preacher of simplicity godsamurai's Avatar
    godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Gold's Gym products, has chemical causes cancer..?

I just purchased lifting straps, brand of Gold's Gym (not sure if that's same gym in Las Vegas where J Cutler is), and it is manufactured in China.. I purchased from Walmart and there's warning sign on the back saying "This product contains one or more chemical's known to the state of California to cause cancer" ...

I really needed a straps and since it was cheap, I purchased this anyway and decided to google this if this is true. I haven't found anything related to this, but I found out a lot of more Gold's Gym products have same warnings.. Gold's Gym pair hand grips, or even the exercise ball, etc...

I don't know if this product has anything to do with Gold's Gym in Vegas, or just same named, but regardless, I am thinking of returning this.. It's also kind of fishy that state of California actually diagnosed this products, when FDA don't even diagnose almost every work-out related products such as suppliments.. I have feeling our government want us to lose trust on Chinese products but that's just my speculation.. I know we having huge debts to China but..

Another thing, how come other products don't have any warning sign, such as Harbinger products.. Are they even diagnosed? What if they have same chemicals that Gold's Gym does? Or could this be.. to promote domestic products? Could they have bribed state government to compete against Gold's Gym? sigh..

I really don't know if I have to return this, and really curious that warning sign is a complete joke by gov or not.. The only reason I went Walmart was they are cheap.. I purchased belt, strap, wrist wrap, etc etc today and spent about 45$...

If anyone might know what is truth behind this, please do help and reply. Thank you.
    Dymatize ISO-100 protein: 25g protein, 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 lactose, 0 sugar
    That's all you need.

Personal Dymatize protein review (2011):

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    California is a little over the top with their warning signs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schill/5612848849/
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's an over the top warning.
    Gasoline and motor oil contain chemicals that are known to cause cancer, but we use them everyday....along with 1 million other products.
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everything causes cancer in California. Good thing I'm not in California, just checked your location and you're screwed though sorry. Move to Texas and your straps will be fine.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by godsamurai View Post
    I just purchased lifting straps, brand of Gold's Gym (not sure if that's same gym in Las Vegas where J Cutler is), and it is manufactured in China.. I purchased from Walmart and there's warning sign on the back saying "This product contains one or more chemical's known to the state of California to cause cancer" ...

I really needed a straps and since it was cheap, I purchased this anyway and decided to google this if this is true. I haven't found anything related to this, but I found out a lot of more Gold's Gym products have same warnings.. Gold's Gym pair hand grips, or even the exercise ball, etc...

I don't know if this product has anything to do with Gold's Gym in Vegas, or just same named, but regardless, I am thinking of returning this.. It's also kind of fishy that state of California actually diagnosed this products, when FDA don't even diagnose almost every work-out related products such as suppliments.. I have feeling our government want us to lose trust on Chinese products but that's just my speculation.. I know we having huge debts to China but..

Another thing, how come other products don't have any warning sign, such as Harbinger products.. Are they even diagnosed? What if they have same chemicals that Gold's Gym does? Or could this be.. to promote domestic products? Could they have bribed state government to compete against Gold's Gym? sigh..

I really don't know if I have to return this, and really curious that warning sign is a complete joke by gov or not.. The only reason I went Walmart was they are cheap.. I purchased belt, strap, wrist wrap, etc etc today and spent about 45$...

If anyone might know what is truth behind this, please do help and reply. Thank you.
    When in doubt.......get rid of them!

ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are the straps made (in some manner) from Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) by any chance?

I personally stay away from that as much as possible.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Tag stapled to the bottom of one of my Parabody benches:

Guess I'll have to quit smoking while I train.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 10-29-2011 at 06:22 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Warning; Not going to the gym or working out, or exercising, increases your risk of cardiovascular disease, and cancer, and a plethora of other illnesses.

