baller68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baller68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baller68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baller68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How do I know if I'm gaining weight or muscle

So I've been working out and stuff. I'm eating more than I should because of muscle growth, and I"m taking True mass protein shakes. Well, I used to weigh 170 before working out and now I'm at 183. I used to be runner, and I can still do a 6 minute mile easily though. I'm also starting to see some gains in lifting weights. Two weeks ago, I couldn't bench my max more than once, now I can do it 6 times.

baller68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baller68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baller68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) baller68 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump

tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by baller68 View Post
    Well, I used to weigh 170 before working out and now I'm at 183. Two weeks ago, I couldn't bench my max more than once, now I can do it 6 times.
    You answered your own question

ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILLUSION818 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pinch your skin around your muscles. Just look in the mirror tho. If your bench is increasing then your gaining muscle
    Rep Back 1k+

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

***Positivity Crew*** (Tell Walid Same Thing)

My Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142440071&pagenumber=

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tmd17 View Post
    You answered your own question
    lol this.

Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Strength gains = Muscle gains (Excluding most CNS adaption). Different ratios depending on how you train.

Pretty much the only short term muscle growth measurement is progressional overload.
    So yes you've gained muscle and maybe some fat, if you think you're getting too fat then just cut. Simple.

m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Qfire View Post
    Strength gains = Muscle gains (Excluding most CNS adaption). Different ratios depending on how you train.

Pretty much the only short term muscle growth measurement is progressional overload.
    So yes you've gained muscle and maybe some fat, if you think you're getting too fat then just cut. Simple.
    This. Fat really isn't gonna increase your lifts
    Workout Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156312423

LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveIntensely will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How long did it take you to put on 13 pounds? Also, get a simple body fat analysis done with some calipers or something. If your percentage went up then you have put on some weight.
    UA alumni '13. Roll Tide. Phi Alpha.

Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You gained both. Your strength greatly increased, your weight greatly increased during the bulk. You ate a lot.

This is normal.

snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just look in the mirror brah, if you're thinking you're gaining too much fat, cut back on the kcal a bit.

KravennMoore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KravennMoore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KravennMoore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KravennMoore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KravennMoore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KravennMoore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You shouldn't be gaining weight if you want to remain aesthetic. You need to turn your fat into muscle. When you do this you will lose fat and gain muscle, but not change your weight. Sorry to break it to you bud, but you just added 13lb's of fat.

snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50) snowlav will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KravennMoore View Post
    You shouldn't be gaining weight if you want to remain aesthetic. You need to turn your fat into muscle. When you do this you will lose fat and gain muscle, but not change your weight. Sorry to break it to you bud, but you just added 13lb's of fat.
    wait wut? turn fat into muscle? Stay at the same weight?

not sure if srs

DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000) DMCa1N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Shut the faurk up *******!! Srs potential for copy pasta here.
    "HE who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid of the PAIN of being a man.."

N.O. XPLODE log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163316641&p=1274890951#post1274890951

Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by baller68 View Post
    two weeks ago, i couldn't bench my max more than once, now i can do it 6 times.
    trolololol

Stunt Professional WhiteKnight4U's Avatar
    WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

no soul no care
    "If death is victory; how afraid of life can we be?"
    "In order to be brave or courageous, you must first be consumed with fear, for a person who is not afraid cannot be brave."
    Invert Y-axis crew

Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainfreak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jacob15728 View Post
    trolololol
    I've done it in awesome gain weeks, it's possible, just you won't do it all the time.

xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xfrenchfrymanx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Gaining muscle is a very slow process despite what the media and advertisements would have you believe. I hope you did not rely on a scale to know if you gained muscle. That's a whole different thing. You have to consider you carry many things in your body , including feces , food and water (up to 10lbs). Which means that one morning you can weigh 160lbs and by the end of the day 168-170 etc.. So again the scale is not always accurate to measure any kind of muscle gains ( I'm sure some might argue this point.) When people are speaking of bulking and cutting however; It's simply the idea of upping food intake (keeping protein intake the same at 1g per lb of weight) to gain weight for a few months and then diet (cut). EATING MORE WILL ONLY GET YOU FAT not gain muscle..OK, there is one exception to this and its for very advanced or pro bodybuilders. They need to bulk and cut to continue to make gains but for 95% of people lifting weights, bulking and cutting is more trouble than its worth. As long as you are getting your six evenly spaced doses of protein, your muscles will have the building blocks they need to grow bigger and stronger– eating more will not help ( I know this will be highly debated and I respect counter opinions). Again, cutting and bulking is a technique used by professional bodybuilders or people with 7-8 years of experience under their belt. They are at a different genetic cap then the average lifter. Going from one extreme of weight to the other is very unhealthy for the body. Unless you are prepping for a competition you have NO reason to be rushed. Enjoy the process. Work hard. Get sleep and eat well! Change your workouts every 6-8 weeks to make sure you do not plateau. And please be patient.

Good luck to you.
    The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity , answered "Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob15728 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gainfreak View Post
    I've done it in awesome gain weeks, it's possible, just you won't do it all the time.
    Not really what I meant. Let's say your max is 300 lbs. You can bench 300x1, because it's your max. If you get stronger, maybe you can bench 300x6. Then it's no longer your max, because you can do it 6 times. Your max would be something higher than that. Saying "I can bench my max 6 times" makes no sense.

MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    omg just die kid, jesus...

stop talking bull**** about stuff you know absolutely nothing about