Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How long does it take to get a bodybuilders body?

How long does it realistically take? I'm not saying like Jay Culter body I'm saying like those in Men's health even, yeah lets lower our expectation!
    I'm an ecto or a hardgainer I don't know how to call myself these days but I remember on one of gyms that I entered they have this fancy equipment called the Inbody bio-impedance. According to the result it would take me 3 months to gain a pound of lean muscle! So I don't how to call my situation other than a person who might not get muscle!
    I ask one guy in this website he said it took him 10 years to get the body that he wanted. And I was like 10 years! I mean I'm already 27 so that would mean it would take me 37 to get there? By that time I'd really old and no one would care about how good my body looked like. And yes aging can hamper your growth each your with your testosterone dwindling!
    Sometime I just feel disappointed at times especially having to measure my progress at least a month because I know I personally took the time to get to the gym, I had to do double rides (3rd world concept) in jeep to get to the gym. My work is 6 1/2 day a week which starts from 8am-6pm, which very little FOR ANYTHING even for social life. And only to see that you've NOT again anything in sometimes I gain more weight and got a little fatter than usual!
    And when I get to the gym I see some dudes who barely lift! Seriously barely does weight lifting at all! And yet he really look super huge although he lack development in his legs, to which I believe he doesn't care about it! But just the fact that everytime I get to see him he barely does anything! Carries a weight here and there barely drop bead of sweat on his head for sure! Oh yeah chats it up all the time! Although he is way younger than me but I doubt be in that body even I was younger!

And yes I often wonder how alot these new Superhero movies like Capn America, I mean Chris Evan claims he's an ecto, which I doubt!
    There a youtube video out there which this website seem to refuse to attached with but it says he did it in four weeks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSayu...eature=related
    Four weeks is that possible? I'm not sure this was his workout regiment on Capn America though I hear that it was much tougher than this was I think.
    And he says that he eat chicken breast non stop!
    Chris Hemsworth:

He says it was his first time to weight training! Although I have to admit he's athletic looking even before!
    Yeah there's also Henry Cavill!
    He looked like this on Tudors:

Then looked like this immortal:

Then finally looked super massive on Superman:

I mean seriously I'm like looking at myself and like HOW THE HELL!!! Especially w/ Henri Cavill SERIOUSLY!
    Don't get me wrong I see major benefits doing weight training.
    Although on a positive note someone in gym did compliment me looking bigger,which in my head my I was thinking on he could assume that since he barely has seen me lol.
    I gained weight when I started posting in this website I think I started around 140 and Now I'm like 157 its hard to again any weight and I feel like majority of that again is fat as well!
    Last edited by kris2pe; 10-27-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well #1, people in hollywood have access to top personal trainers, people who cook and put all their meals together for them and tell them when to do every single little thing. It's pretty much a cookie cutter process and oh yeah, steroids.

Sorry, but you dont put on 20 lbs of a muscle in a month on your own.

In a business where what you look like is pretty much the be all end all of your career, its not hard to see why. Steroids are alot more common than people think.

EDIT: Before the flame wars start, im not insinuating or suggesting in the least that any of the above named people are drug users. All im saying is.... educate yourself, use some common sense and the answers are pretty clear.

Also, I probly should have answered your question - to go from a skinny dude to something like that above, is going to take a while. Maybe a couple years, it all depends on how dedicated you are, how strict you keep your diet, and what kind of genetics you have.

Nothing happens in 30 days or 2 weeks or anything like that. All those magazines just sell nonsense and fairytales.

kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Mack674 View Post
    Well #1, people in hollywood have access to top personal trainers, people who cook and put all their meals together for them and tell them when to do every single little thing. It's pretty much a cookie cutter process and oh yeah, steroids.
    Rily? Steroids? Is there a way to tell?
    Also, I probly should have answered your question - to go from a skinny dude to something like that above, is going to take a while. Maybe a couple years, it all depends on how dedicated you are, how strict you keep your diet, and what kind of genetics you have.
    I think have been I took two years in for this how pathetic is that to hear!
    I've been somewhat consistent although have done wrong things here and there!
    Sigh yes I guess I have to settle w/ this my crappy body! Seriously even if they say they protein non stop? At least that's what they say!

Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Uh, what ?

#1, steroids was the last thing I mentioned over the other equally important advantages but yes, its pretty obvious in alot of hollywood cases. You can tell by using common sense, ie, its physically impossible to gain 25lbs of muscle in 30 days even though they claim **** like that all the time. All these celebrities run in alot of the same circles and the personal training business at that high end of hollywood is probobly making a fine penny.

Steroids will help you get alot bigger and fitter, alot faster. That is, if youre already training and eating really well, and already in decent shape.

#2, yes, it does take a good amount of time. 10-15lbs of solid lean mass per YEAR is a more realistic goal to hope for.

#3, Judging from your protein comment, you really should start in the nutrition section and nail down your eating habits. I dont care how often or effectively you try and train - if you have no idea what youre eating or why, youre not going to get very good results and no offense, but if what you've been eating all this time has gotten you the body you have... then, well, think about that for a minute.

You wont find too many if anyone around that looks great and eats garbage.

simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To build really mature dense muscle mass takes dedication and years of lifting. Keep at it!

hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hd99931337 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Years of dedication, tonnes of self-discipline, daily consistency, frequent eating unlike mere mortals, willingness to unlearn, high threshold of pain tolerance and above all the vision to see yourself in the body you desire.

#1, steroids was the last thing I mentioned over the other equally important advantages.
    Steroids will help you get alot bigger and fitter, alot faster. That is, if youre already training and eating really well, and already in decent shape.
    Hmm an option to think about! I'm just thinking are clues to that I suspect some of them have I'm looking for evidence. Its easier for me to spot a boobjob than for me to spot someone on roids! Its hard to tell! Like people say Manny Pacquiao is on roids how? I mean he got his wife and some girl pregnant before matches you tell me! I hear roids shrink your balls and lower your sperm count!
    #3, Judging from your protein comment, you really should start in the nutrition section and nail down your eating habits. I dont care how often or effectively you try and train - if you have no idea what youre eating or why, youre not going to get very good results and no offense, but if what you've been eating all this time has gotten you the body you have... then, well, think about that for a minute.
    I have been all sides actually! I've tried skipping periods of eating, I lost weight on that part again, no progress. I have tried skipping rice and alot carbs, only to feel hungry midway through every workout. I'm now eating everytime and every kind including carbs and protein and whatever I can grab my hands on. Yeah I'm sure I'm gaining but I have increase weight but its always a struggle I mean I swear to god I can lose weight while sleeping! I can wake up in the middle of night hungry, and that's me eating consistently as much as I can possibly imagine!
    You wont find too many if anyone around that looks great and eats garbage.
    I know that you have to measure in those macronutrients, but when I'm at work I usually have to buy food outside. They don't have those nutritional information. And please I can't bring a weighing scale just for that! All I know is that I am eating as much as I can possibly can. More than anything that I have been through in my life!
    Originally Posted by hd99931337 View Post
    Years of dedication, tonnes of self-discipline, daily consistency, frequent eating unlike mere mortals, willingness to unlearn, high threshold of pain tolerance and above all the vision to see yourself in the body you desire.
    Oh yeah I've having trouble holding through pain seriously! Your mind will literally scream stop! I also fear injury as well! Nothing is cheap in this 3rd world especially health care!
    Originally Posted by simplynutrition View Post
    To build really mature dense muscle mass takes dedication and years of lifting. Keep at it!
    For how long?
    Last edited by kris2pe; 10-28-2011 at 06:27 AM.

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Years. I have by no means reached my goal physique, but I'm in this for the long haul and if it takes years of hard work and dedication to get the body I want, then bring it on.

Originally Posted by avodo View Post
    Years. I have by no means reached my goal physique, but I'm in this for the long haul and if it takes years of hard work and dedication to get the body I want, then bring it on.
    Dude your 18 you got time, base on your forearm you'd be there in no time!

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kris2pe View Post
    Dude your 18 you got time, base on your forearm you'd be there in no time!
    lol thanks bro. Just keep it up and enjoy building your body

Originally Posted by avodo View Post
    lol thanks bro. Just keep it up and enjoy building your body
    Uh! I don't think there any enjoyable part on this! Workout is good! Not the part looking at the mirror!

Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bennn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    awesome

bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thats the wrong question to ask. To get a bodybuilders body you need more then time. Your effectiveness of your training, your love for your training, your passion for bodybuilding will determine your how and when your body changes.

Everybody's body is different. You will go through something no one else has experienced. It took me 20 years to win the national title of Mr. Australia. But thinking of it in terms of time will burn you out.
    The questions you need to be asking yourself are:
    How much do I love training
    why do I want to train
    what else do I have in my life besides training
    how bad do you actually want to be a bodybuilder.
    What are you doing it for? yourself? others?

If you type in "oz pinoy" in youtube my channel with my journey and many of our instructional videos are on there.
    Thanks guys

JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bodynbeauty covered alot of what I was going to say. Genetics can also play a pretty substantial role as well. Not to mention it also depends on whether you figure out what your body responds to best early on. But all in all you would be pretty suprised how quickly one can make serious gains with the right routine and good nutrition. Or you can be like me and work out terribly.. on a terrible routine with a terrible diet and still somehow stay lean.(That would be genetics).

And to the guy saying its impossible to put on that kind of muscle on your own I beg to differ. I started lifting while in the military around 21 years old. In the first couple of months I went from 130 to about 165. Id go on 8 month dry spells of no weights due to deployments then Id start up again. I did that a couple times then got out when my time was up. Early on when I first started to lift I stuck to the basic movements and they seem to yeild the best results for obvious reasons.

stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol 37 is really old and noone will care.

5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5ilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recommend taking a more day-to-day approach to things. If you're expecting to look good in 10 years, you'll quickly get bored and lose motivation. Think of it this way, every day you work hard and give that extra 1%, you get better and better.

I would also strongly recommend finding hobbies/ other things to distract you and keep you motivated. For instance, get a gym buddy and go there together. Join a "gain the most muscle until new year" competition or some such. Try to make "fitness/nutrition/whatever you're doing" more of a side thing like brushing your teeth and combing your hair in the morning and it'll get much easier.

13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000)
    I started at 27 or 28, made a ton of progress my first year! I also had a very optimistic attitude going into it and enjoyed every step of the process and still do. The majority of the time I am not even goal oriented or worried about results. I just became somebody that worked out, became knowledgeable in lifting and nutrition, enjoy the lifestyle and I my body started reflecting the way I live.
    look at it more positively, challenge yourself and enjoy it, you only have one life and will get older every day I plan on being in better shape when I'm 40 than I am now, and the road to that goal will be very beneficial whether or not I get there
    My workout, sup, nutrition log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138799053