Just a suggestion, don't wear your straps, when you're not lifting anything, don't wear them, to bed, for example
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ManWithCurls View Post
    Are the straps made (in some manner) from Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) by any chance?

it just says one or more chemical known to cause cancer... I am thinking lots of ****.. gov is probably trying to stop Walmart being monopolistic, or either bribed by other sports-related companies, or just want to fight against Chinese products as we did against Japanese in the past..

I actually dont like the design of the strap so Im returning, but the belt and knee wrap dont have any warning sign.. belt is like 14$ and knee wrap is only 5$.. but what if they have the chemicals as does in straps..

Well I fukin understand there are tons of stuffs thesedays that causes cancer, but I go to gym least 4 times a week, and im not putting those in laundry when im washing cuz i dont want chemicals to spread everywhere in laundry machine..
    That's all you need.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    it just says one or more chemical known to cause cancer... I am thinking lots of ****.. gov is probably trying to stop Walmart being monopolistic, or either bribed by other sports-related companies, or just want to fight against Chinese products as we did against Japanese in the past..

I actually dont like the design of the strap so Im returning, but the belt and knee wrap dont have any warning sign.. belt is like 14$ and knee wrap is only 5$.. but what if they have the chemicals as does in straps..

Well I fukin understand there are tons of stuffs thesedays that causes cancer, but I go to gym least 4 times a week, and im not putting those in laundry when im washing cuz i dont want chemicals to spread everywhere in laundry machine..

Maybe just lift without straps.

I use straps, but then again, I don't fear stupid sht like this. You aren't eating them are you?
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Maybe just lift without straps.

I use straps, but then again, I don't fear stupid sht like this. You aren't eating them are you?
    like i said, i dont want stuffs to spread when im washing in laundry machine, and what if the chemicals fly in the air while im touching or lifting it..

also someone said the dye in the product might cause cancer which seems reasonable... u have straps that didnt have warning sign, that's why ur not complaining. put urself into my shoe
    That's all you need.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    like i said, i dont want stuffs to spread when im washing in laundry machine, and what if the chemicals fly in the air while im touching or lifting it..

also someone said the dye in the product might cause cancer which seems reasonable... u have straps that didnt have warning sign, that's why ur not complaining. put urself into my shoe

Well, what does the warning label on your shoes say...

Well, what does the warning label on your shoes say...
    says "careful on possible trolls!"
    That's all you need.

I thought you might be trollin, with a concern like the one you brought up. Nicely done.

I thought you might be trollin, with a concern like the one you brought up. Nicely done.
    u have the point on the shoe... I guess I just never researched. I still feel controversial if these chemicals actually do cause cancer, and if it does, why the fuk gov is allowing to produce!!!!!!!! for the sake of economy?
    That's all you need.

u have the point on the shoe... I guess I just never researched. I still feel controversial if these chemicals actually do cause cancer, and if it does, why the fuk gov is allowing to produce!!!!!!!! for the sake of economy?

My guess (and I am no scientist) is that almost anything can be attributed to causing cancer if the study is done in such a way as to show it. In all honesty, even cigarettes haven't been proven to cause cancer. Smoking is a huge risk factor for cancer, but as for cause and affect, not so much.

I guess what I am saying is that I would use the straps, wash the straps, and otherwise not be afraid of them one single bit if it were me. In the grand scheme of things, they would be about number 10,000 on my list of things to worry about.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hate to say it op, but your fukked. It may be too late, dont return them. You will have to touch them again.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    I hate to say it op, but your fukked. It may be too late, dont return them. You will have to touch them again.
    Maybe he has some tongs.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ManWithCurls View Post

Very common material used for piping in home construction.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    California has very strict requirements on things. The straps were probably treated wiht some chemical that lab studies - test tube -or lab rat - found caused cancer in high amounts. that doesnt mean the straps will do this.
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Ironic post is ironic.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just dont eat them and you will do fine

nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i swear ice breakers gum had the same warning years ago, i dont know if they still do
    I count on me to count on nothing. I can count that on no hands......look ma no hands.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If I worried about every chemical causing cancer, I would need to keep a voluminous list when I go shopping for any goods.