24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Reply
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Registered User Ykiki's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 38
    Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Ykiki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit Ykiki's BodySpace
    Ykiki is offline

    Does CLA help burn belly fat?

    1st i would like to intoduce myself, Im Ykiki and im new here, and im on a mission to get in the best shape of my life (figure model body type), And i seem to have a small genetic problem, my stomach, its the biggest part on my body, and i know i have to do cardio and im doing so along with weight lifting and eating a low carb, high protein diet, my belly does not get along with bread and pasta, trust me i know through experience. Ive only been going strong for about a month and have 30lbs to lose. I could use a boost with getting rid of it completely and would like to know has anyone experienced extra belly fat lost taking CLA, or do u know of some1 who it worked great for and also how much should be taken? Thanx
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Fulkmaster Flex nlite2000's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Age: 31
    Stats: 6'1", 200 lbs
    Posts: 7,337
    Rep Power: 2126
    nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit nlite2000's BodySpace
    nlite2000 is offline
    Originally Posted by Ykiki View Post
    1st i would like to intoduce myself, Im Ykiki and im new here, and im on a mission to get in the best shape of my life (figure model body type), And i seem to have a small genetic problem, my stomach, its the biggest part on my body, and i know i have to do cardio and im doing so along with weight lifting and eating a low carb, high protein diet, my belly does not get along with bread and pasta, trust me i know through experience. Ive only been going strong for about a month and have 30lbs to lose. I could use a boost with getting rid of it completely and would like to know has anyone experienced extra belly fat lost taking CLA, or do u know of some1 who it worked great for and also how much should be taken? Thanx
    At 5'7" 180, it's a long while before something like CLA will make any kind of difference. Even when lean, the effects of stuff like that are marginal at best. If you want to lose your belly fat, you have to lose fat.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User 160to100's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Location: Australia
    Stats: 6'0", 228 lbs
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 66
    160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 160to100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit 160to100's BodySpace
    160to100 is offline
    Originally Posted by Ykiki View Post
    1st i would like to intoduce myself, Im Ykiki and im new here, and im on a mission to get in the best shape of my life (figure model body type), And i seem to have a small genetic problem, my stomach, its the biggest part on my body, and i know i have to do cardio and im doing so along with weight lifting and eating a low carb, high protein diet, my belly does not get along with bread and pasta, trust me i know through experience. Ive only been going strong for about a month and have 30lbs to lose. I could use a boost with getting rid of it completely and would like to know has anyone experienced extra belly fat lost taking CLA, or do u know of some1 who it worked great for and also how much should be taken? Thanx
    Hey there, you cant just target one area of fat, you have to aim to reduce your total body fat percentage !
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Ykiki's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 38
    Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Ykiki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit Ykiki's BodySpace
    Ykiki is offline
    Originally Posted by 160to100 View Post
    Hey there, you cant just target one area of fat, you have to aim to reduce your total body fat percentage !
    Yes i am very aware of that, and that is my plan, but since it is my problem area, just wanted to know if CLA would be of any assistance with the burning process thanx.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Ykiki's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 38
    Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Ykiki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit Ykiki's BodySpace
    Ykiki is offline
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    At 5'7" 180, it's a long while before something like CLA will make any kind of difference. Even when lean, the effects of stuff like that are marginal at best. If you want to lose your belly fat, you have to lose fat.
    Ok thanx
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    gym time Gusthebus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Age: 23
    Stats: 5'10", 202 lbs
    Posts: 4,010
    Rep Power: 1729
    Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit Gusthebus's BodySpace
    Gusthebus is offline
    no its worthless like most fat burners let alone supplements
    1k+ 100% of the time
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Now a Beardless Viking bl1tzkr13g's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2005
    Location: United States
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 272
    BodyPoints: 3
    Rep Power: 356
    bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50) bl1tzkr13g will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit bl1tzkr13g's BodySpace
    bl1tzkr13g is offline
    Agreeing with all above posters, there is no magic cure for stomach fat. Fat on your body is lost as a collective percentage. For males, the mid section is always where the majority of fat is stored, hence it always being the largest eyesore. It'll be the first to appear and the last to go. After 5 years, I'm still fighting to get the small amount off and get the skin to firm up a bit. Just keep up on your macros and your physical activity, its the only way to lose weight.

