Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that you have gained size. I feel these working muscles I haven't felt in years with doing just back squats. When I first started lifting in high school we always did front squats. Wasn't certain why that was, but eventually they taught us back squats and there was no turning back once we realized we could lift more weights with back over front.

Feels good to mix it up a bit. I hate not being sore days after a workout, I do actually enjoy feeling like death run over at least once every few weeks, and that's definitely this week. Now just hoping I'll be able to run this 10k tomorrow and be able to shimmy in and out of my wetsuit for the lake swim.
    I've wondered if I like the front squats better b/c of my body shape/size. My legs are waaaay longer than my top...I'm 5'9.5 and 42.5 inches from floor to mt hip bones...seems like a bad top to bottom ratio for squats
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." Buddha

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Want to give me that time line again for your triathalon plz. Once that training is done the volume for lifting will go up a bit

rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd like your weight to be about 136 by the triathalon. I'm thinking you'll be about in the low 120s for the show.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Promise I haven't been slacking, I've got a lot of updating to do but honestly I'm wiped right now and about to take a nap if I can make it through this turkey sammich without falling asleep.

Originally Posted by rutzilla View Post
    Want to give me that time line again for your triathalon plz. Once that training is done the volume for lifting will go up a bit

April 1st is the race.

So approximately one more month, plus about a week...of this.....

Mondays: No 70.3 training, weights during lunch or after work
    Tuesdays: Swim, run, weights (and softball )
    Wednesdays: Bike/run, weights (and flag football )
    Thursdays: Swim, run, weights
    Fridays: Make-up for any missed workouts, weights (and more softball)
    Saturdays: Long run, swim
    Sunday: Long bike, run

I'd like your weight to be about 136 by the triathalon. I'm thinking you'll be about in the low 120s for the show.
    I'd estimate that I'm hanging around between 21 and 23%. If I use an LBM of 111 I'm at 23%, which I think is more believable. But I will say the friggin' scale isn't moving much but EVERYTHING is fitting looser. Well almost everything, just the expensive stuff like jeans and running and workout gear. I'm unfortunate to have a legit reason to buy new running and workout clothes and my wallet does not agree.

Also using 111 LBM I'd estimate around 124 to 125 showtime if I can actually when I get down to 10%.

To get to 136 by the race, that's a little under 2 pounds a week so I think I need to adjust calories down a bit and start targeting 1400 to 1500.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow...we're almost the same height. Low 120s seems crazy. I was 135 on stage ....
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." Buddha

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    Wow...we're almost the same height. Low 120s seems crazy. I was 135 on stage ....
    I know..that's why I keep second guessing myself. I don't want to look like all I did was diet down. I don't think that will be the case, but I do think a couple of rounds of bulking would do me well after I drop these last few pounds of fat.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...

Alright, as promised, I will catch up with the remainder of the week's shenanigans...*warning: this will be long and wordy*

70.3 TRAINING

Saturday:
    Run: Rodeo Run 10k. PR'd with a total time of 56:08 for a 9:00 min/mi pace.

I should've gone out faster but it did take me until 3.8 miles to finally loosen up in the legs.

Annnnnd...I got an awesome compliment! Some dude ran me down in the after party area and asked if I worked out a lot. I don't know why but I always blush and i definitely consider this a compliment. Anyhow, he said he was stuck behind me the whole race and didn't feel so bad about not being able to catch me at the sprint to the finish because I had awesome shoulders *double blush*

Swim: 1000m open water lake swim.

Brrrr it was cold. So I've always kind of freaked myself out in open water swims and this is by far my biggest concern for potential to take me out of the race. Since it was in the low to mid 50s it was wetsuit weather, as will be the race. We get to swimming and I immediately think to myself "Boy I'm so tired from that race this morning. My shoulders are tired and this suit isn't helping...yada yada yada". So I stopped and just floated there for a second, rolled on to my back, just got a feel for how the suit keeps me afloat. THIS was a huge boost mentally. Knowing that I do not have to expend any energy to stay afloat will help rid a bulk of the jitters I always get. I go on to finish the swim, getting better at sighting as I go along, and freak out only when my hands hit a patch of grass or when a turtle gets spooked and scurries off...

