Ajmal123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too much protein Harmful

I have been lifting heavy weights everyday, i am taking whey protein plus a pre workout supplement named No Explode and i am taking 4 to 5 scoops of protein daily.weight 164
    first scoop with breakfast, second 10 or 11 AM 3rd ofter workout around 4PM and 4th before i go to bed.

my question is that is too much protein harmful.

next question can i take protien and creatine pills together everyday.

Please Advise.
    James

SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SuperCell is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't buy into the hype bro.

I started seeing my best gains when I realized all I needed was food, not some overpriced powder with almost no nutritional value.

Remember, protein doesn't build muscle, only repairs it. Trust me, protein is important, but the amount you really need to grow is exaggerated.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No need to go over 1-2g per day (per pound of LBM)
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    No need to go over 1-2g per day (per pound of LBM)
    This.

nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz
    The fewer protein shakes you consume, the better (as long as your meeting your daily macro requirements). Because that would mean you are getting most of your protein from whole foods.

SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Key "word" ---> LBM ..... if ya 165lbs...then you probably need about 150lbs of protein AT LEAST per day

L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Too much protein can be bad for you, with that being said, thats A LOT of protein. The only bad thing about the amount you're taking is that it's kind of a waste of money. Try to get more protein from food.
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    but Y???? IDK BRO

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Emphasize food, as food provides more micronutrients + fats/carbs that you need. But powders can be convenient and sometimes more cost effective per gram of protein.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    ok wait. are you taking 4 to 5 scoops with one shake or you spread that out throughout the day? if you're taking all of that in one shake i think it's way to much at one sitting. i usually do 2g per pound of LEAN BODY WEIGHT. my LBM is 200lbs, therefore i take in about 400-500g of protein daily spread out through 6 or 7 meals. thats how i do my protein intake and it works for me. at 164 if you're taking in 4 scoops at one sitting thats almost 100g of protein so that would be close to 600g per day. it isnt an exaggeration, but i believe it's too much for someone at your weight.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by miamibodybuilder View Post
    ok wait. are you taking 4 to 5 scoops with one shake or you spread that out throughout the day? if you're taking all of that in one shake i think it's way to much at one sitting. i usually do 2g per pound of LEAN BODY WEIGHT. my LBM is 200lbs, therefore i take in about 400-500g of protein daily spread out through 6 or 7 meals. thats how i do my protein intake and it works for me. at 164 if you're taking in 4 scoops at one sitting thats almost 100g of protein so that would be close to 600g per day. it isnt an exaggeration, but i believe it's too much for someone at your weight.
    He's taking his protein throughout the day, not just one sitting.

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by miamibodybuilder View Post
    He said 4-5 scoops daily, and broke down spacing in terms of scoops...
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Femtex23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ajmal123 View Post
    I have been lifting heavy weights everyday, i am taking whey protein plus a pre workout supplement named No Explode and i am taking 4 to 5 scoops of protein daily.weight 164
    first scoop with breakfast, second 10 or 11 AM 3rd ofter workout around 4PM and 4th before i go to bed.

my question is that is too much protein harmful.

next question can i take protien and creatine pills together everyday.

Please Advise.
    James
    It is well documented that too much protein can be harmful to your liver, which is one of the many reasons why you are to consume a lot of water daily. Drinking lots of water will help your liver do its job, which is to process the larger quantity of protein. There is a ton of info on this online, but I trust Livestrong(dot)com...I have a family member who suffers from hepatitis C, which is what prompted me to seek certain info online, which is where I ran across this protein-liver connection a long time ago. http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...n-in-the-diet/

The Livestrong organization in Austin was a huge help to us as far as treatment options, resources and support, so I feel their online info is very valid and extensive.

Based off of what I've read though, it seems to be one of those things that varies...like you won't suddenly go into liver failure, but could cause liver problems for yourself on down the road due to the byproducts left after how the protein is broken down. For someone with existing or current liver issues, a high protein diet is certainly not advised. And they are trying to decide if animal proteins are better or worse than protein from other sources and foods. I figure it's one of those "all things in moderation" type deals.

Just think though...humans are living quite a bit longer than in our past history, and we are consuming far more chemical agents, hormones, drinking large quantities of alcohol is a big deal in our culture, as well as all the supps, powders, what we breathe in, tanners, lotions, creams, makeup, hair product, deodorant, water contaminants, plastic particles...our livers are on constant overdrive trying to filter out all this crud, so we have to do our best to take care of it.
    Last edited by Femtex23; 10-30-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Ajmal123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No Sir i take one to 2 scoop at a time the problem is i am currently deployed with the military to Afghanistan. and we really don't get lots food.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ajmal123 View Post
    No Sir i take one to 2 scoop at a time the problem is i am currently deployed with the military to Afghanistan. and we really don't get lots food.
    protein powder usually has around 20g of protein per scoop so 2 at a time would equal 40g at a time and 4-5 x 40= 160-200g of protein is my math is correct doesn't seem like a problem to me much respect for you for being in the military you are a braver man than i

proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    protein powder usually has around 20g of protein per scoop so 2 at a time would equal 40g at a time and 4-5 x 40= 160-200g of protein is my math is correct doesn't seem like a problem to me much respect for you for being in the military you are a braver man than i
    Agree with this on protein and your military service. Reps for serving.

P.S. You might save some $ by cutting out the NO Xplode. I have tried that off and on and didn't feel like it did very much for me, same with other pricey pre-workout supps I have tried. I now just take some cheap, generic L-arginine caps pre-workout--I'm not sure if they do much really, but no less than pricier stuff. So you might try stopping the NO X for awhile and see if you notice any difference, if not, save your money. But I also believe that different supps work for different people differently, so if it gives you results then stick with it.

proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz
    Oh, answering your other question about Taking creatine and protein together, for creatine they usually say to take it on an empty stomach, so it's probably better not to take them together. But I think there are different creatine formulations, some of which say it's OK to take them with food. I would read the label on whatever you're taking and take separately from protein if the label recommends taking on an empty stomach.

Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by proudmanlet View Post
    Oh, answering your other question about Taking creatine and protein together, for creatine they usually say to take it on an empty stomach, so it's probably better not to take them together. But I think there are different creatine formulations, some of which say it's OK to take them with food. I would read the label on whatever you're taking and take separately from protein if the label recommends taking on an empty stomach.
    What. Taking creatine with food or without is fine. I personally mix creatine in my protein shake, convenient.
    Xtreme Formulations Aficionado
    Xfmuscle.com

Ogrestrength.com

"From time to time, there arise among human beings, people, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat."

"There's only 1 comparison that matters in this world, and that's who you are compared to who you could be. Live accordingly."

Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    What. Taking creatine with food or without is fine. I personally mix creatine in my protein shake, convenient.
    I was basing my comment on what the labels on some creatine products recommend. I don't know if there is any truth to those recommendations or not--I make no claims about it--I think it just makes sense to follow whatever the directions on the product are, that's all I'm saying. I have seen some creatine products that say it doesn't matter if they're taken with food or not, so maybe it just depends on the particular formulation.

Cliffs: if label says take on empty stomach, do so; if not, don't worry about it.

Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diesel0022 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Creatine is found in red meat. A food.
    Xtreme Formulations Aficionado
    Xfmuscle.com

Ogrestrength.com

"From time to time, there arise among human beings, people, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat."

"There's only 1 comparison that matters in this world, and that's who you are compared to who you could be. Live accordingly."