
    8. Victor Martinez
    9. Ronny Rockel
    10. Markus Ruhl
    11. Sergey Shelestov
    12. Vince Taylor
    13. Branch Warren
    14. Luke Wood

Bonus Question: Have you ever attended the Arnold Classic and Expo? If so, what did you think of it and how was your experience? Was it what you thought it would be? How could it be made better?

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Will
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    Last edited by webmaster; 02-21-2007 at 03:40 PM.
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice topic, I personally can't wait for the Arnold.

lickmybigboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1:Martinez
    2:Heath
    3:Jackson

Its a great line-up, very competitve, however....
    if martinez comes in anything like his last olympia appearance, its all his!
    "When I go out there onstage, I want to be more than just a blocky guy who waddles onto the posing platform. I want the girls to feel something."

Tom Platz (September 1986)

"Women really do pay attention to a man's glutes. A tight, compact ass is often voted even more desirable than muscular arms and chest. So, if you're lacking, start squatting!"

Ronnie Coleman
    8 time Mr. Olympia

cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cliveapanah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1) martinez
    2)henry
    3)jackson
    4)badell
    5)heath

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice topic.

De_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I would like to respond to the bonus question.
    I am new to body building and would welcome the opportunity to go to the Arnold. I live with in 100 miles of the event
    What I believe would make the whole experience better would be a bigger build up to the event with the general masses. Maybe some TV adds or Radio commercials in Ohio to promote the event. A few special appearances by big name body builders at some local gyms. Maybe give away some tickets for having the best arms in your gym. Make this event like a trip to the Superbowl or going to see my favorite band. I will lay out my hard earned bucks to go but to get me there you need to get me pumped!

De_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry that I did not answer the first part of the question but I have alot to learn about Body building before I can really judge the competitors

Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freud68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking yo

1)Victor Martinez
    2) Phil Heath
    3) Dexter Jackson
    4) Tony Freeman
    5) Gustavo Badell
    6) Markus Ruhl
    7) David Henry

Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe Mil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think Tony Freeman will be in the top 10 because of his 7th place finish in the Mr. Olympia competition he wants the title this year. If I were in the same boat I would want to win and work even harder to achieve my goal. He has worked really hard to achieve his goal and i think he has it this year. The title is his and I can't think of any other man that is deserving enough for this title. There are many people dedicated in bodybuilding and Tony is by far the most dedicated.

I think Marcus Haley will also be in the top 10 because he has won so many titles in his life time including Mr. Nevada Heavyweight and Overall Champion, Border States First Place Heavyweight, Mr. Southern States, Heavyweight and Overall Champion, Mr. USA 3rd Place, Heavyweight, Mr. USA 2nd Place Heavyweight, Mr. Southern USA Heavyweight and Overall Champion, Mr. USA 1st Place Super Heavyweight 2005, Overall Winner Mr. North America 2005. He has many things he's proved already and now he has a change to prove a little more. So this competition isn't going to stop him from his dream of being a bodybuilder as a young kid. He wants this title and he has a great chance of receiving it. The Comet has it this year.

I have never attended the Arnold Classic and Expo. I've seen it and heard about it though. A few of my uncles have attended it because they are also bodybuilders. One of my uncles has won many prizes from bodybuilding. I would love to attend the Arnold Classic once in my life time. Bodybuilding is one of my favorite interests and i am staying dedicated to it until the day i die. My uncles told me they loved going to the Arnold Classic in the past and it is what started them to really become dedicated to bodybuilding. It has done wonders for them. They think it couldn't have been any better than it was and were really interested

MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchMan04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the expo the past three years has been awesome. Lots of the big-name guys out there. If you do go, make sure you get there early! The later you wait, the bigger the crowd gets. If you go on the last day of the expo you can expect to get alot of good deals and even lots more free stuff.... free stuff is always the best part and no matter what day you go, you got tons of it. Every year it gets better and exceeds my expectations, but they could use some more publicity for it. I live only 40 miles from Columbus and unless you live in Columbus, it's tough to find out about it. BB.com needs to get a group trip together or something fun during the expo weekend to meet all the other forum members. I'm game for meetin up with some of you guys.

cmflex84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1) Marcus Haley!

guradesh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. martinez
    2. jackson
    3. freeman
    Adesh Mann

kpole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My top 3

I Think Jackson , Heath and Ruhl will be the top three. I know not many have picked Ruhl to place that high but I think he will suprise everyone at the Classic.
    NO FEAR KPOLE IS NEAR!