The swim was a little less than half the distance I will need to cover for the race, but now knowing how much my suit helps me out, I know I will definitely finish the swim. The water will be much choppier during the race since it's down in Galveston Bay, but at least I can assure myself that the suit will float me and just focus on not swallowing salt water.

Sunday:

Bike: 47.8 miles, 3:08:00. Overall average of 15.3 mph.

This was the first road ride on the new tri bike and OMG what a difference over a crappy road bike. So much easier to reach higher cruising speeds and maintaining a cadence of 85 rpm. There were a few 10 mile stretches at the beginning and end of the course that had a fairly decent head wind that slowed us down to less than 15 mph. In order to make the bike cut-off I'll have to average right at 15 mph so should be good there.

LIFTING

Shoulders:

BB Overhead Press
    3x10 @ 60

DB Lateral Raise
    5x8 @ 17.5s

[U]Machine Shoulder Press (neutral grip)
    3 drop sets, 6reps @ 50, 40, 30, 20, 10

Ab Circut
    20 leg lifts (on ground), 1 minute plank, 20 crunches on ball, 20 flutter kicks
    3x over

Arms

Power Cleans
    6 @ 85
    6 @ 95
    3 @ 105 drop back to 3 @ 95

DB Bicep Curls
    12 @ 15s
    4x12 @ 17.5s

Rope Tricep Pushdown
    12 @ 60
    12 @ 70
    3x12 @ 60

DIET

Lots of BBQ this weekend. Don't worry, I stuck to chicken and baked beans, and had a tiny helping of cole slaw, but no tater salad.

So Wednesday, I had an unplanned lunch out with my boss since I had meetings surrounding lunch that wouldn't permit me to hit the gym My boss is a little finicky of an eater, and a decision was made, in my absence, to eat at........Pizza Hut.......WTF?!?! I did have some pizza since I knew I'd need some more carbs for the weekend's workouts, and I had a salad.

Here's a breakdown of the week's daily averages...

Weekly Average: 1655cals 52f / 181c / 109p

I can definitely attribute the over calories to the Wednesday unplanned lunch and the low protein to some dinners that aren't my typical diet type dinners. I had steamed mussels on my "date night" and some friends came over on Thursday and we cooked pork loin (not terrible) and roasted sweet taters, soooo yummy!

What I am finding is that since I'm attempting to restrict my calories to 1600 or less that I'm not using protein shakes after workouts. This is where I think I'm beginning to have issues hitting my protein targets. I'll probably have to start making my morning PB sammich a foldover and take a 1/2 scoop of casein to help bump up the protein content....sacrifices......

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow Meg! Your training is impressive to say the least! I've enjoyed reading your work leading up to your Tri. Plus your work in the gym is awesome! I love to see someone so focused on their goals, and achieving them spectacularly
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Shake... yes, drop that post workout shake and try to get a mealin about an hour after. The fllood of insulin is killing off alot of fat burning effect you get from the workout, stick with the BCAAs during and after workout. Want you said about breakfast is good.
    Take today off of lifting, got to let the front delts recover before hitting chest.
    When you do hit chest:
    warmup with internal/external rotations for cuffs.
    incline BB bench 10 x 10
    dips 3sets max reps
    pec deck machine press supersets 3sets 8reps each.
    triceps..
    overhead DB ext 4sets 12reps
    reverse grip single cable pushdown 2sets 10reps

Open water is scarey, I've swam in lakes all my life but when we were dive training during USMC, in the ocean i was freaked out alittle, kept expecting a great white to come at me. Plus later, they had us do it in the dark with just a compass, and not surface at all.

Hey Meg! Just checking in on you...your training looks great. All that cardio would kill me, lol...17 weeks!!

2/28/12....complete rest day.

WEIGHT

147…still holding some water

70.3 TRAINING

NONE. This week is a cut-back week so no swim scheduled for today.

LIFTING

Rest Day.