Originally Posted by bodynbeauty View Post
    Thats the wrong question to ask.
    Yes it is! Because you age and the progress that will occur will be slower. If you think its slow now wait till you reach 30 that's not me saying stupid things, I'm pretty sure science has alot to say about aging!
    how and when your body changes.
    Is it extreme different for each person cause seriously I've seen dudes who barely lift and has more muscle that I will ever had barely sweat as well! Some even got jacked doing wrong forms all the time!
    But thinking of it in terms of time will burn you out.
    Again you age and that matters! Ok I've seen in this forum older people who do it but lets be honest that would entail more supplementation as well probably even steroids. I just feel that I don't want to spend more money for that!
    How much do I love training
    I like it doing better than wasting my time! But having to imagine the money spending for it and seeing mediocre result it just feels like a let down.
    how bad do you actually want to be a bodybuilder.
    Not really its just to have a good body! But its another when your body says I don't give a...!
    What are you doing it for?
    Myself & health, but make no mistake I do think of the time & money I spend and the results that occur because I'm realistic, I'm not overweight, in fact I can eat unhealthy and never show signs of being one! Its just that the opposite seems to happen when trying to get healthy! Yeah my body seems to be a jacka--! I never knew that bodybuilding had such unhealthy aspects like overeating, undereating, sometime starving and copious amounts supplementations
    "oz pinoy" in youtube my channel
    Oh so your Pinoy as well! I love how you said keep knowing on that door! The problem could I am knocking on wall w/ no window on it.
    Originally Posted by JonOldSchool View Post
    Genetics can also play a pretty substantial role as well. Not to mention it also depends on whether you figure out what your body responds to best early on. But all in all you would be pretty suprised how quickly one can make serious gains with the right routine and good nutrition. Or you can be like me and work out terribly.. on a terrible routine with a terrible diet and still somehow stay lean.(That would be genetics).
    There you go! HOW? Two years its not looking good! Terrible diet? I mean seriously I don't think eating 6-7 times in a day is a healthy diet as well! Yeah I'm already skipping junk food, soda and all that nasty stuff. And realizing that I'm not improving maybe I should starting going back to that!
    And to the guy saying its impossible to put on that kind of muscle on your own I beg to differ.
    I'm saying not gaining muscles or anything its just that the results on the amount of times spend is ridiculous! I remember my result showed 1lb of muscle for 3 months on an inbody bio-impedance that is ridiculous!
    In the first couple of months I went from 130 to about 165. Id go on 8 month dry spells of no weights due to deployments then Id start up again. I did that a couple times then got out when my time was up. Early on when I first started to lift I stuck to the basic movements and they seem to yeild the best results for obvious reasons.
    Oh okey another poster that trying to tell me that they are doing great! Not me! OKEY! GET IT!
    Originally Posted by stillfit View Post
    lol 37 is really old and noone will care.
    YES THEY WON't! U don't live where I live okey!
    Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    Think of it this way, every day you work hard and give that extra 1%, you get better and better.
    Oh sure! ROLL my eyes while doing!
    I would also strongly recommend finding hobbies/ other things to distract you and keep you motivated.
    Now that you mentioned it I haven't finish that video game I downloaded in pirate's bay!
    For instance, get a gym buddy and go there
    No I don't think their interested, they don't feel like wasting their money on such. They keep asking why I still look frail thin though!
    Join a "gain the most muscle until new year" competition or some such.
    There's no such thing here, bodybuilding competitions YES!
    Try to make "fitness/nutrition/whatever you're doing" more of a side thing like brushing your teeth and combing your hair in the morning and it'll get much easier.
    How I'm stuck in a desk for quite a long time 6 1/2 days a week!
    Originally Posted by 13seth View Post
    I started at 27 or 28, made a ton of progress my first year!
    Wow now that's motivating to hear. BUt I'm two years in and made little progess!
    I also had a very optimistic attitude going into it and enjoyed every step of the process and still do.
    I'd be one too if I make lots of gains in year!
    The majority of the time I am not even goal oriented or worried about results.
    Because you can see it duh!
    I plan on being in better shape when I'm 40 than I am now, and the road to that goal will be very beneficial whether or not I get there
    Maybe I should focus in strength screw getting JACKED!

Here the things that I will admit that I made mistakes from:
    1.) I work out on average 5-6 in a week. They say its overtraining, but I don't feel sore after everywork thus I am trying to make sure I get alot volume of workouts into it. I still don't know what the hell it is.
    2.) According to you guys I haven't eaten that much. OKey I am trying I have gained weight I think I started out 145 not I'm 154! Somehow I feel that its FAT! I don't believe for one second that its any muscle to it. I can see it! I haven't update my pics though I'm disappointed in myself.
    3.) Compound exercises! Its hard I haven't tried any except for Squats and Deadlifts, I wanna try Bench Pressing but I'm don't know how will spot for me! In fact despite the COST I am forcing myself to hire a trainer to get me into the basics of compound movements.

I giving this one more year! After this I'm totally gonna need to find other ways to be healthy! I'll post pics if I must just to prove progress is LOW!
    Last edited by kris2pe; 10-30-2011 at 07:51 PM.

JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What is your routine looking like? There is another thread under exercises called the big 7 I suggest you read that and start implimenting those into your routine. If you arent already doing so you need to keep track of the reps and weights you use each time you work out for each exercise. This is how the progressive overload principle works. The 2.5lb weights are your best friend in this case since every week or 2 you could add them to the barbell. Learn all the movements first before you start adding heavy weight.

You should probably start off with something simple like a 2 day split routine Upper/lower. I cycle through a few different routines when I'm in serious mode but a 2 day split routine is still something I use from time to time. Its very basic and very basic is what you need right now. Are you training with explosiveness? or to failure? or both on your exercises.. or are you the type of guy who just goes through the motions day in and day out?

Maybe I should focus in strength screw getting JACKED!
    The stronger you get the bigger you get. If this wasnt the case we would see guys with 20 inch arms curling nothing but 30's all the time.

Start keeping a log book its the best way to progress no matter what.

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The road to becoming successful at this sport is paved with failure and unsatisfaction. And to answer your question, long enough for the majority to give up.
    lófasz

Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonic388 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    all ima say is being unrealistic will get u know where u can achieve anything just gotta want it BAD ENOUGH i go 2 the gym everyday eat pretty decent and get results however i promise you if your not giving it your all dont expect results dont even think about supplements till u have ur mindset set in your training and diet i just turned 15 and im doing really well its all about the effort its quite simple know one said it would be easy just very worth it in the end

DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kris2pe View Post
    Uh! I don't think there any enjoyable part on this! Workout is good! Not the part looking at the mirror!
    Hey OP, just out of curiosity, where do you live and what do you do for a living? Not jealous of the 10 hour days, 6.5 days per week.
    Don't complicate things (DCT).
    Hit your macros.
    Hit the gym.
    Get results.

What is your routine looking like?
    Back then it was 2 day split compose of 1 free weight and some machine work per bodypart! 2 set are 10-15 reps!
    Right now I'm trying this ebook I got from a filesharing site called Permanent Muscle by Rueben Bajada. I've learned something though, its hard doing this alone 95% of the time I am clueless!
    There is another thread under exercises called the big 7
    Are you referring this?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118920551
    I can do Squats, I can do deadlifts. I wanna do Bench presses but I don't have spotter and I can't for the life of me do dips and pulls up, it is super hard. I can barely 15 pushups lol, yeah that's how pathetic it is!
    The 2.5lb weights are your best friend in this case since every week or 2 you could add them to the barbell. Learn all the movements first before you start adding heavy weight.
    What if you can't carry that additional 2.5 weight? what does that tell you?
    You should probably start off with something simple like a 2 day split routine Upper/lower.
    I'm gonna try and hire a trainer! Its super expensive though I'm having a hard time mastering the moves because I'm dyslexic! Now its not just for reading btw its a condition that affect your hand and eye coordination as well! Hopefully I can learn more and especially on improving my
    Are you training with explosiveness? or to failure? or both on your exercises.. or are you the type of guy who just goes through the motions day in and day out?
    Failure because that's where its suppose to promote growth right? Explosiveness is strength right? I do go through the motion most often than not! Its so hard just to get one exercise right w/ the form, reps, breathing and focus you tend to drain so fast from all that thinking alone! Geez all that for just exercise! I don't know if I can intensify myself because again those factors alone can get you whacked so which and weight is also something you have to put in mind, I don't know if I have reach failure on each exercise but for sure when I feel the burns I do stop, I don't push all the way for fear of injury!
    I think the only place where I have muscle right now is my bicep and quads those were the comments I got from the trainer that I plan to hire! At $150 12 sessions OMG! Need to save!
    The stronger you get the bigger you get. If this wasnt the case we would see guys with 20 inch arms curling nothing but 30's all the time.
    Is it easier if I just focus on that cause damn I tired of hoping for a muscular body! When its clear my body doesn't want to grow at all. I'm tired, eating is also very tiresome I eat alot, probably way more than I should. Look at the new pic I have right now!
    Start keeping a log book its the best way to progress no matter what.
    I personally haven't logged on anything. Oddly no one in the gym does that here!