Too Sweet to be Sour! RoadPigJohn's Avatar
    RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Who Will Win The 2007 Arnold Classic?
    By RoadPigJohn

?This year's Arnold Classic is not short of talent and one of many shows during the year to qualify for the Olympia. Next to the Olympia this is easily one of the biggest shows of the year and does not disappoint. Let's see if some of the underdogs can come in and show us they have what it takes.?
    Will webmaster bodybuilding.com

1-Phillip Heath
    ---------------
    The young man got it all. Symmetry, proportions, muscularity and attitude.
    Phil is a nice touch of fresh air of the new wave of bodybuilders inspired by classic physics, like Lee Haney, Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler just to name a few.The dedication and passion Phil owns from the sport is what I think is going to determine his victory!

2-Dexter Jackson
    ----------------
    The defending champion dice a slice as always with great package and presentation is going for the runner up this time, Dexter is great from every angle, but he always come to the Arnold in lighter and not to mention the height lats. Phil owns Dexter in the total package presentation since he got NO WEAK point at all.

3-Victor Martinez
    -----------------
    The Dominican is coming to the Arnold with great perspectives but I think if he is not coming in lighter and just come in bigger so forget about it.
    The Arnold from his nature was a show created for classic physics. So if we put things in perspective we are going to notice that Victor is running for size and not to mention he is not constant in his showing.

4-Gustavo Badell
    ----------------
    Gustavo is coming to this show to prove why he is ranked as one of the best physics that ever step on stage since the fist Mr. Olympia Larry Scott.
    Badell knows what he did wrong at the last Arnold and Olympia and I think he is not going to take any chances from anyone, so this time I think he is going to come in lighter than the Olympia since at last time we saw, that was his best formula with the incredible and complete package he already got.

5-Branch Warren
    --------------
    Branch is coming to town to prove why he was second at last years Arnold Classic and to prove that his Olympia placing was a fluke.
    If he really comes conditioned and ripped he is going to be in the top 5 but if not, Don?t spect him to make top 6 or 7 since we already got a lot of aesthetic physics on stage.

6-Toney Freeman
    --------------
    The Big man with two wins in his pocket from the early 2007 season "Ironman and Sacramento" is going to be fighting for the top 6.
    He is going to dial in for this show but don?t spect him to do better since he already peak for 2 shows. Other than that, his confidence and hard work and not to mention his great lines and muscular development are going to be his X-Factor in the Arnold.

7-Mark Dugdale
    -------------
    Talking about Classic, his frame reminds me to the Gold?s Gym logo, with great proportions and symmetry. Mark is going to be in condition for this one! He proves that he is a major player at the Ironman so don?t count him out. With a very symmetric upper and lower body, he is no doubt an underdog for this show.

8-Sergey Shelestov
    -----------------
    Great upper and lower body development, his last show the Ironman prove it.
    Now That he test American waters, he knows that he need to come in extreme condition to be in par with his phenomenal body. He already make an Impact but this time he is going to prove that he is a the best Russia can offer to the bodybuilding world.

9-Ronnie Rockell
    ---------------
    A white Dexter if you ask me, but fuller and with better lats than the original....
    If Rockell comes in his best condition, he is going to place sky high! And I think he could place higher than 9. His past showing prove that he learned how to peak for the few shows he selected so spect big things from the Dexter impersonator.

10-Markus Ruhl
    --------------
    BIG, he is going to present is his traditional form (Great muscularity development but with some symmetry problems), his condition is a major factor this time around. If he really comes in extreme condition, spect him to place higher than 10th but if not, he probably is going down under the score cards of the judges.

2007 Arnold Classic is going to be the place for the new breath of fresh air for the sport with an outstanding line up, everything is prepares to be the most exiting and competitive bodybuilding show in years.

RoadPigJohn.
    System Administrator
    CISCO CCNP Data Center, CCENT, CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Data Center and CCDA Certified.
    CompTIA Network+ and A+ Certified.

God be with you mother, I love you.

What we think, we become.
    Buddha.

UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000) UCANDOIT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MitchMan04 View Post
    the expo the past three years has been awesome. Lots of the big-name guys out there. If you do go, make sure you get there early! The later you wait, the bigger the crowd gets. If you go on the last day of the expo you can expect to get alot of good deals and even lots more free stuff.... free stuff is always the best part and no matter what day you go, you got tons of it. Every year it gets better and exceeds my expectations, but they could use some more publicity for it. I live only 40 miles from Columbus and unless you live in Columbus, it's tough to find out about it. BB.com needs to get a group trip together or something fun during the expo weekend to meet all the other forum members. I'm game for meetin up with some of you guys.
    Hi dude

Check the over 35 forum, there is a lunch organised by Chi, should be great

Marcos
    Big fellow in disguise

m-metzner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't wait to see it:
    1. Freeman
    2. Jackson
    3. Martinez
    ...for sure

Collegiate Competitor aznrapsta's Avatar
    aznrapsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Victor Martinez: If he comes in like he did in Olympia or better, he will be able to edge out the old champ for sure just like he did in Olympia simply based on size and equavalent conditioning to Dexter. However, if he goes easy on the dieting or doesn't come in as dry, he will drop one or two places easily.

2. Dexter Jackson: He's the current champ and the only person to have recently beat him in the line up is Victor Martinez. He may be favored (and get the 1st place title) by the judges if him and Victor share similar conditioning simply because he is the current champ.

3. Gustavo Badell: He had a good run for a while, then messed up last Arnold Classic, but I don't think he's going to allow his conditioning to get as bad this year. Based on 06 Olympia, he should come in better than Freeman (plus, Freeman has already done 2 shows and it will be hard for him to hold his conditioning through the Arnold as well).

4. Tony Freeman: He's got a lot of momentum, but he has never beat any of the guys I have listed as 1-3, so I doubt this competition will be any thing special (there is a chance he could maybe skip up to 3rd, but I wasn't even close in conditioning to Victor or Dexter at last years olympia).

5. Phil Heath: I actually really am pulling for this guy, but I just don't see him doing much damage just yet. I just look at who he's beaten and how well they did at olympia (since he hasn't done many shows and its hard to compare). Hes beaten Darrem Charles: 14th, Dennis James: 9th. He didn't beat anyone in the top 5 at olympia during the 2 shows that he did, so I actually don't want to give him too much credit. His conditioning is great, but I dont think hes got the size yet to stand with the big boys.

6. Branch Warren: I think Branch was a little disappointed by last years olympia, and will come back with a vengence. His first true jump through the ranks was at last years Arnold, and I think he will do well, but the level of competition this year is much higher, and hes got his work cut out for him.

7. Marcus Ruhl: Great size, but inconsistent conditioning. I put him here because on a decent day he will probably place 7th. On an outstanding day he will be 5th, or a terrible day he will be 2nd to last. His size makes up for his sometimes lacking conditioning, but I dont see him breaking into the top 5.

8. Mark Dugdale - He did well at the Iron Man and I think that him skipping the Sacramento Pro show will be good for his conditioning and allow him to hold it through to the Arnold. He doesn't have much size since hes a little bit shorter, but he's got the "pretty physique" and the conditioning to place at least 8th.

9. David Henry - This guy probably deserves better, but it just seems like the small guys get lost in the larger shows. I think Henry will come in excellent condition as he usually does, and will do as good as his size will get him, but there's not much he can do at a competition like this to further himself in the placings.

10. Vince Taylor: The senior who can still ride with the youngsters will probably do better than a few of the newer an/or lesser well known bodybuilders simply because he can still come in decent condition and he still has some size to do damage. I don't see him placing very high, but like he always says, hes not here to win, hes here to just run with the young bucks again.

Collegiate Competitor aznrapsta's Avatar
    aznrapsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Victor Martinez: If he comes in like he did in Olympia or better, he will be able to edge out the old champ for sure just like he did in Olympia simply based on size and equavalent conditioning to Dexter. However, if he goes easy on the dieting or doesn't come in as dry, he will drop one or two places easily.

2. Dexter Jackson: He's the current champ and the only person to have recently beat him in the line up is Victor Martinez. He may be favored (and get the 1st place title) by the judges if him and Victor share similar conditioning simply because he is the current champ.

3. Gustavo Badell: He had a good run for a while, then messed up last Arnold Classic, but I don't think he's going to allow his conditioning to get as bad this year. Based on 06 Olympia, he should come in better than Freeman (plus, Freeman has already done 2 shows and it will be hard for him to hold his conditioning through the Arnold as well).