DIET

Breakfast: 1 lg egg, 2/3 c. egg whites, 1/3 c. whole oats, 1 TBSP honey, coffee w/ sugar free cream
    Snack 1: 1 slice whole wheat, 2 TBSP natty PB
    Lunch: Grilled chicken salad w/ black beans, corn salsa, and pico
    Snack2 / Dinner: 2 spicy tuna patties (yummy), ½ c. 2% Greek yogurt, ½ c. blueberries, ½ c. raspberries

1584cals 69f / 105c / 115p
    *includes supplements

HYDRATION + LIQUIDS

Okay, I think I’m falling off on how much water I am taking in since I’ve started drinking a lot of green tea throughout the day, so I need to start tracking again.

~4 – 8oz. cups of green tea
    69oz. water -- get your minds out the gutter, my stainless steel water bottle is 23 fl.oz. and I drank 3 of them yesterday.

SUPPS
    Glucosamine
    Multi
    1.8g Omega-3 fish + krill oil
    4g. CLA

EXTRACURRICULARS

SOFTBALL ! ! !

And it actually felt really good, other than my not focusing on the fielding part and missing routine plays, grrrr.

I was skeptical about my ability to hit anymore since it is my power and pivot knee that got wrecked but it feels fine “mashing the bug”. And I can still smash the beejezus out of the ball. Not certain if it has anything to do with being back in the gym and just being stronger overall, over 15 pounds lighter, and hopefully stronger and faster hip speed, but I can get my hands through the zone quick even with my 27.5 oz. bat. I think I’ll be back to jacking them out the park again in no time.

And surprisingly, I can still get around those bases fairly quickly. Not as fast or aggressive as I used to be, but that’s probably more to do with comfort level rather than ability. Getting up to speed isn’t tough, it’s hitting the brakes that is sketchy.

OTHER RAMBLINGS

Got a touch of road rage this morning, but I feel was totally justified because I’ve never, ever have called someone the *C* bomb but this witch totally deserved it. There were more choice words in the mix but I’ll spare you folks. So needless to say I’d rather be at the gym working out all that stress, but rather I’m stuck here at this damned desk. I expect a good workout here in a few hours.

Oh…and on a brighter note. The scale doesn’t seem to be budging but I’m feeling and seeing some more definition in places I never have, specifically in the abs right above my navel….ala photo proof….

It’s still not spectacular but I do believe I am still making progress though the scale doesn’t show it. But that doesn't say that I'm making progress as fast as I should be...extra focus on the diet this week.

/endlongassposteventhoughididnotworkoutyesterday
    Last edited by megdaig; 02-29-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: I most certainly did not jump up to 157lbs...

Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    Hey Meg! Just checking in on you...your training looks great. All that cardio would kill me, lol...17 weeks!!
    I'm telling myself 15 weeks...

And I honestly do not believe that cardio does jack for me. All in the diet for me. Gotta tighten that sh!t up, now!

I'm telling myself 15 weeks...

And I honestly do not believe that cardio does jack for me. All in the diet for me. Gotta tighten that sh!t up, now!
    Yeah, it's all diet. At the very end, when you're super lean, I think the cardio helps...lots of boring walking....but it works.

And I was too scared to start the keto at 16 weeks so I started yesterday...time to get shredded

2/28/12....Chest...

WEIGHT

2/28 145.8
    2/29 144.4 <-- ‘Relative’ New Low!!

Had a woosh on the scale this morning. Feeling nice and lean, and I think this is the leanest I’ve ever been in my life, at least that’s how it feels.