Originally Posted by JanesLastResort View Post
    The road to becoming successful at this sport is paved with failure and unsatisfaction. And to answer your question, long enough for the majority to give up.
    Then I QUIT!
    Originally Posted by Demonic388 View Post
    all ima say is being unrealistic will get u know where u can achieve anything just gotta want it BAD ENOUGH!
    I mean at some point reality keeps hitting its rock on your head and you do wake up! As you can see that body you see there its pathetic right? There's nothing in it that looks like it never worked out!
    i go 2 the gym everyday eat pretty decent and get results however i promise you if your not giving it your all dont expect results
    Good for you! Your 15! In fact when I started when I was 25 I when to the gym literally 5-6 a day still looked an idiot however I did lose a lot of weight with 3 months I got my waist line from a 33-31! However when started thinking about gaining muscle that's when the **** hit the fan! NO matter hard I tried! I never got anywhere! Trust me I lift! I barely spoke to anyone in gym hoping and focusing only to end up like an idiot!
    dont even think about supplements till u have ur mindset set in your training and diet i just turned 15 and im doing really well its all about the effort its quite simple know one said it would be easy just very worth it in the end
    The only supplement that I can afford is a whey supplement and it hurts in the wallet as well!
    Originally Posted by DedicatedDad View Post
    Hey OP, just out of curiosity, where do you live and what do you do for a living? Not jealous of the 10 hour days, 6.5 days per week.
    Its the magical hell hole called the Philippines I live in one of the provinces! Oh btw the company where I work for only has I think 3 holidays! All souls day, Christmas and New Years nice right? And yet people question my desire for a better body! Its takes alot from my tired body to get there in the gym, you HAVE NO IDEA! America's has it really easy. I mean can you imagine you pursue non sense stuff as a career? Look those dudes at the Jersey Shore a life of drinking, partying and god know what they do and its a career! I also find a DOG WALKER as a stupid career to which people do, yeah that dog whisperer too!
    Last edited by kris2pe; 10-31-2011 at 06:53 AM.

redlava85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you want someone to tell you if there is a magic pill?
    Why are you arguing/dimissing all the comments made by people.
    lol, your negative attitude will defeat you.

Originally Posted by redlava85 View Post
    Do you want someone to tell you if there is a magic pill?
    Silly rabbit magic pills are for rich people! No need to tell that I already know that!
    Why are you arguing/dimissing all the comments made by people.
    Because they are skirting the issue! Why can't they tell that this gains that I'm making is pathetic? I mean most of them already build their bodies w/ in a year!
    One things for sure something wrong w/ me! I don't why! I tried chowing down a pint ice everyday for one month and barely got fat! You try it see if you don't FAT! I'm tired of shoving food in mouth only to gain fat and no muscle! Its depressing!
    lol, your negative attitude will defeat you.
    Your lack of honesty is has already done just that!

ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000)
    this has got to be a troll

Originally Posted by ghattanj View Post
    this has got to be a troll
    What you don't believe I tried eating a small pint of ice cream everyday?
    Cause I tested that my body still had the same size!
    And please w/ the TED my work puts me in the cashiers area, if I were moving alot that would be counterproductive.
    And no breaks on my part lunch is serve in where I sit!

mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your talking about Mr.Olympia or people in Hollywood then the answer would be years of steroids and less then a year for hollywood. Steroids does wonders on speeding up progress. It's a shame they are illegal without a prescription.
    Check out my daily fat loss logs here to getting shredded.
    New plan to see what works best [Ex hackers journey to getting ripped from a fat slob]- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139504563

Originally Posted by mod4sale View Post
    If your talking about Mr.Olympia or people in Hollywood then the answer would be years of steroids and less then a year for hollywood. Steroids does wonders on speeding up progress. It's a shame they are illegal without a prescription.
    So you think all of these super hero physiques are roids? How can somebody tell? Even if you eat tons of protein like what they say?
    No not really looking to become some Mr. Olympia maybe those hollywood physiques, I just feel that I'm wasting my time!
    How could you control something your own body refuses to do it?
    Its like when I was in my teenage years being Filipino I was short and I did everything, and that was a WASTE of TIME!
    To rely on your own genetics to produce a results. Comparing that to losing weight, its much easier to lose weight because its all about caloric intake, all is dependent on your food intake. Muscles are a different story even w/ proper stimulus your body can outright reject all of it if it wants to. I mean even the best well experience builders go into plateau and they understand the science to muscle to the tee! And still baffles them why they can no longer produce the growth!
    Last edited by kris2pe; 11-01-2011 at 09:32 AM.

edd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edd1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Age is just a number bro. If you don't see any results your doing it all wrong. Educate yourself, there are many threads in this website that are pretty useful. Try this program bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw37.htm It works for me.