4. Tony Freeman: He's got a lot of momentum, but he has never beat any of the guys I have listed as 1-3, so I doubt this competition will be any thing special (there is a chance he could maybe skip up to 3rd, but I wasn't even close in conditioning to Victor or Dexter at last years olympia).

5. Phil Heath: I actually really am pulling for this guy, but I just don't see him doing much damage just yet. I just look at who he's beaten and how well they did at olympia (since he hasn't done many shows and its hard to compare). Hes beaten Darrem Charles: 14th, Dennis James: 9th. He didn't beat anyone in the top 5 at olympia during the 2 shows that he did, so I actually don't want to give him too much credit. His conditioning is great, but I dont think hes got the size yet to stand with the big boys.

6. Branch Warren: I think Branch was a little disappointed by last years olympia, and will come back with a vengence. His first true jump through the ranks was at last years Arnold, and I think he will do well, but the level of competition this year is much higher, and hes got his work cut out for him.

7. Marcus Ruhl: Great size, but inconsistent conditioning. I put him here because on a decent day he will probably place 7th. On an outstanding day he will be 5th, or a terrible day he will be 2nd to last. His size makes up for his sometimes lacking conditioning, but I dont see him breaking into the top 5.

8. Mark Dugdale: He did well at the Iron Man and I think that him skipping the Sacramento Pro show will be good for his conditioning and allow him to hold it through to the Arnold. He doesn't have much size since hes a little bit shorter, but he's got the "pretty physique" and the conditioning to place at least 8th.

9. David Henry: This guy probably deserves better, but it just seems like the small guys get lost in the larger shows. I think Henry will come in excellent condition as he usually does, and will do as good as his size will get him, but there's not much he can do at a competition like this to further himself in the placings.

10. Vince Taylor: The senior who can still ride with the youngsters will probably do better than a few of the newer an/or lesser well known bodybuilders simply because he can still come in decent condition and he still has some size to do damage. I don't see him placing very high, but like he always says, hes not here to win, hes here to just run with the young bucks again.

Too Sweet to be Sour! RoadPigJohn's Avatar
    RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RoadPigJohn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

In Depth Prediction of

By RoadPigJohn

?This year's Arnold Classic is not short of talent and one of many shows during the year to qualify for the Olympia. Next to the Olympia this is easily one of the biggest shows of the year and does not disappoint. Let's see if some of the underdogs can come in and show us they have what it takes.?
    Will webmaster bodybuilding.com

1-Phillip Heath
    ---------------
    The young man got it all. Symmetry, proportions, muscularity, condition and attitude. Phil is a nice touch of fresh air of the new wave of bodybuilders inspired by classic physics, like Lee Haney, Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler just to name a few. The dedication and passion Phil owns from the sport is what I think is going to determine his victory!

2-Dexter Jackson
    ----------------
    The defending champion dice a slice as always with great package and presentation is going for the runner up this time, Dexter is great from every angle, but he always come to the Arnold in lighter and not to mention the height lats. Phil owns Dexter in the total package presentation since he got NO WEAK point at all.

3-Victor Martinez
    -----------------
    The Dominican is coming to the Arnold with great perspectives but I think if he is not coming in lighter and just come in bigger so forget about it.
    The Arnold from his nature was a show created for classic physics. So if we put things in perspective we are going to notice that Victor is running for size and not to mention he is not constant in his showing.

4-Gustavo Badell
    ----------------
    Gustavo is coming to this show to prove why he is ranked as one of the best physics that ever step on stage since the fist Mr. Olympia Larry Scott.
    Badell knows what he did wrong at the last Arnold and Olympia shows. So I think he is not going to take any chances from anyone on March 3, when he steps on stage in lighter form than the Olympia, because that was his best formula to date, just take a look back to the San Francisco Pro show from 2006 when he won with the incredible and complete package that dethroned runner up Arnold contender Branch Warren

5-Branch Warren
    --------------
    Branch is coming to town to prove why he was second at last years Arnold Classic and to prove that his Olympia placing was a fluke. His best attributes are his overall size, sick vascularity and massive proportions. If he really comes conditioned and ripped he is going to be in the top 5 easily but if he is not near the same condition he presented at last year Arnold, then don?t spect him to make the top 6 or 7 since we already got a lot of aesthetic physics on stage.

