brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)

RTS: Project Intensity 2 Results

For those unfamiliar with Project Intensity 2, it is a program created by Mike Tuchscherer aimed at examining whether high frequency max effort training is sustainable in the long term. Some guys have had great results in 16 weeks, myself included.

Overview & Results
    See this thread for Mike's explanation: http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.c...ct-intensity-2

See this thread for my PI1 results: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137692183

PI2 also marked the start of intermittent fasting for me. I lost 3-4 lbs over the course of the entire cycle, which was on par for the goal. I just wanted to hang around 198.

Anyway, the latest 7-week cycle didn't go very well if you just look at the numbers (relative to some of the other guys. One guy put over 90 lbs on his total!). I put 99 on my total after PI1.

Squat - 405 to 417

Bench - 306 to 308

Deadlift - 453 to 471

The Cycle
    I would I am pleased considering. In the middle of the cycle I had a huge setback. I had to take 10 days off for very important family reasons. Also I battled a severe cold for much of the cycle.

Finally, I have a spondylosisthesis in my L5. The Monday before the mock meet I believe I sprained the disc just doing a triple at 80% (go figure lol). This is something I have done a few times, so I recognize the feeling. I missed 417 squat in my mock meet (despite having hit it a week earlier) and aggravated the injury further and just threw in the towel in lieu of completing the meet.

Anyways, I am now questionable health-wise for my meet Dec 3. I know the limits to which I can/can't train, but I'm not sure if I can get ready for a meet. I am going to contemplate that while I try applying some new things to my training this cycle. My hope is to continue training intensely, incorporate speed work on squat and bench, and work a little more at specific weak points (bottom of bench/delts are weak, sticking point at squat, and build up some muscle particularly in my lats, abs and hamstrings).

The conclusion is that I believe this to be a sustainable way of training. Until aggravating a pre-existing injury, my body felt great throughout the first 15 weeks. I have made great progress, and find this a great way to train for someone moving from a high rep style of training like bodybuilding to a limit strength focus like PL.

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the post, repped.

What sort of level lifter would you recommend this type of training to? (probably not a novice or even a Class III lifter)

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, I didn't realize that whole thing was free. I would've done that had I not been injured. Maybe he'll do it again soon?
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by breathinglife View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize that whole thing was free. I would've done that had I not been injured. Maybe he'll do it again soon?
    If i heard of it earlier, would have done the same
    Best total: 1715 (600-415-700) raw with wraps.
    A method behind madness....

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    32 lbs on your total in 7 weeks isn't bad at all considering your engaging in intermittent fasting--which sounds horrible, by the way. I would never try that while training hard, especially on a routine like that, but it looks like you survived.
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    32 lbs on your total in 7 weeks isn't bad at all considering your engaging in intermittent fasting--which sounds horrible, by the way. I would never try that while training hard, especially on a routine like that, but it looks like you survived.
    Read up on it, you'll be surprised. Doing it myself: lost a ****ton of weight (see sig) and my bench only dropped from 355 to 335. Note the key word "intermittent". It isn't necessarily a weight loss tool, though it can be. Bulking while intermittently fasting is also an option.

www.leangains.com
    You like art? www.artstarter.nl

You make art? www.artstarter.nl

You suck off hobos? www.artstarter.nl

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by .aeterna View Post
    Thanks for the post, repped.

What sort of level lifter would you recommend this type of training to? (probably not a novice or even a Class III lifter)
    I myself am a Class III lifter by the standard of the 1982 chart...that's the only one I've looked at.

Based on a lot of people's results, all different types of lifters can benefit from it. I feel like it will go in my tool belt as meets near. I am going to compete a few times in 2012 and will run this or something more geared toward what I suck at in the 9 weeks before the meet. It's important to understand the amount of stress you can handle during the program for sure...I found I was still recovering week to week for the most part until the end.

Yep. PI3 is about to start/has started. I'm doing Sheiko #29 to see how I respond and how I can use the combinations of training philosophies to create long-term cycles.

Mike's a good dude. It's not "free" per say, as you have to subscribe to his TRAC product ($15/mo.).

Intermittant fasting, as fatbencher said, is a little bit of a misleading term. You only fast for 15 hours at a time. I've actually found myself feeling pretty darn good during the fasting periods. The only difficult part is getting enough calories in such a short time. A lot of the guys over at RTS boards are doing it and having success.

I definitely had a few hiccups during the cycle. I definitely am happy to add 32 lbs to my total at any time though.

KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinAlvarez123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have eaten once or twice a day for the past year and whether or not I get a meal pre workout has no effect on performance for me
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172642181

fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post
    Intermittant fasting, as fatbencher said, is a little bit of a misleading term. You only fast for 15 hours at a time. I've actually found myself feeling pretty darn good during the fasting periods.
    To eb honest: now that I'm used to training on an empty stomach, I'll never go back. If I eat anything in the 3-4 hours leading up to my workout, I'll perform like ****. After working out I go buckwyld with food, though. Never had any problems getting enough calories in. Which is why I'm cutting down from 300...
    You like art? www.artstarter.nl

You make art? www.artstarter.nl

You suck off hobos? www.artstarter.nl