Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Networking meeting, wedding fair. What next?

So, i recently attended a wedding fair and had a stall, looked proffessional with all the right banners etc. However it wasn't much of a productive day to say the least.

Today, i attended a networking meeting to which i see the point of them is not to look for clients within there, but to get your name about around the city.

Now they are both over, i'm sat thinking 'what next' ?

I'm putting some ideas together for group personal training. I am able to use my local village hall as a place to train people (i have all my own equipment, and enough of it!). They are letting me have it for 2 hours on a Wednesday evening (6-8pm, 1 hour training and the other for fitness tests and talks) and also an hour on a Sunday morning (10-11am).
    I'm thinking of wacking some advertisement out doors and online saying 'win a personal trainer'. To which from this i should hopefully get a lot of replies and i shall choose 15 of these for the training. I shall then give them all two weeks worth for free and then hopefully get 10 of them to sign up. I'm from the UK and im looking at charging £30 each per week (highly reasonable?)

What do you guys think?

Also, i'm starting a bootcamp next weekend to which i have 18 confirmed people attending. Doing a 6 week course for £20, and with each person getting results; my bootcamp's thereafter shall be getting more and more people each time with the referral system.
    Agreed?

Any more ideas from the experienced trainers out there on what to do to expand would be greatly appreciated .

Ross

ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You must not think highly of your services at those prices.

Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ericmackcarter View Post
    Previously this year, i had a boxing bootcamp class going to which i charged £120 per person each month to which i only had two people! I advertised it like hell, kept going on at them about referrals. They both absolutely loved it and got brilliant results however i feel that in my location, people are not willing to pay out that price!
    Unless you have some advice/other ways of getting the initial bunch of people in the door?

FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000) FitTomm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ericmackcarter View Post
    What?? For group classes the prices should always be low. You can attract many more clients and make a ton of money! All you have to do is justify it. For example in my business I call my program semi-private training.. basically small groups so that we can keep prices low for the clients, but 1 on 1 nutrition. I throw them in 12 month programs.

Burnzy.. definitely keep the prices low for bootcamps.. even as low as $10 USD per person per session. Justify it.. say things like "i will give you this special but you have to promise not to tell anyone else" and "another condition but not a requirement is that I would request you find me some other people that might be interested in a free session with me" and lastly "also this is contingent on you signing up today for 12 months at 2x/week"

More tips feel free to PM.

ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FitTomm View Post
    What?? For group classes the prices should always be low. You can attract many more clients and make a ton of money! All you have to do is justify it. For example in my business I call my program semi-private training.. basically small groups so that we can keep prices low for the clients, but 1 on 1 nutrition. I throw them in 12 month programs.

Burnzy.. definitely keep the prices low for bootcamps.. even as low as $10 USD per person per session. Justify it.. say things like "i will give you this special but you have to promise not to tell anyone else" and "another condition but not a requirement is that I would request you find me some other people that might be interested in a free session with me" and lastly "also this is contingent on you signing up today for 12 months at 2x/week"

More tips feel free to PM.
    He is charging ~$28 for SIX WEEKS. $10/session sounds right for bootcamp training, as you suggested. So don't "What??" me when you are suggesting he charges $120 for six weeks more than 4x his original price. His price is too low.

Also, at ~$42 per week for personal training, I hope that is only 2 sessions per week and half an hour sessions.

pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Follow simple supply and demand. Start with a low price and fill up your schedule. If you get more people than you have space or time for, then raise your price.

Let your clients bring a friend free for two weeks if you have more space. If they like you then some will pay to keep coming.