ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000)

Which bar should I get?

I am looking to upgrade my current barbell. Currently the primary use for the bar will be for the big three (squat, bench, deadlifts), as I do not do any of the Olympic lifts. It is possible that I will incorporate the Olympic lifts at some point but as of right now I don't plan on it. The two bars I am looking at are the "Econ westside power bar $315", and the "Rouge power bar $275". Has anyone had any experience with either of these bars that might help me choose one? Or is there any others that I should consider around the $300 price range? I appreciate any input, thanks.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ajsat23 View Post
    I am looking to upgrade my current barbell. Currently the primary use for the bar will be for the big three (squat, bench, deadlifts), as I do not do any of the Olympic lifts. It is possible that I will incorporate the Olympic lifts at some point but as of right now I don't plan on it. The two bars I am looking at are the "Econ westside power bar $315", and the "Rouge power bar $275". Has anyone had any experience with either of these bars that might help me choose one? Or is there any others that I should consider around the $300 price range? I appreciate any input, thanks.
    I don't know anything about the Westside Bars. However, having said that, they look an awful lot like the Rogue bars making me wonder if they aren't made by the same people.

Assuming they are made by the same people, I guess it really comes down to trading off bar tensile strength for end cap design. The diameter of the bars is within .5 mm so I doubt that would make much of a difference. I don't think tensile strength is necessarily a direct indicator of flex, but if the westside bar is stiffer due to the higher tensile strength, that might be an advantage (if no one chimes in on this you can contact Rogue and I'm sure they will tell you which one is stiffer). A lot of people prefer the snap ring design, but I can't say that I see a difference (I have several of each). Based on the two bars your looking at, I'd probably go with the Rogue based on the warranty. Although I like the idea of the additional tensile strength, I'd opt for the Rogue bar that is guaranteed not to bend. It is hard to go wrong with the Rogue bar, especially at that price.

However, if you decide to step up to $500, I'd buy an Ivanko OBX 20kg.

PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd go with a Texas Power Bar by Buddy Capps at that price range. Not sure how it would work for Oly lifts though. If you feel like spending more the Ivanko OBX 20kg is a nice bar like Dumb.Bell said.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #18 []---[]

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rouge is a color, or something a woman puts on her face. Rogue, well, that's an unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person or a great company.

Before you drop all that money, what is your level of experience and your need? You've posted 11 times here and you're physically about where I am, only 18 years younger. Why not get a Rogue Beater bar or a used York Olympic bar? Yes, you should buy the best bar possible, but if you aren't doing Olympic lifts and you aren't lifting heavy weight, why do you need a more expensive bar?

I'm not saying, don't buy one of the two, I'm just saying that you should ask yourself what it is you need and why is it that these bars meet that need.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Before you drop all that money, what is your level of experience and your need? You've posted 11 times here and you're physically about where I am, only 18 years younger. Why not get a Rogue Beater bar or a used York Olympic bar? Yes, you should buy the best bar possible, but if you aren't doing Olympic lifts and you aren't lifting heavy weight, why do you need a more expensive bar?

I'm not saying, don't buy one of the two, I'm just saying that you should ask yourself what it is you need and why is it that these bars meet that need.
    AttyGuy makes a good point. Definitely something to consider.

Its also possible that you might prefer the Rogue Beater Bar to the other bars discussed (at least for certain lifts). I have quite a few bars (including an Ivanko and Pendlay Bearing bar). When it comes to benching, I use my oldest bar which is a 32mm to 33mm power bar that doesn't have any bushings. I prefer the larger diameter of the bar and the fact that the sleeves are less likely to start spinning during the pressing movement.

When it comes to squats, I'm not picky so the older cheaper bar and the Ivanko work equally well. I use the cheaper bar in the rack for heavy squatting and the Ivanko outside the rack with bumpers for combination lifts that include squats (squat presses). I don't use the Ivanko in the rack because the easiest way to bend a bar is dropping it on the safety bars during a failed lift. However, one issue with the Rogue beater bar is that it doesn't have center knurling - which makes a difference to some people for squats.

I do prefer the Ivanko when it comes to deadlifts (28mm diameter), power cleans and all overhead work.

ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    PassinThrough - the TBP is something I am considering since I can get it locally through Texas Strength Systems and not have to worry about shipping costs. Its listed at $300 but I have seen it for $250 so maybe we can negotiate price, who knows.

dumb.bell and AttyGuy - I am certainly a novice weight lifter (6-months) who probably will never do a single lift of any sort over 500 lbs. Any cheap bar from the big box chains will probably work but my desire for a new bar is probably 90% want (I like nice things) and 10% need. What prompted me to look into a new bar is that my current bar, that I bought used from craigslist, knurling is basically smooth now. My thought process for which bar was for me was, I can afford a $300 bar, I like the look of black zinc coating (not a deal breaker), something that will last (I plan to do this from here on out), aggressive knurling, and lastly center knurling. This is how I came up with the two bars. I do like the Rogue Beater Bar except for the no center knurling and the larger shaft diameter (31mm vs 28.5mm)(not sure if significant). Similar to it is the Rogue Bruiser Bar, except it has the smaller diameter shaft. I would love to find a good condition used York bar but after looking for several months on craigslist nothing has popped up.

I appreciate everyones help. I will probably do alittle more research and weigh my options for a couple more days befor I decide which to get. Thanks.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dumb.bell and AttyGuy - I am certainly a novice weight lifter (6-months) who probably will never do a single lift of any sort over 500 lbs. Any cheap bar from the big box chains will probably work but my desire for a new bar is probably 90% want (I like nice things) and 10% need. What prompted me to look into a new bar is that my current bar, that I bought used from craigslist, knurling is basically smooth now. My thought process for which bar was for me was, I can afford a $300 bar, I like the look of black zinc coating (not a deal breaker), something that will last (I plan to do this from here on out), aggressive knurling, and lastly center knurling. This is how I came up with the two bars. I do like the Rogue Beater Bar except for the no center knurling and the larger shaft diameter (31mm vs 28.5mm)(not sure if significant). Similar to it is the Rogue Bruiser Bar, except it has the smaller diameter shaft. I would love to find a good condition used York bar but after looking for several months on craigslist nothing has popped up.
    Brother, it's your money. If you have it and can afford it, spend it. I can afford any weight equipment I want, but chose not to buy my favorite Rogue bar, the Operator, because I decided I would rather spend the money elsewhere. There are a lot of good $300 to $500 bar. What is your thinking on the aggressive knurling and the center knurling? Why is a thinner bar more important? (Thicker bars are usually cheaper. Thinner, whippier bars are good for Olympic moves.)
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) javajaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Which bar has the more aggressive knurling - Capps TPB or the Rogue bar?

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Brother, it's your money. If you have it and can afford it, spend it. I can afford any weight equipment I want, but chose not to buy my favorite Rogue bar, the Operator, because I decided I would rather spend the money elsewhere. There are a lot of good $300 to $500 bar. What is your thinking on the aggressive knurling and the center knurling? Why is a thinner bar more important? (Thicker bars are usually cheaper. Thinner, whippier bars are good for Olympic moves.)
    Im thinking that both the aggressive knurling and thinner bar diameter bar will help me grip the bar better. As for the center knurling, its more of a personal preference.

Originally Posted by javajaws View Post
    Which bar has the more aggressive knurling - Capps TPB or the Rogue bar?
    Someone correct me if im wrong but i believe that the TPB has the more aggressive knurling since its more for powerlifting and that the Rogue bar has a less aggressive knurling since it can be used for Olympic lifts too.

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Troy TPB, based on Buddy Capps design has a very aggressive knurling, so I'm sure that Buddy Capps does too. My Troy TPB is okay, and was a great price ($279 shipped), but if I could do it again I would look for a Buddy Capps bar as I've heard good things about them.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Originally Posted by PassinThrough View Post
    I'd go with a Texas Power Bar by Buddy Capps at that price range. Not sure how it would work for Oly lifts though. If you feel like spending more the Ivanko OBX 20kg is a nice bar like Dumb.Bell said.
    Looks like im going with this bar. It has everything I wanted in the bar (center knurling, aggressive knurling, 28.5 mm diameter shaft, a good reputation). Plus I was able to get it for $225 locally and not have to worry about shipping costs. Thanks for the help!!!

PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like im going with this bar. It has everything I wanted in the bar (center knurling, aggressive knurling, 28.5 mm diameter shaft, a good reputation). Plus I was able to get it for $225 locally and not have to worry about shipping costs. Thanks for the help!!!
    I don't think you could go wrong at that price.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #18 []---[]

Sounds like a good decision. I always prefer buying in person, that way you get to inspect it before you purchase and don't have to worry about shipping damage.

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck with it, I doubt if you'll ever need another.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Ivanko ob-kg20
    Troy tpb

I'd like a thicker shaft (wouldn't we all?), but this will be an outstanding bar for you.