70.3 TRAINING

Track Workout: 6x400m sprints w/ 400m rest b/w sets
    Warm-up: ~1 mile @ 10:02/mi
    6x400m @ 1:35, 1:34, 1:33, 1:32, 1:30, 1:27 minutes
    Cool Down: ~1 mile @ 10:08/mi

After all was said and done, 3.6 miles @ 8:11/mi pace. That’s unheard of for me. In high school my 1 mile was around between 7:37 and 8:12 so being able to maintain this pace for nearly 4 miles feels good. Oh, and my coaches told me my 16:16 2 mile time trial was crap. WTF? That’s the fastest I could run 2 miles at that point in time

LIFTING

Internal/External Rotator Cuff w/u
    2x10 @ 15s

Incline BB Bench
    10x10 @ 65
    Not sure if I’m imagining that I’m still this weak on these, but about the 8th or 9th set I had to roll the bar off my chest on the last rep, but the set 10 felt easy. Maybe it was a mental thing, knowing it was the last set, whatever. I’ll eventually go up in weight.

BW Dips
    3 sets max reps: 4.5, 3.5, 3

DB Overhead Tricep Press
    12 @ 30
    8 @ 30 then 4 @ 27.5
    8 @ 27.5 then 4 @ 25
    12 @ 25
    Not sure if my triceps were shot from dips or what, but for some reason I’d get stuck on the negative at rep 8, but it didn’t feel like my tris were doing any of the work, more like my forearms were giving out…hmmm.

Pec Deck SS w/ Machine Chest Press
    8 @ 50 pec, 8 @ 70 press
    6 @ 50 then 2 @ 40 pec, 8 @ 70 press
    8 @ 40 pec, 8 @ 70 press

Reverse Grip Single Cable Pushdown
    10 @ 30
    6 @ 30 then 4 @ 20

DIET

Breakfast: 1 lg egg, 2/3 c. egg whites, 1/3 c. whole oats, ½ TBSP honey, cinnamon, coffee w/ sugar free creamer
    Snack 1: 1 slice whole wheat, 2 TBSP natty PB, ½ scoop casein
    Lunch: 4 oz. tuna, mixed baby greens w/ herbs, 2 TBSP superfruit berry vinaigrette, 1 c. baked sweet potato
    Snack 2: ½ c. 2% Greek yogurt, ½ c. raspberries, ¼ c. blueberries
    Dinner: 3 oz. roasted chicken, 2 slices whole wheat, 1 TBSP chipotle mayo

1576cals 51f / 148c / 142p
    *Calorie total includes supplements

I could’ve easily gone without dinner (which was at 11:30 pm) and not been hungry. But since I hadn’t hit my protein target for the day I decided not to skip.

HYDRATION

96 oz. water
    2 – 8oz. green tea
    *does not include water used in shakes or workout beverages

SUPPS

4g CLA
    1.8g Omega-3 Fish + Krill
    Glucosamine
    Multi
    1g L-Carnitine (pre-w/o)
    20g Xtend BCAA + 5g Creatine (intra-w/o)
    10g Xtend BCAA (intra-w/o)

EXTRACURRICULARS

More softball! Played with my old work team which plays in a ‘D’ league which is much less competitive than I’m used to, but fun none-the-less. Got to play some 3rd base and sucked up every line drive like a Hoover. Knee felt great though it is so extremely swollen that my brace almost doesn’t fit. Iced for about 20 minutes before going to bed and took an “anti-inflammatory”
    Last edited by megdaig; 02-29-2012 at 07:02 AM.

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice!!! Looking good, ab definition!!
    So much training! When is the tri? You are doing so well keeping up with everything.
    I wanna run some shorter races this year so starting to add some miles in here and there.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A few posts up^^ you said 157...I'm assuming that should have been 147?

Jealous of those abz!

Excellent run, too!
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    A few posts up^^ you said 157...I'm assuming that should have been 147?

Jealous of those abz!

Excellent run, too!
    Oh wow, good catch. I hope to not see 157 any time soon! Unless I get to get there by eating buckets of peanutbutter.

Those abs are looking great, perfect spot this far out from the show.

2/29/12....Legs....HAPPY LEAP DAY!!!