    Rep for Gusthebus due to the fact that I agree with almost all supplements and "fat burners" being snake oils. Only two I have found effective: Creatine and Protein.
    5/3/1 BBB V2 LOG: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163430781

    APR2007 - 305 lbs ... MAR2008 - 220 lbs ... JUN2011 - 190 lbs ... MAR2014 - 196 lbs

    Army EOD 2008 - Present

    "...Do this all the time - no bulking, no cutting, no bullsh!t. Just train for being a Motherf*cker." ~Jim Wendler
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User adamrochester's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: torquay, vic, Australia
    Age: 23
    Stats: 6'0", 245 lbs
    Posts: 5,318
    Rep Power: 6879
    adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit adamrochester's BodySpace
    adamrochester is offline
    i had it for my comp not sure if it worked or not mayb who knows

    dont worry about it though

    worry about your nutrition calories in vs calories out

    hit your protein carbs fats and fibre goals each day lose 1lb a week and your doing great !
    offseason journey to junior mr. AUSTRALIA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139148403


    instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

    for online personal training , contest prep ,custom - nutrition plans , weight programs - supplementation - cardio plans

    visit

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Adam-Rochester/238064866254447

    www.rochhardfitness.com

    or send me an email

    adamrochester@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Khabaal's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Age: 24
    Stats: 5'10", 193 lbs
    Posts: 1,398
    Rep Power: 279
    Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit Khabaal's BodySpace
    Khabaal is offline
    I hear fire directly burns stomach fat efficiently.


    Genetics determine where fat accumulates most/first/least/last. Lose fat overall to lose fat in your problem areas.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User ParsleyTea's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Age: 44
    Stats: 6'0", 192 lbs
    Posts: 1,305
    Rep Power: 340
    ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ParsleyTea has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit ParsleyTea's BodySpace
    ParsleyTea is offline
    I'm in the same boat with not being able to eat wheat and other grains without causing stomach troubles for myself. A sight I visit about eating wheat free had a recent writing about weight loss. Since you are having trouble with the last 30lbs of loss, you might take a look at your thyroids health.

    "Thyroid Tune-up Checklist"

    http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2011/1...-up-checklist/
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User Ykiki's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 38
    Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Ykiki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit Ykiki's BodySpace
    Ykiki is offline
    Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    i had it for my comp not sure if it worked or not mayb who knows

    dont worry about it though

    worry about your nutrition calories in vs calories out

    hit your protein carbs fats and fibre goals each day lose 1lb a week and your doing great !
    Ok thanx
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User Ykiki's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 38
    Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Ykiki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit Ykiki's BodySpace
    Ykiki is offline
    Originally Posted by Khabaal View Post
    I hear fire directly burns stomach fat efficiently.


    Genetics determine where fat accumulates most/first/least/last. Lose fat overall to lose fat in your problem areas.
    With that being said how about wearing a sweat sauna top since that adds lots of heat while working out, like slowly cooking bacon.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User Ykiki's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 38
    Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Ykiki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit Ykiki's BodySpace
    Ykiki is offline
    Originally Posted by bl1tzkr13g View Post
    Agreeing with all above posters, there is no magic cure for stomach fat. Fat on your body is lost as a collective percentage. For males, the mid section is always where the majority of fat is stored, hence it always being the largest eyesore. It'll be the first to appear and the last to go. After 5 years, I'm still fighting to get the small amount off and get the skin to firm up a bit. Just keep up on your macros and your physical activity, its the only way to lose weight.

    Rep for Gusthebus due to the fact that I agree with almost all supplements and "fat burners" being snake oils. Only two I have found effective: Creatine and Protein.
    Ok thanx
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Fulkmaster Flex nlite2000's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Age: 31
    Stats: 6'1", 200 lbs
    Posts: 7,337
    Rep Power: 2126
    nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit nlite2000's BodySpace
    nlite2000 is offline
    Originally Posted by Ykiki View Post
    With that being said how about wearing a sweat sauna top since that adds lots of heat while working out, like slowly cooking bacon.
    All that does is make you flush water. If you're not making weight for a boxing match or something it's pointless, and fairly dangerous. It doesn't burn fat any faster.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User Ykiki's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 38
    Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    Ykiki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit Ykiki's BodySpace
    Ykiki is offline
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    All that does is make you flush water. If you're not making weight for a boxing match or something it's pointless, and fairly dangerous. It doesn't burn fat any faster.
    Ok thanx, i did read some where that it does burn calories 3-5% faster, which that's not much, id rather workout comfortably without it.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User Khabaal's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Age: 24
    Stats: 5'10", 193 lbs
    Posts: 1,398
    Rep Power: 279
    Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit Khabaal's BodySpace
    Khabaal is offline
    Originally Posted by Ykiki View Post
    With that being said how about wearing a sweat sauna top since that adds lots of heat while working out, like slowly cooking bacon.
    Takes a lot more heat than that to actually "burn" fat. cooking yourself doesn't work, like nlite said. And even if it's true that it ups calorie usage by 3%, it's not worth dehydrating yourself, you'll likely burn out faster on any given exercise and use less calories anyway.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
  2. Help! how to get rid of fat in the middle section?
    By filip787 in forum Losing Fat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 11:44 AM
  3. fish oil
    By Clif in forum Over Age 35
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
  4. Can i stack these together
    By 2nd_LT in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 08:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts