Closed Thread
    TKDCerrillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pushups everyday ? good or bad

Hey well im kinda new to bbing altogether .. and well i was justing wondering
    Push ups all day everyday ? along with mountain climbers /squats/lunges/ crunches
    all without weight on the off days or the berfore going to the gym ... is it bad is it detremental to your growth
    all i use is body weight and its just a quick 30-45 min workout

so my main question here... these exrcises done everyday(that you havent truley worked out in drops sets nd what not at the gym)
    well help grow mass?

Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Push ups are useless. They won't build mass. Weight builds mass. Push ups are an endurance exercises. Doing 4 sets of 40 will only help you in doing more the next time.
    Search up the differences between size, strength, and endurance to completely understand this.
    Top 3 Lana Del Rey albums:
    1. Norman ****ing Rockwell!
    2. Honeymoon
    3. Lust For Life

#PureMichigan

Registered User BulkingGorrilla's Avatar
    BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    doing more than 15-20 reps is endurance, thus you will not gain muscle easy.

stay in the 1-15 rep range if you want size.

As for your question. Doing 40 pushups won't do anything

You constantly need more resistance.

Example:

1st week of training: 135lb bench press 5 reps
    2nd week of training: 140lb bench press 5 reps
    3rd week of training: 145lb bench press 5 reps

thus you are getting stronger, thus if you eat more than maintence, you will get bigger. Pretty straight forward.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by RainingBlood View Post
    Push ups are useless.
    That's idiotic, a lot of athletes use push ups. Even when you go beyond the point where the basic BW challenges you, it still serves as a warmup and can help with shoulder health.

They won't build mass. Weight builds mass.
    Bodyweight is weight. Push ups can be made harder through changing leverage, doing them unilaterally, putting weight on your back, using those stretch cord systems, etc.

Push ups are an endurance exercises.
    They can become this, but so can the bench press if you don't add weight to it. Push ups can have weight added too.

Doing 4 sets of 40 will only help you in doing more the next time.
    Wrong, it can also help with general endurance and make life easier. There's a reason so many boxers and fighters do them, they don't just make you better at push ups.

Search up the differences between size, strength, and endurance to completely understand this.
    Distinct ideas, but overlap in training.

Originally Posted by BulkingGorrilla View Post
    doing more than 15-20 reps is endurance, thus you will not gain muscle easy.
    That's a matter of opinion, muscles that have a greater ratio of slow-twitch can still grow decently from higher-rep sets. This also depends on tempo. If you stop growing at 20 reps by doing 4 seconds per rep, you could in theory be growing at 40 reps by doing 2 seconds per rep. Is time under tension not just as important a consideration?

As for your question. Doing 40 pushups won't do anything
    Negativity is ridiculous, that's a very decent amount to do and people can still see a lot of vascular improvements from getting to that point.

You constantly need more resistance.

Example:

1st week of training: 135lb bench press 5 reps
    2nd week of training: 140lb bench press 5 reps
    3rd week of training: 145lb bench press 5 reps

thus you are getting stronger, thus if you eat more than maintence, you will get bigger. Pretty straight forward.
    Right, so adding 5lbs per week, in a year I will have a 500+lb x 5 reps bench press, excellent.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^ Made some very good and valid points.

-rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    That's a matter of opinion, muscles that have a greater ratio of slow-twitch can still grow decently from higher-rep sets. This also depends on tempo. If you stop growing at 20 reps by doing 4 seconds per rep, you could in theory be growing at 40 reps by doing 2 seconds per rep. Is time under tension not just as important a consideration?
    Agreed. You'll find some pros who do upwards of 40, all the way to around 100 reps for legs from time to time. I don't think the body can recognize a set number and say "don't grow, just endurance." Differing body parts can respond well to very high rep ranges.

And since Tyciol ripped everyone else's responses in here, I'll just chime in and say my old training partner, who had a great chest, credited it to doing around 50-100 push ups a night for about a year or so when he got into training, which helped lead to a great MMC for him.

I've yet to try it, mainly because my chest stays sore for like 5 days, but I also had another old-timer from the gym who told me the exact same thing. If anything, it will just build a great MMC for you, which is not a bad thing. In fact, thats pretty ****ing crucial.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Though the direction of this thread seems to have gone into the effectiveness of push ups as an exercise with regard to mass, I'll just say that you shouldn't to any exercise every day if you're going for strength or mass, rather every second day/ 2 times a week/ even once a week, (though beginners tend to do better on a higher frequency.)

Unfortunately if you're only doing pushups, 'mountain climbers', squats, lunges and crunches, then I can't really see it end well due to there being two not so great possible outcomes.

1) The pushups prove ineffective at adding mass due to a lack of resistance, OR
    2) The pushups see growth in your chest, (and tris and front delts somewhat), but because you don't work your back it makes you look odd, (hunched forward) as well as more susceptible to injury.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm going to be away from the gym for 1 month vacation and will resort to doing push ups. Will I lose muscle mass and strength?

BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Right, so adding 5lbs per week, in a year I will have a 500+lb x 5 reps bench press, excellent.[/QUOTE]

Wow your a little prick you know that, i was using that simply as an example, since he is a beginner, he can expect noob gains early on, and can expect to constantly progress in weight.

Push ups are useless??? Ya okay they can help for shoulder warm up. So can raising a 5lb dumbell? Whats more benificial? doing 40 pushups a day or squatting, deadlifting, and bench pressing with constant progression.

Jesus christ.

Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    That's idiotic, a lot of athletes use push ups. Even when you go beyond the point where the basic BW challenges you, it still serves as a warmup and can help with shoulder health.

Bodyweight is weight. Push ups can be made harder through changing leverage, doing them unilaterally, putting weight on your back, using those stretch cord systems, etc.

They can become this, but so can the bench press if you don't add weight to it. Push ups can have weight added too.

Wrong, it can also help with general endurance and make life easier. There's a reason so many boxers and fighters do them, they don't just make you better at push ups.

Distinct ideas, but overlap in training.

Negativity is ridiculous, that's a very decent amount to do and people can still see a lot of vascular improvements from getting to that point.

Right, so adding 5lbs per week, in a year I will have a 500+lb x 5 reps bench press, excellent.

Also BUDDY, learn to read, THE ORIGINAL POSTER CLEARLY ASKED:

IS doing 40 pushups every day good or bad.

This is very, very bad. You are not going to gain strength/size from doing 40 pushups everyday only.

HE never said: Is it okay to do 40 pushups a day as a warmup?

NO HE NEVER.

So stop being a cocky little bastard and read the post clearly, before you give us your lecture.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Strong double-post BG. Can you edit?
    IS doing 40 pushups every day good or bad. This is very, very bad.
    I heard a guy died doing that.
    You are not going to gain strength/size from doing 40 pushups everyday only.
    If you work up to doing that, I think you can still gain size from doing that. If you reach that amount and keep doing the same amount, then obviously you'll stop at some point because you need to progress. At that point it probably is better to make it harder rather than to keep working to 1000 reps or whatever.

shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in the military you do pushups and pull-ups pretty much every day in basic and get a lot better at them. i think you can do pullups and pushups every day and have crazy endurance. they wont build up a huge chest and back and you want have the biggest bench and deadlift in the world but you will be fit.
    Machines are evil, haven’t you seen Terminator?!

Will Rep back all, pm me if i forget

wow i got negged because the guy never read the thread properly, i corrected him, called him out on it, and then he negs me. That is awesome.

No one says that pushups are bad. HE CLEARLY ASKED:

IS DOING 40 PUSHUPS EVERY DAY GOOD OR BAD.

He never asked: Is it okay to add restistance to pushups?

He asked a clear question, i answered it.

Try to read the post next time, instead of insulting everyone and negging everyone

that is all

shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shifter2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow i got negged because the guy never read the thread properly, i corrected him, called him out on it, and then he negs me. That is awesome.

Try to read the post next time, instead of insulting everyone and negging everyone

that is all
    clarify who's doing the negging cause im getting negged for doing nothing. wtf on this witch hunt.
    Machines are evil, haven’t you seen Terminator?!

Will Rep back all, pm me if i forget

JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's a nice way to get the blood flowing, oxygen pumping in etc.
    I wouldn't rely on it as a primary source of size by any means but it's a nice auxiliary & helps raise your overall fitness through increased endurance/recovery.
    (Note this is assuming you're not doing it weighted)

Sorry if this has all been covered already but I really don't feel like reading several paragraphs of arguing over semantics.

DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm doing some push ups at the gym (3 sets) and now that I can do 10 reps a set I'm going to start adding weight. Why?

Because that way in bball practice etc when we get punishment push-ups they'll be easy.

killacloudz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think they'll do much damage as long as you're not sore the next day and doing them again.

Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For mass I wouldn't train them every day.

I do push ups with a weighted vest 2x a week and its actually helped me push through a plateau in my bench press.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never lol'ed, but i think it's subtly funny how everyone has mentioned pushups in the amount of 40 for no reason. I have not from the start noticed that anywhere in OP's OP, and wondered the first time I saw a reply concern it.

I think fast-twitch patterns might be similar between individuals, but slow-twitch characteristics are more common to our biology. It's science...

That being said, I've always gotten good response from pushups. As Bench Pressing hardly ever goes up for me, it happens to make pushups easier... go figure.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000) Mr_Aryze is just really nice. (+1000)

that is all
    But why you mad though?

Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warendbzgt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    60 push ups ( 3 x 20 ) for warm up. Great way to start any programe.

mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000) mchoodie is just really nice. (+1000)
    All depends on your goals, and you mentioned that you wanted to gain mass, so there is a use for them. You can use them for a warm up, or incorporate them into a day that you bench press. You can also vary things up by adding weight, or change your leverage. Push ups alone won't add much mass though.
    Raise the Jolly Roger.

wow i got negged because the guy never read the thread properly, i corrected him, called him out on it, and then he negs me. That is awesome. Try to read the post next time, instead of insulting everyone and negging everyone
    Actually I primarily negged you for cursing and mocking my small penis, you would know this had you read the summary. Some guys are very sensitive about that. I'm fine with your disagreement, but the profane expletives, my virgin ears.

Jaym's response is a good example of how one can disagree more politely. I actually agree that 40 rep sets aren't an ideal way to gain size. The problem is going beyond calling them inferior to having to exaggerate unrealistically with statements like "do nothing" or that they are "very bad". There's no need to demonize something simply because it's not ideal, and lashing out at someone who disagrees with the excessive negatively is not good discourse.

Originally Posted by shifter2012 View Post
    clarify who's doing the negging cause im getting negged for doing nothing. wtf on this witch hunt.
    Click http://forum.bodybuilding.com/usercp.php and you will see the name of who does green or red to you. Your comment on this thread is pretty conservative, surprised anyone would neg you for that.

Marcusoldman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marcusoldman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marcusoldman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marcusoldman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marcusoldman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marcusoldman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Press-ups are fun. And useful . I use them as a warm-up and also as an exercise in their own right. I found it very easy to progress on reps , but realised that to be effective for strength gain , they are no different to any other exercises , insofar as progressive resistance is necessary. I achieve it by using a weighted backpack.

What if you do them every second day? Check out wikihow How to Build Muscle Doing Push Ups : the text accompanying photo # 6 is hilarious !

coolexec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolexec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolexec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolexec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolexec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good answer.

Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TKDCerrillo View Post
    Hey well im kinda new to bbing altogether .. and well i was justing wondering
    Push ups all day everyday ? along with mountain climbers /squats/lunges/ crunches
    all without weight on the off days or the berfore going to the gym ... is it bad is it detremental to your growth
    all i use is body weight and its just a quick 30-45 min workout

so my main question here... these exrcises done everyday(that you havent truley worked out in drops sets nd what not at the gym)
    well help grow mass?

Since i didn't see you reply yet I assume you didn't get a proper response for your question? So I will try and answer it for you. All the exercises you mentioned will help build up your core strength. Some will help build up strength in other parts of your body, push ups for example will help with your arms, chest and if done properly your back. Mountain climbers, crunches will help with your abdominals, Squats, lunges will help build strength with your legs. There is no harm in doing any of these exercises everyday. They won't directly help you build mass, depending on how much mass you want, you will have to put in some actual weight lifting. But having a stronger core can help you get bigger muscles with the proper weight training. I would also throw in some pull ups. But again, doing these exercises alone will mostly just get you more toned and stronger.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Darkman006 View Post
    Since i didn't see you reply yet I assume you didn't get a proper response for your question? So I will try and answer it for you..
    He asked the question back in 2011, I dont think he is still waiting for your wisdom.

Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Darkman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    He asked the question back in 2011, I dont think he is still waiting for your wisdom.
    lol, haha! Feels silly now. Oh well.

Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Its funny how easy it is to get negged on here. Look at how few posts ive made - half of them have been questions to people i thought would help by passing on their wisdom. The other half i added my two cents that clearly stated it was either something i have been hearing lots about and MIGHT be worth looking into further, or stuff i have actually tried and it wrks. Sure im not a big guy- but if you saw me a year ago compaired to now i have made some amazing gains, so i share what lil i know for others that are starting out. And this convo- even being a wicked old one, is still one that many people who google this topic will find and read. So whats wrong with adding to it later? One of the core basic moves for me when i started was not the bench press- as even an empty olympic bar was heavy. Yep i was that skinny. So i started doing push ups. And it helped build a strength base that has served me well and in one year i went from an empty bar being a bit heavy to now benching 75kgs. So will doing push ups every day make you grow bigger? Yes to start with.. and once you stop getting bigger you will continue to get more endurance and a lil stronger for a good while yet. And there is growing evidence that as long as you rep out to total faliure in any exercise that it will stimulate muscle to adapt and grow. I cant speak on that personally but i still do push ups often and as many as i can. Not every day but 2-3 times a week on top of my normal training. So now can i please get a few people to give me some positive reps and help me to reverse my neg ratings? Or at least to explain why ive been given thousands of neg reps for only a few posts??

Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Benzels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    And thanks to someone on here posting a link to see why you get neg reps it would seem i was bumping old threads and thats against the rules. I must have somehow missed that. My bad. So once again im bumping this post- but only to say two things- why is it against the rules to bump old posts that may still be valid later? I found this post because i googled " is doing push ups daily bad" because i wanted to know. Should i insted have asked the same question in the forum only to start the exact same convo all over again? But mistly i bumped it again to say im sorry for bumping old threads and i have learnt my lesson. Wont happen again. Again-my bad.