WEIGHT

70.3 TRAINING

Spin/Brick: 1 hour spin class...distance TBD, run 3 miles call it 10:30 pace

LIFTING

Front Squats
    3x10 @ 115
    8 @ 135 then 2 @ 115 <---OMG I'll tell you all about it.
    6x10 @ 115

So 115 front squats is WAY too easy, so I bumped up to 135. I'm not sure if I just went down in the negative too quickly but on the 8th rep my knee, crumpled? (about the best way to explain it) The back of my knee, on the inside so I supposed the ACL/PCL area, popped about 3 or 4 times and about put my on my arse, I managed to catch myself before hitting rock bottom. Technically it did because after re-racking the weight I sat down to figure out what the hell I just did. Knee felt really awkward and I almost considered aborting, but after reducing back to 115 and doing a couple of reps I felt comfortable enough to keep going. I'm hoping this is just because my knee is all tweaky from beginning to play sports again.

DB Lunges
    12 @ 20s
    12 @ 25s
    12 @ 20s <-- Listening to the knee here. Patellar tendon starting to hurt again.

Leg Press
    50 @ 1 plate per side

Single Leg, Leg Press right leg only
    2x10 @ 70
    Had to move to the "machine" leg press, just unable to move the sled + 1 plate per side.

BB SLDL
    8 @ 135
    2x8 @ 155

Lying Leg Curl
    6 @ 110
    2x6 @ 120
    6 @ 110

Calf Press (on leg press)
    5x20 @ 2 plates per side

DIET

Breakfast: 1 lg egg, 2/3 c. egg whites, 1/3 c. whole oats, 1/2 TBSP honey, cinnamon
    Snack 1: 1 slice whole wheat, 2 TBSP natty PB, 1/2 scoop casein
    Lunch: 4 oz. tuna, mixed baby greens w/ herbs, 2 TBSP superberry fruit vinaigrette, 1 c. baked sweet potato
    Snack 2: 1/2 c. 2% Greek yogurt, 1/2 c. raspberries
    Dinner: 5 oz. grilled chicken, 1/2 c. baked sweet potato, 1/2 c. green beans

1621cals 50f / 152c / 143p
    *Calorie total includes supplements

HYDRATION

Right now, somewhere around 64+ oz.
    2 - 8 oz. cups green tea

SUPPS
    Glucosamine
    Multi
    4g CLA
    1.8g Omega-3 Fish + Krill
    20g Xtend BCAA + 5g Creatine
    1 scoop BodyForm

EXTRACURRICULARS

Just 1 game of flag football. Was going to take the night off to rest the knee, but the fields were on the way home from spin/brick class You see, if I wasn't there I wouldn't have won the game winning TD, 60 yard pass and burned the defense. Don't underestimate the [small?] chick with the knee brace!

stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    awesome incline presses!! 10x10x65!! how long do you rest between sets?
    Stace ;)

Currently: slow bulk for the winter :)

My Program www.growthstimuloustraining.com (w/ Ryan, my awesome online trainer)

MY JOURNAL = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133696651&page=3

patellar tendon?? was that also injuried? I believe your correct about your knee, it's tired from all the sports, because it's not used to being worked that why, you've been out of sports for a while get now busting butt.
    Back
    Pullups 3sets max out see what you can do,

bent BB rows 4sets 8reps
    seated cable row 3sets 12reps
    Deadlift ramp up with sets of 2 for a 2rep max
    read delts on pec deck-most ppl I've trained end up with awesome rear delts, like the guy said running behind you---
    do 3sets 10reps
    crunch 4sets 100reps

Originally Posted by stackums View Post
    awesome incline presses!! 10x10x65!! how long do you rest between sets?
    I usually shoot for a minute to 1.5 of rest. Although, lately it seems that these rest periods are starting to get a little bit longer. Time to step my game back up.

patellar tendon?? was that also injuried? I believe your correct about your knee, it's tired from all the sports, because it's not used to being worked that why, you've been out of sports for a while get now busting butt.

I had an allograft using the middle third of my patellar tendon. They cut out a section of your patella, middle third of the tendon, and a section of the tibia to create a bone-tendon-bone for the graft. Once they take the graft they sew the two halves of the patellar tendon back together. This is why it becomes so weak after the repair. Assuming tendon strength is linear, this would mean that my tendon is/was only capable of resisting 2/3rds of the normal forces imposed on the tendon. So lots of time trying to recoup all that strength with the remaining 2/3rds.

Picking up the pieces newbeginning828's Avatar
    newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    pheewww..... just got caught up

omg Meg how do you do it. Tri training + lifting + Zilla's cardio + Sports AND on such low casl Wow, srs I don't know how you manage it. You are doing amazing!

P.s... jelly of dem abz too!
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews
    **TEAM AMAZON** Sisterhood of Iron

My Building Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139809523

Summer Lifting w/Promera! (COMPLETED)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146024643

Originally Posted by newbeginning828 View Post
    pheewww..... just got caught up

omg Meg how do you do it. Tri training + lifting + Zilla's cardio + Sports AND on such low casl Wow, srs I don't know how you manage it. You are doing amazing!

P.s... jelly of dem abz too!
    Feeling good for now. Maybe I'm just not pushing hard enough somewhere...

And thankfully we aren't doing any cardio on top of Tri training. I was thinking during last night's spin/brick how much fun training for a triathlon with a group of people beats the snot out of staring at a wall on a stepmill for 45 minutes.

3/1/12...Back...

WEIGHT

3/1 144.2
    3/2 154.6 WTF?

70.3 TRAINING

NONE...need to squeeze a run in tonight.

LIFTING

BW Neutral Grip Chin-ups
    3 sets, max reps @ 5, 4, 3
    Getting better...and easier.

Bent Over BB Row
    8 @ 115 / 135 / 115 / 135
    Couldn't decide on which weight to use...

Seated Cable Row
    4x12 @ 85

DL
    2x2 @ 155
    2x2 @ 165
    2x2 @ 175
    2x2 @ 185
    2 @ 195 <-- PR
    I felt my form starting to slip at 185#s but really wanted to see if I could hit 195...because if I can do 195 I can do 200. First rep at 195 form was spot on, form on second started to slip on the negative. I switched grip to palms facing each other since I didn't bring my straps on the floor and didn't feel like leaving to get them, and OMG what a difference, so much easier than how I have been doing them.

Rear Delt on Pec Deck
    10 @ 50-ish
    10 @ 56-ish
    10 @ 50-ish
    Metric machine with no plates labeled.

Crunches
    4x100 (general, leg lifts, knee-ins, bicycle, obliques)

DIET

Breakfast: 1 lg. egg, 2/3 c. egg whites, 1/3 c. whole oats, 1/2 TBSP honey, cinnamon, coffee w/ sugar free cream
    Snack 1: 1 slice whole wheat, 2 TBSP natty PB, 1/2 scoop casein
    Lunch: Shawarma chicken pita (grilled chicken and onions)
    Snack 2: 1/2 c. 2% Greek yogurt, 1/2 c. raspberries, 2 pickles
    Dinner: 2 slices whole wheat, 3.4 oz. chicken, 1 TBSP chipotle mayo

1689 60f / 157c / 146p

HYDRATION

3 - oz cups of green tea
    46 oz water...yikes

SUPPS

Glucosamine
    Multi
    20g Xtend BCAA + 5g Creatine (intra-w/o)
    4g CLA
    1.8g Omega-3 Fish + Krill oil

[QUOTE=newbeginning828;840964321]pheewww..... just got caught up

Agreed, I'm blown away with your energy and how active you are, like superhuman!
    shoulder left
    Seated BB press 3set 10reps
    latera; raises 5sets 6reps
    front raise ss/w machine press 3sets 8reps each
    same calve as leg day (want to bring them up abit)

Well, I do suppose it is easier to dig deep and find the energy to do the things you enjoy rather than the things that you need to do . I have little free time right now and it shows by how neglected my yard and landscaping looks. Hoping to make time after Sunday's long ride to mow, pull weeds, and plant something to make my yard look half way decent.

I dont feel tired on 1600 cals, but I do suppose this won't be the case in a month or two.

