Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500)

Accessory work on Madcows 5x5?

Would it be better to not do it if my main goal is strength?

It's telling me to do 3x8 of tris and bis, and 3 sets of sit up 3x a week.

I've been doing all of it but would the program be better if I didn't?

Thanks.

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That **** is mostly unnecessary that Madcow threw in there to appease the bodybuilding kids. Effective assistance can be very useful on Madcow's IMO, but I wouldn't rush to throw in curls and tricep kickbacks. A lot of this depends on whether you are doing the program with Rows or Cleans. I like GHRs on Wednesday for Madcow regardless.
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500) Starborn is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm doing the rows, really haven't been doing the accessory for the bis, but have been doing 3 sets of skull crushers for tris.

What are GHRs?

Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The curls can be great if your getting tendonitis (sp?).
    Tricep work is necessary if you want a big bench.
    And ab work is necessary if you want a big squat and deadlift.

I don't think this accessory work is thrown in just to make the program more likeable. I think its there to help it work better.

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^In his long ass write-up, he literally says throw some direct arm work in on Friday if you must.

I agree direct core work is helpful, but you might want to do something other than the prescribed 3 sets of unweighted situps on Wednesday....

alright I'll do weighted and do 3 sets monday wed and fri?

Originally Posted by Starborn View Post
    alright I'll do weighted and do 3 sets monday wed and fri?
    It is up to you how want to do it. Most people prefer to go as heavy as possible with short ROM. Maybe rotate between something like heavy weighted roman chair situps, hanging leg raises, ab pull downs, etc. As an intermediate, you should play around with these things and find out what benefits you the most. Personally, I wouldn't include weighted ab work until you get a fair bit stronger on deadlifts and squats. I think, when it becomes heavy enough, it will be obvious when you need the extra work. You'll start getting crushed underneath the bar.

If you're looking for extra bicep/tricep work, I'd look for a way to intelligently program dips/chins.

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    At the most some rotator cuff work on the friday at the end of the session