6-Toney Freeman
    --------------
    The Big man with two wins in his pocket from the early 2007 season "Ironman and Sacramento" is going to be fighting for the top 6. Toney is well known for his size, proportions, Condition and very aesthetic physic.
    With that in mind I know he is going to dial in for this show but don?t spect him to do better since he already peak for 2 shows. Other than that, his confidence and hard work and not to mention his great lines and muscular development are going to be his X-Factor in the Arnold.

7-Mark Dugdale
    -------------
    Talking about Classic, his frame reminds me to the Gold?s Gym logo, with great proportions and symmetry. Mark is going to be in condition for this one! He proves that he is a major player at the Ironman so don?t count him out. With a very symmetric upper and lower body, he is no doubt an underdog for this show.

8-Sergey Shelestov
    -----------------
    Great upper and lower body with a very dense muscular development, his last show the Ironman prove it. Now That he tested American waters, he knows that he needs to come in extreme condition to be in par with his phenomenal body. He already makes an Impact but this time he is going to prove that he is the best Russia can offer to the bodybuilding world.

9-Ronnie Rockell
    ---------------
    A white Dexter if you ask me, but fuller and with better lats than the original....
    If Rockell comes in his best condition, he is going to place sky high! And I think he could place higher than 9. His past showing proves that he learned how to peak for the few shows he selected and that?s why I consider him the darkhorse of the show. And that?s an accomplishment for the Dexter impersonator.

10-Markus Ruhl
    --------------
    BIG, he is going to present himself in his traditional form (huge muscularity development, big density combined with brutal body parts), his condition is a major factor this time around. If he really comes in extreme condition like the one he showed in the Night of Champions (NY Pro) 2002. Then consider the gigantic German to place higher than 10th but if not, he probably is going down under the score cards of the judges.

2007 Arnold Classic is going to be the place for the new breath of fresh air for the sport with an outstanding line up, everything is prepares to be the most exiting and competitive bodybuilding show in years.

?Bonus Question: Have you ever attended the Arnold Classic and Expo? If so, what did you think of it and how was your experience? Was it what you thought it would be? How could it be made better??

Nope, I never attended to the Arnold shows but I been watching coverage of this show on Flex magazine since 1994, when Kevin Levrone displayed a very ripped and dense overall package on stage. Then in 1995 Mike Francois a Champion Nutrition athlete with incredible size, symmetry and over the top condition, won the title against Flex Wheeler. In 1996 a former Arnold Classic champion Kevin Levrone rise ones again to take the title from the runner up Flex Wheeler. Then in 1997 Flex Wheeler finally took home the most prestigious title in bodybuilding history. So as you can see I?m a big fan of the Arnold Classic so if I have the possibility in the future to go to the Columbus Veterans Memorial Auditorium to watch the event live, that is going to be one of the major accomplishment in my bodybuilding experiences.

RoadPigJohn.
    System Administrator
    CISCO CCNP Data Center, CCENT, CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Data Center and CCDA Certified.
    CompTIA Network+ and A+ Certified.

God be with you mother, I love you.

What we think, we become.
    Buddha.

GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My Top 10 Predictions:

1. Victor Martinez - The first and second place positions were extremely hard to choose. The toss up between Victor Martinez and Dexter Jackson presented quite a struggle. Comparing pictures from the '06 Olympia, it would make sense to assume that if both men came in similar conditions to the Arnold, that Martinez would again edge out the champ. Victor's separation between the biceps and triceps, wider lat spread (creating a stronger V-taper), and nearly perfect symmetry will outweigh the strengths of Jackson.

2. Dexter Jackson - The current champ may very well be dethroned in 2007. He holds some qualities that appear stronger then Martinez, such as his control of his stomach and abdominal area (in nearly every pose, compare him and Martinez in thier "Front Lat Spread" pose, where Martinez definitly loses control of his stomach) and larger traps (reference the "Most Muscular" pose). Jackson's qualities, while appealing, will probably not be able to defeat the awesome physique of Martinez.

3. Phillip Heath - The relatively "new guy" may just pull ahead of Gustavo this year. His overall symetry will definitly put him ahead of Badell and Freeman, but will not be enough to edge above either Jackson or Martinez. Assuming his conditioning is top notch (in comparison to Badell, anyway), Heath may definitly take third place.

4. Tony Freeman - Freeman's massive chest and arms may be his advantage of Badell. While Badell may hold a slight advantage over Freeman in the tricep area, Freeman makes up for it with just about everything else. Freeman's stomach, traps, legs, and biceps all outweigh Badell's, and at the '06 Olympia was in excellent condition. Assuming he comes in the same condition to the Arnold, Badell is in for some trouble.