3/2/12 through 3/4/12 weekend update

WEIGHT

148??? Water

70.3 TRAINING

Saturday:
    Run 10 miles, ~10:30 pace

Sunday:
    Bike 52 miles, 16.4 mph, 3h 10m
    Lake swim 1000m (was supposed to be 1600m)
    Run 3.2 miles, ~10:00 pace

I’m definitely getting more confident in the “open” water, sighting is getting much better, overall feeling less freaked out about the race. Now just to get used to so much saddle time. Going to try out a new “butter” to help with the chaffing, the only downfall about this sport. Talk about kill your sex life for a few days after a long ride.

Next weekend’s bike ride will be down in Galveston and is the race course. This will be awesome practice because I know the crosswinds on race day are going to be killer.

LIFTING

BB Shoulder Press
    3x10 @ 60

DB Lateral Raises
    5x6 @ first 3 reps @ 20s, second 3 reps @ 17.5s

DB Front Raises SS w/ Machine Shoulder Press
    3x8 @ 17.5s <--front raises
    3x8 @ 50 <--neutral grip machine press

Standing Calf Raise
    5x20 @ 75

DIET

Friday:
    Breakfast: Same as always + coffee w/ sugar free cream
    Snack 1: PB sammich
    Lunch: Grilled chicken wrap, chips + salsa (carb load )
    Snack 2: 2 pickles
    Snack 3/Dinner: 1 pkg Reese’s Pieces (these ended up in my work inbox after an MPI compliance inspection, “here’s a congratulatory gift to wreck your diet”)

1889cals 78f / 191c / 103p

Saturday:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy, 2 pieces bacon, 1 c. diced potatoes, 1 slice wheat toast, coffee + half-n-half (after long run breakfast w/ my running buddies)
    Lunch: Ham and turkey sammich, 1 c. acorn squash and mango soup
    Dinner: 2 oz. each of fajita chicken and beef, ½ c. Spanish rice, ½ chicken enchilada, 1 bag of peanuts (whoa? 800 calories a bag?), and I did splurge and have two beers

2963cals 117f / 265c / 141p

Sunday:
    Breakfast: Same as always
    Snack 1: 2 Gu packs, 1 Granola bar (bike ride foodz)
    Lunch: Ham and turkey sammich, 1 c. acorn squash and mango soup
    Snack 2: fold over PB sammich
    Snack 3: bag of peanuts (snacked on throughout the day during what time I managed to be at home)
    Dinner: Pulled pork sammich, ½ c. tater salad, 4 small oatmeal cookies

3123cals 149f / 341c / 155p

HYDRATION

I’m pretty sure I got most of my requirements. I did feel dehydration setting in on my run Sunday after the swim.

MISCELLANEOUS THOUGHTS

*So I feel bad about two really high cal days in a row, the water weight is showing on the scale, but still looking lean.
    *The ex thinks I look perfect now (haha…sorry, you gave this up) and can’t believe that I want to get even leaner and can’t understand why I want to look all jacked. Who wouldn’t want to look jacked?
    *I’m a little pissed by some recent developments so the fire is burning deep and I’m about to start whooping some arse all over the place (in the gym primarily of course).
    *The ex is submitting an app for a rental, if accepted he’ll be out my house by April 1st. Please, please, please let him get this place
    *Had a blast at the Rodeo. My newest “eye candy” works for HPD so I got to see that sexy butt in uniform for a bit on Saturday at the show
    *Although Saturday was chockablock full I still manage some time to hang out with friends. The weather was gorgeous all day so it was really nice to be outside for essentially 12 straight hours.
    *I’m beat…wanted to sleep for a few more hours this morning.
    ***NEED TO GET BETTER AT DOING ALL OF MY TRI WORKOUTS***

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Who wouldn’t want to look jacked?
    Totally.

*I’m a little pissed by some recent developments so the fire is burning deep and I’m about to start whooping some arse all over the place (in the gym primarily of course).
    *The ex is submitting an app for a rental, if accepted he’ll be out my house by April 1st. Please, please, please let him get this place
    Yikes had no clue he was still living with you!! Fingers crossed he gets out!

Greart job on your workouts and training!!! Very cool.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike