wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leangains Reverse Pyramid Training Template

Found this template online for RPT style training which Martin over at Leangains is a big fan of. The whole point is the keep intensity high while keeping workout time low. Since I am currently on a cutting diet, it makes it easier since I don't have the energy to stay in the gym for long periods of time. Do you guys think this looks like a sufficient workout plan? Any glaring needs? I am looking to jump into it but some feedback would be appreciated so I don't end up wasting my time with it. Thanks.

Deadlift Day (Monday)
    Warm up deadlift
    Deadlift x up to 5
    Deadlift-10% x reps + 1
    Weighted Chins(done once you can hit 8 chinups) x up to 6-8
    Weighted Chins-10% x reps + 1
    Weighted Chins-10% x reps + 1 (or Chins-20% x reps +1)
    Pendlay rows (5x3) weight is sets across

Bench Day (Wednesday)
    Warm up bench
    Bench x up to 6-8
    Bench-10% x reps + 1
    Bench-20% x reps + 1
    Military Press x up to 6-8
    Military Press-10% x reps + 1
    Weighted Dips(done once you can hit 8 dips) x up to 6-8
    Weighted Dips-10% x reps + 1
    Weighted Dips-20% x reps + 1
    Tricep Rope Pulldowns (8x2)

Squat Day (Friday)
    Warm up squats
    Squat x up to 5
    Squat-10% x reps + 1
    Leg curls (6-8x3)
    Kneeling Cable Crunches x up to 6-8
    Kneeling Cable Crunches-10% x reps + 1

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    simple and covers all bases
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing

tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000) tazeg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Interdasting.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Military same day as bench = lose. You should be far less concerned with designing a neat split and far more concerned about getting the most out of each exercise. It doesn't matter that triceps get used on 2 different days.

★Reaching For The Stars★ tominho7's Avatar
    tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Military same day as bench = lose.
    I see no losing in that statement at all. If you look closely the template posted is just a push/pull routine
    Squatted Everyday For 100 Days In A Row

Thread for proof: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172233523

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by tominho7 View Post
    I see no losing in that statement at all. If you look closely the template posted is just a push/pull routine
    And that is the achilles heel of push/pull... no way can I give good on military if I have done bench already

When you are only using a frequency of once a week, overlap due to tricep use (and bench using some delt) is practically irrelevant. It's also of critical importance to give a very high intensity performance on every set.

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    And that is the achilles heel of push/pull... no way can I give good on military if I have done bench already

When you are only using a frequency of once a week, overlap due to tricep use (and bench using some delt) is practically irrelevant. It's also of critical importance to give a very high intensity performance on every set.
    Sorry, but this is ridiculous. Obviously your MP will be affected after bench, but what does it matter unless you are trying to max out?
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing

Originally Posted by SimonThePieman View Post
    Sorry, but this is ridiculous. Obviously your MP will be affected after bench, but what does it matter unless you are trying to max out?
    It seems pretty obvious to me... if your triceps are tired, the delts are going to be shortchanged during the MP.

I personally had trouble with making progress on OHP doing Ironaddicts SPBR - because OHP came after bench.

sburnettjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    SuffolkPunch is absolutely right in my experience. My OHP wasn't progressing until I switched back to using more of a 5x5 Template using RPT on some exercises. The key differences are the OHP and Close-grip Bench are on what can be considered your "Pull" or "Deadlift day. This allows you to focus purely on the Bench Press on "Bench" day.

Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mmmkay