500HpS4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New job, new hours, poor diet, and I'm sick of it! I need help.

Hey guys, I'll give you a little back ground about myself. I've been lifting seriously since I was 18, I am 24 now. I've been a member here for some time, but rarely post.

Any way, I'm very active, I go to the gym efficiently 6 days a week, rock climb, run, cycle, lift weights, etc. I was happy where I was about 6 -8 months ago, about 18x 8.9% body fat (dunk tank and pinch test). I think I'm 168 right now.

Diet was pretty perfect, eating 6-8 healthy, meaty meals lifting correctly and so forth.

Anyways, to the point, I just got promoted, and I work 8:30 Am - 6 Pm, I go to the gym at 7 and put in a good :50 -1 hour of lifting and 20 min cardio.

Now here is the issue, I've been consistent with work and the gym, but, I've cut down HUGE on my food intake. I feel like my new position absorbs so much time, I miss the chance to eat and prepare meals at work.

I need to make a new program, I think I'm eating less than 1500 cal./day and no where near enough protein.

I'm really reaching out to you guys in dire need of help. I know there are other body builders and nutritionists out there that work crazier days than I do, I just need help preparing a good program. If there is something anyone can recommend that I can bulk back, that's easy to prepare or eat at my desk, please link or post an easy, but healthy program. A detailed, hour by hour list program would be ideal.

I'm currently not even taking protein shakes, so right there I know I can integrate that into my day.

Any help will be more helpful than you know.

Justin

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you're the perfect candidate to try leangains.com IF approach.

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    Aquire lunchbox
    insert food
    eat
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    Aquire lunchbox
    insert food
    eat
    Not as easy as you make it sound. I'm not supposed to eat at my desk, Get two 15 min breaks, 30 min lunch. But, protein drinks, and minor food items are okay, which is why I ask. I don't need advice about bringing food in a lunch box, haha.
    Thanks though,

Justin

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    Prepare all your meals Sunday for the week. That way they are good to go when u need em
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 500HpS4 View Post
    Diet was pretty perfect, eating 6-8 healthy, meaty meals lifting correctly and so forth.
    Just reduce the number of meals you eat to two or three. Problem solved.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not as easy as you make it sound. I'm not supposed to eat at my desk, Get two 15 min breaks, 30 min lunch. But, protein drinks, and minor food items are okay, which is why I ask. I don't need advice about bringing food in a lunch box, haha.
    Thanks though,

Justin
    Larger sized meals FTW.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stop eating so often.
    Acquire- pb and almonds.
    1k+ 100% of the time

PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushUp08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gusthebus View Post
    Stop eating so often.
    Acquire- pb and almonds.
    This. nom nom nom
    Whatever that means

Originally Posted by Gusthebus View Post
    Stop eating so often.
    Acquire- pb and almonds.
    PB and jelly? Or are you referring to just scoop PB and eat it?

wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    PB and jelly? Or are you referring to just scoop PB and eat it?
    The choice is yours!

ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ausmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP i used to share the same problem you had when i stared a new job, but it was fairly easy to get around the issue.

Based on the above you could integrate at least 5 meals:
    1. before work (i.e. before 8:30am).
    2. 1st 15 min break
    3. lunch break - 30 mins
    4. second 15 min break
    5. After gym work out - 8pm.

As to the actual meals themselves, there are many easy recipes you could prepare or pre-prepare. Certainly at the very least you could throw in a protein shake or 2 (during your 15 minute breaks).

Further to the meals, what are your options / preferences? i.e. chicken / beef / fish?
    Meals can easily be prepared on a sunday, this is what i have done in the past: 2 kilos of chicken breast can be bought on Sunday and apportioned into 10, 200 gram portions, throw in some rice and a vege. Then freeze the portions.
    The evening before take out the portions - so for Monday, you would take out 2 portions (one for your 30 min lunch break and the other after the gym) on Sunday night: cook one of the portions for the next day and leave the other in the fridge for your evening meal.

Other options are quick high calorie sandwiches - certainly peanut butter and jelly ?@?@!!
    Tuna and avocado
    and cold cut meat chicken / turkey etc with a salad.

All these sandwiches take a minimal amount of time to prepare.

Good Luck OP!