5. Gustavo Badell - Badell's downfall may very well be his lack of definition in certain areas. The peak of his biceps fall lower then the standards set forth by the men listed above him, and his chest is also lacking. Still an amazing competitor, assuming Freeman comes in the same condition he did in the Olympia, he should take 4th above Gustavo.

6. Branch Warren - A big fellow, his overwhelming chest is quite an achievement. He is well developed all around, but like Martinez, loses control of his stomach in certain poses. His legs are very well developed also. It is possible he could move ahead of Badell this year, depending on how well Badell comes in conditioning wise.

7. Vince Taylor - Taylor's upper body is spectacular, but his major downfall will be his legs, which in comparison the the competitors above, will make them look small. His quads are lacking, but his upper body is what moves him above of the contestants below him. He is one of the few contemporary bodybuilders that can even hold a semi-vacuum during most of his poses. The only upper body muscle really missing from this man is his triceps, which slightly pale in comparison to his superiors.

8. Ronnie Rockel - Rockel is well developed, the peak of his bicep, the seperation between his deltoids and arm is brought out very nicely. Despite his size, he is not as symmetrical as a champion should be, you can notice a distinct difference between his right bicep and his left, it is very apparent in his read double bicep pose. His V-Taper is also not nearly as powerful as most the men above him.

9. David Henry Jr. - David Henry is quite a big fellow, especially his upper body. His upper legs are lacking slightly, and his calves are quite small in comparison to the rest of his body. His arms are large, but the definition between his deltoids/shoulders and lower arms could definitly use some work. His shoulders in general could use some attention.

10. Markus Ruhl - It is a shame that he will even make the top 10, but he undoubtedly will. Forget symmetry and balanced physique, he has size! That will be his key to forging a place in among the top competitors. His arms and legs are quite large, but they definitly overpower his relatively smaller chest. Ruhl's V-Taper is weak in some poses (except for his rear lat spread, where his massive lats simply overwhelm the rest of him), and his body is almost on the verge of being too large for him to hold. He often loses control of his stomach, and other muscles, when he is not directly flexing them. He may be 10th, or he may be higher, based on his sheer mass, but either way, it will not be balance that earns him a spot in the top 10.

BONUS QUESTION: This year will be my first time attending the Arnold. I am fairly new to the sport, but have studied it intensely ever since my introduction to it. I am very excited to see it this year. It is something I looked forward to immensely. The lineup is great, although I am disappointed I will not get to see Melvin Anthony. 2007 will be an excellent year for the Arnold, and it will be an excellent first-time experience, I'm sure of it.
    "There are forty million poor people...why are there forty million poor people in America? And when...you ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question you begin to question the capitalistic economy."

"We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

Martin Luther King Jr.

The Arnold Classic. One of the world’s biggest professional bodybuilding events. After the Olympia, the Arnold is the most famous and prestigious contest ever. Located in Columbus, Ohio, it sets the stage for one of the most exciting events in the bodybuilding community. Along with the main event (men’s bodybuilding) there’s tons of other stuff and competitions. All of this makes the Arnold an exciting fun filled fitness weekend. This year is one of the most exciting in a while. There’s a lot of big up and coming names that have a possible shot for the title. Deciding the top 5 will be a hard task for the judges considering all the talent in this show. The Arnold this year is a must go for any bodybuilding fan.

TOP 10

1st VICTOR MARTINEZ

I believe that if my boy Vic comes in at top shape he will take the show. In the past 2 years Victor has been improving greatly. After a fantastic placing at the Olympia and a couple of pro wins, I believe that Victor is getting very experienced and that he will win this show no questions asked.

2nd Dexter Jackson

With all the symmetry and cuts in the world Dexter had a promising place in the top 3 for sure. I predict that he will place 2nd. Looking back at all of his Arnold appearances, Dexter has shown improvement and great condition. But with Victor in the show, he will have a hard time stealing the spotlight. If Dexter adds more size without messing up on conditioning and symmetry he will be unstoppable

3rd Tony Freeman

Being a tall bodybuilder with great symmetry, Tony has my respect. After meeting up with him at a local show and chatting for a while I got the chance to find out that he’s a truly nice guy. Along with that, he has a well developed and symmetrical physique. He still has things to tweak out, but look out for Tony!

4th Phil Heath

The gift, as the they call him. Heath has a few pro wins, and along with great conditioning and size he packs an awesome overall package. I believe that Vic and Dexter will give Heath a run for his money. The rookie needs to step up his game and come in top shape in order to make an impact on this show.

5th Gustavo Badell

Gustavo is a great bodybuilder. His most impressive placing was 3rd in the Olympia, but that was a while back. He has to step up his game in my opinion in order to move up. Don’t get me wrong he has a great physique that will make him place in the top 5, but in order for another great win he needs to improve.

6th Branch Warren

Branch is another athlete that is an up and coming star. Along with his awesome wheels, he sports a thick chest and great conditioning. I believe that if he gets everything spot on, he could beat Gustavo. Even though he is good and also improving, he is no match for guys like Victor and Dexter. But don’t count him out, Branch has improved drastically and within 1-3 years he will be a serious threat.

7th Mark Dugdale

I have personally seen Mark workout in Gold’s Gym Kirkland. He is an awesome bodybuilder and businessman. If he comes in great shape and conditioning he is going to place in the top 10. In order for him to break the top 5 he needs to add more size while keeping conditioning great.

8th Marcus Ruhl

Marcus Ruhl is the true definition of a mass monster. The guy comes in at a eye-popping size and always makes the fans go crazy. Incredible bicep peaks, and mass with good conditioning. Marcus is one of my favorite bodybuilders, but the German beast will face big names such as Dexter and Vic.

9th Luke Wood

One of my favorite bodybuilders from Australia (Along with Lee Priest). Luke always comes in with a great conditioning and awesome definition. The only bad thing about him is mass. He needs more of it in order to stand out on stage. This is the Arnold, and he will not be noticed that much compared to the likes of Victor and Marcus. Luke needs to add more mass in order to make an big impact.

10th David Henry

Along with Luke, David brings a great package with awesome conditioning. He shares the same problem as Luke. Both of these guys have amazing bodies and always come in with great definition and conditioning. In order for them to break the top 5 they desperately need to add more mass, especially at a contest such as the Arnold.

Bonus Question: Have you ever attended the Arnold Classic and Expo? If so, what did you think of it and how was your experience? Was it what you thought it would be? How could it be made better

I attended the Arnold Classis one year ago and I was amazed at how great the expo and everything else was organized. I like it better than the Olympia for a variety of reasons. First you get to see the new and up-coming talent on stage. Along with that it’s a big weekend filled with random activities, expos and shows. The best part about the Arnold is that the top notch guys in the IFBB such as Jay and Ronnie won’t be competing, which will give the audience a chance to meet them and possibly chat and take a picture. The only thing I would improve is the wait time to see the pros. Most pros have a big line of people that are waiting to see them, so you don’t get a lot of ‘quality time’ and if you are lucky you get to take a picture.

I personally can’t wait for the Arnold this year, it will be an exciting time! As soon as you check in the expo and walk around there is a certain magical feeling to it. It feels like you're in the zone. Everyone else around you is a bodybuilding fan. There's tons of supplement representatives and tons of samples and free goodies. I believe that even though the show is exciting, the expo and the whole enviornment makes it an unbelievable weekend.

Good Luck to all the competitors!

Registered User Math_the_French's Avatar
    Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Math_the_French has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Blade

If we go by the real rule of Bodybuilding aesthetic , massive , Proportion and all
    1-Dexter Jackson
    2-Victor Martinez
    3-Phil Heath
    4-Toney Freeman
    5-Gustavo Badell

I would even put Victor Martinez out of the top 3 he look good when he started but you can see he used lots of HGH and he's Gut are killing he's size ... size vs HGH GUTs ... bodybuilding is about shaping the body not getting huge and ugly ... what happen to bodybuilding ?
    Sorry for my righting I'm French lol I hope you don't hate me for that .

well, i think victor will take it. dexter has symmetry and cuts, while my boy Vic has symmetry cuts and size.

GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whoo. i wasn't that far off.

except for branch warren, he didn't even make it into the top 6 :/
    "There are forty million poor people...why are there forty million poor people in America? And when...you ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question you begin to question the capitalistic economy."

"We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

Martin Luther King Jr.

haha i was right for the top 3!

muscle-shock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muscle-shock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muscle-shock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muscle-shock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muscle-shock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muscle-shock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up Best all around bodybuilder

Victor Martinez - Vic is new star of bodybuilding. He's time is yet to come!